Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Circle Nine posted:

whats the smallest amount of money you need to spend to get an ad on twitter

There was a major company (visa?) that spent us$10 this year so I assume that's the bare minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

nikosoft posted:

you can just say whatever you want, no one cares

I know it's just funny that he felt the need to pull an amount with an entire extra place value out of his rear end so he can dickwave a little more

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm going to advertise on X

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

Nooooo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

:yeah:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

You gonna be advertising anything in particular, or you know, just adverting as you don't have anything better to do?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

im going to donate

BILLION

dollars

soon

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

quote:

Elon Musk refuses Tesla's department in Sweden to enter into a collective agreement

Tesla CEO Elon Musk refuses the company's branch in Sweden to enter into a collective agreement with its employees. The strike is thus intensifying, and no solution is in sight.

It is mediator Kurt Eriksson who says that Musk has intervened directly in the conflict.

- They may not enter into any agreement. It's an order from Elon Musk. The Swedish company has no freedom of action, says Eriksson to Dagens Industri .

The trade union IF Metall has been on strike for four weeks, and several LO unions have joined the action.

The parties have not formally met since 6 November when the negotiations completely stalled. On Tuesday this week, mediator Eriksson contacted Tesla's legal office, but this did not lead to any progress.

- There is nothing to talk about since the message from Tesla is that they cannot sign a collective agreement and IF Metall at the same time demands just such an agreement. The Swedish company's freedom of action is very limited, as I understand it, says Eriksson.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
The Swedish electricity union is also expanding the strike to target Tesla charging stations. And not just that, but Finnish transport union has said that Swedish unions are preparing a request for support to the neighbouring countries :getin:

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

dr_rat posted:

You gonna be advertising anything in particular, or you know, just adverting as you don't have anything better to do?

Recreational advertising is a classic ultra-late stage capitalist family pastime

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Teratrain posted:

Recreational advertising is a classic ultra-late stage capitalist family pastime

I've never advertised anything before and it seems they'll allow anyone so I might as well. You never know when a chance like this will come around again.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nenonen posted:

The Swedish electricity union is also expanding the strike to target Tesla charging stations. And not just that, but Finnish transport union has said that Swedish unions are preparing a request for support to the neighbouring countries :getin:

Pure evil

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Twitter should bring cigarette ads back

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Why isn't something awful advertising their front page

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
their what???!?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There was a major company (visa?) that spent us$10 this year so I assume that's the bare minimum

Your posts aren't even seen by anyone on the platform unless you pay for a monthly subscription to a checkmark so there's also that cost at a minimum.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wait…the stupid long-rear end wiper stays up in the driver view instead of into the well between the hood and windshield? lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Wait…the stupid long-rear end wiper stays up in the driver view instead of into the well between the hood and windshield? lmao

yes, Elon's laser wiper didn't make it to production, so it has that big ugly kludge

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
lol holy poo poo they can’t really be doing one single blade for the wiper…

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

withak posted:

He was directing mobs to student organization events that had free food, which apparently falls under the dont be a dick clause in the student code of conduct.

including student groups is rude, if he had focused only on the rich people fundraising events i would have been supportive.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
lol that’s awful haha

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

he apologized, unlike all the people "criticizing" him for it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

this is also how alex jones got the secret documents proving that soros was paying antifa sleeper cells or whatever

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

19 o'clock posted:

lol that’s awful haha

it's literally the dumbest thing ever produced i genuinely have no idea how it got past the initial design stage.

truly boggles me mind how much inertia elon musk has despite, well, everything he does.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the big wiper should be enough for anyone who is not braindead to see it and recognize "this is not well designed", like just the big wiper by itself ignoring literally everything else about it lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
if an engineering undergrad student turned in a project that featured something like the big wiper, a needless redesign of a feature that is already standardized and works fine, they'd get a D at best

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

It’s called CyberWiper

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

19 o'clock posted:

lol that’s awful haha

You won't care.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Professor circling the CyberWiper in Red Pen and writing "WHY?"

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Teratrain posted:

they're artisanal advertisements, for only the most refined consumers

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Goatse is also an artis anal advertisement

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1727218454694949213?t=UCVp6Yw-GlD92LxvJL2iMQ&s=19

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I was googling about single wiper cars because I know it's mostly a thing in racing, but the first link was an r/cybertruck post defending it by using lamborghini and koenigsegg as their big examples

like there's a very big difference in applications here. you're not daily driving a koengsegg. you're probably not driving a lambo in the snow

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

19 o'clock posted:

lol that’s awful haha

Once again they forget that winter exists, so when this football field sized windshield has 6 inches of snow on it, the wiper pushes it down towards the frunk instead of up and off to the side

Still love the car truck though

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

and what are those things elon

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

morningdrew posted:

Once again they forget that winter exists, so when this football field sized windshield has 6 inches of snow on it, the wiper pushes it down towards the frunk instead of up and off to the side

Still love the car truck though

they will sell the tri motor edition in snowy climates since a full drivetrain motor will be needed to provide enough torque to clear the snow off

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
just apply electricity directly to the stainless steel panels to heat them up and melt the snow, duh

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1727296011721380311

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

just apply electricity directly to the stainless steel panels to heat them up and melt the snow, duh

When the truck is all rusted out from road salt the electricity won't operate at optimum voltage