Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Simplex posted:

The Bills and Vikings were moving the ball at will, the ball is just bouncing Denver's way turnover wise at the moment.

I think you mean to say the Broncos are playing with a lot of grit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think you mean to say the Broncos are playing with a lot of grit.

Imagine Sean Payton doing this.

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1726401464774394362

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kalli posted:

A Flex!

... oh god who cares, why are you moving the possibly good game to 1?

12/3

Broncos @ Texans moved to 1pm EST

Panthers @ Buccaneers moved to 4pm

The Houston Texans no longer have a game scheduled this season not at noon.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Simplex posted:

The Bills and Vikings were moving the ball at will, the ball is just bouncing Denver's way turnover wise at the moment.

Yeah, a lot of advanced stats have the Broncos defense around the middle or middle-bottom of the pack. But Denver has had an unsustainable amount of turnover variance go in their favor.

Shows the power of turnovers.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

speaking of exactly this topic, dubious chart incoming

Denver has indeed had the fumble luck so far. Green Bay is just having all kinds of luck.

Chargers have actually benefitted from opponents' drops more than almost anyone else.

https://twitter.com/DataWithBliss/status/1726982106759463224#m

(higher/bluer = more lucky for that team)

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 22, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Seattle fraud status confirmed

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Huh. Minnesota literally did use up all their luck last year.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lmao at Chargers being the second luckiest team and still 4-6

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

it’s, uh, been a season

(why am I fan of this team)

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Other times, lmao you poor bastards.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Huh. Minnesota literally did use up all their luck last year.

https://x.com/datawithbliss/status/1727005247036702988?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Also I refuse to believe min was only 9% more lucky than detroit

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

AndrewP posted:

speaking of exactly this topic, dubious chart incoming

Denver has indeed had the fumble luck so far. Green Bay is just having all kinds of luck.

Chargers have actually benefitted from opponents' drops more than almost anyone else.

https://twitter.com/DataWithBliss/status/1726982106759463224#m

(higher/bluer = more lucky for that team)

Good lord how bad is GB that they’re putting up a miserable season while still being insanely lucky?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Joey Bosa to IR

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Good lord how bad is GB that they’re putting up a miserable season while still being insanely lucky?

They've lost four games by a combined 11 points. It's been rough

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To he honest I don’t put much faith in a chart trying to quantify luck

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

the Ravens are getting hosed by opposing kickers this season, they have missed a single one all season and it was just last week

is it karma for having Justin Tucker

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
And Tucker has had several blocked field goals!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

To he honest I don’t put much faith in a chart trying to quantify luck

it's really just quantifying how teams have benefited from other teams screwing up more or less than average. I think you can quibble with the actual win probability added model but it's a good look at how teams have been more or less lucky on specific types of plays.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

the Ravens are getting hosed by opposing kickers this season, they have missed a single one all season and it was just last week

is it karma for having Justin Tucker

part of what made that colts game so annoying was that they made like five 50 yarders

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

It's been a slow news week, so how about we sit back and have a hearty laugh as Jim Irsay complains that he only got that DUI in 2014 because he's white and rich:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38957988/jim-irsay-cites-status-white-billionaire-2014-arrest

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

yeah couldn't be because you're an irresponsible rich guy who comes from a family with a history of alcoholism

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens Legend Scott Mitchell

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao blaming hip surgery for not reciting the alphabet is awesome

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

OneMoreTime posted:

It's been a slow news week, so how about we sit back and have a hearty laugh as Jim Irsay complains that he only got that DUI in 2014 because he's white and rich:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38957988/jim-irsay-cites-status-white-billionaire-2014-arrest

He pled guilty! What the gently caress

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yeah, a lot of advanced stats have the Broncos defense around the middle or middle-bottom of the pack. But Denver has had an unsustainable amount of turnover variance go in their favor.

Shows the power of turnovers.

With my amateur eyes, they look like pretty much the same team as last year sans Hackett buffoonery. They've lost games but nothing has come close to resembling the hell of the Colts TNF game. Their ceiling is low but by god, they are kinda watchable and I am grateful.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Cops love to sit on the side of the road and pull over rich people cars because what, the fines are bigger?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Gorson posted:

Cops love to sit on the side of the road and pull over rich people cars because what, the fines are bigger?

cops pulling out the kelly blue book when writing a ticket

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Better chance of bigger bribes?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Better chance of bigger bribes?

I'd say much bigger chance of it being some local business owner who is going to have friends on the force and make your life a living hell and bury you under paperwork, or worse.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Gorson posted:

He pled guilty! What the gently caress

He knew how biased the system is! Why waste time when you know you will never get justice!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

shyduck posted:

Unforgiving on your joints but it also got absurdly hot. Field temps at Texas Stadium would get over 130 F.

Good god, I remember when our high school got invited to play the first game of the season at the Trop. Imagine playing football on the cheapest early 2000s baseball turf possible. The rug burns must have been insane.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Lifespan posted:

He knew how biased the system is! Why waste time when you know you will never get justice!

I'm glad Jim Irsay is highlighting a system that is biased in favor of...poor brown people?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1727363358641299474?t=mn1CqRnCueHw_5mvZQGkpQ&s=19

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He's right

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yeah and shockingly you're loving terrible no matter how you look at the numbers!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Irsay just telling it like it is, WITHOUT REGARD FOR YOUR FEELING$

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Irsay is officially the wettest, pettiest clown ever. I bet he's still mad at a girl from the 3rd grade for calling him a "total uggo" or something.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Amy Pole Her posted:

Speaking of, Rodgers and Brady whining about how soft the league has become due to an increase in penalties designed to reduce injuries specifically created because of injuries to Rodgers and Brady is something I never expected but am in no way surprised about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Speaking of, Rodgers and Brady whining about how soft the league has become due to an increase in penalties designed to reduce injuries specifically created because of injuries to Rodgers and Brady is something I never expected but am in no way surprised about.

The only thing I miss from Brady's playing days are his temper tantrums over not getting a RTP flag whenever a defender got within 10 feet of him.