Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Yeah the problem is the icons are not distinctive enough and they should label them in text too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

With s5 resolution Pela shouldn't need Penacony/Vonwacq, just level 10 in her trace. Though this assumes having her eidolon that gets you to 12. The only character I know who you could say needs Penacony to reduce their ult rotation, it's Tingyun. Though given her agro you can just get lucky when the enemy chain targets her anyway. SW can use it for a two turn rotation too but I don't think she needs it given the duration is three turns and as a support she's not going to deal much damage with it. I don't know enough about Welt to speak on him. On Clara and Topaz this is a monumentally stupid idea please don't do it. Salsotto is just an amazing set.

It's mostly just idle thoughts more than anything.

For Welt, it only works if he's e2. That generates energy every time he hits an imprisoned enemy. That's why it comes down to rng after turn 2, depending on how soon the enemies get to act again.

Edit: Welt's e1 makes him hit harder for 2 turns after he ults, and his talent makes him hit harder against slowed/imprisoned enemies. An er rope appears to be a net dps gain vs. an attack rope, even if using him as a hypercarry.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 23, 2023

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Huo’s grown on me a bit with the ghost hunting adventures, having her not crying 24/7 during the plot and the fun of the investigations has helped - especially since the group chat feels very natural as a friend’s group from the milk tea shenanigans to the way they make joke echoes.

A+ abandon main plot just give me goofy pokemon/ghostbuster events.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
I currently use Vonwacq but it is actually a hinderance on my Tingyun because of her light cone. Vonwacq advance forward means she goes first because it's hard to outspeed that with SW or Pela without them also having Vonwacq which they don't need. My SW needs 145+ speed for her Banditry relic set. Ideally I want them to act next anyway to apply some lc/talent def shred for dhil to go after, but that means the 30% damage buff from Tingyun's light cone will go to one of those two and not to Dhil who only has 138 speed. Penacolony will actually be better for me than the vonwacq even though no other lightning users because then I can open with Pela/SW normal attack, ult+skill with Tingyun ensuring Dhil is optimally set up with some def shred and buffs from tingyun's ult/skill/lightcone for his turn one.

Samurai_Hitman
Sep 19, 2000

delfin posted:

Well, huh. I'll have to dig out my reading glasses to make those out on my phone.

Some of the SU occurrences have additional choices that count for the secret objective as well based on the path you are running. Most notably hunt has one with the triple trotter reward room event.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Bailu got the zoomies
https://i.imgur.com/RiFZZYb.mp4

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Relic farming is terrible. It's somehow even worse than Genshin here. A lot worse. Not sure if that's mathematically true or my luck is just sad.

At least we've got auto battle.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I loving love Topaz. She just enables so much stupid poo poo.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 hours!)

anyone else stopped doing echo of wars even if its for honor pts? I just have so many of the weekly mats already.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's a slightly cheaper way to get relic leveling fodder.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

GateOfD posted:

anyone else stopped doing echo of wars even if its for honor pts? I just have so many of the weekly mats already.

similar to genshin boss rushes, no, i will never stop

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Bad Video Games posted:

I loving love Topaz. She just enables so much stupid poo poo.

Yeah she and Clara let me punch high above level 70 in SU and Swarm (especially once i unlocked elation path for the latter) but I'm at the point where I need to get to tb 60 I think

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FireWorksWell posted:

Yeah she and Clara let me punch high above level 70 in SU and Swarm (especially once i unlocked elation path for the latter) but I'm at the point where I need to get to tb 60 I think

If you have Kafka, throw her in there, too. It's so loving stupid. Who needs dual dps when you can have triple dps? :D

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I don't have her yet, I started when the banner before Topaz was out. I've gotten Sampo twice from rolling that one so I've had my eye on her anyway

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Xalidur posted:

Relic farming is terrible. It's somehow even worse than Genshin here. A lot worse. Not sure if that's mathematically true or my luck is just sad.

Part of it is that there's no "flex" slot in this game. In Genshin, I need to get either the right element goblet or the right crit headpiece, and can just take an off-set piece for the other artifact. In Star Rail, I just can't use the relic set until speed boots present themselves.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
They should have just had boots always be speed like how gloves are always attack and headpieces are always HP, because 95% of the cast will always want speed boots and the 5% that don't need them/can benefit more from something else instead still don't completely hate them.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Kanos posted:

They should have just had boots always be speed like how gloves are always attack and headpieces are always HP, because 95% of the cast will always want speed boots and the 5% that don't need them/can benefit more from something else instead still don't completely hate them.

That's by design to make you dump more energy to get usable pieces. Same with ERR ropes, and flat substats. Thanks, f2p game design!!!!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah like flat substats wouldn't be completely useless if they were added to base, or even just were multiplied by your % modifiers. But no, gently caress you.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
My ice relics are so bad, the optimizer tells me to ignore set piece and just pick juicy rainbow pieces that are in use by other characters for +8.44% damage.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

That's by design to make you dump more energy to get usable pieces. Same with ERR ropes, and flat substats. Thanks, f2p game design!!!!

I mean, there's some obvious push and pull with that particular design aspect because we have two gear pieces with fixed mainstats. They could have easily have made gloves and hats pull from an RNG stat pool too.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

GateOfD posted:

I'm just going to replay the Cocolia fight for Wildfire tbh

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The weeklies are high value to get musketeer relics, currency for the MoC shop at only 30 stamina, and a huge points increase on your BP

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

thankfully you only really have a few viable sets at the moment and we get a decent income of self modeling resin, but it certainly feels a lot harder to get a good setup on a character (let alone a great one with your desired substats)

they also roll out the targeted crafting of new sets immediately, so i try to stay on top of melting bad pieces of gear and doing targeted crafting on new pieces that im looking for crit or elemental damage or whatever on.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hilarious how it took me this long to get a D5 Nihility clear.

New personal best Kafka ult though!

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

AshtonDragon posted:

Part of it is that there's no "flex" slot in this game. In Genshin, I need to get either the right element goblet or the right crit headpiece, and can just take an off-set piece for the other artifact. In Star Rail, I just can't use the relic set until speed boots present themselves.

I didn't consider this at all. That makes a lot of sense.

I'll +1 the idea of Boots always being Speed.

I would also submit the idea that we should get Perfectly Statted Relics as event rewards from time to time.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just try not to sweat relics too much. Even with my poo poo gear, I can clear all the content in the game. I'm not doing it fast, which will probably impact the new MoC levels and new mode. We'll see. Level relics to 15 and trace your characters properly, level characters and light cones to 80 and it's much easier. Harder content is still a challenge, but doable.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I do get 30 stars in MoC these days, but I think that's mostly because SSJ Daniel and Jingliu were silly power creep and I got them both. The good times will eventually end!

I do feel a little held back by Bailu and Gepard being my sustains (by Gepard more so than Bailu tbh) but I think I'm still skipping Huohuo to get Blade~

I won't be fooled by giving every single new enemy annoying CC. I'm onto your marketing strategies, hoyoverse.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

I definitely feel more inclined to grind out good relics for less-OP characters. Jingliu? She can get by with hand-me-down Quantum pieces. Qingque? She's exactly 129 speed (doesn't need 134 because of her self speed buff) and has super good high crit relics.

To that end, I do want some really good pieces of the new sets. The DoT crew and Topaz/Himeko could use some work.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, I would hate if boots always had speed. Literally, half of my DPS units want attack boots. All speed would suck.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 hours!)

yea i like the option of using atk boots if i wanna forgo the standard atk rope and go energy regen for it.
and the defense boots for some preservation characters

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Xalidur posted:

I didn't consider this at all. That makes a lot of sense.

I'll +1 the idea of Boots always being Speed.

I would also submit the idea that we should get Perfectly Statted Relics as event rewards from time to time.

I've always thought in Genshin that a good anniversary gift would've been a token to let you create one artifact of any set and any slot with a main stat and sub stats of your choice.

The community would go crazy for it and it would be a drop in the ocean considering how many characters they pump out.

In Star Rail those could just be Super Duper Special Resin.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Xalidur posted:

You gotta get in the right mindset. Zero expectations. Just think of it as "farming relic XP," and it's a fun coincidence if you get gear with good stats.

At least you can turn relics to XP items more easily in this than in Genshin (unless they updated Genshin at some point to let you do something similar).

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
At least with traces you can see some progress over time. Relic farming you can go days without seeing an upgrade, if not more.

Up to nine characters with maxed traces now, incidentally

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Samurai_Hitman posted:

Some of the SU occurrences have additional choices that count for the secret objective as well based on the path you are running. Most notably hunt has one with the triple trotter reward room event.

And that's 7 for 7, so thank you, everybody. Hunt was next to last, Abundance was last.

So all that's left is finishing Difficulty V, where that 15-level difference is a bastard to overcome.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Bad Video Games posted:

Also, I would hate if boots always had speed. Literally, half of my DPS units want attack boots. All speed would suck.

The DPS who want attack can still do totally okay with speed, because squeezing out a couple extra actions per battle of punching a man in the face goes a fairly long way to compensating for the lost DPS from losing ATK% boots. The characters who want speed frequently can't function at all well without it, especially sustains and supports who need to make sure their sustain and buff buttons have 100% uptime.

I'd take a few DPS having a very slight performance drop over not having to grind forever to get speed boots on the vast majority of the cast who desperately need it.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 23, 2023

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The ability to craft any Relic with any main stat kind of takes a bit of the edge off. So yeah, sub-stat farming will always be a thing. If you need Speed boots though, you can get them. If you need a ERR rope, you can get it. It might not be perfect, but you can get it.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

acumen posted:

At least with traces you can see some progress over time. Relic farming you can go days without seeing an upgrade, if not more.

Up to nine characters with maxed traces now, incidentally

I think people are a little too critical of usable relics in general, and miss out on upgrades without rolling the piece up. Take poo poo to +6 if it's possible to end up usable. It is a bummer that it takes so much material to go beyond +6, though, and definitely disincentivizes people from taking risks on mediocre but potentially adequate upgrades

Not pointing this take at you, the convo just led me to wanting to post this and see what others think

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Tae posted:

The weeklies are high value to get musketeer relics, currency for the MoC shop at only 30 stamina, and a huge points increase on your BP

Yeah, BP has an extra 20 levels now for some free credits and crafting resin. Also, 30 stamina for 3 relic pieces is better than 40 stamina for 2, sometimes 3 pieces. Musketeer and Thief are plenty usable if they have good substats.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just wish I could get an Attack chest for Kafka. It just refuses to show up.

Mulva posted:

The ability to craft any Relic with any main stat kind of takes a bit of the edge off. So yeah, sub-stat farming will always be a thing. If you need Speed boots though, you can get them. If you need a ERR rope, you can get it. It might not be perfect, but you can get it.

Yeah, the substats will be absolutely rear end, but at least you can guarantee the mainstat and piece you need. I've got a pair of speed boots with flat hp, def, and attack. But I keep them around just so I can throw them on someone while I grind better poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

big cummers ONLY posted:

I think people are a little too critical of usable relics in general, and miss out on upgrades without rolling the piece up. Take poo poo to +6 if it's possible to end up usable. It is a bummer that it takes so much material to go beyond +6, though, and definitely disincentivizes people from taking risks on mediocre but potentially adequate upgrades

Not pointing this take at you, the convo just led me to wanting to post this and see what others think

Oh yeah I agree with this. All my characters have relics with at least one appropriate substat (and my main DPS only have one or two pieces each that have <2) so it's pure RNG farming now. If you don't even have a substat you should definitely still be looking for em.