Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I bet you can convince some freeper that the whole civil war was a false flag operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

quote:

They are proud of their ignorance and hate.

Freep: They are proud of their ignorance and hate.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

quote:

To: Morgana
That jerk Carter left his wife to go INTO HOSPICE?>

What loving husband does that.

Plus, she just died, and he is out there looking for cameras.

Sit down, Jimmy.

26 posted on 11/19/2023, 6:01:51 PM by Maris Crane
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
This guy is probably allowed to drive

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

There's more egregious poo poo posted, sure. But this one hits especially hard to me because of the lack of basic common decency.

The Carters were humble, God-fearing Christians. Shouldn't they sympathize with that aspect at least on some level?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Humble? God-fearing? That sounds like loser talk.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I remember people comparing Carter favourably to the evil communists like Obama and the Clinton Crime Family when I was a kid. "Sure he sucked but he was but a nice christian farm boy."

Trump as a unique evil and not the expected outcome of GOP policy going back to at least the southern strategy is overblown. But one thing he definitely did is convince them they don't have to pretend at being nice any more. Now we've got the party of Are Troops giving a standing ovation when dear leader calls KIA veterans idiot losers. The good news is the anger is probably bad for their already questionable blood pressure.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Trump: loudly and blatantly opposite of everything the right claims to hold as an unshakable belief

"He's just God's imperfect vessel. Besides, who among us hasn't strayed?"

Carter: lived and lives a life devoted to service and charity in line with their supposedly shared religious creed

"What a communist. One term loser! Worst president I can remember!"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol. I have various issues with carter politically but alot of those i can stack up to how the times were and how a big majority of america was much much much more conservative then it is now. but lol at these chuds for doing genuine good work and being mostly a genuinly good man

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Getting mad about someone going into hospice is also a weird take.

"Can you imagine the nerve of that guy? He's attempting to leave his family by dying. If it were me, I would simply choose to never die."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

"Can you imagine the nerve of that guy? He's attempting to leave his family by dying. If it were me, I would simply choose to never die."

i mean both of them were probably in the same hospice room since they have decided to do it at home and jimmy lasted 9 more months. she was 96 he is 99. i doubt he wasnt beside her when she passed. like this dipshit just wants to be mad.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Yes and in the very next breath accuse him of being "out there looking for cameras"

drat libs always dying just for attention

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
If Carter were even a tenth the man that Trump is he'd put a big giant letter C on each of the habitat for humanity houses he helped build.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Earth surpasses critical 2-degree warming threshold, European climate officials say

quote:

To: Oldeconomybuyer

What part of we don’t believe them do they not understand?

2 posted on 11/20/2023, 10:30:01 PM by Da Coyote

quote:

Assuming any of this was true or real, which it is not, were we to stop everything today to prevent further warming, things would continue to warm. Just as we experience weather lag, where the warmest part and coldest part are not the middle of the day or night, there will be a lag in any larger trends too.

8 posted on 11/20/2023 2:32:58 PM PST by rey
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: rey

The Earth’s atmosphere contains 0.04% carbon dioxide.

Man is responsible for 3.4% of that 0.04%

The total amount of anthropogenic carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is therefore 0.0014%.

Completely eliminate man’s contribution and the Earth’s atmosphere still contains 0.04% CO2.

16 posted on 11/20/2023 2:36:59 PM PST by E. Pluribus Unum (The worst thing about censorship is █████ ██ ████ ████████ █ ███████ ████. FJB.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: E. Pluribus Unum

“Completely eliminate man’s contribution and the Earth’s atmosphere still contains 0.04% CO2.”

Yes, and then it really gets good. There is no causal correlation between CO2 amounts in the atmosphere and Global temperature. We’ve been much colder at times of much higher CO2.

99 posted on 11/20/2023 4:28:06 PM PST by SaxxonWoods (Successful People Have a Sense of Gratitude. Unsuccessful People Have a Sense of Entitlement)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies ]

quote:

The leftists tell us that we can save the planet if we all give up our freedoms, and half of us agree to be killed and the other half eat bugs, while our fearless leaders meanwhile will live and dine sumptuously, and fly around in CO2-spewing jets.

20 posted on 11/20/2023 2:37:23 PM PST by Carl Vehse
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

And still no proof of anything...that man caused this.

52 posted on 11/20/2023, 10:53:32 PM by Sacajaweau ( )

quote:

“2-degree warming threshold”

Really? Are they sure it isn’t 2.195 or 1.936? Exactly 2.000?

Nothing in nature comes out to nice round numbers. Round number are a sure sign of BS.

53 posted on 11/20/2023, 10:53:40 PM by beef (The pendulum will not swing back. It will snap back. Hard.)

quote:

I moved from Salt Lake City to Las Vegas. That’s probably a 20 degree (F) temperature increase, and I’ve suffered no ill effects.

60 posted on 11/20/2023, 11:03:20 PM by The people have spoken (Proud member of Hillary's basket of deplorables)

quote:

To: Governor Dinwiddie

Their wrongness is at least three layers deep:

1) Their claims about the temperature data are BS in the first place

2) Even if the warming is real, human activity isn’t the best explanation

3) Even if the warming is real and human activity is the cause, the net effect is actually beneficial. Life on Earth including human life thrives with warmer temps.

Our planet’s big problem isn’t too much CO2 in the atmosphere. It’s too many leftist control freaks in positions of power.

70 posted on 11/20/2023, 11:16:24 PM by Yardstick
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

quote:

Is there anything living on this planet that cannot withstand a 2 degree rise in temp? Then how do they handle the change in seasons?

72 posted on 11/20/2023, 11:22:40 PM by GrandJediMasterYoda (As long as Hillary Clinton remains free, the USA will never have equal justice under the law)

quote:

To: Deo volente

We stopped the COMING ICE AGE with CO2!

From POPULAR SCIENCE, Feb 1980..
PS/What’s News ....
page 73
Changing the weather intentionally or otherwise weather modification..(Earth cooling vs Greenhouse effect)

“Do you suppose we can learn enough, soon enough, to pull off a balancing act with the CO2 blanket saving us from another ice age?”

AND WE DID IT! Now we need a nuclear war with it’s nuclear winter to cool things off again.

Meanwhile I don’t see politicians living next to the oceans selling out and moving to higher ground.

76 posted on 11/20/2023, 11:26:37 PM by Ruy Dias de Bivar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

I would like to see the math for this one day. 5 quadrillion metric tons of atmosphere of which 0.04% is CO2 and then add what amount cars, factories ect. add to that then subtract the amount plants absorb and what amount escapes into space. I get the feeling if that math could be done what we contribute as compared to volcanoes, wildfires would be like peeing in the ocean and claiming it will turn the oceans yellow.

78 posted on 11/20/2023, 11:28:34 PM by GrandJediMasterYoda (As long as Hillary Clinton remains free, the USA will never have equal justice under the law)

quote:

Remember, folks. We need to start calling global warming what it is - a conspiracy theory. The left controls our language, and it’s time for us to start taking it back. Everything normal americans believe is called a ‘conspiracy theory’ which immediately ‘debunks’ anything we say. So let’s start calling their nutty stuff conspiracy theories too, because that’s what they are.

The left always accuses the right of what they themselvers are doing, just like the Russia hoax.

88 posted on 11/20/2023, 11:47:33 PM by imabadboy99

quote:

Drilling for oil extracts the heat. Once you stop drilling for oil, what did you think would happen?
Drill, baby, Drill!

95 posted on 11/21/2023, 12:18:47 AM by Fireone (Who killed Obama's chef?)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
It's the most wonderful week of the year for the Freep thread! I am so hyped for stories of angry dipshits spending Thanksgiving alone.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

quote:

Drilling for oil extracts the heat. Once you stop drilling for oil, what did you think would happen?
Drill, baby, Drill!

95 posted on 11/21/2023, 12:18:47 AM by Fireone (Who killed Obama's chef?)

What? Like, drilling for oil is some kind of heatsink? I am genuinely baffled by whatever stupidity is on display here

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Oil has lots of energy in it, if you leave it in the ground that energy is going to make the planet hot. :pseudo:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

mercenarynuker posted:

What? Like, drilling for oil is some kind of heatsink? I am genuinely baffled by whatever stupidity is on display here

They think that the earth's core will overheat and the planet will then explode? Best I got.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Newsmax literally did a segment on how to not argue with your family at Thanksgiving.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
gently caress #3, poo poo talking my dumbass cousins with my mom during family gatherings is one the cornerstones of our familial bond.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The usual neutral chit-chat subject was always "the weather" but with the political polarization around climate change, chuds have even ruined that as a topic.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like that fairly comprehensively encompasses all possible subjects of discussion other than like, particularly boring movies.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
ten-point list to remind yourself why you aren't allowed to see your grandkids unless you are on your best behaviour

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

davecrazy posted:

Newsmax literally did a segment on how to not argue with your family at Thanksgiving.

Or, just not go to dinner with/invite over your MAGA-hat wearing rear end in a top hat uncle in the first place. Been working great for years now in my family. If they so badly want to be shitheads screaming about deep state Soros antifa BLM super-predators coming to pollute the blood of our nation like vermin that they can't turn it off for even a few hours then gently caress them they can post on Freep about their bologna sandwich meals for the holiday. I only got one life to live and I ain't doing it tap dancing around loud mouthed, bigoted, hateful assholes anymore.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like that fairly comprehensively encompasses all possible subjects of discussion other than like, particularly boring movies.

It's missing my #1 Thanksgiving conversation for the last 10 years:

"You still don't have kids?"

- Yes.

"You still don't want kids?

- Yes.

"Are you sure?"

- Yes.

"You don't want to give her parents grandbabies?"

- Nope.

"You're really sure?"

- Yes. She's up past the age where down syndrome or complications become more common anyway.

"You know you can adopt?"

- We don't want to.

"Well, just remember that the Jewish people were nearly wiped out several times in history and the culture is still shrinking..."

- I'll remember.

"Okay, I'll check in next year. Do you want me to send you some information about adopting? It's also a lot safer now with science to have kids later."

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It’s your duty to repopulate after the horrors of the holocaust is certainly a guilt trip.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

Or, just not go to dinner with/invite over your MAGA-hat wearing rear end in a top hat uncle in the first place. Been working great for years now in my family. If they so badly want to be shitheads screaming about deep state Soros antifa BLM super-predators coming to pollute the blood of our nation like vermin that they can't turn it off for even a few hours then gently caress them they can post on Freep about their bologna sandwich meals for the holiday. I only got one life to live and I ain't doing it tap dancing around loud mouthed, bigoted, hateful assholes anymore.

Since this was on NewsMax the context was more likely “how not to get permantly disinvited from family functions.”

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

davecrazy posted:

It’s your duty to repopulate after the horrors of the holocaust is certainly a guilt trip.

That's called having Jewish aunts and grandmas. Not giving your family grandkids is the single cruelest thing you can do to them and they can't figure out why you would do that.

Also, "I just wanted to remind you that those delivery fees are just a waste of money and you could make that sandwich by yourself really, so all that money you're wasting could go to charity or your savings. I'm not saying you have to do that, but just think about it. If you don't eat all of it, then think about the people who are starving who would love that thing you overpaid for and then threw away. Just something to think about."

This pretty much sums up most holidays and parties with your older relatives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLNa-ocdryY

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Also, "I just wanted to remind you that those delivery fees are just a waste of money and you could make that sandwich by yourself really, so all that money you're wasting could go to charity or your savings. I'm not saying you have to do that, but just think about it. If you don't eat all of it, then think about the people who are starving who would love that thing you overpaid for and then threw away. Just something to think about."

This pretty much sums up most holidays and parties with your older relatives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLNa-ocdryY

that just sounds like my mom.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
MORNING JOE: "In a 2nd term, Trump will imprison, he will execute whoever he is allowed to imprison, execute, drive from the country. Just look at his past. It’s not really hard to read"

quote:

To: Macho MAGA Man

That is exactly what needs to happen, down to school board members and local antifa

24 posted on 11/21/2023, 3:46:02 PM by Captainpaintball (America needs a Conservative DICTATOR if it hopes to survive. )

quote:

To: pgyanke

Let’s focus on the words “allowed to.” What would allow him to do these things? The Constitution.

If Trump prosecutes treason, murder, pedophilia, human trafficking, fraud, and a host of other crimes we see being committed around us on a daily basis... how is this not a good thing? How would this not be upholding the Constitution?

27 posted on 11/21/2023, 3:47:52 PM by tet68 ( " We would not die in that man's company, that fears his fellowship to die with us...." Henry V.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

Memo to Banjo Boy: You are NOT going to escape the punishment headed your way.

You may try to flee to another country with your adulterous wife (ala Mussolini and Clara Petacci) but you will fail.

Nothing in creation is going to prevent the ultimate pain and suffering entering your anal cavity. You have 13 months at most to get a lifetime supply of Preparation H. The clock is ticking and the executioner awaits. /spit

36 posted on 11/21/2023, 3:51:49 PM by Flavious_Maximus (Tony Fauci will be put on death row and die of COVID!)

quote:

I can hope he does at least some of these things. Right?

40 posted on 11/21/2023, 3:55:06 PM by HYPOCRACY (This is the dystopian future we've been waiting for!)

quote:

To: wny

Let’s go to AL SHARPTON(Known JEW Hater) for his thoughts...

This is TWIGHLIGHT ZONE stuff.

46 posted on 11/21/2023, 3:59:52 PM by LeonardFMason
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Why Do0nald is just what the doctor ordered to restore the health that this nation, that is literally at death’s door, desperately needs. Obama and his puppet Buyin have ripped this nation and its constitution to shreds using it as toilet paper to wipe the diarrhea flowing rear end of the scaly pedophilic minded disaster.

A Chinese pox upon these two criminals.

48 posted on 11/21/2023, 4:00:08 PM by ABStrauss (I miss Rush! )

quote:

I wish Trump would do all those things including the executions. It would be a good start, but there will still be too many entrenched democrats, rhinos, deep staters and stupid woke left azzhole voters for him to accomplish much. Don’t expect much and you wont be disappointed.

57 posted on 11/21/2023, 4:07:57 PM by Clarancebeaks

quote:

If only Trump was everything they claimed... then we would finally be rid of all these freaks

61 posted on 11/21/2023, 4:17:30 PM by sten (fighting tyranny never goes out of style)

quote:

It will be our turn to go after them the same as they did us and they are afraid of us for that very reason they think we are just like them rabid dogs all.
I did two combat tours in the jungles of Vietnam I’ve seen it all the good and the bad fighting to keep communism out of this country and guess what 50 yrs later and I’m still fighting. Go Trump MAGA.

67 posted on 11/21/2023, 4:28:37 PM by 4bye4

quote:

The hyperbole is increasing fast now as it becomes clear the left has no candidate, and lunatics like this Joe may very well accelerate it to the point of calling for violence against DJT, as their only alternative. It’s also clear that they would be pretty content with such an outcome. Cowards that they are, however, they all want to dance close to the line of demanding violence without being accountable for demanding it.

81 posted on 11/21/2023, 4:54:03 PM by DPMD (ua)

quote:

This isn’t just unhinged ranting. This increasingly violent rhetoric from the left is a dangerous combination of projection, agitprop, and psyop. I think they are seriously trying to goad some unstable Arthur Bremer or John Hinckley type into attempting an assassination. If he succeeds — Hooray, he’s a hero (and ideally a martyr) who saved Our Democracy! If he fails — See how dangerous Trump is? He makes people crazy and violent!

I sincerely hope President Trump has the best security and bodyguards in the world.

86 posted on 11/21/2023, 4:57:40 PM by Flatus I. Maximus (You can vote your way into Socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.)

quote:

It is overdue.

Maybe the weird forehead guy would prefer a civil war?

111 posted on 11/21/2023, 9:29:55 PM by doorgunner69 (When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I do love that most of these spiteful old fucks are mostly just want the trump storm troopers to shoot their local school board or township memembers. at the end of the day, its always petty little grivance shitheads.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

quote:

You may try to flee to another country with your adulterous wife (ala Mussolini and Clara Petacci) but you will fail.

How do you, from one side of your mouth, denegrate adulterers, and from the other crow about your Big Special Adulterous God King?

edit:

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 22, 2023

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Scratch Monkey posted:

How do you, from one side of your mouth, denegrate adulterers, and from the other crow about your Big Special Adulterous God King?

It's a fascism thing. Sartre's quote about playing with language and so on. They don't actually care about the definitions of the words they're using. There's no desire to use words to establish facts or debate concepts. Words to them are hollow, meaningless vessels to be filled with emotional content and thrown at their enemies. The only message they're sending and that other fascists are receiving is "Person bad, let's hate person together". The linguistic definitions are meaningless conversational chaff they vomit out to misdirect others into arguing with something they don't care about, and in fact can sometimes even specifically be the point of their word choice. In some cases all they care about is using the words wrong because they know it will make the people they hate angry, so they do it on purpose. In other cases it's in-group out-group identifiers marking people as good or bad.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
That's an excellent point. Insofar as the particular words have defined meaning, though, I think it's important to recognize that they're calling a woman an adulterer as slander. A woman must remain faithful, a man— particularly a man of Trump's wealth— is freer to stick it where he pleases.

That's part of his singular appeal to Freeper-types, even compared to wealthier men. Trump does exactly what they would do if they had his power, (putative) money, and influence. He lives in both a golden skyscraper and a massive resort in Florida, he says whatever he wants without real consequence, and he has sex with whoever he desires while his partners are loyal to him. He's their ultimate wish fulfillment.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There's definitely the sexism thing too, but I think the point here is more that "your adulterous wife" is an insult directed at the husband, not the wife. It's not even a matter of morality, it's a matter of him being too weak to "control" his wife.

Edit: This works at least slightly in both directions: Hillary Clinton having a cheating husband is also way to insult Hillary.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 22, 2023

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
their Angry About Wife* poo poo really depresses me. Sorry to get all wife guy but I haven't been ůarried that long and like, I'm overjoyed every day because I just... love her? We got married bc she's my favourite person and I just love spending time with her. Take physicality out entirely and I'm still utterly taken and want to be her best friend. What on earth broke boomer brains that they all get 4 marriages each with people they can't stand

*or Husband but let's be real it's usually Wife, freep is old straight dudes

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Loving your wife makes you a heterosexual gay. It's worse than sitting down to pee or wiping your rear end.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Guavanaut posted:

Loving your wife makes you a heterosexual gay. It's worse than sitting down to pee or wiping your rear end.

This is the thread that gifted us that ageless phrase, "heterosexual gays."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you love your wife so much why don't you marry her??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Loving your wife is alright as long as you don't respect her as a person and only consider her your beloved property.