Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Glumwheels posted:

Wasn’t Twitter supposed to have new tools for advertised to prevent this?

Ars Technica posted:

Advertisers: X sensitivity settings aren’t working

As soon as Yaccarino joined X, she vowed to introduce more robust tools so that advertisers have more control over ad placements. Those AI-based tools, called "sensitivity settings," were recently rolled out, allegedly allowing advertisers to block their ads from appearing next to a wider range of content than ever.

But sources told Forbes that those sensitivity settings "have not worked as promised" and "did not appear to stop ads placed by Apple, Bravo, Oracle, Xfinity, and IBM" from appearing "next to posts touting Hitler and the Nazi Party." Now advertisers are mad not just over brand damage evidenced in Media Matters' reports, one source told Forbes, but also about X's "failure to again deliver on another of its promises of protection." According to XDaily, one issue with the sensitivity settings could be that the automated tools "aren’t able to determine if the content in images is antisemitic."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

ellie the beep posted:

the other way around, i thought? that the accounts were older than 30 days and so past the new user safety barriers

You are correct. I missed that detail it was 30 days old so didn’t have the new user filter but didn’t yet have the white supremacist tag despite viewing lots of white supremacist content so instead of getting tailored ads, it got brand ads. or they did have the tag and were getting tailored ads but just refreshed until it failed to give them a tailored one and gave them a brand one.

Musk’s facts are too dumb to be faked but I just don’t think they make a difference. they are leaning really hard into the fraud part of tortious interference even though this is very much not fraud.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

have they thought about just banning the Nazi poo poo

That seems like it would solve a lot of problems

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
turns out advertisers don't like freedom of speech

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

shyduck posted:

have they thought about just banning the Nazi poo poo

That seems like it would solve a lot of problems

have you considered that Elon thinks the Nazi poo poo is extremely cool

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Musk didn't pay 44 billion for a social media site just for it not to be filled with nazi poo poo.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
drat he looks like a Dark Souls creature there.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

snoremac posted:

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

snoremac posted:

Turn on your monitor

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

even with a bsky account this is a pain to read. who at bsky thought it was a good idea to continually force the user to click "more" every 10 skeets to read a long thread? it's like those articles that force you to click "show more" halfway down the page, except you have to click 15 times to read the article.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Euphoriaphone posted:

even with a bsky account this is a pain to read. who at bsky thought it was a good idea to continually force the user to click "more" every 10 skeets to read a long thread? it's like those articles that force you to click "show more" halfway down the page, except you have to click 15 times to read the article.

They aren't seriously called skeets, are they?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Woops, pointing that out is fraud!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Glumwheels posted:

Woops, pointing that out is fraud!

Wait there's fraud these days that doesn't somehow involve bitcoin or gift cards???

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

mycomancy posted:

They aren't seriously called skeets, are they?

yes. this is the ceo of bluesky pleading with the users to not let the name "skeets" stick, but it still became the common term.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Euphoriaphone posted:

yes. this is the ceo of bluesky pleading with the users to not let the name "skeets" stick, but it still became the common term.

Aaaahahahahaha

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

:rip: #SLIVING

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
think it's a great name. I'm on team skeet with this one

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
that’s cold

Almighty Ken
Nov 5, 2006

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
bsky-social-rb7ci-t5667
bsky-social-hyzp7-aec3d

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

shyduck posted:

:rip: #SLIVING

Imagine the amount of upfront money they likely paid to get her to do the initial promo and now this. Owns.

Also:

bsky-social-hiirk-7w5fu
bsky-social-r3kop-2p2vd

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lmao I want to see the receipts from this one

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Hospitals in Israel! And the Red Cross in Gaza! And also Veterans! And a pediatric hospital in Italy! NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO BE MAD AT ME

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

bsky-social-w2rvi-lyjwu

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Whenever I see a blue sky link I read it like "blueskie" rhymes with brewski.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

External Organs posted:

Whenever I see a blue sky link I read it like "blueskie" rhymes with brewski.

:same:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

codenameFANGIO posted:

have you considered that Elon thinks the Nazi poo poo is extremely cool

please lord keep musk away from watching a cartman focused episode of south park

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/XGavinMcInnes/status/1726386174451700158?t=KmxdPYo4Wzf3BTwdYgsKwg&s=19

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Why did you post this ? What’s the signficance?

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

think it's a great name. I'm on team skeet with this one

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Lmfao the chuds can’t even pony up .1% of what the other advertisers that cancelled brought in.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Andrew Tate is absolutely not buying 1 million a month in advertising, what on earth lmao

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Andrew Tate is absolutely not buying 1 million a month in advertising, what on earth lmao

you can just say whatever you want, no one cares

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
whats the smallest amount of money you need to spend to get an ad on twitter

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Spaced God posted:

They still will. Nothing has changed

Yeah up and until the platform just becomes unusable for regular people it will continue to attract ad dollars. Doesn't mean the platform will ever become profitable but advertisement is entirely amoral once public perception shifts away for even a second.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/slothropsmap/status/1727036511626076534?s=20

9 more days

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So stress concentrations typically take place in sharp corners or bends of materials such as glass or steel, and that's why for instance airplane windows are so rounded, to distribute the forces more evenly. Well anyway, I'm sure the truck built with all sharp edges will be fine

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

it is not pressurized like a plane so i'm sure it'll be fine and for safety just slap some of these on the edges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
e: wrong thread!

PDP-1 has issued a correction as of 07:03 on Nov 22, 2023