Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

young cucks you can’t beat us you’re laughable

Tato posted:

Eddie Kingston looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his lovely gear in front of the EVPs. Very very disrespectful.

since the freakin main threads have become a hug box for the Accept Effluent Wrestling crowd, here’s THE new hot space to post in with all your AEW qualms.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’ll start: there’s too many drat belts

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They should fire your favorite wrestler and put out a mean tweet about it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

They should fire your favorite wrestler and put out a mean tweet about it

they already did 😔

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

my aew hell statement: i wasnt happy when the last few one night manias started knocking on 7 hours and its not good when aew does it either!!!

If you put matches and the single biggest angle of the night on the preshow it's just the show! Too long! Too long!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They just did a death match without a single light tube or knife board spot, amateur PG poo poo for babies

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

All the sports entertainment poo poo stinks of trying to court WWE viewers, but they're just going to watch WWE! TK is basically doing the wrestling version of a Democrat ignoring their base to try and nab "moderate" Republicans

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

We used to cheer when a skull throne got destroyed.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
not enough blood anymore. last night full filled the quota tho

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

AEW stop signing wrestlers I like watching you freaking bums :mad:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

ROH is a parasitic entity sucking out all of TK's good brain juice. The moment he bought it is when the magic disappeared.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I will admit, as a dumb guy, ospreay being the big surprise debut was a little u derwhelming since he has been on like 3 of the last 4 ppvs and several weeklies too. Its like "He's already here"

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

neoaxd posted:

ROH is a parasitic entity sucking out all of TK's good brain juice. The moment he bought it is when the magic disappeared.

Half of Dynamite and Rampage turning into a ROH TV show pitch was some real bad television.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I will admit, as a dumb guy, ospreay being the big surprise debut was a little u derwhelming since he has been on like 3 of the last 4 ppvs and several weeklies too. Its like "He's already here"

I initially thought it was Ibushi coming out lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

remember when they spent like half a bill on a game nobody played lol

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
they promised me no mercy and we didn't even get WWE All-Stars

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They haven’t brought in The Dudley Boyz yet 😔

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
remember literally a year ago when the mock sports entertainers were a major heel group whose whole purpose was to mock WWE poo poo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kenny showing off AEW Fight Forever gameplay for the first time

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Punch McLightning posted:

remember literally a year ago when the mock sports entertainers were a major heel group whose whole purpose was to mock WWE poo poo

Yes, and they won

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Every PPV feels like a marathon and I'm so tired afterward, I can't imagine what they must be like in person. There are too many belts but having so many defenses makes everything feel like every ppv is supposed to be the most extremely spectacular thing of all and when a match falls flat, it falls flatter than it would if it were just a lower-key event.

Which is not saying AEW can't do this forever, it's just a lot. I also really prefer them doing quarterly ppvs if they're going to keep to this level.

MJF getting booked like this is making me ever so very sad because I love his stupid, stupid face and please give me tasty, tasty betrayal from Adam Cole soon.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

NienNunb posted:

laughed irl

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I am here for the bitching and moaning megathread

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I love to complain and am unbothered by anyone complaining about things I like. Let’s roll

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Main event match itself was fine, angle around it was mjf trying to write a dollar store version of a 1997 stone cold Steve Austin angle for himself and the whole “mjf isn’t cleared but somehow the guy in crutches and in a boot is” bit was a bit too much for me

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Got a lot of complaints and lil’ stinker takes but this MJF face world champion run is bad enough that it fully killed my interest in watching.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

post hole digger posted:

Main event match itself was fine, angle around it was mjf trying to write a dollar store version of a 1997 stone cold Steve Austin angle for himself and the whole “mjf isn’t cleared but somehow the guy in crutches and in a boot is” bit was a bit too much for me

It's the bloodline, op

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hate this f*ckin company with my life

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

tfw you've even lost the inmates...

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJF sounds like a criminal that’s finally been broken by interrogation on that press conference. It’s as unhinged as the Punk one.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don’t watch that bs

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
The angles around the main event last night were pretty frustrating but I still generally like AEW and will keep watching that slop, though I might not pay as much attention to MJF stuff for a bit. I think he's basically fine. I'm now back to my original opinion of that Adam Cole is the real stinky part.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s as unhinged as the Punk one.

hrm

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CM Punk was a test for this company and they failed it like a dog!!

Hardly anyone in the locker room actually cares about the company succeeding, like maybe 5 guys do tops. The rest are more concerned about their own spot, collecting a steady paycheck, or running back to the fed the first chance they get.

Tony hosed himself when he put Elite in the name of the company because then he had to fork over boat loads of cash to the checked out Young Bucks to avoid being embarrassed by them leaving. As if they'd actually go to WWE and be anywhere near on Cody's level. They'd have a couple matches with The Usos and Sami/Kevin and then WWE wouldn't know what to do with em. You hear lots of stories about who backstage is influential in helping the younger talent, spending time with the younger talent and I've never heard the young bucks mentioned not even once lol. Waste of $$$$$$. If it were me, I'd give both their salaries to Cody to get him back.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

to be fair, why should independent contractors care about some billionaire money mark’s pet project succeeding????

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

to be fair, why should independent contractors care about some billionaire money mark’s pet project succeeding????

cuz for 90% of them it means going back to the independents getting hepatitis if this crap fails! shoulda played college volleyball if they wanted to be wwe superstars

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They should get real jobs like painter

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony Khan is a psycho who has somehow killed every best indie tag team of the last ten years. We do not talk enough about how many good teams came to AEW to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Which ones