Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

shedu's worse than bubonico in every way

That saves me the grind then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

I got a Bubonico and I really like it but before I spend 8 Forma on it, does Shedu happen to be the same gun but better?
I don't have Shedu yet but if it happens to be the same poo poo as Bubonico but better then I'll grind for it instead.

Bubonico does slash and viral, the strongest combo in the game. It also has a hidden stat that gives +9 seconds to the alt-fire status duration, which means if you add cold to the weapon, the primary will cause Slash/Viral, and the alt will add a Cold/Viral that lasts an eternity. Oh, it will reach 75% crit chance with the 200% mod, with puncture procs bringing it to exactly 100% crit chance.

The only thing I don't like about Bubonico is that it's hard to spam the alt-fire because the explosions are blinding. Even with true black energy color you can't see past the goop explosions.

If you like the "apply status with alt then blow them away with primary fire" gameplay of Bubonico, also check out Cedo. It doesn't have infinite ammo, but the alt-fire uses no ammo and fires instantly. I use it just to gently caress up the whole room with max cold/viral procs while I melee since there's no opportunity cost to spamming the glaives.

Shedu uses two crap damage types with no IPS, each hit has half the base damage of Bubonico, and the magazine is only 1/4 the size so you have no burst potential.

The only gimmick the Shedu has going for it is that the reload does a 20-meter forced Impact pulse that staggers enemies without overguard. But if you want to do that so badly, you can equip it to a Specter, and then the Specter won't have to run out of ammo and go searching for more.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

The only thing I don't like about Bubonico is that it's hard to spam the alt-fire because the explosions are blinding. Even with true black energy color you can't see past the goop explosions.

...but blinding everyone and seeing if you can get a pubbie to quit because of your neon pink glory is, you know, the entire point of the game

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

WebDO posted:

...but blinding everyone and seeing if you can get a pubbie to quit because of your neon pink glory is, you know, the entire point of the game

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

WebDO posted:

I want blinding for thee, but not for me

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

I can't imagine playing my Rhino or Hildryn without that one wings ephemera that takes up 70% of the over-the-shoulder view on the largest frames

:colbert:

Which reminds me, when I get Grendel Prime he also gets the wings

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
With the alt-fire on the Bubonico, I don't care where the enemy is, as long as it's in the fart cloud.

Also if you want the true bubonico experience add that mod that does +damage and -acc to just carpet bomb.

If you want to be staggered 95% of a mission add that mod to the Kuva ogris, it is hard coded to shoot at the closest object to you, even if that is the ground

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zero VGS posted:

loving coward

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQGK5r6mRW4

fair warning, cringy memery that goes from too memey to downright annoying shortly after the 1.5 minute mark.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I decided to try sevagoth again because he's getting a cool skin after pretty much ignoring him once I got the mastery and helminth, and maybe I'm missing the secrets of sevagoth, but he seems like slowly jumping through a bunch of hoops for not a whole lot of effect, plus having triple the forma requirements of every other frame. By the time I do all of his setup for his combo skills the enemies are already dead from teammates or I could've just shot them myself, even in steel path. Sow also seems like you can't recast it if there is one target who was hit by it still alive, and reap is weird to control. On top of that maybe I'm just being fooled by animations, but his ghost form also seems to move slower than normal.

What are the tricks of the trade with sevagoth, or is he really just a frame more invested in a cool idea than actual effectiveness?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't get over how much the Lich system makes no sense.

Why does he have a Khora P helmet on his shoulder when I created him by killing him, and he never actually posed any danger to me at all? Where did he get it from?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

chumbler posted:

or is he really just a frame more invested in a cool idea than actual effectiveness?

It's pretty much this. Get him to 30, turn him into a flower, and forget about him until he gets primed or there's a rework.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Why does he have a Khora P helmet on his shoulder when I created him by killing him, and he never actually posed any danger to me at all? Where did he get it from?

because it rules

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

because it rules

He didn't deserve it :colbert:
Take it off my head first, bitch.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
He's killing every Khora he meets on his way to you.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 21, 2023

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
he bought the BP on warframe.market like everyone else

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

He didn't deserve it :colbert:
Take it off my head first, bitch.

all bark and, well, a little bite, weapon and skills depending.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

It doesn't make sense because it's an ugly kitbash of the shadow of mordor nemesis system but modified to get out of the way of the patent (Although I think game mechanics can't get copyrighted, it is wise to stay out of the eye of WB.) and further modified in ways that are internally coherent although those parts were not represented in game causing things to be incoherent. It then got modified in variably coherent ways because Digital Extremes.

I think the helmet is made by the grineer themselves and is just a reminder and that's why it's made from lovely tin and why my valkyr ponytail stabs my lich all the way through the head.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
cosmetics cost a lot of plat and kuva liches can't afford many

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

You got about 18 hours left of Nora, remember to cash in!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Are Incarnon weapons worth the effort?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
some are amazing, some are merely slight buffs. i'd recommend miter and torid, for starters.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

Are Incarnon weapons worth the effort?

If you mean the original Incarnons, the thing where the guns do 20x damage on non-crits will double-dip with Xata's Whisper so they do 400x damage. That and it bypasses most damage attenuation mechanics. Praedos is a great stat-stick if you just want a ton of movement speed and aren't using your melee slot. Innodem is the strongest weapon in the game for Ash spamming Bladestorm; it will cause Bladestorm to one-shot all normal and eximus enemies.

For the Duviri Incarnons, Torid is bonkers both with and without going into the Incarnon mode, and it is the easiest Incarnon gun to activate because it only requires body shots. Latron is the only primary/secondary in the game that can fully strip armor, and it works on Demolishers, Acolytes and Eximus. Eximus were changed to be resistant as they level up to flat reduction from Shattering Impact, but Latron removes a percentage. Latron can kill a level 9999 Demolisher with no other abilities or weapons at all, just a single magazine modded for puncture/viral and Double Tap is all you need.

Nami Solo can reach like 12 meters range (24 meters in a radius if you use its heavy attack, very nice on Kullervo), Ceramic Dagger is a strong stat stick for pseudo-exalts.

Dual Ichor Incarnon is, in my estimate, probably the strongest melee quick-attack weapon in the entire game. It has 25% Crit, 3x Multi, 49% status, 2.9m range, 1.17x base attack speed, 212 base damage, on top of some other perks and Crossing Snakes stance neutral attack having very high DPS with forced slash procs.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've got a multi years old crit riven for ichor that I've been enjoying inflated numbers on,just waiting for the day it gets rebalanced to 1/5 because of the incarnon

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

hazardousmouse posted:

I've got a multi years old crit riven for ichor that I've been enjoying inflated numbers on,just waiting for the day it gets rebalanced to 1/5 because of the incarnon

They said they were going to avoid reducing Riven dispos, I think?

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015

Zero VGS posted:

If you mean the original Incarnons, the thing where the guns do 20x damage on non-crits will double-dip with Xata's Whisper so they do 400x damage.

Back up a second, they do WHAT? Is this why people say the Felarx is so bonkers?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You have to choose that specific option when incarnon unlocking then try and tank your crit but yeah, it's loving great

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yep, it's a drat good gun. I think it's also a little unintuitive for modding, it wants some pretty weird mods for a good build. I'm running Primed Tactical Pump and Primed Ammo Stock in mine. Along with a -CC Riven. :getin:

This cost a lot of Kuva, but I think this is about as good as it gets for -CC. Cuts it down to 5% crit. Shame it wasn't heat, but Elec/Viral is fine.

My new favorite stupid secondary is my Ocucor. Sentient Surge is just kinda broken. I have a Multishot/Damage/+recoil riven and have a Heat/Viral build on it with Cascadia Flare. Just murders stuff and has effectively infinite ammo.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 22, 2023

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I'll be glad whenever they fix the bug that makes shell-loaders get stuck loading their first shell if you interrupt their reload. It's easy to fix, at leaat, just swap weapons and back.

I tend to follow a rhythm of using abilities after a magdump and that makes the Felarx real annoying.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I'm pretty lazy with the Felarx and went with the incarnon evo that makes it reload when holstered. Only takes 2 seconds for the entire magazine so after I empty it I swing my melee a few times and then keep firing.

I recently got on board with the Boar Incarnon and that thing is absolutely bonkers. I really like the incarnon form too, it's like an even stronger Vermisplicer including the weird snap-on homing effect. It's not as good for single-target use, but that's what the regular form is for.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I swear to God I get headshots only 1/5 as much as I should on the boar

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Zomborgon posted:

I'll be glad whenever they fix the bug that makes shell-loaders get stuck loading their first shell if you interrupt their reload. It's easy to fix, at leaat, just swap weapons and back.

I tend to follow a rhythm of using abilities after a magdump and that makes the Felarx real annoying.

I suggest using the reload while holstered evolution on the Felarx and getting into the habit of tapping quick melee to reload.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

But does that make a satisfying click click click

I think not

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
I basically alternate between Felarx shots and glaive explosions. So empty your magazine at head level, then launch a glaive, detonate it, and switch back to Felarx shots.

If you have base 10% critical chance (through taking the -10% crit chance +20% status chance Tier 4 evolution), you can treat Devastating Attrition as giving you a 45% pseudo crit chance with a 20x pseudo critical multiplier.

You always want a minus critical chance Felarx riven. Mine is uh kind of insane:
+1.8m punch through
+68.4% cold damage
-28.1% critical chance

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Coming back from a long break, looks like I got purged for space. I submitted an app through the tool in the OP.
A loooot of new stuff.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

If you need/want to solo grind mechs, my current suggestion is to do the Kullervo grind on Duviri and use the clamps you get in the process to pick up an Azothane.

You'll come out of it with a frame and weapon combo that can solo vaults and also most other content in the game with little issue given a few very basic mods, and it's all available at MR0.

What DE probably should do is just give you a loaner mech for The New War, much like they do with the Paracesis.

wait what

is this just about kullervo being good or does Azothane do something special. like its power strike?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Runa posted:

wait what

is this just about kullervo being good or does Azothane do something special. like its power strike?

It's just a really good heavy attack weapon that you can get while you're grinding out Kullervo, who is extremely good and really likes good heavy attack weapons. It's a complimentary grind and you can technically get everything you need to build both of them literally the same day you start playing the game if you really want (though building Kullervo will take a few days in the foundry if you don't rush it, of course).

You can use other stuff to pop mechs, of course, but the barrier to entry for Kullervo/Azothane is just "run The Duviri Experience on the right mood 7-11 times depending on your luck" plus a few mods you'll probably already have by the time you're thinking about getting a mech.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I like the Vasto Prime and Prisma Skana Incarnons I've got going, I think both are around 200% crit, so they do a lot of damage but I also tend not to run at 9999 level content.

The Duel Toxocyst are also fun, they're strong in base mode, but light stuff up once changed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Incarnon skana is just fine, not lighting the world on fire or doing anything unique or flashy like shooting beams or having huge range, but it's cool that it can build to 12x combo pretty much instantly, and I've got a pretty good riven on mine that gives it insane crit. The vasto is also fun because it's just the revolver fantasy taken to an extreme. The incarnon form still needs to be 6 shots though, cmon DE how did you miss that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Also worth mentioning the syam, which you can get easily while grinding duviri too, is also a v good heavy attack weapon for kullervo, its heavy attack hadoukens are fairly narrow but have insane range.