Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Doltos posted:

I actually really liked the Dark and the Wicked. The story is pretty stock but the movie was shot great. Definitely feels like the director put a ton of effort into every scene.

Just watched it and it was pretty good. Of course it’s directed by the guy who did the Strangers.

Also, Xander Berkeley needs to be in more horror movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TitusGroen
Sep 30, 2021

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Nope was a brilliant retelling of the Monkey's Paw. Did everyone pick up on when each character made their wish and what it was?

I"d love to hear this breakdown! Maybe I'll rewatch NOPE before checking in on the thread again...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The best jump scare is either Large Marge or the alien on the road in Xtro

I rewatched Nope last night and it's still pretty solid but it reaffirmed that it was two separate movie themes shoved into one. I think they should have dropped the whole hunting scene or make it more harrowing. Just sticks out like a sore thumb.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I don't know what's worse about Xtro: The guy who impregnates a woman with a fully grown clone of himself, or all the British accents.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/slashfilm/status/1727065751906083076?s=20

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

extremely weird for them to post an article like that without showing the actual thing she posted. honestly though aside from israel/palestine stuff I wouldn't be that surprised if the scream people were looking for an excuse to drop her, she's kind of a charisma vacuum

after being pretty meh on scream 6 and annoyed at the way they handled neve though, I'm feeling pretty done with the series

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Martman posted:

extremely weird for them to post an article like that without showing the actual thing she posted. honestly though aside from israel/palestine stuff I wouldn't be that surprised if the scream people were looking for an excuse to drop her, she's kind of a charisma vacuum

best i can tell its this

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

She and Ortega were the best parts of Six (and that movie is truly abysmal after the first 45 minutes). What a weird blow to that whole movie.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
6 was so bad. My enthusiasm for the next is nonexistent.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

thankfully 6 being bad makes 7 easy to boycott

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This sucks rear end and my hope for 7 has plummeted a lot now

Free Palestine

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

you can say whatever you want in Amerikkka as long as what you want to say echoes the US State Department

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

lol what a limp dicked studio

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

cowards

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Isn't Ortega also not returning? Nobody is watching this poo poo for Cuba Gooding Jr Jr.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

More like butt cream 7

Idk I ain’t watching

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
This NOPE hot take about the monkey paw is going to loving haunt me

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
It's really despicable and sad that you can be ostracized from Hollywood for not supporting genocide

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

That's some real bullshit.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/creetureshow/status/1727123992589586466?s=46

Scream 7 director

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I hope she at least knew what she was doing. Like, I definitely admire someone who will knowingly put their job at risk to speak out, but this thing is such a third-rail right now that I hope people recognize the repercussions of saying stuff on social media before they do it.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

I hope she at least knew what she was doing. Like, I definitely admire someone who will knowingly put their job at risk to speak out, but this thing is such a third-rail right now that I hope people recognize the repercussions of saying stuff on social media before they do it.

I hope the opposite and that more people speak out such that it becomes unrealistic to fire everyone. I am Spartacus up in this house. Rather than having a chilling effect.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/filmupdates/status/1727134338519539759?s=46

TitusGroen
Sep 30, 2021

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Baron von Eevl posted:

This NOPE hot take about the monkey paw is going to loving haunt me

The suspense is killing me. What wishes??

drat, it's already gone. Didn't even last 30 minutes from when it was posted on here.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

If the cast walks that would be incredibly based

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Lol fuccccckkkkk offfffff

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TitusGroen posted:

drat, it's already gone. Didn't even last 30 minutes from when it was posted on here.

The director's statement/tweet was a broken-heart emoji, and "everything sucks, this wasn't my decision, please stop yelling"

Which is cowardly. gently caress the film, do the right thing and walk. Or at least loving say her name in your tweet, don't add to the disappearing/blacklisting act they're clearly going for. There's no part of Barrera's post that was false

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, between this and how they apparently tried to lowball the poo poo out of Neve Campbell for 6, I hope the cast just up and leaves.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

"false references to genocide, ethnic cleansing..."

Jesus Christ, the slander would have been the issue were it not for the genocide denial.

(Rip Norm)

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

The director's statement/tweet was a broken-heart emoji, and "everything sucks, this wasn't my decision, please stop yelling"

Which is cowardly. gently caress the film, do the right thing and walk. Or at least loving say her name in your tweet, don't add to the disappearing/blacklisting act they're clearly going for. There's no part of Barrera's post that was false

Yeah what a gutless statement. No “everything” doesn’t suck- this one very specific thing sucks. And nobody should stop yelling!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basebf555 posted:

Heck no

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

Bad take

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yeah, between this and how they apparently tried to lowball the poo poo out of Neve Campbell for 6, I hope the cast just up and leaves.

lmao if her payday from friggin Twisted Metal was more than what she was offered for Scream 6. Incredible.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe maybe not but I feel like if you’re the main protagonist of a franchise you should get paid well

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i really loved both scream 5 and 6 and this loving sucks and i hope she and ortega just reboot scary movie together now

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe maybe not but I feel like if you’re the main protagonist of a franchise you should get paid well

Absolutely. To lowball her at this point is ridiculous.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm just not sure it's generally understood yet how fast and hard they are going to come down on people who are pro-Palestine. They're looking to make examples of people.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress em. It’s insane that people are pro Israel when they’re doing heinous rear end poo poo

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

That's some bullshit about Scream 7. I like New Sidney. I was looking forward to seeing her stab another Ghostface 50 times.

Tomie Beginning
More like Tomie Boreginning.
This one's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Even a majority of Republican voters support an immediate ceasefire by now, poo poo like this is about setting an example to the public.

If the director and rest of the cast don’t walk they’re all loving cowards.