Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

If autodrive just caused an international incident...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I really want it to be a Tesla, but I don't see any vehicles, just the blast from the right side of the frame.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
That doesn't look like a car bomb.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
https://twitter.com/AliVelshi/status/1727405274770890947?s=20

Not sure if Velshi is reputable, but if he is, then the chain of events makes absolute sense, especially based on the pitiful explosion we saw.

1) Driver is either driving recklessly, or has autopilot in control. Either loses control at high speeds, or Autopilot does some dumb poo poo
2) Car plows into obstacle, rupturing a battery
3) Batteries explode.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

He's a reporter for NBC/MSNBC, not some rando who paid for a checkmark. So about as reputable as any other network newsreader.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
My god... has anyone check tesla stock to see if its ok?!

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
This is me doing a bit of amateur OSINT poo poo, but looking at the facts we know: The explosion was small and not indicative of call bombs, the car was traveling at a high speed before hand, the car may have been a Tesla Model Y

Tesla Model Y's have been known to go loving insane and drive off at massive high speeds without the driver's control. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kf3I_OyDlI

Teslas are also known to explode, especially when there's battery damage.

This wasn't terrorism, but there was a malicious actor here: Elon Musk, who's unsafe and poorly designed vehicles have claimed two more lives.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

My god... has anyone check tesla stock to see if its ok?!

will someone think of the annual returns?!?!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

M_Gargantua posted:

That doesn't look like a car bomb.

Yeah it doesn't look like any kind of conventional explosive going off, it looks like a rapidly burning fire happening and then going out.

Yes I know there's chemist/physicist pedantry that can be had in this conversation I also don't care.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
I’m gonna lol so hard if it was just a Tesla blowing up cause it’s a poo poo car.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TheWeedNumber posted:

I’m gonna lol so hard if it was just a Tesla blowing up cause it’s a poo poo car.

search your heart, you know why the tesla crashed

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

orange juche posted:

It thought the toll booth was a small child so it accelerated?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Numerous terrorist groups have denied being behind the exploding Tesla, stating "there's no way we would get in those things, they're loving dangerous"

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Early bet on the Mossad

bootleg battery smugglers

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Do suicide bombers usually have passengers?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

people should be angier that tesla "FSD" cars are even allowed to operate on "autopilot" on US roads

it directly causes deaths

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

So Fox still pushing it as terrorism, although now they're saying "maybe it was a stolen car" lol.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Terrifying Effigies posted:

So Fox still pushing it as terrorism, although now they're saying "maybe it was a stolen car" lol.

There's nothing I can say that wouldn't get me in trouble other than I'm not surprised

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MTG was making GBS threads out hot takes about SECURE OUR BORDER BIDEN CRIME FAMILY TRYING TO GREAT REPLACE US so that's what is circling in the right wing fever swamps. Can't ditch the talking point too fast. Need to keep scared old people angry at the right target.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

So it takes years to get through popular culture that no, it doesn’t actually work like that, (ICE) cars can’t explode from an impact unless there’s a bunch of aerosolized gasoline. And now with EVs, it does actually work like that. One day we are going to be getting questions from children why old movies were so unrealistic with cars staying unexploded after serious accidents.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

They've shifted!

https://twitter.com/BGrueskin/status/1727436536202068091?t=uMN1E4KOtZj2ZyDzxsKYbg&s=19

NYT:

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/1727435682388525352?t=Gl4j-sykqndwpBFAr5BFwQ&s=19

really hoping it was an autopiloting tesla

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
holy poo poo this thing got launched

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1727432501382021162?t=zBLE-UH-nC7fIuQasU39kA&s=19

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
I've got your Cause/Motive right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EddX9hnhDS4

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Meanwhile:

https://www.engadget.com/self-proclaimed-gay-furry-hackers-breach-nuclear-lab-152034192.html

quote:

The nuclear research hub Idaho National Laboratory (INL) confirmed that it fell victim to a data breach on Tuesday. SiegedSec, a group of self-proclaimed "gay furry hackers," took responsibility for the attack and claimed they accessed sensitive employee data like social security numbers, home addresses and more.

"We're willing to make a deal with INL. If they research creating irl catgirls we will take down this post," SiegedSec wrote in a post announcing the leak on Monday.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stultus Maximus posted:

Carter is still alive at 99 so I think he may have been objectively the healthiest.

Yeah.

Clinton is also a contender. He entered office six years younger, so if he lives to ninety-three years and counting, he could win this.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
From yospos and too good to not share

Shumagorath posted:

Model Y-SIS

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Milo and POTUS posted:

There's nothing I can say that wouldn't get me in trouble other than I'm not surprised

Don't worry they've pivoted to Hamas tunnels. A live tour by the IDF! They are ghouls.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 22, 2023

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

orange juche posted:

A hidden DARPA subroutine meant to guide autonomous military vehicles was left in the commercial version of Tesla Autopilot. Having no weapon systems available to it, and no specified targeting criteria, it defaults to the data it was trained on: MENA humans, and accelerates according to its failsafe protocol.

No one ever finds it because “kill_browns.exe” deletes itself after execution of the subroutine. We are unsure why “kill_kids.exe” also runs at the same time, but suspect it’s because the programmer posted a lot in r/childfree.

e: due to SA forum regulations, I had to modify the program nomenclature. use your imagine and search your heart. You know it wasn’t simply called “kill_browns.exe.”

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 22, 2023

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
You can't fool me, thats just a leaked screenplay from Small Soldiers 2

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

maffew buildings posted:

I would guess Teddy or Andy Jackson but that may be conflating healthiest with "most psychotic"

Jackson surviving to 78 while powering through the incredible laundry list of poo poo that was physiologically wrong with him through sheer force of will to spite God for keeping him alive definitely counts for something

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

holy poo poo that explosion was slow enough to have been a rapid thermal runaway.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

wow the terrorists are camouflaging their missiles as teslas now

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
CIDRAP: Undiagnosed pneumonia outbreak in China puts pressure on pediatric hospitals, prompts questions

quote:

An undetermined pneumonia outbreak in China is hitting children hard, with media reports describing overwhelmed children's hospitals in multiple locations, according a post on ProMED Mail, the online reporting system of the International Society for Infectious Diseases. So far, there is no indication that the infections are deadly. But reports of a spike in pneumonia cases in China are eerily similar to early reports of a mystery pneumonia outbreak in late 2019 in Wuhan, which heralded the emergence of COVID-19.

Children's main symptoms are high fever, with some kids developing pulmonary nodules.

The media reports reference swamped pediatric hospitals in multiple locations, including Beijing and Liaoning, which is nearly 500 miles away. Reports also say the pneumonia outbreaks have led to school cancellations and some illnesses in teachers.

Some observers speculate the outbreak could be caused by Mycoplasma pneumoniae, commonly known as "walking pneumonia." FluTrackers, an infectious disease news message board, has been tracking reports of overwhelmed pediatric hospitals and clinics and Mycoplasma pneumonia since the beginning of summer.

US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) background information on Mycoplasma pneumoniae infection notes that the bacterium typically causes mild respiratory infections that can sometimes lead to serious illnesses that can require hospitalization. In children, the infection resembles a chest cold. The illness can spread in crowded settings, including schools and college residence halls.

On Twitter (X) today, Krutika Kuppalli, MD, an infectious disease physician who is with the WHO's Health Emergencies Program, said it's possible that China could be seeing a surge in respiratory infections as other countries did their first winter after lockdowns lifted.

She added that China has already reported a Mycoplasma pneumonia surge, but the current outbreaks could be anything. She also said respiratory syncytial virus, COVID-19, and flu could be contributing factors. "The point is we need information."

If it’s only hitting kids hard, and it’s been going on for some time and in distant geographic locations, my hot take is that it’s probably not a novel pathogen. You can bet on that a hundred times and win ninety‐nine of them. Just don’t stake the house on it, because you will lose once per decade.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

CIDRAP: Undiagnosed pneumonia outbreak in China puts pressure on pediatric hospitals, prompts questions

If it’s only hitting kids hard, and it’s been going on for some time and in distant geographic locations, my hot take is that it’s probably not a novel pathogen. You can bet on that a hundred times and win ninety‐nine of them. Just don’t stake the house on it, because you will lose once per decade.

Be that as it may, “mysterious respiratory illness emerging in China” is the kind of late 2019 vintage I’d prefer never to tap again.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Yeah.

Clinton is also a contender. He entered office six years younger, so if he lives to ninety-three years and counting, he could win this.

Bill had a quadruple bypass in his 50s. While he’s gotten serious about his health since then, I can’t imagine saying he’s the healthiest compared to someone like Carter who was still building houses with Habitat for Humanity in his 90s.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Herstory Begins Now posted:

wow the terrorists are camouflaging their missiles as teslas now

Apparently it was a Bentley :(

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1727468341252472840?t=Z_oI8VJUrJlwzaYuQFuHXQ&s=19

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
i might just be a callous rear end in a top hat, but it’s hard to feel sorry for someone when their ultra-luxury car that costs more than a house(outside of canada), goes rogue

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Was it that new Bentley PHEV Hybrid? That white smoke is generally a sign of a lithium battery thermal runaway

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

My Spirit Otter posted:

i might just be a callous rear end in a top hat, but it’s hard to feel sorry for someone when their ultra-luxury car that costs more than a house(outside of canada), goes rogue

Comrade Bentley and or "watch bush start a fukkin war"... hard to chose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh thank god. TSLA is safe... for now