Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

buglord posted:

Someone already got spongebob :(

e: actually all of them got sniped lol.

poo poo, sorry, I should have done a character substitution. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This spider man game is pretty good

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Commander Keene posted:

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 - YAJRH-57**7-Y7XAV * = Rush's species

Says that it's not a real code, but maybe I'm too stupid for the clue (tried DDog and RRobot and combinations)

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Kennel posted:

Says that it's not a real code, but maybe I'm too stupid for the clue (tried DDog and RRobot and combinations)

I believe that answer was K9. Nonetheless, the key was ninjaed; though given that the thread is public, it could have been taken by anyone.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Ah, clever

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Det_no posted:

If you want X-com you should buy Jagged Alliance 3 cause it's better.
This is the correct answer.
Jagged Alliance 3 was Actually Good, after decades of uhh... stuff, they finally made a good one. The mod scene is going pretty good too.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Croccers posted:

This is the correct answer.
Jagged Alliance 3 was Actually Good, after decades of uhh... stuff, they finally made a good one. The mod scene is going pretty good too.

I checked the mods a while ago and couldn't find any that implemented the A-Team, wtf? Is this game only played by zoomers or what?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Jagged Alliance 2 was a favorite of mine forever, but something is keeping me from getting into JA3 and I think it's just age. I mean, me, aging. I am finding the game too difficult, too tedious, too many things to keep track of. My brain want boom boom number go up now

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

FishMcCool posted:

I checked the mods a while ago and couldn't find any that implemented the A-Team, wtf? Is this game only played by zoomers or what?

Prayers answered but it's the Liam Neeson/Sharlto Copley/Bradley Cooper A-Team

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

so what wireless keyboard is good and cool?
I heard keychron is neato for customization and poo poo but the entire market of "custo keyboards" seems poisoned by gamer brains and esport promotional poo poo.
I ask ye goons what wireless keyboard is cool and good for loving around with the keys and idonno the lights?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Keychron for sure, I use a K13 for work and it’s also paired to my Deck. Recommend buying their stuff through Amazon because QC issues are not unheard of and their customer service is a bit…frustrating.

(I also use a Q10 and Q0 on my personal machine.)

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Prayers answered but it's the Liam Neeson/Sharlto Copley/Bradley Cooper A-Team

:negative:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Upsidads posted:

so what wireless keyboard is good and cool?
I heard keychron is neato for customization and poo poo but the entire market of "custo keyboards" seems poisoned by gamer brains and esport promotional poo poo.
I ask ye goons what wireless keyboard is cool and good for loving around with the keys and idonno the lights?

Subjunctive posted:

Keychron for sure, I use a K13 for work and it’s also paired to my Deck. Recommend buying their stuff through Amazon because QC issues are not unheard of and their customer service is a bit…frustrating.

(I also use a Q10 and Q0 on my personal machine.)
seconding keychron, i have a k2 and k10, and both are solid keebs. just white backlights, though, no rgb

if you're into farting about with the keys & lights i'd hit up the keyboard megathread in SH/SC

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ciaphas posted:

seconding keychron, i have a k2 and k10, and both are solid keebs. just white backlights, though, no rgb

if you're into farting about with the keys & lights i'd hit up the keyboard megathread in SH/SC

didnt know that existed, these are solid recommendations from you both thank you

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

What's going on Keychron?
You told to me to put you on, so baby you’re on
And in a little while baby I'll be gone
So you better bring it on Keychron, bring it on

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

MarcusSA posted:

This spider man game is pretty good

Right up there with the Arkham series, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and X-men Origins:Wolverine as the best comic book videogames of all time IMO

One of the best things is how boss fights aren't lame pre-scripted QTE events but they actually utilize the game's existing combat systems

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Jolo posted:

What's going on Keychron?
You told to me to put you on, so baby you’re on
And in a little while baby I'll be gone
So you better bring it on Keychron, bring it on

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Deliver Us Mars is free on Epic. I liked the first game well-enough but seems like the sequel was bit of a wet fart?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

lordfrikk posted:

Deliver Us Mars is free on Epic. I liked the first game well-enough but seems like the sequel was bit of a wet fart?

Oooh thanks for this.

I am exactly in the same boat, liked the first one but mixed reviews have stopped me trying the sequel.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Speaking of keyboards, I finally got a mechanical keyboard a few months ago after having the "wrong" kind since forever, and I gotta say, I don't really understand the appeal? It feels different, but not really in a way that's better, and my typing has definitely gotten slower and more error-prone.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Triarii posted:

Speaking of keyboards, I finally got a mechanical keyboard a few months ago after having the "wrong" kind since forever, and I gotta say, I don't really understand the appeal? It feels different, but not really in a way that's better, and my typing has definitely gotten slower and more error-prone.
Personally I think they feel fun to type on but not really easier/more efficient to type on

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Triarii posted:

Feeling validated in my choice to use a dirty $10 Dell keyboard with every PC build.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Feeling validated in my choice to use a dirty $10 Dell keyboard with every PC build.

Honestly I just went and tried out my crusty old $20 keyboard, and even with months of practice on the mechanical one, I still type faster on that thing.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Triarii posted:

Sounds like you need to change switches and/or keycaps!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mechanical keyboards won't have ghosting and the inputs will be more sensitive.
Plus they go clickity clack.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
ghosting or not has nothing to do with the switches though. mechanical keyboards tend to use higher end boards (naturally, since everything else is more expensive too) but you can find moderate priced rubber dome keyboards with N-key rollover (i.e. no ghosting) as well

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You guys' keyboards are haunted? :ohdear:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Who you gonna call?

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Jerusalem posted:

i blame all my misclicks on the ghost in the machine

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

my keyboard:

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

N-key rollover is actually what prompted me to replace my old keyboard. I was working on a project that sometimes required me to press a bunch of keys at once (the keyboard was emulating multiple controllers) and my workarounds like "plug in several lovely keyboards to multiply the number of keys you can press" were getting a bit ridiculous.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

yours isn't??

https://cannonkeys.com/products/domikey-ghost

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Triarii posted:

Honestly I just went and tried out my crusty old $20 keyboard, and even with months of practice on the mechanical one, I still type faster on that thing.

The ms surface weird cover thing is actually a fantastic keyboard.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I only use ergonomic keyboards, generally from Microsoft's since they are reliable and comfy. Can't gently caress up my wrists and fingers more than they already are.

Also, the noise of mechanical keyboards irks me like few other things. The more power to whoever likes that stuff, but not for me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hwurmp posted:

my keyboard:

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Doom tie-in keyboard with something like this.

Oh man that thing is definitely haunted, because I felt a deep dread wash over me the moment I looked at its foul mockery of God's creation :gonk:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Saoshyant posted:

I only use ergonomic keyboards, generally from Microsoft's since they are reliable and comfy. Can't gently caress up my wrists and fingers more than they already are.

Also, the noise of mechanical keyboards irks me like few other things. The more power to whoever likes that stuff, but not for me.

Not all mechanical keyboard are clacky and your wrists are supposed to be hosed up or you're not typing hard enough.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mechanical keyboards can be as quiet as membrane, if you pick quiet switches. And yeah, the Q10’s split “Alice” layout (with dual bs!) is nice. At some point I’ll get around to seriously learning the Moonlander…

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

the most ergonomic keyboards nowadays are mechanicals, if you go all the way down the rabbit hole you end up with something like this

there's silent mechanical switches if you don't like the noise

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I ain’t playin a game where I need to type that much it necessitates a keyboard like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I like he clacky sounds but I used to use quiet switches for work. the main thing as someone pointed out, they have higher end boards and can register multiple key inputs and tend to be built better as well.