Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Clerical Terrors posted:

Ah well, anyways.

Yeetskrt.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
My main memory of the Star Wars prequels was that they were the first time I had the revelation that, just because people around me say I would like a piece of media, doesn't mean I actually do. It's not even necessarily that they were bad (I don't think I was nearly critical enough to know what 'a bad movie' was at that point), just that I didn't find any of what it was doing all that interesting.

In retrospect, my flaw is that I was a Star Trek kid that for some reason just never saw Star Trek until I was an adult, so I was constantly disappointed by all the sci-fi I was watching and playing never doing the stuff I wanted to see them do.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DZKwCVKneg

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Clerical Terrors posted:

Ah well, anyways.

I'm imagining it, it's hilarious.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Clerical Terrors posted:

Ah well, anyways.

I would simply neutralize the baby with my CQC skills and pull the parachute myself

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Clerical Terrors posted:

Ah well, anyways.

That baby's got bad vibes

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I taught my wife about jizz music and the brief controversy when everyone thought they were renaming it jatz rather than those being two distinct genres

for some reason she has stayed married to me

so anyways Is Jizz Still Canon?!
Jizz Canon is my Jedi name

Wanna see my extended universe? It's Goatse

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

RatHat posted:

I would simply neutralize the baby with my CQC skills and pull the parachute myself

It's this. How the gently caress is the baby going to stop me from pulling the ripcord? We're close enough that I can hear them over the wind, after all.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GreenMetalSun posted:

It's this. How the gently caress is the baby going to stop me from pulling the ripcord? We're close enough that I can hear them over the wind, after all.
You want to get /closer/ to the talking infant spouting religious propaganda?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
context: this specific guy in Manhattan walks around being insanely lovely to random food cart vendors he thinks are Arabic, telling them some over the top racist and Islamophobic poo poo, and he's bad enough and persistent enough that there are several videos of him behaving like this in broad daylight that have circulated widely on social media yadda yadda
https://twitter.com/GwansunRyu/status/1727186586188775494

you'll never guess what he did for a living

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/22/ex-us-diplomat-goes-on-islamophobic-rant-wishes-more-dead-palestinian-kids
"Seldowitz reportedly had a distinguished career with the State Department. He also served on the National Security Council’s South Asia Directorate under then-President Barack Obama and went on to become foreign affairs chair at New York lobbying firm Gotham Government Relations, according to a 2022 press release from the company."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

context: this specific guy in Manhattan walks around being insanely lovely to random food cart vendors he thinks are Arabic, telling them some over the top racist and Islamophobic poo poo, and he's bad enough and persistent enough that there are several videos of him behaving like this in broad daylight that have circulated widely on social media yadda yadda

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/22/ex-us-diplomat-goes-on-islamophobic-rant-wishes-more-dead-palestinian-kids
"Seldowitz reportedly had a distinguished career with the State Department. He also served on the National Security Council’s South Asia Directorate under then-President Barack Obama and went on to become foreign affairs chair at New York lobbying firm Gotham Government Relations, according to a 2022 press release from the company."

Funniest part of his response is that he claims he argues with this guy all the time.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

again not a comment on the politics of the matter but of all people you would think should Know Better, THIS fuckin guy :shrug:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Clerical Terrors posted:

Ah well, anyways.

This guy is funny because I could totally see him being a true believer making a bad faith argument or a decent troll. He's had a few others; I think one was a baby being strapped to a nuclear bomb?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Flesh Forge posted:

You missed the worst quote: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/22/ex-us-diplomat-goes-on-islamophobic-rant-wishes-more-dead-palestinian-kids

Obama Guy posted:

‘If we killed 4,000 Palestinian kids, it wasn’t enough,’ says former diplomat Stuart Seldowitz to a halal cart vendor in one video.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Clerical Terrors posted:

Ah well, anyways.

I would convert the baby to atheism and get them into an accelerated learner program

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Isn't this what libs of TikTok does already? Just post what other people already shared?
https://twitter.com/ChayaRaichik10/status/1726982295536783641?t=ipT8wi4-p4svaJK79PTT3w&s=19

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

You missed the worst quote: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/22/ex-us-diplomat-goes-on-islamophobic-rant-wishes-more-dead-palestinian-kids

I didn't miss it but yeah that is a wildly lovely thing to say. Good thing this guy was never in charge of anything important huh

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Neito posted:

This guy is funny because I could totally see him being a true believer making a bad faith argument or a decent troll. He's had a few others; I think one was a baby being strapped to a nuclear bomb?

So was the bomb going to explode if you didn't convert or was the baby offering to disarm the bomb if you converted?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Panfilo posted:

Isn't this what libs of TikTok does already? Just post what other people already shared?
https://twitter.com/ChayaRaichik10/status/1726982295536783641?t=ipT8wi4-p4svaJK79PTT3w&s=19

I mean the big difference is mm reports on media outlets and lot boosts random people.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ambitious Spider posted:

I mean the big difference is mm reports on media outlets and lot boosts random people.

I mean if you count harassment and hate speech as boosting sure

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Cloacamazing! posted:

So was the bomb going to explode if you didn't convert or was the baby offering to disarm the bomb if you converted?

If memory serves the only way to disarm the bomb was to convert.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Neito posted:

There's SO MANY of these on Quora for some reason. I assume at this point it's become some sort of weird meme, but they're still incredible

Atheists, imagine you’re a famous baseball player and are about to hit the winning strike. Accidentally, the thrower tosses a Christian baby at you. Would you still hit the baby out of the stadium and win millions, or sacrifice the Christian baby?
Atheists, imagine you and a Christian baby are being mugged. The criminal is mad at the Christian baby and decides to shoot it. Suddenly, it cuts to slow motion and you’re able to jump in the way of the bullet. Would you save the Christian baby?
Atheists, imagine you can have one HUNDRED dollars, however, if you take the money, six Christians babies will die a slow, agonising death. Would you take the heaps of money, or save the Christian babies?
Atheists, imagine a Christian baby walks into your house and pulls his pants down and threatens to poop on your floor unless you accept Jesus as your lord and saviour. What would you do?
Atheists, imagine you and a Christian baby are trapped in an elevator when it begins to free fall from the top floor, and you only have one parachute. Will you use it yourself or let the Christian baby?
Atheists, imagine you and a Christian baby are running away from a giant octopus. There is only one trap door in front of you where one of you can fit. Would you go in or let the Christian baby go?

I like how the responses are a 50/50 split between smug "fly away troll" and credulous explanations that the MLB would probably call off the game if a pitcher tried to use a baby as a ball

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ambitious Spider posted:

a small variation on "binds but doesn't protect, vs protects but does not bind"

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I eat the Christian baby to gain all its powers.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ryanbomber posted:

There's SO MANY of these on Quora for some reason. I assume at this point it's become some sort of weird meme, but they're still incredible

Atheists, imagine you’re a famous baseball player and are about to hit the winning strike. Accidentally, the thrower tosses a Christian baby at you. Would you still hit the baby out of the stadium and win millions, or sacrifice the Christian baby?
Atheists, imagine you and a Christian baby are being mugged. The criminal is mad at the Christian baby and decides to shoot it. Suddenly, it cuts to slow motion and you’re able to jump in the way of the bullet. Would you save the Christian baby?
Atheists, imagine you can have one HUNDRED dollars, however, if you take the money, six Christians babies will die a slow, agonising death. Would you take the heaps of money, or save the Christian babies?
Atheists, imagine a Christian baby walks into your house and pulls his pants down and threatens to poop on your floor unless you accept Jesus as your lord and saviour. What would you do?
Atheists, imagine you and a Christian baby are trapped in an elevator when it begins to free fall from the top floor, and you only have one parachute. Will you use it yourself or let the Christian baby?
Atheists, imagine you and a Christian baby are running away from a giant octopus. There is only one trap door in front of you where one of you can fit. Would you go in or let the Christian baby go?

I like how the responses are a 50/50 split between smug "fly away troll" and credulous explanations that the MLB would probably call off the game if a pitcher tried to use a baby as a ball

If a pitcher was able to get a baby across home plate from an MLB mound then they'd be the most freakish athlete of all time.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

If a pitcher was able to get a baby across home plate from an MLB mound then they'd be the most freakish athlete of all time.

Plus, overhand throwing a baby into the strike zone would probably result in a dead baby before it even left the pitchers hand.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I like the one about parachuting in an elevator

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I bet randy johnson could do it

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I like one hundred dollars being referred to as "heaps of money".

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I want a TV show about the adventures of these Atheists and their Christian baby, they seem to be living a crazy life.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

tokin opposition posted:

I mean if you count harassment and hate speech as boosting sure

Well that’s exactly what I meant: exposing smaller accounts to harassment and bigotry.

Boosting probably not the best word but what I came up with at the time

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

SpacePig posted:

I like one hundred dollars being referred to as "heaps of money".

Look, Christian babies are doing the best they can in this economy, ok?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
ATHETITS you are randy johnson and a Christian babby is a bird

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Onward, Christian babies

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Ryanbomber posted:

For some people, it's important to clarify the rules of Major League Baseball whenever there is a chance. That's right, the comments are 50% dads.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Finally, a realistic scenario.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Atheists, imagine you're a 6'10" fireball throwing left handed pitcher. As you're in your windup, a CHRISTIAN BIRD flies into the flight path of the ball you're about to throw. Would you still throw the pitch and get on Sportscenter and baseball highlight reels for the next 22 years?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Splicer posted:

Jizz Canon is my Jedi name

Wanna see my extended universe? It's Goatse

The Something Awful Distended Universe

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I think you're all ignoring that the options are -

A: hit the baby with the bat and win millions

Or

B: Sacrifice the baby

There's no scenario where the baby is unharmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I've heard of spiritual armor but I think this is taking it a bit too far.