Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Take it to the fan thread pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

dodgeblan posted:

cody was great and he made his opponents great. Last time malakai mattered

LOL this thread has gone crazy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
no way all the cool and funny people from the pool place are posting here

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly inevitable that we would schism over people hating AEW for the wrong reasons like not retaining Cody

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

smarxist posted:

no way all the cool and funny people from the pool place are posting here

the pool of styx??

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Gumball Gumption posted:

Honestly inevitable that we would schism over people hating AEW for the wrong reasons like not retaining Cody

the thread that burns twice as bright burns half as long :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

dodgeblan posted:

Continuing to feud with Cody for several hundred years after he squashed him is exactly what made Malakai stop mattering and also it's pretty much the exact point that the crowds started getting sick of Cody's bullshit.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

forkboy84 posted:

LOL this thread has gone crazy

Last Saturday I watched a one legged man win a rear end kicking competition, nothing makes sense and there is no meaning, American Top Team just needed more time to cook, poo poo in your Thanksgiving turkey this Thursday.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

dodgeblan posted:

this thread is for actual takes

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i think cody had a dumb brain for booking but i'd give up most AEW stars to have him back. he was the only EVP that did anything even remotely EVPish

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

also the codyverse was mostly bad but not as bad as the jerichoverse or whatever we're calling the mjf crap

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i think cody had a dumb brain for booking but i'd give up most AEW stars to have him back. he was the only EVP that did anything even remotely EVPish

His TV was what we had to suffer through in exchange for being the best locker room leader in the business. So many things changed after he left.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

also the codyverse was mostly bad but not as bad as the jerichoverse or whatever we're calling the mjf crap

Maybe the Tonyverse was always bad?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Cody saved us from Warhorse getting a graphic

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

On reflection I would have to agree, nothing the other guys have done has been half as entertaining as Cody getting a boot to the head while beginning what was meant to be a moving speech, or Glock Anderson

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

On reflection I would have to agree, nothing the other guys have done has been half as entertaining as Cody getting a boot to the head while beginning what was meant to be a moving speech, or Glock Anderson

in my head: the codyverse was like bad WCW where we'll always remember and laugh about it. jericho and mjf's bad stuff is like bad WWE where you forget about it 6 months after it happened.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I have a feeling if Cody was around the descent into pure sports entertainment would have happened quicker as we had both MJF and thr Codyverse. Even if they were feuding they'd still double the time

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i took a poo poo and it was aew

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I have a feeling if Cody was around the descent into pure sports entertainment would have happened quicker as we had both MJF and thr Codyverse. Even if they were feuding they'd still double the time

i definitely think he needed to leave when he did, but i hope he comes back and saves the company before its too late

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

With more WWE-lite poo poo?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

With sincerity.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

AEW would be so much better if they made me the booker

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I agree

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I miss the days when AEW's greatest non-Cody related sins were that every single wrestler interview was instantly interrupted by the heels before the face had time to answer a single question.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
aew dark
aew dark elevation
being the elite

all dead

:smith:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ded posted:

aew dark
aew dark elevation
being the elite

all dead

:smith:

good, they all sucked

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fez_machine posted:

lol already deep into the making poo poo up and goon illiteracy parts of a hate thread

What do you mean by this ?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it says they made some poo poo up, and you don't know how to read!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What do you mean by this ?

In order for hate threads to get the juice they need goons tend to either make poo poo up or grossly misread the text of the thing they're talking about like

Misreading the text of AEW so badly as to say this about MJF, the wrestler who has done showbiz songs and outright stated "I hate the wrestling part of wrestling and will do as little of it as possible".

fawning deference posted:

"the wrestler who hates the showbiz elements of wrestling."

Making poo poo up

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s Tony’s attempt to punish Danielson for daring to work NJPW

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The tournament is mostly just a cudgel to use against the fanbase not into AEW becoming WWE-lite/TNA. Who cares?

The C2 is clearly a good faith attempt (not matter how TK spoke at the press conference) at satisfying both Danielson's desire to do a G1 before he retires without actually losing him for a month and the fans feeling alienated from AEW's pivot to showcasing Sports Entertainment at a forefront. I don't think it'll be executed well but that's on AEW's dysfunctions not on its intentions.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

uh huh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Making poo poo up

This was a joke OP.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When will your campaign of lies and deceit end 😔

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

When will your campaign of lies and deceit end 😔

when tony khan starts booking good aew shows again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

aka NEVER!!!!! :hehe:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
How come Tony never tells the people who love the ADAM skits to put their money where their mouth is :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fez_machine posted:

The C2 is clearly a good faith attempt (not matter how TK spoke at the press conference) at satisfying both Danielson's desire to do a G1 before he retires without actually losing him for a month and the fans feeling alienated from AEW's pivot to showcasing Sports Entertainment at a forefront. I don't think it'll be executed well but that's on AEW's dysfunctions not on its intentions.

It was announced 11 days before it started, the prize is some extremely murky midcard title that if it's anything like the titles it's made up of, is going to be tied to two streaming service exclusive shows that nobody watches (except contradictorally, it's also really loving weird that the RoH World Championship, a title with 20 years of history is about to just be gone), and we don't even know the field and it starts today. I'm one of those people you're talking about and I don't consider it a good faith attempt to genuinely satisfy fans like me, even before but especially after Khan's comments, which absolutely do matter. At best, it's a haphazard attempt at placation, in which case....cool? I get to watch Bryan vs. Eddie and Bryan vs. Andrade at least (two matches that I've already seen with clean finishes, but whatever) and then what? I got four weeks of actual pro wrestling on this pro wrestling show, so I should shut up until next November? At worst, it's a situation where they promoted it like poo poo on purpose, so when nobody watches it, they can go "oh, well, we tried, nobody cared, more kangaroo kicks it is!"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

we have to let tony cook

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

fez_machine posted:

"It doesn't matter that Tony's comments have an oddly hostile tone towards the people that are dissatisfied with the current product, because he clearly means well"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Becoming a 2017 "once Papa H takes the reins it'll all be great" guy but for bryan danielson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Everything Fez said is wrong but it is cringe if the money comment made you feel anything inside.