Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
What thread is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

What thread is this?

It says at the top of the page. Look there and you can find out which thread you’re in at any given time.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It's not ethnic cleansing to teach someone a second language, their rights and responsibilities under law and a new trade. There was never a suppression of the Uyghur language or culture. It was not traditionalism that was suppressed, but Salafism introduced by returning Uyghur foreign fighters from Afghanistan in the 80s when drug problems in Xinjiang were at their height.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's not ethnic cleansing to teach someone a second language, their rights and responsibilities under law and a new trade. There was never a suppression of the Uyghur language or culture. It was not traditionalism that was suppressed, but Salafism introduced by returning Uyghur foreign fighters from Afghanistan in the 80s when drug problems in Xinjiang were at their height.

There's literally an official policy of sinicization. China is doing population transfers of Han Chinese into Xinjiang and doing things like removing cultural elements like minarets from mosques. If that's not a suppression of culture I don't know what would be.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
China bad

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Do Russia next.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

NovemberMike posted:

There's literally an official policy of sinicization. China is doing population transfers of Han Chinese into Xinjiang and doing things like removing cultural elements like minarets from mosques. If that's not a suppression of culture I don't know what would be.

every Muslim can smell the bullshit whenever westerners crocodile tear cry over xinjiang, doing it in the Palestine thread during a active genocide though is extra snivelling and useless

Israel and america are bombing minarets off mosques with everybody still inside them, nobody cares about China right now

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

every Muslim can smell the bullshit whenever westerners crocodile tear cry over xinjiang, doing it in the Palestine thread during a active genocide though is extra snivelling and useless

Israel and america are bombing minarets off mosques with everybody still inside them, nobody cares about China right now

What the gently caress are you even trying to say? I'm not the one that brought up China, if you don't want people talking about them go to the people that actually started the conversation.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Talking about China and how it is relevant to Israel/Palestine and the current conflict is fine. Even general comments about China as an analogy or base of comparison to I/P are fine for the most part, as well. But detailed discussions specifically about China should go to the China thread.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

skipmyseashells posted:

What mosques is the US bombing?

The US isn't Israel. And opposing ethnic cleansing in Palestine doesn't give you a freebie to excuse it elsewhere even if China is doing it more with concentration camps than bombs.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The US providing bombs to Israel, and having John Kirby, Sabrina Singh, and company spout Israeli propaganda in response to criticism over how said bombs are used (while threatening anyone who tries to interfere, openly and directly), is not far from the US doing the bombing themselves.

Hell, even with Ukraine, it's specified that they can't use those weapons to attack Russia - :airquote: because of the implication :airquote: .

With Israel, no restrictions on how to use those weapons.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 22, 2023

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
https://twitter.com/RitchieTorres/status/1727377846652346389?t=iIz_egAlvcuLoOb7IDXGig&s=19

Now we're to the point where Israeli supporters are straight up denying basic, well documented parts of the Israeli security apparatus

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

"Israel is as fictional as Star Wars"

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

rscott posted:

https://twitter.com/RitchieTorres/status/1727377846652346389?t=iIz_egAlvcuLoOb7IDXGig&s=19

Now we're to the point where Israeli supporters are straight up denying basic, well documented parts of the Israeli security apparatus

Perhaps he's trying to say that Israel has their own SDI?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

rscott posted:

There was an interview with Ta-Nehisi Coates recently where he talked about running into open segregation when he traveled to the Occupied Territories, but I guess he’s also lying because Israel’s Greatest Cheerleader Ritchie Torres says so

(See the top comment on that dumb tweet)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Killer robot posted:

Momentum's been a big part of this too, Netanyahu riding the wave of popular rage among Israelis both to punish the Palestinians and to keep it from being directed at him instead. It's unlikely the Israeli right loses its appetite for bombing Palestinians while Palestinians continue to exist, but the "we can't stop now!" of the last month and a half of killing fades the moment it does stop. Doesn't guarantee that it won't continue or keep its intensity later, but that depends whether the anti-war people maintain enough pressure and take advantage of the time.

This is a good point, yeah. Impossible to say how different internal factions might react to this and if anyone thinks it's time to move against Bibi. I also have to imagine this will strengthen all the remaining hostage families because if Israel could get this 50 released, why not the rest? Plus the fact that negotiations have managed to get this done, whilst six weeks of intense warfare hasn't rescued a single one, has to be giving pause to at least a handful of people. I hope.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

The US providing bombs to Israel, and having John Kirby, Sabrina Singh, and company spout Israeli propaganda in response to criticism over how said bombs are used (while threatening anyone who tries to interfere, openly and directly), is not far from the US doing the bombing themselves.

Hell, even with Ukraine, it's specified that they can't use those weapons to attack Russia - :airquote: because of the implication :airquote: .

It's worth noting that the US is holding up some arms transfers in concern about the current events, including ones that Israel are actually paying for.

In particular, the US is holding up sales of rifles to Israel, for fear that Ben-Gvir is gonna use them to arm up settler pogroms. They've already negotiated a bunch of conditions on said sales for just that reason, but the sales are reportedly still being blocked out of concern that Ben-Gvir doesn't give a gently caress about the conditions and is just gonna do it anyway:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-said-to-delay-shipment-of-weapons-for-security-squads-due-to-ben-gvirs-conduct/

quote:

US said to delay shipment of weapons for security squads due to Ben Gvir’s conduct
Sale of 4,500 M-16 rifles on hold amid reports far-right minister conditioning their distribution on his presence at photo-ops and due to fears they’ll go to settlers

The United States has reportedly delayed a shipment of 4,500 M-16 rifles amid fears that the National Security Ministry led by far-right MK Itamar Ben Gvir is using them to arm settlers in the West Bank and is inappropriately distributing the weapons at political events.

The $13 million purchase from American suppliers was supposed to arm civilian security squads in towns throughout the country, The Marker business daily reported Tuesday. Ben Gvir has been arming the squads since the October 7 massacre, during which many of the towns targeted were not properly equipped to defend themselves from Hamas terrorists.

But Ben Gvir has made a point of turning the distribution of American-made weapons into political events, publishing photographs of himself with the newly armed security squads, and angering the US State Department in the process.

Last month, The Marker reported that the US had warned Israel that it would halt the weapon supplies if Ben Gvir did not cease politicizing their distribution.

Quiet negotiations were held between the countries, culminating in an agreement stipulating that the weapons would only be distributed by the IDF or the police and that they would not be given to Israelis beyond the Green Line amid an uptick in settler violence targeting Palestinians, the report said.

Israel also agreed that the civilian security squads would be designated as auxiliary forces of the police and would be required to don yellow vests so that they are clearly differentiated from the rest of the public.

But last week, Hebrew media reported that police were still conditioning the distribution of weapons to security squads on recipients agreeing to take part in a ceremony with Ben Gvir while the rifles were handed out.

Responding to The Marker’s report, Ben Gvir insisted in a statement that there was no delay in the shipment of M-16s from the US. “These are bureaucratic procedures that take a long time, often more than a year,” he said.

“The National Security Ministry has been working since the outbreak of the war to speed up the procedures and shorten the delivery time [for such weapons]. The shipment is expected to be sent to Israel in the coming weeks,” he claimed.

However, The Marker reported that Ben Gvir’s office had actually instructed authorities to begin prioritizing local arms suppliers, including at the expense of existing contracts with suppliers abroad.

Accordingly, a shipment of rifles that was supposed to be sent to the Philippines was canceled and is being re-purposed for use by the defense establishment, the report said.

The delayed shipment of 4,500 M-16s also raises concern that an even larger shipment of 15,000 rifles from the US ordered by the National Security Ministry will also be placed on hold.

Since the war, roughly 7,000 long rifles have been distributed to civilian security squads across the country, according to the report.

Ben Gvir’s policy has faced pushback from some civil society groups that argue that further arming the public will not contribute to security and risks an increase in domestic violence incidents.

The Tuesday report came days after US President Joe Biden threatened for the first time to issue visa bans against the perpetrators of settler violence against Palestinians in the West Bank, which has spiked since the beginning of the war.

As many as seven Palestinians have been killed by extremist settlers, although the circumstances of some of those incidents are not clear and an exact determination as to whether these individuals were killed by gunfire from settlers or Israeli security forces has not been possible.

According to the left-wing Yesh Din rights group, there have been more than 185 settler attacks against Palestinians in over 84 towns and villages around the territory since October 7.

“I have been emphatic with Israel’s leaders that extremist violence against Palestinians in the West Bank must stop and that those committing the violence must be held accountable,” Biden wrote in a Washington Post op-ed. “The United States is prepared to take our own steps, including issuing visa bans against extremists attacking civilians in the West Bank.”

US State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller said Monday that the Biden administration is considering additional steps to address the ongoing phenomenon, which has seen a major increase since the outbreak of the Israel-Hamas war.

Miller said during a press briefing that if the Israeli government starts taking steps to hold violent settlers who have been targeting Palestinians accountable, “that’s certainly something we would welcome… and [take] into account [as we consider] what kind of [further] actions we might take.”

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I just don't understand why that is their red line, but carpet-bombing Gaza with US made bombs is A-OK.

I 100% agree that the settler violence needs to stop, but it's just such a small issue compared to the tons and tons of innocents being killed in Gaza daily.

It is also being reported that the hostage exchange won't begin until Friday

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1727442649979007361?s=20

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

FlamingLiberal posted:

I just don't understand why that is their red line, but carpet-bombing Gaza with US made bombs is A-OK.

I 100% agree that the settler violence needs to stop, but it's just such a small issue compared to the tons and tons of innocents being killed in Gaza daily.

From what I've been seeing, people who really want to ignore Palestine are using it as evidence that Biden is fairly responding to criticism, and reporters are highlighting his settler criticism while ignoring the rest of the op-ed where he says he will continue to oppose any attempt at halting Israel's Gaza campaign.

I can only assume it is a carefully triangulated bare minimum response to distract from his actual position.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Maybe it's the belief that state violence is inherently better than subcontracted state violence.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I don't think it's that hard, even if we accept the framing that the Biden admin doesn't care at all about Gaza civilians (which I think is iffy given current info on the temporary ceasefire). The US dislikes Hamas and also dislikes the Oct 7 raid, and has to at least act like Israeli retaliation is somewhat justified due in part to domestic political reasons.

The US' explicitly preferred outcome remains a PA administration in Gaza, the PA was very obviously uninvolved in the raid, and the settlers in the West Bank have been horrible monsters for decades who constantly embarrass the US with one atrocity or other. Of course even the more realpolitik factions of the US government want the settlers to knock it off.

Josef bugman posted:

Maybe it's the belief that state violence is inherently better than subcontracted state violence.

I mean, it kinda is, but I very much doubt that's the main or conscious reason

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 23, 2023

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, the important thing is that the US State Department is trying to treat Gaza as a discrete entity to the West Bank, with everything Israel does there being justified because it's run by a hostile government who committed an act of war against them. Using that war money to commit pogroms against a nominally neutral 'country' (we'll skip the giant can-o-worms that is the statehood of the West Bank) who are supposed to be taking over Gaza once the dust settles is no bueno.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I don't think it's that hard, even if we accept the framing that the Biden admin doesn't care at all about Gaza civilians (which I think is iffy given current info on the temporary ceasefire). The US dislikes Hamas and also dislikes the Oct 7 raid, and has to at least act like Israeli retaliation is somewhat justified due in part to domestic political reasons.

The US' explicitly preferred outcome remains a PA administration in Gaza, the PA was very obviously uninvolved in the raid, and the settlers in the West Bank have been horrible monsters for decades who constantly embarrass the US with one atrocity or other. Of course even the more realpolitik factions of the US government want the settlers to knock it off.

I mean, it kinda is, but I very much doubt that's the main or conscious reason

Biden, more than the 'Biden administration' as a whole, is the primary driver of the exceptionally unconditioned support of Israel. That is his personal thing and it has been for ages. Other parts of the Biden administration have a range of feelings wrt what is happening, but they aren't the ones setting policy. Sullivan knows gently caress all about the region and is basically a wet rag in terms of directing policy in a way that might go against Biden (hell he infamously had his 5000 word essay on the region set to be published shortly after the attack in which he expounded on how the region was the quietest it has been in decades). Blinken makes some of the right noises about humanitarian stuff but has not been pushing for it in the way that the US can when it actually wants to make something happen. He spent 6 weeks chirping about a humanitarian pause before anything actually happened.

quote:

Of course even the more realpolitik factions of the US government want the settlers to knock it off.

What are you basing this statement on and who are you referring to as 'realpolitik factions of the US government.' There's virtually zero pressure to this effect and the only thing that has come up recently was the US blocking a transfer of small arms that it expects will be distributed to death squads ahem Israeli civilian vigilante patrols that are already murdering multiple Palestinians every week. I promise you that this is not what the US applying significant pressure looks like.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 23, 2023

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

Ukraine can't use its weapons to attack Russia because Russia has nuclear weapons. Hamas does not.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

It is also being reported that the hostage exchange won't begin until Friday

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1727442649979007361?s=20

"A professional military causing some unfortunate collateral damage while crushing the unforgivably monstrous terrorist insurgents in a civilian area" is a framing that American authorities fundamentally accept as legitimate. After all, they used the same story quite a bit themselves in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Israeli bodycount is certainly higher than usual for something like that, but American leaders fundamentally trust the Israeli authorities to be honest and have good intentions, and are willing to write that off as careless mistakes. That may sound ridiculous, but the US managed to accidentally (or "accidentally") bomb a few hospitals too back in the War on Terror era. As long as Israel at least tries to maintain the pretense that they're solely targeting Hamas, top US leaders will let a lot of dead civilians slide, and Bibi and Gantz have a lot of practice at telling Americans what they expect to hear.

On the other hand, Ben-Gvir barely even pretends his plans to arm the settlers are merely about self-defense and stopping terrorists. And even if he pretends, I'm not sure anyone would believe him - he's so openly racist that even the IDF refused to give him a gun, a rare accomplishment indeed. Moreover, his insistence that the PA are all terrorists that need to be destroyed is completely at odds with the US view that the PA are the good peaceful partner who should be placed in control of Gaza. On top of that, the US disapproves of the settlements (though not to the point of really doing anything about them) and regards them as an obstacle to peace. A bunch of random-rear end settler civilians from illegal settlements randomly taking potshots at Palestinians doesn't have even the slightest appearance of legitimacy, and the US doesn't want him pointlessly stirring up the West Bank.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Ukraine can't use its weapons to attack Russia because Russia has nuclear weapons. Hamas does not.

Hamas isn’t a army or nation, why would they have nuclear weapons

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/IChotiner/status/1727460877946036313?t=k46ZGL2kZZvB8Shu1Cfkxw&s=19

A truly deranged interview with the head of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that I was surprised even got printed.

This is the part that stuck out to me

quote:

Senator, you know as well as I do that Israel has hardly been generous with humanitarian assistance. You say that we have been asking them to do more, but why wouldn’t they just do this on their own? And then you have the statements from numerous Israeli leaders conflating Hamas members and Palestinian civilians, which has been happening at the highest levels of the Israeli government. That maybe suggests that we should be concerned about this, no?

------‐

Well, absolutely. But again, go back to October 7th. And what happens—human nature as such—when you see the brutality and the depravity that was struck on Israel, the natural response is going to be anger. And anger is going to seek revenge. That’s normal. What we tried to do in working with their leaders is to direct that to a much more strategic response, to deal with the enemy, Hamas, and to recognize that we have to do it in a way that provides safe passage and humanitarian needs for so many Palestinians who have been displaced. So, we’ll look back one day and see whether it could have been done more effectively in protecting human life.

Which implies that despite all the talk about civilians and human shields, in reality the US had to step in to get them to even try to target Hamas rather than just shelling anyone they could find.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 23, 2023

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I talked to one of my friends today who is both someone I absolutely trust, and is not a very political person in general. His benevolently naive take was "all these loving assholes on both sides need to stop killing each other, and the solution is one secular country where everyone gets the same rights and religion is prohibited from interacting with the law in any way."

He's right. Without being a student of Raz Segal or Ilan Pappe or any of the other exceptionally studied people on either side of the conflict, he arrived at the same conclusion. It should be the mission of the international community to see it done, and we need to stop pretending there's another solution or a better solution.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Another video with tunnels under Al Shifa.

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1727409278636478519

There's still nothing that would point towards a secret underground command centre, but at the same time, if it was just a bomb shelter, surely there would have been a statement from hospital staff or board about it being there ahead of time. And I suppose they would also be actively in use considering all the bombings. The AC in one of the rooms looks like at least a somewhat recent addition, so if Israel built it back in the 80s, there have been some renovations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Paladinus posted:

There's still nothing that would point towards a secret underground command centre, but at the same time, if it was just a bomb shelter, surely there would have been a statement from hospital staff or board about it being there ahead of time. And I suppose they would also be actively in use considering all the bombings. The AC in one of the rooms looks like at least a somewhat recent addition, so if Israel built it back in the 80s, there have been some renovations.

The Eighties Israeli development was specifically a military command centre, as multiple media sources have acknowledged. So if this place ends up looking like an old Soviet bunker, that's why.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the IDF adopting a 'snappy comback' tone in tweets while they're levelling an entire city full of people really screams "boy we're gigantic fuckheads"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

Which implies that despite all the talk about civilians and human shields, in reality the US had to step in to get them to even try to target Hamas rather than just shelling anyone they could find.
I really don't know how they can tell the difference

Has anyone asked US officials if they feel like bakeries are legitimate military targets? Because the IDF sure seems good at bombing those.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Well if there really is a tunnel under that hospital then I guess that really justifies bombing an entire city and causing the death of 16'000 people in 4 weeks, almost half of them children.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

go play outside Skyler posted:

Well if there really is a tunnel under that hospital then I guess that really justifies bombing an entire city and causing the death of 16'000 people in 4 weeks, almost half of them children.

The bombing didn't even effect the tunnels! Which, you know, is the point of tunnels/bunkers. Any bombing was completely useless from the standpoint of actually effecting the defensive network they are using to justify the bombing. Its loving madness.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gully Foyle posted:

The bombing didn't even effect the tunnels! Which, you know, is the point of tunnels/bunkers. Any bombing was completely useless from the standpoint of actually effecting the defensive network they are using to justify the bombing. Its loving madness.

Well, it did affect the tunnels. After all, there's nobody in that particular tunnel now, and the IDF controls it instead of Hamas. So it all worked out as expected, there was no other way to do it, and now that the method's proved its effectiveness they are going to do the same thing even more.

My only hope is that the ceasefire somehow calms things down and Israel won't just switch to bombing the other half of Gaza.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
But... That's not one of Hamas' tunnels? The contention is that it was but it seems more likely that it is, in fact, the tunnel that Israel built under the hospital complex back in the 80s.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Doesn't matter, just as we moved from bombing Al-ahli was good to bombing Al-ahli was a Hamas/PIJ false flag misfire to bombing every other hospital is good because they are atop Hamas tunnel fortresses, it's going to evolve from there are *the* Hamas tunnels to this was a temporary Hamas base that we had to destroy a hospital for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Office_for_South_Vietnam

And if you're wondering why the fixation on this as *the* Hamas megabase, let's refer to the old "Bamboo Pentagon" during the Vietnam war that the US was convinced could be destroyed to break the back of the VC resistance. It's certainly far more mobile and decentralized than what the American empire would do. So it would obviously never be worth the expenditure in attacking such a confabulated location, losing men and materiel to ambushes, and expending global goodwill as you murder doctors and patients in a horrendous war crime.

It is the kind of thing that can only exist via intelligence gleaned from torture.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Josef bugman posted:

But... That's not one of Hamas' tunnels? The contention is that it was but it seems more likely that it is, in fact, the tunnel that Israel built under the hospital complex back in the 80s.
Supposedly that type of construction is indicative of Hamas tunnels:

https://twitter.com/muhammadshehad2/status/1726358925493301518

But same guy says that tunnel was probably built by Israel in the 80's so I dunno.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

The Eighties Israeli development was specifically a military command centre, as multiple media sources have acknowledged. So if this place ends up looking like an old Soviet bunker, that's why.
Have you got a source on that? Last time we were talking about this everyone was talking about the tunnels like they were part of the hospital infrastructure, and I have not seen any actual source go into detail on what they were or why they would look exactly like Hamas tunnels built over the past 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

OneEightHundred posted:

But same guy says that tunnel was probably built by Israel in the 80's so I dunno.

This argument makes zero sense to me and I have yet to see or find any claim about Israel making military/smuggling tunnels under the hospital made prior to this month. Why would Israel have possibly made a tunnel like that one? To false flag an organization that didn’t exist, 40 years later? It is very very obviously not a service tunnel for the hospital’s wiring or piping or whatever, and very clearly not a normal Israeli bomb shelter. Building a "military command center" under an area where you would expect the surface is almost entirely controlled by hostile forces also makes literally zero sense. Like oh great you can’t get resupply, don’t know where you can exit safely, and you’re working with 80s sensor tech and comms.

It doesn’t justify bombing hospitals or whatever but the claims that Israel built it seem to make about as much sense as claims that aliens built the pyramids.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 23, 2023