Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Febreeze posted:

I think the chances of it actually working is extremely slim. You'd have to prevent the spiked ball from hitting the ground at point blank range and somehow hold on. While basically blind because you don't have time to really position yourself but just dive forward and hope it works out. You can see Carter get his hands pretty much in position but he doesn't have a chance at clamping down at the right moment so the ball bounces out

What's the downside, though? I can see not devoting a ton of practice time to it, but if you've got a guy who's athletic enough to do it, there's no harm in trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's hosed up the Eagles cut Bernard Williams

Let a man be a phantom player

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Black Lighter posted:

What's the downside, though? I can see not devoting a ton of practice time to it, but if you've got a guy who's athletic enough to do it, there's no harm in trying.

it looks like it'd be an injury risk

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

You have to be Really good to have the opportunity to let luck decide games like that

I know. Not saying the Eagles aren't good and didn't imply it. They're quite good and haven't really played their best football so far, despite their record. I'm saying that luck has mostly been on their side this year and that they were very fortunate in the two games I mentioned against two other really good teams.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Black Lighter posted:

if you've got a guy who's athletic enough to do it, there's no harm in trying.

That's the most dumbfounding thing about the play...how did Jalen Carter slip cleanly under the center's legs? He's a loving house!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Just imagine if he had succeeded in the first ever (that I'm aware of) attempted pick of a spike.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

WaffleZombie posted:

That's the most dumbfounding thing about the play...how did Jalen Carter slip cleanly under the center's legs? He's a loving house!

Because Jalen Carter is an absolute freak and the rest of the NFCE should file a tampering complaint against the nine teams that let the Eagles draft him

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

“Just loud, rude and obnoxious,” one player said of Eagles fans, who might be nodding along in agreement at this moment. “They just swear they’re the biggest football gurus on earth,” added another.

:hai:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Black Lighter posted:

Also, I imagine that if the interior line has to worry about defending against it in a panicky situation like that, the chances of one of them flinching for a false start and a ten-second runoff go up. Maybe not way up, but it's another possible benefit for the defense.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Black Lighter posted:

Because Jalen Carter is an absolute freak and the rest of the NFCE should file a tampering complaint against the nine teams that let the Eagles draft him

The Eagles and the Cowboys both feast off of idiot franchises that pass on the best prospects in the draft for stupid character concern reasons.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Doltos posted:

The Eagles and the Cowboys both feast off of idiot franchises that pass on the best prospects in the draft for stupid character concern reasons.

Looking forward to Marvin Harrison Jr coming home to Philly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crescent Wrench posted:

“Just loud, rude and obnoxious,” one player said of Eagles fans, who might be nodding along in agreement at this moment. “They just swear they’re the biggest football gurus on earth,” added another.

Those are positives

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Crescent Wrench posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2MEZg1Qol4&t=2s

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Crescent Wrench posted:

That's right

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crescent Wrench posted:

seems to me our proud culture just brings our their deep insecurities :hehe:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The official Eagles account posted this meme on Facebook 11 hours ago. (They edited it to "THIS IS SO STRESSFUL")

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Their Pythag is 6-4 or some poo poo hahah

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

in retrospect us losing the jets as our only loss while beating everyone incl the chiefs so far is really loving funny. will be 100x funnier if we somehow manage to not drop one against this stretch against the bills, 9ers and cowboys either.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Their Pythag is 6-4 or some poo poo hahah

Meanwhile, the Cowboys point differential says they should have a negative number of losses, and X,^5 wins

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm 100% convinced the Cowboys come into this game full of turkey and cocaine and let Washington run up 27 points to win by one or something stupid as gently caress

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is this the first time the Lions have ever been good on thanksgiving

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Is this the first time the Lions have ever been good on thanksgiving

They were pretty good circa 2012 with Stafford and Calvin Johnson. They made the playoffs I think once

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

blarzgh posted:

I'm 100% convinced the Cowboys come into this game full of turkey and cocaine and let Washington run up 27 points to win by one or something stupid as gently caress

I hope instead they score on themselves and dak creates buttfumble 2.0, sporting a stylish center for a hat

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blarzgh posted:

They were pretty good circa 2012 with Stafford and Calvin Johnson. They made the playoffs I think once

dam nthat was a long rear end time ago

I have vague memories of barry sanders running into John Madden and a turducken as well

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

blarzgh posted:

The Lions actually won on Thanksgiving four years in a row from 2013 to 2016! They've just also lost every year since, and before then lost every year but one all the way back to 2001.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

dam nthat was a long rear end time ago

No, that was ONLY YESTERDAY when Romo won his second playoff game against the lions, helped by a last minute (totally legit) pass interference call

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

never forget Dolphins legend Joey Harrington smoking the Lions on Thanksgiving in 2006

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

beep by grandpa posted:

in retrospect us losing the jets as our only loss while beating everyone incl the chiefs so far is really loving funny. will be 100x funnier if we somehow manage to not drop one against this stretch against the bills, 9ers and cowboys either.

I think there's a real chance the Bills wheels come off fully this season, so that part of your post has a decent chance of happening

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Doltos posted:

Jalen Carter fell because he was involved in an impromptu street race where someone died not because of some "doesn't love the game" bullshit.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cash Monet posted:

Jalen Carter fell because he was involved in an impromptu street race where someone died not because of some "doesn't love the game" bullshit.

And look at him now, nerds

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Redeye Flight posted:

The Lions actually won on Thanksgiving four years in a row from 2013 to 2016! They've just also lost every year since, and before then lost every year but one all the way back to 2001.

They embarrassed the Eagles so bad in 2015 that the Eagles haven't been on Thanksgiving since.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That was their only Thanksgiving loss, too. They're 6-1 lifetime

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Cash Monet posted:

In other words, he did some stupid kid poo poo and it ended almost as tragically as it possibly could. It's not like he had a long history of vehicular manslaughter or any other red flags to speak of before that, but there were draftniks who talked about him like he was a lifelong criminal. Their loss our gain, etc, but the 'character concerns' were wildly out of proportion to what actually happened.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Draftniks are by and large horrible morons that try to find any reason for click bait over actual analysis. This stretches from paid professionals to tiktok/twitter draftheads. Even if they don't mean anything bad by it they approach their analysis from the worst possible angle.

There's this great footballhead named Theo Ash who kills it on all NFL knowledge but the second he gets to the draft prospects he links two plays and crowns someone. It makes me sick as a veteran analyzer that is never wrong and also other people are wrong

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Black Lighter posted:

In other words, he did some stupid kid poo poo and it ended almost as tragically as it possibly could. It's not like he had a long history of vehicular manslaughter or any other red flags to speak of before that, but there were draftniks who talked about him like he was a lifelong criminal. Their loss our gain, etc, but the 'character concerns' were wildly out of proportion to what actually happened.

It's not ancient history, it happened pretty recently, and reckless driving appears to be an issue for Georgia football and not an isolated incident.

quote:

Jones, the team's player connection coordinator, is the 15th member of the program to face a reckless driving or speeding charge since the crash that killed offensive lineman Devin Willock and recruiting staffer Chandler LeCroy on Jan. 15, according to the Constitution.

If Carter has chosen to not put himself or anyone around him in that situation again, great. Some people don't learn, though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah let's not fall over ourselves to make excuses for the guy here. It's cool he's been given a second chance but we've got plenty of recent evidence around the NFL that "likes to drive extremely stupid" is a bit of a fuckin problem.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It would very fool hardy to attempt to drag race on Philadelphia streets so I think he’s ok for now

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm glad the Cowboys have to spend a holiday away from their families. Of course their family members are probably happy to not have to deal with them either, so it's hard to say if it's good or bad.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm glad the Cowboys have to spend a holiday away from their families. Of course their family members are probably happy to not have to deal with them either, so it's hard to say if it's good or bad.

Quit projecting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/1727444658173759814?t=

https://twitter.com/dsleon45/status/643220945319165952?t=

:hmmyes: