Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

in no universe is hakanpaa deserving of his minutes jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kill all refs

gently caress them to death, have robots piss on their graves

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Pretty sweet shot by Newhook :siren:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
feels like a period where Dallas has been able to have around 70% of the "possession" but that possession has been all perimeter based cycling with no chances creatred and then Hakanapaa hosed the dog that shift and it's 1-0 Vegas.. there's been a couple other Vegas fast break chances to.

It's been the same thing both games from Vegas.. I don't think they want a skill matchup vs Dallas, but they are very content to just salt the game away and win when the bad players on the Stars (of which there are still 3 or 4) gently caress up.

**Eh I might revise my assessment.. ever since the goal Dallas has had the yips handling the puck.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kaiden Guhle kicks rear end

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Guhle kicks so much rear end, goddamn

Edit: lol same thought

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

Guhle kicks so much rear end, goddamn

Edit: lol same thought

dude doesnt even have a full season under his belt. hes gonna be a loving beast.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh gently caress Mark Stone got rough with someone I hope his brittle old bones didn't fuckin disintegrate on contact

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

well Nic Hague ruined an otherwise perfect 20 minutes of hockey for the Vegas team there. Dallas with 0.0 scoring chances that period, never even came close to threatening lol.. hopefully the long change opens up some chances for the Stars in the 2nd.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Oh gently caress Mark Stone got rough with someone I hope his brittle old bones didn't fuckin disintegrate on contact

Did he cry about it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

neoaxd posted:

Did he cry about it

You know he's weeping in between periods

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Adin Hill keeping Vegas in front all by himself :(

Stars have really taken over at 5v5, they seem like they are right on the edge of busting this game wide open but this guy has their number like no other.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Ah I see it’s one of those games where the stars are down 1 even after making twice as many SOG

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Blatant ref fuckery

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I love roope

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Despite all the efforts by the stripes the game is tied

Fuckin shitshow, the Stars don't need help losing this game

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Ok, that was not a 5 minute major.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
the blues and coyotes are two very bad teams

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

everybody roops, everybody rides

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ImplicitAssembler posted:

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I’m listening to the Canucks radio coverage, and when I teams colour radio guy thinks the other team was harshly treated, it must be real unfair..

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Yeah, I mean it benefitted the Canucks, but that was a garbage call, especially after the review.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

And then they don't call that :D.
I love NHL refereeing.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Hill lost his stick during a power play, and the stars didn’t even get a shot off lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Hill lost his stick during a power play, and the stars didn’t even get a shot off lol

Their puck handling has been dog rear end

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Their puck handling has been dog rear end

yeah the Stars way lol.. they can string together 15 tape to tape passes to move a puck up the ice and into the other team's end and it looks like nothing in the world can stop them, but the second that anyone but Joe Pavelski has a scoring chance within like 15 feet of the net they drop their stick or the puck bounces over their blade or they panic and try to pass it right into a defender's skate blade

it's really quite vexing.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

That JT Miller goal looked like a vintage Todd Bertuzzi power forward goal at first glance. Then you see the replay and realize he intentionally went stick to skate like Bure.

https://www.nhl.com/video/topic/highlights/van-col-miller-scores-goal-against-alexandar-georgiev-6341641069112

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

come the gently caress on that was a touch foul lol

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

skate backwards into a stick lol

e: and there's the maybelline

frustrating

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

fisting by many posted:

That JT Miller goal looked like a vintage Todd Bertuzzi power forward goal at first glance. Then you see the replay and realize he intentionally went stick to skate like Bure.

https://www.nhl.com/video/topic/highlights/van-col-miller-scores-goal-against-alexandar-georgiev-6341641069112

so fuckin sick lol

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol Pietrangelo dive

what a piece of poo poo that guy is

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

lol Pietrangelo dive

what a piece of poo poo that guy is

It's the whole team

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I think the ref that called the crosscheck was legit mad that it got made up with the also bad interference on faksa; the best way to solve this? another bad penalty

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Sharks have 8 total shots on goal and there's 15 minutes left in the game

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DOOMocrat posted:

I think the ref that called the crosscheck was legit mad that it got made up with the also bad interference on faksa; the best way to solve this? another bad penalty

The refs have been blatant all fuckin night and i wish i could throw a hot dog at them if it wouldn't get my friend in trouble

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

holy poo poo monty :stare:

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

The refs have been blatant all fuckin night and i wish i could throw a hot dog at them if it wouldn't get my friend in trouble

I know it's JFK day and all but I don't think this game approaches :tinfoil:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I advise the Stars not to take their foot off the ice these last 5 minutes.

Not happy to see Suter out there with Harley.. that implies that poor Nils Lundkvist may have been sat down for the rest of the game despite:

https://twitter.com/RobertTiffin/status/1727547331522773092

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Starsfan posted:

I advise the Stars not to take their foot off the ice these last 5 minutes.

Not happy to see Suter out there with Harley.. that implies that poor Nils Lundkvist may have been sat down for the rest of the game despite:

https://twitter.com/RobertTiffin/status/1727547331522773092

and then the slow guys get dusted for four straight minutes, just loving trade him already we can't handle it apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Stars lose in OT

Same as it ever was