Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Docjowles posted:

I hope the Chargers someday get competent coaching because even with no attachment to the team it’s depressing to see so many cool and good players wasted year after year
I hope they hire a bad coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chargers with Billy 5 Aces in charge even with McDaneils as OC is instantly a superbowl contender.

That roster is way too good to be this poor in terms of record and outcome.

In terms of the Panthers finding a next head coach, I still think that while the Texans had issues finding a guy and "settling" on Culley into Lovie etc there's enough poo poo in that org at the time you can't really consider carolina the same.

Theres usually only what, an average of 6 openings every year? And every year there's a few guys who are on their fourth or fifth years of being interviewed and overlooked for whatever reason you wanted to assign.

Would Eric Bienemy turn down the panthers job for example? I don't think so.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 21, 2023

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ain't got Belichick and McDaniels money. Will settle for a Rex Ryan and Adam Gase.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Who'd ever want to play for this spineless sack of poo poo?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

OK but why not kc

They'll be after you, it's just that San Diego will have the more immediate head coaching vacancy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nodoze posted:

If the Chargers hired Bill your definitely getting McDaniels as your OC because Bill knows him already and he's basically free cause Vegas is paying him.

gently caress this makes way too much sense. Not having to pay an OC (cause Vegas is picking up the tab) or a DC (cause it’s Bill) sounds right up Spanos’ alley.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Yeah yeah, but who's picking the players?

You also don’t have to pay a GM! :pseudo:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I just picture Belichick and McDaniels rolling into LA and getting rid of most of the talent by year two.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Are we in the Bill is a Bad Coach Actually part of the cycle now

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I just picture Belichick and McDaniels rolling into LA and getting rid of most of the talent by year two.

Ship out Herbert so they can get Bailey Zappe. :getin:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

a neat cape posted:

he's definitely bad in his current role as king of all football operations, but I’m sure if he wanted to slum it as a DC to close out his career he'd have a top 5 unit every season

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Toney runs and looks like a crazy person

Wrong thread...

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Yeah yeah, but who's picking the players?

One of the old GMs he used to work with that isn't working right now.. Pioli, Dimitri, Zeigler. Zeigler also has the benefit of being free

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

indigi posted:

he's definitely bad in his current role as king of all football operations, but I’m sure if he wanted to slum it as a DC to close out his career he'd have a top 5 unit every season

Yeah pretty much exactly this. If he would delegate roster construction (at least on offense) and stop with all the god drat nepo hires things would probably look a lot better in New England.

He’s still an all time Xs and Os guy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

Who said he's a bad coach? I said I can see him running out good players and making awful 4d roster moves.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Congrats Steelers fans

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1726959236792619066

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Matt Canada has been caught, and compromised, to a permanent end.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
They sent out a burn notice.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Nervous posted:

They sent out a burn notice.

Michael Westen wouldn't be a very good OC but he'd defer to his all-world TE coach Sam Axe

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Chargers with Billy 5 Aces in charge even with McDaneils as OC is instantly a superbowl contender.

That roster is way too good to be this poor in terms of record and outcome.

Would they still be favorites after McDaniels decides whatever random backup he falls in love with is the next Brady once he works his magic and convinces GM Bill to run Herbert out of town as he's a bad QB only worth a 5th round pick?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

pseudodragon posted:

Would they still be favorites after McDaniels decides whatever random backup he falls in love with is the next Brady once he works his magic and convinces GM Bill to run Herbert out of town as he's a bad QB only worth a 5th round pick?

That's really not Bill's MO.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This thread reminded me of Matt Rhule and it shouldnt.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
As a chargers fan, I’d still currently take Football Dictator Billy B over Staley and Tolesco. gently caress it, maybe it wouldn’t be good long term, but I’ll take the short term gamble with this roster before herbie becomes, like, a saint

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Pontius Pilate posted:

As a chargers fan, I’d still currently take Football Dictator Billy B over Staley and Tolesco. gently caress it, maybe it wouldn’t be good long term, but I’ll take the short term gamble with this roster before herbie becomes, like, a saint

Seattle will give you Geno + DK for Herbie. Deal?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Nervous posted:

Seattle will give you Geno + DK for Herbie. Deal?

nah it’d have to be a ricky williams/herschel walker type haul for me to even consider that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Pontius Pilate posted:

nah it’d have to be a ricky williams/herschel walker type haul for me to even consider that

yeah. I might trade Herbert for something absurd, like, Tua and McDaniel, or Jalen Carter and Howie Roseman. picks aren't moving the needle for me. the Chargers need someone who can make all the football poo poo run like normal, they're good on players

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

indigi posted:

yeah. I might trade Herbert for something absurd, like, Tua and McDaniel, or Jalen Carter and Howie Roseman. picks aren't moving the needle for me. the Chargers need someone who can make all the football poo poo run like normal, they're good on players

You know what, we'll throw in a Super Bowl winning coach with a consistent track record of making the playoffs and his longtime GM too.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

Problem with billy b is he refuses to employ any good coaches besides himself. It's just a wasteland of sycophants, nepotism and failed also rans

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
if Bill promises to hire Jim Caldwell as OC wyd

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I loving love Burn Notice.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

indigi posted:

hold up, can you trade a GM?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

PupsOfWar posted:

Lions Trade:
Matt Millen
2003 First Round Pick
2004 First Round Pick

You send:
Ham Sandwhich

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

PupsOfWar posted:

If you can trade for coaches I don't see why not

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Hizawk posted:

Aside from the last 1-2 seasons which are kind of dire, it's nearly a perfect show.

indigi posted:

if Bill promises to hire Jim Caldwell as OC wyd

Honestly I'm not a Chargers fan but my dad is, I think if Bill is willing to keep Kellen Moore as OC you loving jump on it. Hope he pulls a Gruden and wins a ring before he ruins the team with terrible drafting.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Hizawk posted:

I loved it but my position was always that it was a fun spy romp and if they wanted the season premiere and finale every year to pretend they were a Big Boy Show with a real plot line, then okay, they could have their fun and I'd have mine with the other episodes, fair deal. So when they decided they'd done enough episodic fun times and the rest of the seasons were going to be all about the Big Important Plot, I checked out, because that was very much not why I'd been watching in the first place.

I miss that whole Blue Sky era of USA, really. Psych, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, good stuff. The blandest cable channel in the world managed to luck into an actual brand identity and then just let it piss all away again.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Q_res posted:

Aside from the last 1-2 seasons which are kind of dire, it's nearly a perfect show.

Honestly I'm not a Chargers fan but my dad is, I think if Bill is willing to keep Kellen Moore as OC you loving jump on it. Hope he pulls a Gruden and wins a ring before he ruins the team with terrible drafting.

if Moore is gonna stay I'd rather give him a shot as HC, but he's been part of three absolute loser coaching staffs in a row and idk if now is the time for the Chargers to give him that shot. he might struggle with those loser tendencies at his first gig

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1727712998347681906

This was tweeted before the Commanders lost 45-10 on national TV

Benne fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 24, 2023

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
riverboated out of town

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I don't believe he had a real chance at keeping his job

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hizawk posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I will watch anything with Bruce Campbell in it and it was particularly fun to see him do something besides camp horror and cameos