Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Vintage Story is looking pretty tasty, but I know basically next to nothing about it. What are these temporal storms and drifters everyone recommends turning off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Bussamove posted:

Vintage Story is looking pretty tasty, but I know basically next to nothing about it. What are these temporal storms and drifters everyone recommends turning off?

You know how in Minecraft bad guys spawn at night? It's a bit similar. Drifters spawn at night and bimble slowly around, they're sort of ogre like creatures and make horrid zombie groaning noises. Temporal storms are when the world gets really wonky and all *kinds* of drifters spawn, more dangerous ones, and swarm your location. They're killable, but not trivially unless you know some tricks. You can turn them off until you have the hang of 'not starving to death' if you want.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Umbreon posted:

Any other recommended mods that enhance existing or add news systems? These are fantastic and I wish I had them in my first playthrough.

Expanded Foods is pretty much mandatory, it adds so much depth to food processing, preparing and everything you can imagine, not to mention a lot new recipes. Stuff like bottles, round barrels (this will be a vanilla feature in 1.19), meat hooks to dry meat, you name it. If you want cooking, brewing, foods and drinks, this mod and its sub-mods are the ones you need.

https://mods.vintagestory.at/expandedfoods

I like settings that allow drifters to spawn in underground caves but not near your house. I think this has to do with light levels and cannot be currently be set in-game, but rather game text files, correct me if I'm wrong. It's fine if underground ruin delving has some enemies to worry about. But I'd rather work aboveground in peace without someone throwing rocks at me.

However, do note that if you turn storms off, you lose a big source of temporal gears. In vanilla these activate the translocators found in caves, and with my preferred mod, Teleportation network, the teleport shrine network which is a lifesaver when you want to travel long distances fast.

Really the only bad thing about moving to a new version with upcoming 1.19 is that a lot of preferred mods will be broken for a while (hopefully not for long).

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 21, 2023

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
I play Card Survival on my tablet and overall it's been fine. Some UI aspects can be a little annoying but I think you'd have similar issues on PC.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

HopperUK posted:

You know how in Minecraft bad guys spawn at night? It's a bit similar. Drifters spawn at night and bimble slowly around, they're sort of ogre like creatures and make horrid zombie groaning noises. Temporal storms are when the world gets really wonky and all *kinds* of drifters spawn, more dangerous ones, and swarm your location. They're killable, but not trivially unless you know some tricks. You can turn them off until you have the hang of 'not starving to death' if you want.

The larger issue is that you need certain items to stabilize the world to stop the storm, but they can be hard to find and expensive to purchase. I think I'd be more into them if they came and went but there's been some runs where the storms were basically "well I guess this is how things are now unless I get some lucky drops"

Senrab
May 10, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

The larger issue is that you need certain items to stabilize the world to stop the storm, but they can be hard to find and expensive to purchase. I think I'd be more into them if they came and went but there's been some runs where the storms were basically "well I guess this is how things are now unless I get some lucky drops"

I thought storms only lasted for a few in-game hours? I wasn't aware there was something you needed to do to stop them.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I wasn't aware that could happen, a perpetual storm, and I am dismayed and will just leave the darn things off forever I think

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I'm mixing up my terminology, I was talking about Temporal Stability, not temporal storms which are indeed temporary.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

What? Temporal Storms never last more than a few hours, half a day at most. The eventual max strength/intensity of storms is one of the world settings you can choose at world gen.

There is also a setting you can choose where you can just basically sleep through them if you don't feel like dealing with (most) of the effects (there still might be some extra drifters wandering around after a storm).

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
The real trouble is that temporal storms aren't really interesting. Minecraft combat (and by extension Vintage Story combat) has never been particularly good. Since it's a minecraft-alike, though, you can just build yourself a cage suspended in the air and sit in it in perfect safety for the entirety of the temporal storm no problems. In that way, temporal storms are absolutely trivial. In theory you could use temporal storms to farm rare items dropped by drifters, but the drifters all despawn almost immediately after the storm is over, so you can't even go clean them up afterwards and during the storm you'll just have eight different varietys of zombie hucking stones at you from all directions, meaning you'll probably just die or something, especially if you stop to fight any of them or loot their corpses.

They updated the game recently so you can't sleep through temporal storms, which I personally think is a pretty dumb move, considering they're already boring, trivial, and devoid of extra content.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its an optional setting. If your world is currently set to not allow sleeping through storms you can use the following command in the chat bar to toggle that setting:

/worldconfig temporalStormSleeping [0|1]

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LeFishy posted:

Alright fine I’ll try vintage story on my steam deck!

Looks like the launcher is available as a flat pack and there are a few community controller configs out there so I’m optimistic.

I’m definitely going to turn all the temporal storm stuff and drifters off. I just want to build a cosy house and try not to die of starvation.

Holy smokes I never thought to even try this! Post a trip report please!

Also played a lot of Card Survival on the deck and it worked great.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Its an optional setting. If your world is currently set to not allow sleeping through storms you can use the following command in the chat bar to toggle that setting:

/worldconfig temporalStormSleeping [0|1]

Sure, I just mean it's more in line with a puzzling development direction. You'd think if you were going to make temporal storms mandatory that would have to be challenging or feature rich, not just "Times the world gets gray and you die if you go outside and also sometimes if you stay inside in the wrong way. Please look at your screen during these times and do not enter any inputs for several minutes."

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

chainchompz posted:

Checking back in: I got it last night and sacrificed sleep for gaming, which bodes well.

First start I was exploring and then fell in a cave and couldn't dig myself out and wasn't going to wait until I starved to death to respawn.

Other start I wound up getting ate by a bear, repeatedly.

I think I've finally got the handle on building a shelter, slowly but surely getting other stuff like that, but hunger is something I'm not on top of yet.

For hunger, you want to make a clay cooking pot and a clay bowl. The food you can make in a clay pot is not only more satisfying, but it also counts double. For a short time (based on food quality) after eating a clay pot or other advanced meal, you no long lose stamina/satiation. So you can sprint and do stuff as much as you want until the (invisible) buff goes away.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Holy smokes I never thought to even try this! Post a trip report please!

Also played a lot of Card Survival on the deck and it worked great.

There's an experimental mode which turns off monsters, traders, ruins, and all things temporal and like it ok. Obviously there's a lot of stuff you're giving up there but it lets me focus on survival nonsense and I appreciate it

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

HopperUK posted:

This youtuber has a pleasant tone and a gentle pace and explains very carefully how Vintage Story works, so if you're up for watching a video or two, this might help.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_m19gCRJ123k2Mtn5o3uX3MAWCxCIU8j

Been watching this guy's videos while doing other stuff and I just don't get his weird obsession with avoiding bears. He acts like they're waiting around every bush to tear his face off. I've never had that much trouble with them, nor do I encounter them nearly as often as he seems to worry about them.

RNG will be RNG I guess, maybe, but drat does he fret about them a lot. Good watching otherwise though.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
lol yeah I've been playing for like 7 or 8 hours and murked my first bear as soon as I saw it with a couple spears and a bunch of arrows. Just finished crafting my first copper pickaxe & hammer, and mined my first copper surface deposit - feels pretty good. Now to get some beehives cranking so I can figure out candles & preserving food.

Two questions - I have a few chunks of tin from panning already - is it at all worth panning up some more and going straight to casting a bronze anvil to save some copper? Also general question - what are good areas to settle when you're a beginner? right now I'm in a temperate zone with common rain on a smallish island - it rises up about 5 blocks and its maybe 8x15 on top, and I rounded out another island right next to it to make a starting farm. I could expand both pretty easily, and now that i have a pick I could hollow out the main island for living quarters, too. What should I look for in terms of nearby resources, though, wrt fully building out a good starter location? I'd prefer to move now if I do, while I still only have enough important stuff to take a trip or two vs 10 trips back and forth.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I like to make my home at the intersection of rock strata. What kind of materials spawn in the deeps depends on the rock. If you want to make lots of leather, you’ll need a good source of lime from chalk, limestone, heck even marble.

But if the top layer is igneous rock, you’ll never find sedimentary rock deep to the igneous rock. Things like steel making, leather work, dyeing, and cooking can require specialized materials that you’ll only get from traders or the fortunate static translocator unless you have it somewhat local.

My personal favorite playstyle is to make a basic starter hut and rush for a prospecting pick, no farming just foraging all food. After about ten days, I head south until I get near the edge of jungle such that I can make day trips into jungle (for jungle specific crops and wood) or day trips north (for colder climate things). There has historically been a sweet spot where there are no wolf spawns yet no hyena spawns either in that in between area.

Having 20 or more hay bales is great for a quick build hut that is quick to tear down. I have in all attempts managed to make full linen bags and have an entire stack of seeds of whatever I want as well as a few dozen terra preta when I get to my destination. HOWEVER. Death loving sucks in this attempt with inventory drop. Inventory management is a big chore so I keep flax seeds, another grain seed, no berry bushes, onion seeds, and “special” seeds (cabbage, pumpkin, peanut) I find. I do visit ruins so I often have a stack or two of bony soil by arrival time.

With the prospecting pick I’m looking for bronze materials and iron minerals. I try to build where I’m finding decent amounts of both.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I find warm areas boring. I prefer the cold as a harsh winter provides incentive to actually engage in a lot of the survival stuff like food preservation and making/repair clothes.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

LLSix posted:

For hunger, you want to ...

Awesome and noted. I lucked out with my fourth start and found a decent spot with clay and naturally growing crops that I've gotten seeds from and started farming. I made a rabbit trap farm and the meat I get from that has changed the game for me.
The only pain in the rear end is that wolves are everywhere and I'm starting to get drifters.

Also, if I have a thatch roof that's ok, it's not gonna catch fire in a lightning storm or nothing is it?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Regarding bronze: honestly you're gonna be panning until next year if you're gonna be trying to get enough for tools. Copper is plentiful while you look for either tin or zinc&bismuth which also makes bronze (and has always been easier for me to find).

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

Since we're talking mining in VS, I can't recommend this ore prospecting guide enough. It's the thing that finally made me get how it works and with it I managed to find a huge iron deposit and salt dome on my first try for each.

Once you find a subterranean ore vein, you're pretty much set for an entire playthrough, so it's well worth the time to learn the mechanics.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

TeaJay posted:

Regarding bronze: honestly you're gonna be panning until next year if you're gonna be trying to get enough for tools. Copper is plentiful while you look for either tin or zinc&bismuth which also makes bronze (and has always been easier for me to find).

Oh definitely not for tools - I was just thinking enough for the anvil to skip copper anvils and save a couple ingots when I saw I could get zinc from panning. I’d still need bismuth tho I guess so rip.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

A copper anvil costs 9 ingots and once obsoleted you can use a chisel to break it back down to, iirc, 8? Ingots. So I wouldn’t worry about it too much unless you’re exceptionally copper poor.

Senrab
May 10, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Been watching this guy's videos while doing other stuff and I just don't get his weird obsession with avoiding bears. He acts like they're waiting around every bush to tear his face off. I've never had that much trouble with them, nor do I encounter them nearly as often as he seems to worry about them.

RNG will be RNG I guess, maybe, but drat does he fret about them a lot. Good watching otherwise though.

I've had a similar experience, a playthrough I watched featured a player who was unusually scared of wolves, so much so that he spent his entire playthrough afraid of them and even made a big deal of him finally killing one at the end. Like it was a bossfight or something. Idk, I played super cautiously and I usually run from wolves, but I finally fought one head-on recently and while it was clearly dangerous I managed to do enough damage to make it run away.

Since this is my first playthrough I am playing on what I would call vanilla settings I guess, I have drifter spawns on and Temporal storms and so far it hasn't been bad. I like having to occasionally kill or avoid stuff. Granted I'm sure the storms will get old so in a future playthrough I'd consider turning them off, but for the time being I'm judging the game by whatever the "standard" experience is.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The one big hangup I had with Vintage Story when I played fairly far back was the same I had with Terrafirmacraft for Minecraft: rock layers are just too drat big. Having to move from one layer to another to find new ore groups, or even just to change the types of stone you find for decorative purposes (or to find special rock types like limestone) means trekking an absurd distance away and spending way too much time just walking in a game where long range travel is not given many considerations. Rock layers could be like, 5x as small and still serve their purpose well while still giving players some variety and versatility in building and prospecting.
I don't know if that's changed since I played, though.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
While I get why that's a drag to most people, I really enjoy the sense of scale. Emerging after that first winter, having prepared all season to go on a month long expedition to distant lands to retrieve new seeds / saplings / do serious large scale prospecting is pretty cool in my book. I'm also a sucker for sailing around the slow way in Valheim though so YMMV on that.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
Yeah, when I played on a server in Vintage story for a bit, trecking out to get rare stone colours to trade with other players was really loving neat, and only worked because of how dang huge the stone layers are. Also meant that like, building aesthetics would change depending on where they were in the world, due to stone availability. Is real cool.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I’ve switched all my VS runs over to single death hardcore runs, feels more interesting this way. Is there any way to have a random biome start as well? I guess I could roll a dice first when choosing world setup but random parameters would be more fun.

I found some suerite chips sometime during my current start but there’s like a 100x100 block area that they might’ve come from cause I wasn’t paying attention, rip

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I picked up Sons of the Forest on the steam sale, and are there any major Before I Play tips for the new game?

The questions I have right now are

1. You should still avoid killing cannibals whenever possible, right?

2. Kevin will be okay if you leave him at base when Cannibal aggression is fairly low, I would assume

3. I saved at a pre-made campsite before shutting off for the night and when I loaded up the next day I found all the crates had refilled. Is that intentional since it's more co-op now or is it a bug?
E. Actually it looks like it all respawns every morning?

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 25, 2023

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Anyone playing Obenseuer? I refunded it way back when, but this new version they just released seems pretty good so far. The cleaning up an apartment block and renovation is giving me Viscera Cleanup vibes. Needs are a bit annoying, I don't care for the hardcore survival aspect, but difficulty sliders are supposed to come soon

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

grate deceiver posted:

Anyone playing Obenseuer? I refunded it way back when, but this new version they just released seems pretty good so far. The cleaning up an apartment block and renovation is giving me Viscera Cleanup vibes. Needs are a bit annoying, I don't care for the hardcore survival aspect, but difficulty sliders are supposed to come soon

I haven't looked in since the last patch to see if they fixed the 'fog everywhere' issue I was having in the outdoors. It has a vibe I really like.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

HopperUK posted:

I haven't looked in since the last patch to see if they fixed the 'fog everywhere' issue I was having in the outdoors. It has a vibe I really like.

That's been fixed. And yeah, I've uh, sunk 50 hours into it since buying just shortly after it's redo release. Completely exhausted everything there is to do other than continuing to chip away at upgrading the tenement, has been a real good time, I love making an appealing crack den. Also the story, what little exists in the current version, has it's hooks in me, there's weird and spooky stuff going on, and if you either take enough shrooms to see god or advance enough in the story you can start to talk to ghosts and poo poo. Also you can breed rats and unleash rats upon ye tenement in a glorious rodent tide.

It has been a buggy experience, but the dev's are ontop of fixing problems as they come up currently. And yeah, the needs are everpresent, you've got so many draining bars it can be overwhelming. And there's currently no decent way of skipping time, other than taking sleeping pills and sleeping it away, which will send your depression skyrocketing if you don't have the utmost in amenities for your living space and are clean of all addictions.

My favorite little story from it so far, was the Quest for My Debit Card. It takes so loving long and has you jump through so many hoops, you have to navigate automated phoneline hell and mail them requests and they send you the wrong loving forms multiple times, it takes about a month in game to resolve, and when you finally get your card back your account is empty, you can't deposit from within open sewer, and they hit you with a sizable fee for the trouble. Masterful troll.

Biggest complaints so far are the load times, compounded with how often you have to duck in and out of tiny indoor areas and there basically being no information about how the gently caress you craft certain things.

gently caress it, have a tour of my tenement:

Here is my apartment on the ground floor

The nice little entry nook, stock bathroom through that door on the left

Main kitchen and living area

Little balcony for growing food, currently does not work because I've yet to put windows in

My distillery in the back

And the bedroom with my pet rat

Then we have the basement, the other customizable space
Overview from the stairwell, utilities room to the left and sauna to the right, mushroom farm to back right

Said mushroom farm, not really used

Basement shitter

Storage area

Comfortable little rat watching/eating area, there's like a hundred rats in that rat cage tower

And finally the workshop down in the subbasement

All these spaces are almost fully bare when you get them, so almost everything is what I've put down. Been really fun to decorate, if a bit hard to get your hands on stuff.

Jawnycat fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 25, 2023

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

grate deceiver posted:

I am! The new version is definitely solid but it still has a lot of bug fixing. I will say one thing that’s slightly concerning to me is a lot of bugs seem to keep popping up that have been previously fixed. Luckily though the few devs are very responsive and it seems like we’ll get small hotfix releases once or twice a week. (Probably until they move into testing the next big patch which will have the bazaar and that.)

Needs I think feel worse at first, but you can kind of get into a routine with them once you’ve felt it out. It’s really great- there is a cleanup vibe to it, but I also describe it as a very weird sort of “Sims” alike in decorating your apartment. The makeshift furniture aesthetics and that are on point. There’s not a ton of “functional” reason to decorate (beyond crafting stations and storage) but I think you’re missing out if you don’t enjoy that piece of the game. Nothing beats coming home to your little trash hovel and lawn chair bucket toilet.

E: I also really love any game that has sort of “world map” based progression, so upgrading bits of your tenement and then going and seeing that your heating upgrade means a little chimney is sticking out of that apartment just tickles me.

Anime Store Adventure fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 25, 2023

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Jawnycat posted:

My favorite little story from it so far, was the Quest for My Debit Card. It takes so loving long and has you jump through so many hoops, you have to navigate automated phoneline hell and mail them requests and they send you the wrong loving forms multiple times, it takes about a month in game to resolve, and when you finally get your card back your account is empty, you can't deposit from within open sewer, and they hit you with a sizable fee for the trouble. Masterful troll.

I saw someone complaining about this in the Steam forums, and apparently You get a deposit to your account once per week.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Sons of the Forest is a weird game difficulty wise. It's very easy to do day by day survival since once you find a cooking pot you can boil two pieces of meat (which is everywhere) and sustain yourself with it for a long time. On the other side of it you have the caves whose enemies are so damaging and durable that there's no point in fighting them, instead just running past everything and slapping E at the ground constantly. Having all the pre-made stuff like circuit boards respawn every day makes the survival economy imbalanced but also its a bit too scarce to fully kit yourself out with armor to counteract hard hitting enemies. It's a fun game but a bit strange.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CuddleCryptid posted:

Sons of the Forest is a weird game difficulty wise. It's very easy to do day by day survival since once you find a cooking pot you can boil two pieces of meat (which is everywhere) and sustain yourself with it for a long time. On the other side of it you have the caves whose enemies are so damaging and durable that there's no point in fighting them, instead just running past everything and slapping E at the ground constantly. Having all the pre-made stuff like circuit boards respawn every day makes the survival economy imbalanced but also its a bit too scarce to fully kit yourself out with armor to counteract hard hitting enemies. It's a fun game but a bit strange.

idkwym, it looks very straightforward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTq0QOZM_Ik

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

I picked up Sons of the Forest on the steam sale, and are there any major Before I Play tips for the new game?

The questions I have right now are

1. You should still avoid killing cannibals whenever possible, right?

2. Kevin will be okay if you leave him at base when Cannibal aggression is fairly low, I would assume

3. I saved at a pre-made campsite before shutting off for the night and when I loaded up the next day I found all the crates had refilled. Is that intentional since it's more co-op now or is it a bug?
E. Actually it looks like it all respawns every morning?

I played with a couple of friends and we killed pretty much every cannibal - it's challenging at first but as you get better weapons it gets easier and never became overwhelming.

Kelvin never died permanently as far as I remember.

The crates do refill and like the poster above said it makes some things kind of trivial.

They've patched the game a lot since the initial release and I'm excited to see where it will be after another six months or so.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Jawnycat posted:

That's been fixed. And yeah, I've uh, sunk 50 hours into it since buying just shortly after it's redo release. Completely exhausted everything there is to do other than continuing to chip away at upgrading the tenement, has been a real good time, I love making an appealing crack den. Also the story, what little exists in the current version, has it's hooks in me, there's weird and spooky stuff going on, and if you either take enough shrooms to see god or advance enough in the story you can start to talk to ghosts and poo poo. Also you can breed rats and unleash rats upon ye tenement in a glorious rodent tide.

It has been a buggy experience, but the dev's are ontop of fixing problems as they come up currently. And yeah, the needs are everpresent, you've got so many draining bars it can be overwhelming. And there's currently no decent way of skipping time, other than taking sleeping pills and sleeping it away, which will send your depression skyrocketing if you don't have the utmost in amenities for your living space and are clean of all addictions.

Biggest complaints so far are the load times, compounded with how often you have to duck in and out of tiny indoor areas and there basically being no information about how the gently caress you craft certain things.

gently caress it, have a tour of my tenement:

Here is my apartment on the ground floor

The nice little entry nook, stock bathroom through that door on the left

Main kitchen and living area

Little balcony for growing food, currently does not work because I've yet to put windows in

My distillery in the back

And the bedroom with my pet rat

Then we have the basement, the other customizable space
Overview from the stairwell, utilities room to the left and sauna to the right, mushroom farm to back right

Said mushroom farm, not really used

Basement shitter

Storage area

Comfortable little rat watching/eating area, there's like a hundred rats in that rat cage tower

And finally the workshop down in the subbasement

All these spaces are almost fully bare when you get them, so almost everything is what I've put down. Been really fun to decorate, if a bit hard to get your hands on stuff.

I missed this! drat I’m slacking in decorating. This is beautiful*

*in that weird Obenseuer way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Put some more hours into Obenseuer and I think the needs are fine actually. Food is pretty easy to come by from scavenging or stealing, clean water is free. I only started with one addiction though, 3 might have been tough. Once you find that first tenant that only requires a bare room with no electricity and heating, it's smooth sailing. Rent might be bugged though, because they're paying me 1400 oc for an absolute unupgraded shithole.