Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

harrygomm posted:

what specifically about Hogwarts continues to elicit this? And why not with the other Harry potter games?

What other Harry Potter games have been released since JK Rowling made herself the face of the anti-trans movement and stated she's putting her money behind it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I said come in! posted:

Imagine making billions of dollars and that is what you decide to do with your time and wealth. I would rather by like George Lucas instead, who spends all of his time at mall food courts, and building affordable housing but for extremely petty reasons; to drive down the property value of his local wealthy neighbors that he doesn't like lol.

King poo poo

Don’t forget just randomly appearing in the background of weird documentaries

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OC9RI8_QYmw&pp=ygUeZ2VvcmdlIGx1Y2FzIGluIHRoZSBiYWNrZ3JvdW5k

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

harrygomm posted:

any time someone says "Diablo" there aren't a half dozen posts saying to donate to the idk union workers coalition or whatever half a dozen organizations that handle the terrible aspects of their business

Maybe a bad example around here lol.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I said come in! posted:

Imagine making billions of dollars and that is what you decide to do with your time and wealth. I would rather by like George Lucas instead, who spends all of his time at mall food courts, and building affordable housing but for extremely petty reasons; to drive down the property value of his local wealthy neighbors that he doesn't like lol.

George Lucas is an all timer. Other fave Lucas things:

"darth icky" - the character Lucas proposed when developers of the Force Unleashed asked if he wanted to contribute the name of a Sith lord to the game

"they died" - George Lucas when asked what happened to the Star Wars characters after the events of Return of the Jedi

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

harrygomm posted:

why does it get so much of the attention? very explicitly not using this as a defense of it, but the creative heads behind like any company if a certain size, and for sure the executives, all have skeletons as bad or worse than transphobia in their closet. people hate ABK and Kotick, but any time someone says "Diablo" there aren't a half dozen posts saying to donate to the idk union workers coalition or whatever half a dozen organizations that handle the terrible aspects of their business. what specifically about Hogwarts continues to elicit this? And why not with the other Harry potter games?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i generally don't advocate avoiding media just because the person or people behind them suck poo poo because let's face it, you'd be extremely limited in what things you could ever enjoy by abiding by that. but when the creator gleefully brags about using the income from that product to push for transphobic laws and talks about how the continued success of it proves that actually they are right that transpeople are terrible and must be erased and everyone just silently agrees with them about it, that's pretty over the line

don't give jk rowling your money

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

like, jk rowling has offered to pay for any legal costs incurred by another transphobic piece of poo poo who has outright stated that bullying transpeople into suicide is a good thing that society should do more of and allows actual nazis free reign to speak at her events

rowling is awful on an entirely different level than the kotics and guillemots of the world

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 22, 2023

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i generally don't advocate avoiding media just because the person or people behind them suck poo poo because let's face it, you'd be extremely limited in what things you could ever enjoy by abiding by that. but when the creator gleefully brags about using the income from that product to push for transphobic laws and talks about how the continued success of it proves that actually they are right that transpeople are terrible and must be erased and everyone just silently agrees with them about it, that's pretty over the line

i posted too early this seems like a notable difference

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
yeah rowling isn't just malignant in the standard capitalist way, she's rebranded/redefined herself as the vanguard for anti-trans movements and legislation everywhere. part of all profits from the harry potter IP get used to fund her efforts

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, when people speak out about Rowling it isn't just a convenient target, it is that she is extremely all-in on this stuff. It is why people responded so incredibly negatively during the whole release. There isn't really another high profile property like it, like even if Shigeru Miyamoto came out tomorrow and said we should execute the undesirables even he isn't as much of a 'synonymous with' as Rowling.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

acksplode posted:

What other Harry Potter games have been released since JK Rowling made herself the face of the anti-trans movement and stated she's putting her money behind it?

i thought there were some lego games but i guess those were either te-release or remaster, idk i don't have any interest in the IP or games, just noted that it tends to be the subject of interest for longer than other games by bad people and the reasons mentioned earlier make it clearer why

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe just don't play the transphobe blood libel game.

It is genuinely weird how hard that is for people.

Like I said earlier don't give money to the Terf Queen

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

This

I said come in! posted:

You're doing yourself a favor, ending at Mass Effect 2 is better for the story.

I've never even touched the single player for either it or Andromeda, only ever bought either game because of the multiplayer being really fun

Oxxidation posted:

yeah rowling isn't just malignant in the standard capitalist way, she's rebranded/redefined herself as the vanguard for anti-trans movements and legislation everywhere. part of all profits from the harry potter IP get used to fund her efforts

There's a reason I call her the Terf Queen

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
They cut out all the gratuitous butt shots in mass effect 2 remake I heard so they are now DEAD TO ME

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

harrygomm posted:

why does it get so much of the attention? very explicitly not using this as a defense of it, but the creative heads behind like any company if a certain size, and for sure the executives, all have skeletons as bad or worse than transphobia in their closet. people hate ABK and Kotick, but any time someone says "Diablo" there aren't a half dozen posts saying to donate to the idk union workers coalition or whatever half a dozen organizations that handle the terrible aspects of their business. what specifically about Hogwarts continues to elicit this? And why not with the other Harry potter games?

because it causes insanely bad posting that nobody wants to read op

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I bought it when it came out because I don't really follow the news anymore and didn't realize how bad Rowling has gotten. It's a really lovely game on top of all the other stuff. I won't give her money anymore.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
I bought A Castle Full of Cats today on sale and when I played it I found some cats in a castle. Xbox stays winning.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Professor Beetus posted:

George Lucas is an all timer. Other fave Lucas things:
"they died" - George Lucas when asked what happened to the Star Wars characters after the events of Return of the Jedi

lmao

Random question: Anyone know of an update on Hades 2? Haven’t seen any news in quite a while.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

lmao

Random question: Anyone know of an update on Hades 2? Haven’t seen any news in quite a while.

Hades 2 nuts goin in your mouth, op

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

lmao

Early Access is planned for Q2 2024 iirc, so probably nothing until June. And I think EA will be Steam only, so nothing on Xbox for quite a while.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hades 2 nuts goin in your mouth, op

:maga:

webmeister posted:

Early Access is planned for Q2 2024 iirc, so probably nothing until June. And I think EA will be Steam only, so nothing on Xbox for quite a while.

drat. That’s a bummer. I guess makes sense for early access type stuff, though.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm hype as poo poo for Hades 2. Think I'll go rewatch the trailer.

Edit: lmao

External Organs fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 22, 2023

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1727169450158526686

univbee fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 22, 2023

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Anyone know anything about Rollerdrome? looked up some trailers and it seems kind of cool. Never been big on skating games but I'm excited to give it a try.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's extremely sick.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It looks very cool from the small amount I've seen of it. Perfect gamepass addition, it keeps gamepass winning.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I finished the game and found out the TRUTH about Lies of P : it's a bad game :smug:

Nah not really, it's pretty great but the last 3rd of the game is a SLOG. They could've easily cut a few levels to keep the momentum. Am I complaining about too much content in a game? Maybe! It just kinda stopped being fun.

They even did the thing where "oh you're gonna replay this level, but now it's got worse monsters! mwahahahaw!". Did they need to? I mean it was kinda neat, but I felt the game was losing me around that point. Perhaps I didn't get gud fast enough? I did some shameful grinding for a while to get past a couple bosses. It seemed like the story was wrapping up, but no, the levels kept on coming, and maybe I played too much but they started feeling less interesting and there's only so many times I can be surprised by a monster hiding around a corner.

Also I did not enjoy how the story took a big Resident Evilian/Blizzard corruption twist. I don't know what I expected, but the first few levels were really intriguing, and then it drops a mutated wrestler boss, and I'm rolling my eyes somewhat, and it just seems to get worse from then on. It's a fine story for a videogame I suppose, but the initial worldbuilding seemed to promise something cooler or more complex.

I also never found out who the gently caress Monad was, and why I have her lamp, or if it matters, I guess I missed that.

Now, to be clear: It's absolutely a game worth trying. I did finish it for a reason. It was really, really great (at first). So I suppose it hooked me enough to make me want to see the end. And I will absolutely look forward to the sequel.

So if you have GameAss and even a passing interest in Soulslikes, absolutely install it and give it a go. I loved it at first, how it took Edgy Pinocchio so seriously, at least for a while.

Anyway 4/5 Comfys and a pack of Energizer batteries for good ol' Peenocchio

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

priznat posted:

They cut out all the gratuitous butt shots in mass effect 2 remake I heard so they are now DEAD TO ME

There's mods for that on pc.

Xbox keeps losing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I said come in! posted:

george is king on life.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

lmao

The most recent update was in September, when they confirmed Early Access will launch on PC (Steam and Epic) in Q2 2024.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Is there even a Wonka game or is Kojima just being a weird goofball?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

otter posted:

Is there even a Wonka game or is Kojima just being a weird goofball?
It's a Xbox promo piece for an upcoming movie, because they do that sometimes.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

That movie looks awful. I just saw the trailer last week and I was like, yeah no not at all.

Dear Hollywood, if the plot of your new project is taking an old idea and explaining why some mysterious character is odd, good, bad, etc just flush the project. Interesting characters don’t need explanation and the best of them defy it.

That being said, if they had a single golden ticket Xbox that would get you gamepass for life it might move a few boxes.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Win a visit to the Xbox factory with tour guide Phil.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

own him in stalker irl

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Is anyone else having some trouble with the Bing Rewards daily searches on mobile? I use to be able to tap through 15 marvel movies in half a minute and get 60 rewards points. But 2-3 days ago these hardly register anymore, unless I pause for ~10 seconds between "searches".

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

That's what you get for trying to game the game.

I don't do the Bing mobile searches anymore as they never really registered very well for me, and it's just annoying busy work anyway. Also I have wealth beyond measure.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

priznat posted:

Definitely not all of them.

Also the Legendary Edition is a really good release, not least because it finally includes all the story DLC at a reasonable package price (or free with EA Play/GP Ultimate). Bioware's DLC policy used to be insanely bad (and especially clunky on PC), which was like the biggest problem about the whole trilogy.

Zat fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 22, 2023

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Kins posted:

It's a Xbox promo piece for an upcoming movie, because they do that sometimes.

I'm guessing Kojima used his connections to get one before he drives the world to madness with whatever his Xbox project is.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Timothy Chalamet was at Kojima Productions recently so I assume that is why he has a Wonka-themed Xbox now

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Timothy Chalamet was at Kojima Productions recently so I assume that is why he has a Wonka-themed Xbox now

Should have given him a DUNC-themed Xbox instead.

Just fill it with sand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Holidays are almost here, surprise a loved one.

https://x.com/BethesdaGear/status/1727082006410838188?s=20