Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

GigaPeon posted:

gently caress. PPShow was like my pure heroin. I can't go back to the weaker poo poo.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

It does look like the PPers are filtering back into BBBY and now they're fighting. This should generate some excitement.

Did you know that Dream on Me is a shadow corporation and front for Sixth Street's 10 billion dollar claim and is secretly owned by Bed Bath and Beyond, Ryan Cohen and Sue Glove??

Any Day Now the New Equity will be sent out and we'll have both our New Shares plus the Old Shares will be MOSSed for phone book numbers!

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 21, 2023

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

It does look like the PPers are filtering back into BBBY and now they're fighting. This should generate some excitement.

They are also in the comments on the gangnam style video

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
It will be interesting to watch what happens with the two semi-independent strains of BBBY brainworms being reintroduced to the same petri dish. r/BBBY was a ghost town, but of the few comments being made maybe 10% or so were from people who recognize that they will never moon. The door to reality was cracked the tiniest bit open, but I'm sure it slams shut now.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

some of them are also starting to show up beyond_uranus but it’s like smoking resin compared to the pure highs of ppshiw

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what is pp , did they name themselves after piss?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
PPSeeds is a guy who has a YouTube live show about BBBY and other meme stocks. Until today his subreddit /r/ThePPShow was the only safe place on Reddit for them to talk their insane theories with strong moderation of anyone critical.

Allegedly he works at a sex shop which is why they’re obsessed with dildos.

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 21, 2023

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

AMC dropped a little over 7% today. :lol:

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

PPSeeds is a guy who has a YouTube live show about BBBY and other meme stocks. Until today his subreddit /r/ThePPShow was the only safe place on Reddit for them to talk their insane theories with strong moderation of anyone critical.

Allegedly he works at a sex shop which is why they’re obsessed with dildos.

I've never actually tuned in, but apparently all he does is have randos on and he smiles and nods while they talk crazy and then they give him money.

He's truly a genius.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Brain Curry posted:

They are also in the comments on the gangnam style video

...why?

why there of all places lol

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Boxturret posted:

...why?

I assume it was a per-arranged place to "meet up" if the board was closed, I mean it's just one of the worst ones imaginable. It's the internet, basically anywhere else would of been better. I'm guessing they had a discussing about the song/video once and it became an in joke or something?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Meme Stock Madness: Now relegated to the Gangnam Style comments section.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

...why?

It's an old Onion joke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4mMY2Kl3GY

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

GigaPeon posted:

I've never actually tuned in, but apparently all he does is have randos on and he smiles and nods while they talk crazy and then they give him money.

He's truly a genius.

Goddamn, I’d rather be poor.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Nm

Zero One fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 22, 2023

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It looks like some of them have gone to a website called Lemmy? Seems like it's supposed to be to Reddit what Mastodon is to Twitter. https://lemmy.world/c/theppshow Not sure if it will catch on but in the short term it's something to keep an eye on.

So people get to harass my poor innocent stock ticker all day and face no consequences, but I post one guy's home address and my community gets banned? SMH.

We must be onto something monumental for (((them))) to have taken the unprecedented, completely unbelievable step of banning a subreddit. That doesn't just happen.

If you are confused, it just means you haven't spent enough time reading the scripture.

Well, that's all in the past. Now, thanks to Lemmy, the free thinking apes of the PP Show can finally post without being shackled by the Reddit administrators and their six-figure hedge fund paychecks. Let's see what new horizons of financial wisdom they are pioneering over there.

(To be clear, the "new books" are part of his series of books for three-year olds)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ariong posted:

It looks like some of them have gone to a website called Lemmy? Seems like it's supposed to be to Reddit what Mastodon is to Twitter. https://lemmy.world/c/theppshow Not sure if it will catch on but in the short term it's something to keep an eye on.

It won't last. Voat didn't last.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
i ate corn and Warren Buffett went to the corn school so that must mean we are right

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Chief McHeath posted:

i ate corn and Warren Buffett went to the corn school so that must mean we are right

lol, He Who Walks Behind the Rows is right, you both are just trying to steal some reflected glory.

lame.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

"Reddit is bought!" I wail, on Reddit, a platform that has been publicly purchased twice

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Lemmy was brought up a bunch as a potential place to run to during the mod blackouts a few months ago. IIRC even during the time when everyone was talking of running from Reddit few people were using it.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Neito posted:

Lemmy was brought up a bunch as a potential place to run to during the mod blackouts a few months ago. IIRC even during the time when everyone was talking of running from Reddit few people were using it.

I don't think it's a particularly (technologically) mature platform. I use Mastodon and I looked into Lemmy when I dropped Reddit - there was a server I was interested in but making an account required some manual greenlight from the administrator. But! because it's federated I can follow the Lemmy instance from my Mastodon account and interact with comments. But! I can't make posts, just replies to other people's posts.

It's about 70% of the way there.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Hedgies r fuk

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brain Curry posted:

Hedgies r fuk

Not the most intuitive joke.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
pp probably had a livable income stream and he hosed it up by buying a dumb loving rear end in a top hat lol

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Brain Curry posted:

Hedgies r fuk

At this point I honestly don’t know if that’s intentional or not. Cohen must know his insane followers are going to analyze every single thing he produces.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

At this point I honestly don’t know if that’s intentional or not. Cohen must know his insane followers are going to analyze every single thing he produces.

He was intentionally sending coded messages and interacting with apes early on, I wouldn't be surprised if he thought this was a game.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

pp probably had a livable income stream and he hosed it up by buying a dumb loving rear end in a top hat lol

many such cases

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I guess is worth noting that even those lunatics think Elon is poo poo

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Elias_Maluco posted:

I guess is worth noting that even those lunatics think Elon is poo poo

But if he went public they'd have to be first in line to buy the float, since "short attacks" would immediately send the stock price into the dumpster.

What is the obvious reason he mentions that he can't support Elon?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Serious_Cyclone posted:

But if he went public they'd have to be first in line to buy the float, since "short attacks" would immediately send the stock price into the dumpster.

What is the obvious reason he mentions that he can't support Elon?

Who knows? In my head stock meme bros are almost the same kind of people as crypto bros and those usually love Musk

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

He literally made millions off of them from the BBBY play, so the only reason not to do it is if you're worried that the SEC or congress might start looking at you again.

DFV/RoaringKitty hosed off and went silent almost certainly because he was just a rando that made bank from the apes and had to talk to congress about it, and didn't want to risk that poo poo again (or getting doxed/stalked/swatted by an ape).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I don't think it's a particularly (technologically) mature platform. I use Mastodon and I looked into Lemmy when I dropped Reddit - there was a server I was interested in but making an account required some manual greenlight from the administrator. But! because it's federated I can follow the Lemmy instance from my Mastodon account and interact with comments. But! I can't make posts, just replies to other people's posts.

It's about 70% of the way there.

Pretty much everyone who's on the internet long enough gets into the habit of being ready to jump ship from their usual platforms, even before they start getting enshittified.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

speak for yourself they can pry neopets from my cold dead hands

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

GolfHole posted:

speak for yourself they can pry neopets from my cold dead hands

The new management seems to be trying as hard as they can to do just that.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They somehow worse than the scientologists?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Just saw this yesterday on neopets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzP8oYS7qOs

The new management want a a do-over after supposedly ditching the crypto/ blockchain bullshit. Most interesting part of the video was the fate of the original founders - despite making a fortune from selling the site they're now crypto evangelists.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I remember seeing an official announcement video from Neopets a couple months ago which was very 'baby come back' though I didn't have much context for it.

lol that they literally got 4 million bucks from crypto investors and spent it in getting rid of every trace of crypto poo poo in the game

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
https://youtu.be/NwJM3Qqb5Ls?si=Lf12lyyuop3jEvC8

I’m staring into the youtube video essay NFT neopets abyss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I hadn't heard about the crypto poo poo; just the youtube algorithm bringing me long videos of diehard neopets fans cautiously excited for the new management for some reason?