Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

yea ok posted:

Just watch jumbo vs misawa June 8 1990 and call me in the morning

yes this is a great start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I'm adding Mochizuki, KENTA, and Kojima. I actually watched Kojima in a match with Hiroyoshi Tenzan versus Steve Williams and George Hines just this morning!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HulkaMatt posted:

yes this is a great start

Is that the show where Baba was watching the crowd buying merch and realized right then and there that he needed to make Misawa the top guy, and instructed Jumbo he was changing the finish? Jumbo was fine with it but assumed it would be a DQ or countout or something, and Baba told him nope, it was just going to be a clean as a sheet win?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

E: ^ ya somethin like that

Make a thread when you get in the thick of things. It’s really fun seeing lil noobehs get their feet wet.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

yeah that's that match also i remember liking the rematch better rofl

I had pretty much 0 reference when I just jumped in back in 07. Ditch just nudged me a link to his site and from there I was mostly viewing the NOAH stuff then gradually found myself looking at All Japan. He had matches listed in chronological order throughout the whole 90s and also had a TOP 50 90s Project that I keep saved. You can find like every match he had listed pretty much on YT now so if you wanna use it as a resource here's the web archive of chron order for AJPW/NOAH and here's the archive of the Top 50. Highly recommend maybe not starting with the #1 match listed like I did because I think it would hit better if you got better context from earlier matches and junk.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Also I'm sure that "walking the kings road" video series or w/e on youtube has good context for stuff or whatever but I never could truly watch those bc it breaks down results and matches that I KINDA wanna see for myself before talking about the match the video is mainly focusing on.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

there is also some very good YouTube channels. Like roylucifer has ajpw tv year by year (the real best way to watch kings road is ro watch it all unfortunately). This channel has a sick best of fmw playlist Theres a bunch more if you start watching matches and clicking users.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the best ajpw match to watch cold imho is can am express vs kobashi and kikuchi

Kikuchi is the hometown hero, kobashi is the peoples hero, and can am express are the champions.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Is that the show where Baba was watching the crowd buying merch and realized right then and there that he needed to make Misawa the top guy, and instructed Jumbo he was changing the finish? Jumbo was fine with it but assumed it would be a DQ or countout or something, and Baba told him nope, it was just going to be a clean as a sheet win?

Baba drove to the arena, saw the line outside chanting MISAWA MISAWA; got in the building, doors opened ahead of first gong, MISAWA MISAWA; Baba goes “goddamn”, and realizes what he’s got here after walking to the merch people, who inform him they sold out of Misawa stuff already.

So Baba ruminates on this, and as he’s looking over the format for the night, which prior had Tsuruta over Misawa, he makes a decision. Calls over a ring boy, scribbles down basically “Misawa up, pin”, folds up the paper he scribbled it on, sends the ring boy to Tsuruta. About five minutes later, boy returns with new note, which is Tsuruta offering maybe a DQ or count out win instead of a pin. Baba simply writes a more forceful don’t-disagree-with-me way of saying “Misawa up, pin”, sends that ring boy back, and when the ring boy doesn’t come back again, Baba knows the matter is settled.

And so that night, Misawa begins his two year climb to the Triple Crown by reversing Tsuruta’s pin into his own, and the war between Super Generation Army and Tsuruta-gun truly kicks off in earnest.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I hadn't heard most of those details, that's cool as hell.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
DDT has a press conference for their round robin tournament with every competitor in a suit
https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1727201491885392326

by which I mean even famous comedy promotion DDT is able to do sports style tournaments properly

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 22, 2023

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The Big Lad did it! :shobon:
https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1727171392976953491

Edit: Also Dan the Dad is back in Gambare Pro.
https://twitter.com/ganpro0417/status/1727302238908166351

Numero6 fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 22, 2023

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

also, three matches worth watching for a bit more context on 90s AJPW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvPA36FJp0c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpthzX8xGxM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FsjI2kATlQ

these matches in particular were extremely influential on the King's Road style in the 90s (not least because Japanese heavyweight wrestling before then wasn't usually quite as fast), and Jumbo, Hansen, and especially Kawada remained major players in AJPW going forward, so yeah, it's worth a bit of prior context

also, also, just remembered, if you want detailed breakdowns of some of the best King's Road era matches, I highly recommend Joseph Montecillo's analyses:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOjt_W4rfm0

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Jumbo vs Tenryu is one of my personal favorites. It's just so good in a way that's plainly obvious. Tenryu leaving and Jumbo getting older was what made Baba invest in the Four Pillars.

There's the famous 6/3/1994 match (Misawa vs Kawada), but the 6/9/1995 tag match (Misawa/Kobashi vs Kawada/Taue) is also great, possibly even better, actually.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Was randomly thinking back to when NJ was giving Tenzan a big push in 2003, including winning the G-1 by beating Akiyama in the final. Only...

-They had Chono be the next challenger to the IWGP title (held by Takayama)
-Tenzan's title win didn't come until November, AFTER a Tokyo Dome show, and it was a forgettable 30 minute slog
-Tenzan loses his first title defense the next month to Nakamura, who had less than 2 years experience at that point and got the title shot completely out of nowhere (Nakamura went 2-3 in the year's G-1 and lost the only two relevant singles matches he had after it). The title switch was almost certainly done because Nakamura had an MMA match on a big New Years' Eve card against kickboxer Alexey Ignashov. So you put the title on the guy who's about to face a high-level kickboxer in a shoot on a show that isn't promoted by New Japan, Because Inoki.

Then Nakamura vacated the title and they had a pretty stacked 1-night tournament in February 2004 to crown a new champ. Nagata was supposed to win, but Tenzan legit KO'ed him by landing a knee to Nagata's head on a moonsault. But they still put Tenzan over Tenryu in the final in a hella fun match.

...and then had Sasaki beat him the next month with a botched inverted northern lights bomb.

OKAY so that's two worthless title runs. Third time's the charm?

Tenzan wins the 2004 G-1 in a really solid match with Tanahashi, a couple years before Tanahashi hit his stride and thus the match quality was a pleasant surprise. Tenzan then sits on his thumbs as Kensuke Sasaki gets the next title shot against IWGP champ Kaz Fujita. Sakaki wins the title in insanely awkward fashion because Fujita didn't want to do a straightforward job. Okay whatever. Then Sasaki has TWO MORE title defenses, one at a dome show, before Tenzan finally beats him at a mid-tier December show.

OKAY but now Tenzan is champ heading into a January 4th Tokyo Dome Show! And he defends against:

No, he doesn't get a title defense.

He faces Chono and Choshu in a 3-way "dogfight" match where the winner is whoever can beat both of the other two opponents, and it's Chono, and Tenzan gets no falls, and then there's no follow-up match with Chono?

OKAY but then Tenzan's next defense is a title vs title match against Triple Crown champ Kojima! The match was supposed to go broadway but Tenzan was so completely out of gas that Kojima awkwardly pinned him with an elbow drop at 59:49.

Tenzan won a rematch in May. So we're now on title reign 4, and Tenzan had one successful defense in the first three reigns. He gets an insanely forgettable and obviously free title defense against 2005 Scott Norton, then drops the belt to Kaz Fujita, who for some reason gets the title to honor the recently deceased Shinya Hashimoto, even though Hashimoto had less than nothing to do with Fujita ever??

Like, whatever qualms anyone has with Gedo's booking, New Japan was sooooo inconsistent/bad during this period. Tenzan was never going to light the world on fire but he was absolutely kneecapped by the booking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I missed Tenzan's entire run as a top guy (though based on what Ditch just posted, so did Tenzan!) and it kind of blows me away to realize he's been a 4 time World Champion :psyduck:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

4 time IWGP champ, and none of the reigns lasted 3 full months. Nothing more perfectly sums up the dark ages of New Japan

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I had complaints about the huge lull in Dragongate's November schedule because they had Gate of Destiny on the 5th and the hottest Korakuen in months on the 9th and then just... nothing (except a Genki homecoming house show last night), but it turns out they're spoiling us Network subscribers for December:

12/1, 12/2, 12/3 - triple show in Sapporo
12/5 - Korakuen
12/10 - KBS Hall
12/19 - another Korakuen
12/24 - Final Gate
12/26 - Kobe Sanbo Hall

And then January has another double Korakuen AND the new pape at Yokohama Budokan, so we won't get a big gap before spring this year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

24/11/2023, Friday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

New Japan World Tag League Night 4
Aimesse Yamanashi, Kofu
Prelim: Katsuya Murashima vs Oskar Leube
Bishop Kaun, Toa Liona & Yuto Nakashima vs Master Wato, Ren Narita & Shota Umino
Alex Coughlin, Gabe Kidd, Gedo & Taiji Ishimori vs Ryusuke Taguchi, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOH
BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi & Shingo Takagi vs EVIL, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Yujiro
Callum Newman, Great O-Khan & HENARE vs Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
World Tag League B Block: Atlantis Jr & Soberano Jr vs Bad Luck Fale & Jack Bonza
World Tag League B Block: Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata vs Yota Tsuji & X
World Tag League B Block: Alex Zayne & Lance Archer vs Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI
World Tag League B Block: El Phantasmo & Hikuleo vs Taichi & Yuya Uemura
Uploaded later to NJPW World, maybe. The new NJPW World site doesn't have a schedule page & only lists shows broadcast live, doesn't mention things filmed & uploaded later. Cool, thanks NJPW

Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 7
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Junta Miyawaki & Taishi Ozawa vs Kai Fujimura & Yu Owada
Alejandro, Hajime Ohara, Ninja Mack & Terry Yaki vs Alpha Wolf, Dragon Bane, Extreme Tiger & Super Crazy
Go Shiozaki, Kazuyuki Fujita & Takashi Sugiura vs REAL (Saxon Huxley, Shuhei Taniguchi & Timothy Thatcher)
Eita & HAYATA vs LEONA & Yoshinari Ogawa
Atsushi Kotoge, Hi69, Naomichi Marufuji & Titus Alexander vs Jake Lee, LJ Cleary, Tadasuke & YO-HEY
El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr, Kenoh & Stallion Rogers vs Kaito Kiyomiya, Manabu Soya & Ryohei Oiwa
GHC Tag Team Titles: Anthony Greene & Jack Morris(c) vs Daiki Inaba & Masa Kitamiya
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: Daga(c) vs Shuji Kondo
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Dragongate, Diana & Marvelous

The NOAH show starts in just under an hour I think. On New Japan it looks like the tag league show isn't airing till the 25th (in Japan), unless I'm reading New Japan World wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Super Crazy, the ECW dude who WWE looked at and said,"Let's put him on a ride-on lawnmower and call him a "Mexi-Cool", still wrestling in 2023!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh. That was abrupt.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

November really is the month for tag team tournaments. Well, AJPW & NJPW continue theirs. DDT starts the D-Oh at the weekend in what should be a good one (despite featuring outside talent Rei Saito), Stardom pick who will face Suzu Suzuki to be crowned the new World of Stardom Champion after Tam was stripped of the belt due to her injury, a match that will take place at their final show of the year at Ryogoku Kokugikan on 29th December. Maybe the biggest show of the week is on Friday 1st December, TJPW celebrate their 10th Anniversary! They have a main event that's flavoured along the lines of veterans vs the next generation that looks fun.

For some reason this feels like one of the quieter weeks of the year for title matches, there's only 2, BJW Tag & the Princess of Princess belts in TJPW.

25/11/2023, Saturday

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

Stardom In Sayama
Sayama Civil General Gymnasium, Sayama
Suzu Suzuki vs Yuzuki
Queen's Quest (Hina & Miyu Amasaki) vs STARS (Hanan & Saya Iida)
Ami Sourei vs HANAKO
Ruaka vs Scandinavian Hurricane
God's Eye (MIRAI & Syuri) vs Mega Bayne & Yuna Mizumori
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Mai Sakurai & Maika) vs Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora, Rina & Starlight Kid)
Uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

Gaoth Move ChocoPro #342
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Card TBA

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

New Japan World Tag League Night 5
Akibadai Cultural Gymnasium, Fujisawa
Prelim: Katsuya Murashima vs Yuto Nakashima
Alex Zayne, Lance Archer & Oskar Leube vs Atlantis, Oleg Boltin & Soberano Jr
Bad Luck Fale, Gedo, Jack Bonza & Taiji Ishimori
DOUKI, SANADA, Taichi & Yuya Uemura vs Master Wato, Minoru Suzuki, Tomoaki Honma & Yuji Nagata
BUSHI, Yota Tsuji & Zandokan Jr vs El Phantasmo, Hikuleo & Jado
World Tag League A Block: Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona vs Ren Narita & Shota Umino
World Tag League A Block: Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
World Tag League A Block: EVIL & Yujiro vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa
World Tag League A Block: Great O-Khan & HENARE vs Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
Possibly uploaded later on NJPW World?

Also shows from Osaka Pro, Secret Base, 666, ZERO1, Kyushu Pro, FREEDOMS, 2AW, Dragongate, Wave & JTO

26/11/2023, Sunday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am GMT/10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST

DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Night 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Prelim: Kazuma Sumi & Rukiya vs Yuni & Yuya Koroku
Danshoku Dieno, Makoto Oishi & Toi Kojima vs Schadenfreude International (Antonio Honda, Masahiro Takanashi & Takeshi Msada)
Daisuke Sasaki, Demus & MJ Paul vs Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & Yusuke Okada
D-Oh GP A Block: Kazusada Higuchi vs Yuki Ueno
D-Oh GP A Block: HARASHIMA vs Yuki Iino
D-Oh GP B Block: Chris Brookes vs Yukio Naya
D-Oh GP B Block: MAO vs Rei Saito
D-Oh GP B Block: KANON vs Kazuki Hirata
Live on Wrestle Universe

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEDT/3:30am GMT/11:30pm EST/8:30pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro City Circuit Nagoya Ipponjime
NGK Sports Plaza 3rd Stadium, Nagoya
Arisu Endo vs Runa Okubo
Haru Kazashiro vs Suzume
Hyper Misao vs Raku
Kaya Toribami & Shoko Nakajima vs Viva Van & Yuki Kamifuku
HIMAWARI, Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi vs Mahiro Kiryu, Miyu Yamashita & Toga
Hikari Noa, Nao Kakuta & Shino Suzuki vs Max The Impaler, Pom Harajuku & Yuki Aino
Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki vs Moka Miyamoto & Yuki Arai
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

All Japan Real World Tag League Night 5
Shonan Fujisawa Market, Fujisawa
Junior Battle of Glory: Fuminori Abe & Ryo Inoue
Junior Battle of Glory: Koji Iwamoto vs Rising HAYATO
Chi Chi vs ZONES
Black Menso-re, Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi vs Giant Enoshima Man, Ichiba Shin Ichi & Shiryu
Real World Tag League: BULK Orchestra (Galeno del Mal & Hayato Tamura) vs Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi)
Real World Tag League: Cyrus & Ryan Davidson vs New Period (Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai)
Real World Tag League: Hokuto Omori & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan & Seigo Tachibana
Junior Battle of Glory: Dam Tamura vs Naruki Doi
Junior Battle of Glory: Atsuki Aoyagi vs Hikaru Sato
Real World Tag League: Hideki Suzuki & Suwama vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)
Uploaded later to AJPW TV

Stardom in Koriyama
Big Palette Fukushima, Koriyama
Hina vs Yuzuki
Miyu Amasaki vs Starlight Kid
Scandinavian Hurricane vs Yuna Mizumori
Donna Del Mondo (Mai Sakurai & Maika) vs STARS (Hanan & Saya Iida)
Giulia & HANAKO vs Mega Bayne & Suzu Suzuki
God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri) vs Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora, Rina & Ruaka)

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/7am GMT/2am EST/11pm PST

New Japan World Tag League Night 5
Big Palette Fukushima, Koriyama
Alex Coughlin, Gabe Kidd, Gedo & Taiji Ishimori vs Bishop Kaun, Toa Liona, Tomoaki Honma & Yuto Nakashima
Callum Newman, Great O-Khan & HENARE vs Dick Togo, EVIL & Yujiro
Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste vs Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOH
Kaito Kiyomiya, Oleg Boltin & Ryohei Oiwa vs Oskar Leube, Ren Narita & Shota Umino
World Tag League B Block: Alex Zayne & Lance Archer vs Atlantis Jr & Soberano Jr
World Tag League B Block: Bad Luck Fale & Jack Bonza vs Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI
World Tag League B Block: Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata vs Taichi & Yuya Uemura
World Tag League B Block: El Phantasmo & Hikuleo vs Yota Tsuji & Zandokan Jr
Live on NJPW World

Big Japan Death Market 76
Nagoya Diamond Hall, Nagoya
Daichi Hashimoto, Daisuke Sekimoto & Kazumasa Yoshida vs Kengo Takai, Menta Kosugi & Masaya Takahashi
Banana Senga & Intelligent Sensational Grand Passion Mask No. 4 vs Kankuro Hoshino & Kota Sekifuda
Daimonji So & Tempesta vs Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yuya Aoki
Barbwire Board Deathmatch: Ryuji Ito & Yuki Ishikawa vs Yuko Miyamoto & Yusaku Ito
BJW Tag Team Titles: Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura)(c) vs Ender Kara & Leyton Buzzard
Team Dera Drazeger Title: Michio Kageyama(c) vs Kazumi Kikuta
Fluorescent Lighttube Deathmatch: Abdullah Kobayashi & Casanova Valentine vs Hideyoshi Kamitani & Isami Kodaka
Live on BJW's NicoNico channel, uploaded to BJW Core in a while

Also shows from Osaka Pro, Oz Amademy, Kyushu Pro, JTO, Diana, Actwres girlZ, Burst, 2AW, Dragongate, Heat-Up & BJW

27/11/2023, Monday

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/10am GMT/6am EST/2am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Monday Magic Ep.4
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from BJW & YMZ

28/11/2023, Tuesday

New Japan World Tag League Night 6
Nagoya Congress Centre Event Hall, Nagoya
Bad Luck Fale, Gedo, Jack Bonza & Taiji Ishimori vs BUSHI, Shingo Takagi, Yota Tsuji & Zandokan Jr
El Phantasmo, Hikuleo & Jado vs Master Wato, Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata
Alex Zayne, Lance Archer & Ryusuke Taguchi vs DOUKI, Taichi & Yuya Uemura
Atlantis Jr, Soberano Jr & Tiger Mask vs Hirooki Goto, YOH & YOSHI-HASHI
World Tag League A Block: Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd vs Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona
World Tag League A Block: EVIL & Yujiro vs Great O-Khan & HENARE
World Tag League A Block: Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
World Tag League A Block: Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa vs Ren Narita & Shota Umino
Live on NJPW World

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/5:30am EST/1:30am PST

Stardom in Korakuen
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Rina vs Yuzuki
Fukigen Death vs HANAKO vs Hina
COSMIC ANGELS (Saori Anou & Yuna Mizumori) vs Queen's Quest (Lady C & Miyu Amasaki)
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia & Mai Sakurai) vs God's Eye (MIRAI & Syuri)
Scandinavian Hurricane vs Thekla
Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Starlight Kid) vs STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Saya Iida)
Megan Bayne, Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
World of Stardom #1 Contender Tournament 1st Round: Mina Shirakawa vs Momo Watanabe
World of Stardom #1 Contender Tournament 1st Round: Ami Sourei vs Maika
World of Stardom #1 Contender Tournament Final

29/11/2023, Wednesday

All Japan Real World Tag League Night 6
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Atsuki Aoyagi, Minoru Tanaka & Rising HAYATO vs Black Menso-re, Takao Omori & Yoshitatsu
Real World Tag League: BULK Orchestra (Galeno del Mal & Hayato Tamura) vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan & Seigo Tachibana)
Real World Tag League: Cyrus & Ryan Davidson vs Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi)
Junior Battle of Glory: Hikaru Sato vs Ryo Inoue
Junior Battle of Glory: Fuminori Abe vs Naruki Doi
Junior Battle of Glory: Dan Tamura vs Koji Iwamoto
Real World Tag League: Hokuto Omori & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Ren Ayabe & Shuji Ishikawa
Real World Tag League: Hideki Suzuki & Suwama vs New Period (Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai)
Real World Tag League: Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito) vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)
Live on AJPW TV

New Japan World Tag League Night 7
Twin Messe Shizuoka, Shizuoka
Bishop Kaun, Toa Liona & Yuto Nakashima vs EVIL, SHO & Yujiro
Kaito Kiyomiya, Oleg Boltin & Ryohei Oiwa vs Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
Alex Coughlin, Gabe Kidd & Taiji Ishimori vs Callum Newman, Great O-Khan & HENARE
Master Wato, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOH vs Ren Narita, Ryusuke Taguchi, Shota Umino & Tiger Mask
World Tag League B Block: Bad Luck Fale & Jack Bonza vs Yota Tsuji & Zandokan Jr
World Tag League B Block: El Phantasmo & Hikuleo vs Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata
World Tag League B Block: Alex Zayne & Lance Archer vs Taichi & Yuya Uemura
World Tag League B Block: Atlantis Jr & Soberano Jr vs Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI
Live on NJPW World

30/11/2023, Thursday

Show from Actwres girlZ

1/12/2023, Friday

Dragongate Fantastic Gate Night 1
ii-one Stadium, Sapporo
Card TBA
Live on Dragongate Network

New Japan World Tag League Night 8
Wakayama Prefectural Gymnasium, Wakayama
Bad Luck Fale, Jack Bonza & Taiji Ishimori vs El Phantasmo, Hikuleo & Jado
Atlantis Jr, Soberano Jr & Tiger Mask vs DOUKI, Taichi & Yuya Uemura
Alex Zayne, Lance Archer & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Master Wato, Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata
BUSHI, Shingo Takagi, Yota Tsuji & Zandokan Jr vs Hirooki Goto, Oleg Boltin, YOH & YOSHI-HASHI
World Tag League A Block: Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona vs EVIL & Yujiro
World Tag League A Block: Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa vs Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
World Tag League A Block: Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd vs Great O-Khan & HENARE
World Tag League A Block: Ren Narita & Shota Umino vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
Live on NJPW World

Tokyo Joshi Pro 10th Anniversary We Are TJPW
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Hyper Misao & Mahiro Kiryu vs Raku & Yuki Aino
Haru Kazashiro, Juria Nagano & Shino Suzuki vs Kaya Toribami, Runa Okubo & Toga
Viva Van vs Yuki Kamifuku
Next Generation Tournament '23 Final: HIMAWARI vs Wakana Uehara
Princess Of Princess Titles: Free WiFi (Hikari Noa & Nao Kakuta)(c) vs Max The Impaler & Pom Harajuku
Arisu Endo, Miu Watanabe, Moka Miyamoto, Suzume & Yuki Arai vs Miyu Yamashita, Mizuki, Rika Tatsumi, Shoko Nakajima & Yuka Sakazaki
Live on Wrestle Universe

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I watched three matches:

Genichiro Tenryu & Samson Fuyuki v. Jumbo Tsuruta & Tiger Mask II
Jumbo Tsuruta, The Great Kabuki, & Masanobu Fuchi v. Mitsuhara Misawa, Akira Taue, & Kenta Kobashi
Jumbo Tsuruta v. Mitsuhara Misawa

What a fascinating trilogy of matches! The first one I mainly watched to see Tenryu and Misawa before he unmasked. The 6-man had excellent psychology and of course the elbow strike that changed the course of puroresu history. Kobashi eats a lot of poo poo here, taking a whipping by the vets. But the youngins actually get the win!

And the singles match was stellar. I love watching this era with the huge, loud crowds, the wrestlers running through swathes of fans, it has such a different energy to anything going today. The crowd gets behind Misawa and he picks up the surprise win (interestingly, it looked like Tsuruta had to help Misawa flip over for the reversal, what a worker). I only know the vague outline of the ramifications of this shock finish, but it does feel like a massive swing. I love that Giant Baba was on commentary. Really cool of him to take a gamble on Misawa.

I also read the Observer from the week Misawa died, and man, that story is just so tragic.

But, I've whet my appetite for 90s puro so I'll keep on trucking with Misawa for a bit. There's another trilogy of matches culminating in the Misawa v. Tsuruta rematch from September of 1990.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Great Muta's daughter greenmisted someone at today's show.  Great Sakuya is due to make her debut on January 2nd, tagging with Nagisa Nozaki against Miyuki Takase & Haruka Umesaki

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kikuta vs BIG BOSS was tasty, but the Korakuen 8 man was even better, up there with the best of Yasushi Kanda for DG's 2023 highlight. Just everything capital G Good about the DG style. Really let Tanaka shine and have a proper breakout performance.

Also it's going to take a while for me getting used to Hyo rather than HYO.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Uncle Jun is "back" in AJPW.
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1729760215870919167

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wasn't available when I did the schedule a week ago so here, have tomorrow's Dragongate card, the first of 3 nights in Sapporo

Friday 1st December

Dragongate Fantastic Gate Night 1
ii-One Stadium, Sapporo
Gold Class (Ben-K & BxB Hulk) vs Z-Brats (KAI & Shun Skywalker)
Dragon Kid vs Jason Lee
Don Fujii, Mondai Ryu & YAMATO vs Genki Horiguchi & M3K (Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)
Hyo & Luis Mante vs Z-Brats (ISHIN & Yoshiki Kato)
Kota Minoura vs Strong Machine J
D'courage (Dragon Dia, Madoka Kikuta, Ryoya Tanaka & Yuki Yoshioka) vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Jacky Funky Kamei, Kzy & U-T)

Not exactly essential viewing but I'm into the 2 singles matches & the main event.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I don't think I'm an interesting enough writer to make a whole rear end thread about watching 90s and early 2000s puro but drat I'm loving the stuff I've watched. I love when Jumbo raises his arm and the crowd shouts and I also love Akira Taue's sumo chops. The crowds from this era are just insane and elevate everything like crazy. They go nuts when Misawa elbows someone it rules. Thanks all for the encouragement. I was so easy to get wrapped up in watching all the latest poo poo but I've really developed a taste for the older stuff now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

We're into it. The final month of 2023. A pretty good year from a match quality perspective in Japan, even with business being down for almost everyone. All Japan finish their tag league, New Japan almost finish theirs (one more event to go, next Saturday), Dragongate head to Sapporo for the now traditional BxB Hulk & Kzy homecoming triple shot in an absolutely freezing gym in Japan's northern most prefecture (the shows this time last year you cold see the breath of the guys seconding their teammates). Yuka Sakazaki says goodbye to Tokyo Joshi Pro, the group she's been a mainstay of since day 1, it'll be sure to be an emotional affair. There's not much else, a Stardom PPV, and a produce show from DoiKuma which will give you Wrestle-1 vibes.

2/12/2023, Saturday

All Japan Real World Tag League Night 8
Item Ehime, Matsuyama
Junior Battle of Glory: Koji Iwamoto vs Ryo Inoue
Junior Battle of Glory: Fuminori Abe vs Hikaru Sato
Atsuki Aoyagi & Imabari Towel Mascara vs Jun Saito & KOSHI
Black Menso-re & Carbell Ito vs Evolution (Dan Tamura & Suwama)
Real World Tag League: Kuroshio TOKYO Japan & Seigo Tachibana vs Ren Ayabe & Shuji Ishikawa
Real World Tag League: Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Hokuto Omori & Katsuhiko Nakajima
Real World Tag League: BULK Orchestra (Galeno del Mal & Hayato Tamura) vs New Period (Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai)
Real World Tag League: Cyrus & Ryan Davidson vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)
Junior Battle of Glory: Naruki Doi vs Rising HAYATO
Live on AJPW TV

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/7am GMT/2am EST/11pm PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH The Best
Yokohama Budokan, Yokohama
Kai Fujimura & LEONA vs Taishi Ozawa & Yu Owada
Alejandro, Extreme Tiger & Ninja Mack vs Alpha Zo, Super Crazy & Terry Yaki
Daiki Inaba & Masa Kitamiya vs Stallion Rogers & Vinnie Massaro
Atsushi Kotoge & Hi69 vs Eita & HAYATA
El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr, Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa vs REAL (Saxon Huxley, Shuhei Taniguchi & Timothy Thatcher)
GHC National Title: Jack Morris(c) vs Hajime Ohara
GLG (Anthony Greene, Jake Lee, LJ Cleary, Tadasuke & YO-HEY) vs Go Shiozaki, Junta Miyawaki, Naomichi Marufuji, Shuji Kondo & Takashi Sugiura
Jinsei Shinzaki & Kenoh vs Manabu Soya & Tatsumi Fujinami
Live on Wrestle Universe

Stardom Nagoya Big Winter
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium, Nagoya
Prelim: HANAKO & Miyu Amasaki vs Mina Shirakawa & Yuzuki
Mai Sakurai vs Ruaka
Cosmic Angels (Saori Anou & Yuna Mizumori) vs wing gori (Hanan & Saya Iida)
God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri) vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora & Starlight Kid
Goddess of Stardom Titles: Divine Kingdom (Megan Bayne & Maika)(c) vs AphroditE (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
High Speed Title: Mei Seira(c) vs Thekla
NJPW STRONG Women's Title: Giulia(c) vs AZM
UWF Rules: Scandinavian Hurricane vs Nanae Takahashi
World of Stardom #1 Contenders Certificate: Suzu Suzuki(c) vs Hazuki
Live on PPV, uploaded to Stardom World later

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

Dragongate Fantastic Gate Night 2
ii-One Stadium, Sapporo
Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi & YAMATO vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Strong Machine J & U-T)
Don Fujii vs Mondai Ryu
D'courage (Dragon Dia, Madoka Kikuta, Ryoya Tanaka & Yuki Yoshioka) vs Z-Brats (ISHIN, KAI, Shun Skywalker & Yoshiki Kato)
Hyo & Luis Mante vs M3K (Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)
Gold Class (Ben-K, BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura) vs Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Jason Lee & Kzy)

New Japan World Tag League Night 10
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Oskar Leube & Yuto Nakashima vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
Bishop Kaun, Oleg Boltin & Toa Liona vs Callum Newman, Great O-Khan & HENARE
Alex Coughlin, Gabe Kidd, Gedo & Taiji Ishimori vs EVIL, SHO, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Yujiro
Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste vs Master Wato, Ren Narita & Shota Umino
World Tag League B Block: Bad Luck Fale & Jack Bonza vs El Phantasmo & Hikuleo
World Tag League B Block: Atlantis Jr & Soberano Jr vs Taichi & Yuya Uemura
World Tag League B Block: Alex Zayne & Lance Archer vs Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata
World Tag League B Block: Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI vs Yota Tsuji & Zandokan Jr
Live on NJPW World

DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Night 2
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Kazuma Sumi, Takeshi Masada, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ueno vs Jun Akiyama, Rukiya, Yuki Iino & Yusuke Okada
D-Oh GP A Block: HARASHIMA vs Tetsuya Endo
D-Oh GP A Block: Daisuke Sasaki vs Kazusada Higuchi
D-Oh GP B Block: Chris Brookes vs KANON
D-Oh GP B Block: Kazuki Hirata vs MAO
D-Oh GP B Block: Rei Saito vs Yukio Naya
KO-D Tag Team Titles: Romance Dawn (Shota & Soma Takao)(c) vs Akito & Toru Sugiura
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Zero1, Osaka Pro, Ice Ribbon, YMZ, & Hot Chouchou

3/12/2023, Sunday

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/3am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Night 3
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Akito, HARASHIMA, Takeshi Masada & Toi Kojima vs Jun Akiyama, Makoto Oishi, Rukiya & Yusuke Okada
Demus & KANON vs Kazuma Sumi & MIKAMI
D-Oh GP A Block: Daisuke Sasaki vs Yuki Ueno
D-Oh GP A Block: Tetsuya Endo vs Yuki Iino
D-Oh GP B Block: Chris Brookes vs MAO
D-Oh GP B Block: Kazuki Hirata vs Yukio Naya
Live on Wrestle Universe

Dragongate Fantastic Gate Night 3
ii-One Stadium, Sapporo
D'courage (Dragon Dia, Madoka Kikuta & Yuki Yoshioka) vs Don Fujii & M3K (Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)
Genki Horiguchi vs Mondai Ryu
Ben-K vs Ryoya Tanaka
Hyo & Luis Mante vs Natural Vibes (Jason Lee & Strong Machine J)
Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu, Jacky Funky Kamei, Kzy & U-T) vs Z-Brats (ISHIN, KAI, Shun Skywalker & Yoshiki Kato)
Dragon Kid & YAMATO vs Gold Class (BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura)

All Japan Real World Tag League Night 9
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Real World Tag League: Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs New Period (Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai)
Real World Tag League: Cyrus & Ryan Davidson vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan & Seigo Tachibana
Black Menso-re, Izanagi & Rising HAYATO vs Bodyguard, Hikaru Sato & Tatsuya Matsufusa
Real World Tag League: BULK Orchestra (Galeno del Mal & Hayato Tamura) vs Hokuto Omori & Katsuhiko Nakajima
Junior Battle of Glory: Atsuki Aoyagi vs Fuminori Abe
Junior Battle of Glory: Dan Tamura vs Ryo Inoue
Junior Battle of Glory: Koji Iwamoto vs Naruki Doi
Real World Tag League: Ren Ayabe & Shuji Ishikawa vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)
Real World Tag League: Hideki Suzuki & Suwama vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)
Live on AJPW TV

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

New Japan World Tag League Night 11
Acrea Himeji, Himeji
DOUKI, Taichi & Yuya Uemura vs Bad Luck Fale, Jack Bonza & Taiji Ishimori
Atlantis Jr, Soberano Jr & Tiger Mask vs El Phantasmo, Hikuleo & Jado
Hirooki Goto, Tomoaki Honma & YOSHI-HASHI vs Master Wato, Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata
Alex Zayne, Lance Archer, Oskar Leube & Ryusuke Taguchi vs BUSHI, Shingo Takagi, Yota Tsuji & Zandokan Jr
World Tag League A Block: Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona vs Great O-Khan & HENARE
World Tag League A Block: Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
World Tag League A Block: Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd vs EVIL & Yujiro
World Tag League A Block: Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste vs Ren Narita & Shota Umino
Live on NJPW World

Stardom in Wakayama
Noritz Arena, Wakayama
Mai Sakurai vs Yuzuki
Momo Watanabe vs Yuna Mizumori
HANAKO vs Mina Shirakawa
Donna del Mondo (Giulia, Maika & Thekla) vs Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Starlight Kid)
Megan Bayne, Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki vs STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Saya Iida)
God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri) & Scandinavian Hurricane vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Miyu Amasaki, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)

2AW GRAND SLAM In Korakuen Hall
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Chojin Yusha G Valion, Latrell Upton & Tantan Menso vs Ricky Fuji, Shinichiro Wakita & Takashi Yoshida
Daiju Wakamatsu vs Hiroshi Yamato
Kotaro Yoshino & Kyu Mogami vs Kunio Toshima & Tasuya Hanami
Ayame Sasamura vs Kyoko Inoue
Ayato Yoshida & Shigehiro Irie vs Isami Kodaka & Takato Nakano vs Kaji Tomato & Taishi Takizawa
2AW Tag Team Titles: BUG's MUTATION (Ayumu Honda & CHANGO)(c) vs Kengo Mashimo & Naka Shuma
2AW Openweight Title: Takuro Niki(c) vs Kaz Hayashi

Also shows from Basara, Zero1, Michinoku Pro, & Dove Pro

4/12/2023, Monday

Koji Doi & Kuma Arashi Produce DoiKuma Night
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Andy Wu vs Fuminori Abe
Chanyota & Echika Miyabi vs Haruka Umesaki & Miyuki Takase
Hikaru Sato vs Kentaro Yasushi
Genki Horiguchi & Kzy vs Seigo Tachibana & Tsugataka Sato
Daimonji So, Ryoji Sai & Yusuke Kodama vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Atsuki Aoyagi, Shuji Ishikawa & Yuma Aoyagi)
DoiKuma (Koji Doi & Kuma Arashi) vs KAI & Satoshi Kojima

New Japan World Tag League Night 12
Kochi Prefectural Gymnasium, Kochi
BUSHI & Shingo Takagi vs SHO & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Bishop Kaun, Oleg Boltin & Toa Liona vs Kaito Kiyomiya, Oskar Leube & Ryohei Oiwa
Callum Newman, Great O-Khan & HENARE vs Tomoaki Honma, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
Dick Togo, EVIL & Yujiro vs Ren Narita, Ryusuke Taguchi & Shota Umino
Alex Coughlin, Gabe Kidd & Taiji Ishimori vs Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
World Tag League B Block: Bad Luck Fale & Jack Bonza vs Taichi & Yuya Uemura
World Tag League B Block: Atlantis Jr & Soberano Jr vs El Phantasmo & Hikuleo
World Tag League B Block: Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI vs Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata
World Tag League B Block: Alex Zayne & Lance Archer vs Yota Tsuji & Zandokan
Live on NJPW World

Also BJW

5/12/2023, Tuesday

Dragongate Fantastic Gate Night 4
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Open The Brave Gate Title: ISHIN(c) vs Hyo
KAI vs Luis Mante
Rest of card TBA

Stardom Year End Tour 2023 Night 1
Hiroshima Prefectural Industrial Hall, Hiroshima
Starlight Kid vs Yuzuki
Mina Shirakawa vs Thekla
Ami Sourei & HANAKO vs Queen's Quest (Miyu Amasaki & Saya Kamitani)
Megan Bayne vs Yuna Mizumori
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora & Ruaka) vs STARS (Hanna, Hazuki & Saya Iida)
Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki) vs Queen's Quest (AZM & Utami Hayashishita)
Donna del Mondo (Giulia, Mai Sakurai & Maika) vs God's Eye (MIRAI & Syuri) & Scandinavian Hurricane

Also BJW & JWP

6/12/2023, Wednesday

All Japan Real World Tag League Night 10
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Junior Battle of Glory Final
GAORA TV Title: Minoru Tanaka(c) vs Black Menso-re vs Takao Omori vs Yoshitatsu
Real World Tag League: New Period (Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai) vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)
Real World Tag League: Hokuto Omori & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)
Real World Tag League: Hideki Suzuki & Suwama vs Ren Ayabe & Shuji Ishikawa
Real World Tag League: Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Kuroshio TOKYO Japan & Seigo Tachibana
Real World Tag League: BULK Orchestra (Galeno del Mal & Hayato Tamura) vs Cyrus & Ryan Davidson
Rest of card & match order TBA
Live on AJPW TV

New Japan World Tag League Night 13
Karatsu Athletic Stadium, Karatsu
Atlantis Jr, Soberano Jr, Tiger Mask & Tomoaki Honma vs BUSHI, Shingo Takagi, Yota Tsuji & Zandokan Jr
Alex Zayne, Lance Archer & Master Wato vs El Phantasmo, Hikuleo & Jado
Bad Luck Fale, Jack Bonza & Taiji Ishimori vs Minoru Suzuki, Ryusuke Taguchi & Yuji Nagata
DOUKI, SANADA, Taichi & Yuya Uemura vs Hirooki Goto, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI
World Tag League A Block: EVIL & Yujiro vs Ren Narita & Shota Umino
World Tag League A Block: Great O-Khan & HENARE vs Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
World Tag League A Block: Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd vs Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste
World Tag League A Block: Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa
Match order TBA
Live on NJPW World

Stardom Year End Tour 2023 Night 2
Takamatsu Symbol Tower Exhibition Hall, Takamatsu
Mai Sakurai vs Yuzuki
Mina Shirakawa vs Yuna Mizumori
God's Eye (Ami Sourei & Syrui) & Scandinavian Hurricane vs STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Saya Iida)
Divine Kingdom (Megan Bayne & Maika) vs HANAKO & MIRAI
Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki) vs Mafia Bella (Giulia & Thekla)
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Starlight Kid) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Miyu Amasaki, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)

Tokyo Joshi Pro Yuka Sakazaki Graduation Special
Kitazawa Town Hall, Tokyo
Haru Kazashira, HIMAWARI & Toga vs Runa Okubo, Shino Suzuki & Wakana Uehara
Arisu Endo, Miu Watanabe & Suzume vs Kaya Toribami, Mahiro Kiryu & Yuki Kamifuku
Hikari Noa, Moka Miyamoto, Mizuki & Nao Kakuta vs Hyper Misao, Pom Harajuku, Raku & Yuki Aino
Antonio Honda & Trans-Am Hiroshi vs Rika Tatsumi & Yuka Sakazaki
Miyu Yamashita vs Shoko Nakajima vs Yuka Sakazaki
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

Also Dragongate

7/12/2023, Thursday

Stardom Year End Tour 2023 Night 3
Osaka Prefectural Rinkai Sports Centre, Takaishi
Mina Shirakawa vs Ruaka
HANAKO, Miyu Amasaki & Yuzuki vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora & Starlight Kid)
Queen's Quest (AZM, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) vs STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Saya Iida)
Crazy Star (Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki) vs Megan Bayne & Yuna Mizumori
Donna del Mondo (Giulia, Mai Sakurai, Maika & Thekla) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri) & Scandinavian Hurricane

New Japan World Tag League Night 14
Hayamizu Sports Culture Centre, Miyakonojo
World Tag League B Block: Atlantis Jr & Soberano Jr vs Yota Tsuji & Zandokan Jr
World Tag League B Block: Alex Zayne & Lance Archer vs El Phantasmo & Hikuleo
World Tag League B Block: Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI vs Taichi & Yuya Uemura
World Tag League B Block: Bad Luck Fale & Jack Bonza vs Minoru Suzuki & Yuji Nagata
Rest of card TBA
Live on NJPW World

Also Strong Style/Real Japan & Freedoms

8/12/2023, Friday

New Japan World Tag League Night 15
Makizono Arena, Kirishima
World Tag League Semi-Final
World Tag League Semi-Final
Rest of card TBA
Live on NJPW World

Also Sendai Girls

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Watching Nakajima watching Ikemen doing his weird elbows while inside his jacket shtick is almost as good as watching him light up Yoshitatsu with kicks

Oh my god the Saito Bros turning up to the venue in a taxi, wearing their gear and carrying both their AJPW & GLEAT Tag belts rules.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 1, 2023

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

apophenium posted:

I don't think I'm an interesting enough writer to make a whole rear end thread about watching 90s and early 2000s puro but drat I'm loving the stuff I've watched. I love when Jumbo raises his arm and the crowd shouts and I also love Akira Taue's sumo chops. The crowds from this era are just insane and elevate everything like crazy. They go nuts when Misawa elbows someone it rules. Thanks all for the encouragement. I was so easy to get wrapped up in watching all the latest poo poo but I've really developed a taste for the older stuff now.

i remember when i had a thread about that...

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

i remember when i had a thread about that...

Yeah it was good!

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/metal0515/status/1730848822769893472

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I love this angry loving weirdo :lol:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KENOH getting shafted for the main event spot at NOAH'S New Year show sure is.. something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait, I actually missed the context there and didn't realize the main event spot is in doubt(?). What's the main event if it isn't Kenoh vs. Soya? :confused:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, I actually missed the context there and didn't realize the main event spot is in doubt(?). What's the main event if it isn't Kenoh vs. Soya? :confused:

Naomichi Marufuji vs Kota Ibushi

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Naomichi Marufuji vs Kota Ibushi

Well that's a VERY cool match for sure but Kenoh should definitely be getting the main event :colbert:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I mean in all likelihood it leads to Kota/Kenoh in the sequel to the Kota/Taichi Kick You Motherfucker match

So I say book it Danno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dragongate announcing they have a couple of Mexicans coming in this month

https://twitter.com/dragongate_pro/status/1731136629186978038?s=20

Demus is already in Japan & has done some DDT dates, he's also the former Pequeno Damian 666. Know nothing about Viento other than he's been on a couple of West Coast Pro shows Shun was also on.

Or the tweet could get deleted before I even have a chance to see who Viento is.

Let's try again

https://x.com/DragonGateEN/status/1731138136242376876?s=20

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 3, 2023