Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

there seem to be two types of color guys: the ones that sound like they have 6 layers of CTE and have zero emotion like Aikman and Trent Green, then there’s the smug guys like Collinsworth and Romo who escaped brain damage but really think their poo poo doesnt stink

basically no one is even remotely close to Madden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

I mean, Chris Collinsworth basically said Dobbs was Mahomes ...

He even said “he’s obviously not Patrick Maholmes” like 5 times during that broadcast lol hate on the guy but at least do it accurately

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

He even said “he’s obviously not Patrick Maholmes” like 5 times during that broadcast lol hate on the guy but at least do it accurately

It was more like "he's obviously not Patrick Mahomes, but," where the but invalidates everything before it.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Nah. making GBS threads on Collinsworth, even with made up facts, is allowed in the AFC West thread.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Broncos, I must warn you that it will be quite a while before I'm done being upset about Kareem Jackson. I hope you understand.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I can comfortably say that I absolutely can't remember a single worst WR core than this one.

That includes 2014 when there wasn't a single WR TD and 2009.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'd like to have Jon Baldwin back at this point

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021
The rain didn't help but I agree. This team is eerily similar to those 2013-2017 teams who had a great defense but an entirely lackluster offense. Everybody will blame MVS but what about the 4 or so punts before that? KC did absolutely nothing in the second half! Even a couple fg's would have changed the tone of the game and given KC some breathing room. Where did the run game go? Pacheco was tearing it up and even CEH had a good run. McKinnon had one play from what I can recall as opposed to his 9 td's last season. The biggest shame is the waste of an absolutely fantastic defensive performance. There is something fundamentally wrong with the offense of KC.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Redeye Flight posted:

Broncos, I must warn you that it will be quite a while before I'm done being upset about Kareem Jackson. I hope you understand.

That's completely fair. That sucks and puts a black eye on the game for me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kelce and Mahomes are skating a bit on that fumble and what was just a really bad interception that I don't think can be blamed on anyone other than Patrick in the red zone because of the MVS drop.

This was an entire team effort on offense to lose the game.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I thought the point of an incompletion being recorded as a drop was because you can, in fact, blame the receiver for it.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

A top ten receiver would have caught those balls.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Week 10:

Rashee Rice - should be playing every snap, not sure why not
Justin Watson - horrible game but still somehow the Chiefs most reliable receiver through the season. Led KC in targets and snaps last night, so basically WR1. He would be a WR4 on most other teams besides maybe the Pats.
Kadarius Toney - Had a horrendous week 1 game but recently has kinda become reliable? Him and Rice are the only two WRs I don't currently hate.
Mecole Hardman - just a pointless guy, throw him a few jet sweeps a game I guess
Skyy Moore - Playing as hard as he can, poor lil guy.
MVS - 6 yr vet who runs the wrong routes, cant catch, has like 14 catches all season on an $11m contract. Started the season off atop my rankings for some reason, I guess he was the only WR doing anything week 1.

Whew, what a poo poo group. I think Noah Gray and Jerick Mckinnon are better receivers than most of these guys. Hope we draft a few receivers AND get a great vet like Mike Evans. Veach knows how to fix a position group, look at our linebackers.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Chiefs will still win the Super Bowl but I welcome these midseason lols

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

Redeye Flight posted:

It's like the guy wants to get suspended. It's obvious that even a borderline h2h will get massively punished and he just goes out and does it the first chance he gets. Whatever amount of malice he has, it's mixed with a lot of terrible judgment. I wish they'd just bench him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Simplex posted:

It was more like "he's obviously not Patrick Mahomes, but," where the but invalidates everything before it.

It really wasn’t lol. But this happens every single week so 🤷‍♂️

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Collinsworth should stop hyping up the players he’s commentating on during the national broadcast. he should say they suck, blow, are dogshit, etc.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MVS get the gently caress off my team

and how long before we can blame the NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR HISTORICAL SUCKBALL MATT NAGY gently caress it I'm already doing it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm really annoyed the Chiefs are wasting a year of Mahomes's career with this poo poo rear end WR corp.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

epic bacon posted:

Collinsworth should stop hyping up the players he’s commentating on during the national broadcast. he should say they suck, blow, are dogshit, etc.
Well yeah.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Collinsworth picks a favorite going into the game and won't stop talking them up until all you can hear are the sucking noises. He also looks like a used car salesman and, while pretty much all commentators are bad at explaining football, Collinsworth might be the worst out of the current crop.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

solarjetman posted:

It's like the guy wants to get suspended. It's obvious that even a borderline h2h will get massively punished and he just goes out and does it the first chance he gets. Whatever amount of malice he has, it's mixed with a lot of terrible judgment. I wish they'd just bench him.

He just heard Josh Dobbs liked rockets so he wanted to rocket into him.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

solarjetman posted:

I think he's that textbook case of a guy who was borderline dirty throughout his career that once he loses a step is just plain dirty.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Simplex posted:

I think he's that textbook case of a guy who was borderline dirty throughout his career that once he loses a step is just plain dirty.

Ah, a Clay Matthews.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://x.com/HaydenWinks/status/1727050260990787962?s=20

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Let's blame Nagy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

dingo with a joint posted:

Let's blame Nagy.

The only change from last year is that and the loss of Juju.

I don't like Nagy and never have so I'm biased though. But if the wide receivers are out here running into walls that's on him. You can say well Reid calls the plays but he's supposed to be coordinating that poo poo.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm inclined to agree with blame nagy. It's not just the drops, there's just something Off about them this year. And the short yardage trick plays I've seen them run have all been dogshit.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Juju was a pretty big piece last year. Easy to forget because he hurt his knee badly and wasn’t available for the playoffs and still this season he is struggling in NE but the first half of the season he was WR1 easily. 78 receptions for almost 1000 yards. Kelce also was elite last year and this year he is banged up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

Juju was a pretty big piece last year. Easy to forget because he hurt his knee badly and wasn’t available for the playoffs and still this season he is struggling in NE but the first half of the season he was WR1 easily. 78 receptions for almost 1000 yards. Kelce also was elite last year and this year he is banged up.

Swinging and missing on MVS being a pseudo sort of usable #1 seems like the biggest difference from last year (along with Kelce just being good to very good and not goddamned great, yeah).

Almost feel like I just want them to go big more often, get those three tight end sets working. Noah Gray is...somehow sort of useful now. Blake Bell is not, but he can chip the edge--the good part--and try to leak out in the passing game well enough. And we might as well use Pacheco's crackhead self up while we can with the run.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Russ will cook again

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Noah Gray and Jerick McKinnon are better receivers than most of the WR room

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Hin site being 20/20, blah blah blah. Chiefs should have probably gone more all in. Jones is probably gone after this year and the positive value of Kelce’s contract probably peaked. I think they might have done it if they didn’t win a superbowl with rookie corners.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

MVS - Started the season off atop my rankings for some reason, I guess he was the only WR doing anything week 1.

goodwill from the afc championship game, probably

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Calidus posted:

Hin site being 20/20, blah blah blah. Chiefs should have probably gone more all in. Jones is probably gone after this year and the positive value of Kelce’s contract probably peaked. I think they might have done it if they didn’t win a superbowl with rookie corners.

I agree and I don’t think it’s necessarily all hindsight 20/20.

But they will win the Super Bowl this year anyway because I hate Tom Brady and we need Mahomes to win many rings so people no longer think Brady is goat.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Two guys analytics and bizarre charts always valued high are MVS and Ritchie. Both guys are on the Chiefs with Mahomes throwing to them and they're rear end.

Shove your deep analytics deep

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
The Chiefs receivers are even more frustrating when you look at how much receiver talent there is in the NFL right now and how much of it is on Rookie contracts.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
I would have naively figured that WRs would be lining up to be Pat's WR1. Is it that the Chiefs offer bad contracts? Is it that receivers think everyone will go "oh he's just getting good numbers cuz Pat's throwing to him"? Why aren't the good receivers knocking down the door to BV's office?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Elite receivers want elite receiver money above all else. There's really no reason why the Chiefs shouldn't be able to grab a really good slot guy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

dingo with a joint posted:

I would have naively figured that WRs would be lining up to be Pat's WR1. Is it that the Chiefs offer bad contracts? Is it that receivers think everyone will go "oh he's just getting good numbers cuz Pat's throwing to him"? Why aren't the good receivers knocking down the door to BV's office?

Not sure there have been a lot of great free agent WR1s since they traded Tyreek away.