Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I irritated someone enough for them to waste 10 American dollars to change a picture I don't care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Platystemon posted:

Dang there are a lot of people with the avatar of Biden gripping the table to avoid being sucked into the portal to Hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs_hzMWzeXM

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bulletsponge13 posted:

I irritated someone enough for them to waste 10 American dollars to change a picture I don't care about.

first time?

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Al-Saqr posted:

fellas how big of a fuckup is it for the APC driver to allow someone to walk over, hand-place an ATGM right on the door where your soldiers come out from and successfully run away?

https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1727376261398630718?s=20

What do you think the "GM" in "ATGM" stand for?

There's no need to use the fancy words, you can just say "bomb" as the tweet does.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Xakura posted:

What do you think the "GM" in "ATGM" stand for?

There's no need to use the fancy words, you can just say "bomb" as the tweet does.

Looks like it was pretty guided to me

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Alchenar posted:

Looks like it was pretty guided to me

Ah yes, but, it fails to meet the basic definition of a missile.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Doctrine neutral, structure radical on the ATGM chart. Organic guidance and propellant

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
as long as he at least tossed it on to the tank I'm comfortable calling it a missile, even if he only tossed it like 6 inches. if he set it down on there I just can't call it a missile.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

as long as he at least tossed it on to the tank I'm comfortable calling it a missile, even if he only tossed it like 6 inches. if he set it down on there I just can't call it a missile.

Definitely looks like he placed it on there and gave it a nice pat to ensure it was attached.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s less fake than the backronym for “RPG”, or everything surrounding the use of the term “drone”.

Also “recoilless rifle”

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I dunno. I'd be pretty pissed off if someone promised me a crate of ATGMs and it turned out to be a bunch of anti-tank grenades.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You’ll get Tootsie Rolls, and you’ll be grateful for them.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's an HPGG

Hand Patted Guided Grenade

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Posting to check my forum ‘tar

E: still sipping the dumb bitch juice awww yeahhhh!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

If he tossed it, it's either a dumb bomb or artillery.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Godholio posted:

Arm propelled grenade

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Ruchnoy Protivotankovy Granatomyot”

Handheld ☑️
Antitank ☑️
Grenade ☑️
Launcher ❌

Use a sling or an atlatl if you want it to be an RPG.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This might come up in the news later lol

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

What am I looking at in that photo

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Count Roland posted:

I'm guessing a native American tribe in the big parade and someone was holding up a Palestinian flag.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it coming up in the news would involve white people remembering that native americans exist

they don't like doing that for some reason

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bulletsponge13 posted:

The idiot on social media is the person aggressively buying avatars for people who are calling him a dumbass

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

orange juche posted:

The idiot on social media is the person aggressively buying avatars for people who are calling him a dumbass

I counted 13. Dude spent nice dinner money to show how not mad they are about people correcting him on an obviously dumb statement.

When Trump declared/reckonized Jerusalem as the capital, it was a signal to the Right Wingers in Israel.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Count Roland posted:

The Wampanoag were the tribe that the colonists had the first Thanksgiving with, according to 2nd grade history. The colonists massacred them over the years as they got their footing, to include in around 1670 killing the son of the Wampanoag chief who was critical to helping the colonists survive their first winters, whose head was placed on a pike. The colonists did Thanksgiving more regularly after massacres became more frequent, but they were still like, not an annual thing at all.

It's hosed up they're doing this because Thanksgiving is actually about good food and family, not having to acknowledge the actual history of this nation, and solidarity with Palestine makes them terrorists by association now let's watch some football before having a road rage incident in a Best Buy parking lot tomorrow

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Godholio posted:

Dude is a fusilier

e: well that's embarrassing, clearly a grenadier. What was I thinking.

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 23, 2023

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

maffew buildings posted:

The Wampanoag were the tribe that the colonists had the first Thanksgiving with, according to 2nd grade history. The colonists massacred them over the years as they got their footing, to include in around 1670 killing the son of the Wampanoag chief who was critical to helping the colonists survive their first winters, whose head was placed on a pike. The colonists did Thanksgiving more regularly after massacres became more frequent, but they were still like, not an annual thing at all.

It's hosed up they're doing this because Thanksgiving is actually about good food and family, not having to acknowledge the actual history of this nation, and solidarity with Palestine makes them terrorists by association now let's watch some football before having a road rage incident in a Best Buy parking lot tomorrow

There's nothing more American than massacring the people that help you achieve your objectives :patriot:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
the munition knows what it is by knowing what it isn't

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

maffew buildings posted:

This is probably for another thread so I’ll keep it one off, but you have made me curious: Were the colonists on some kind of mission? Like, what changed over 200ish years between the Wampanoag and the colonists - why did they expand into Wampanoag lands instead of spreading out, which would surely have been easier and less likely to end up dead from your former buddies.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A.o.D. posted:

I almost never see any BDA in hamas videos. It's either deliberate because they're not getting the results they want or they don't know what they're doing, and their videos are too slickly produced for incompetence to be a credible factor.
The aesthetic I get from the Hamas videos is more like a Steven Seagal movie where they try to make it look cool by speeding it up really fast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7VdAD7eNDk

It's cheap and stupid but entertaining. Israeli propaganda is more like a big corporation. They spend a lot of money and literally hire big companies in the advertising business to sell Israel to Americans, but it comes across as evil to people, or there's something "not quite right" about it because of the way it's produced.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Beefeater1980 posted:

This is probably for another thread so I’ll keep it one off, but you have made me curious: Were the colonists on some kind of mission? Like, what changed over 200ish years between the Wampanoag and the colonists - why did they expand into Wampanoag lands instead of spreading out, which would surely have been easier and less likely to end up dead from your former buddies.

When you start a colony in inhabited land, you’re gonna have to do some light genocide as part of the ramp-up process.

They were never “buddies” except when it suited the colonists.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Beefeater1980 posted:

they were never friends and the colonists had christ on their side, like the united states does today, hth

here's a livestream of a national day of mourning event in new england - note, I 100% love uncle sam, freedom, brands and believe in the united states and it's mission to help ensure the rapture i mean safety for our brave ally israel, but sharing anyway and won't post anymore about the topic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR4wLyUYFss

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 23, 2023

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Beefeater1980 posted:

why did they expand into Wampanoag lands instead of spreading out, which would surely have been easier and less likely to end up dead from your former buddies.

The Wampanoag, not being morons and knowing the land, had probably settled into some rich, fertile and sheltered areas... exactly the ideal spots that the colonists would also have wanted to settle in.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Beefeater1980 posted:

TLDR: Puritans

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

the munition knows what it is by knowing what it isn't

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
october 7th footage of two hamas guys scaring the poo poo out of a dozen and a half IDF troopers

https://twitter.com/megatron_ron/status/1727722015774142870?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Quackles posted:

TLDR: Puritans

Never forget that they were quite literally Oliver Cromwell's kinfolk.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

The aesthetic I get from the Hamas videos is more like a Steven Seagal movie where they try to make it look cool by speeding it up really fast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7VdAD7eNDk

It's cheap and stupid but entertaining. Israeli propaganda is more like a big corporation. They spend a lot of money and literally hire big companies in the advertising business to sell Israel to Americans, but it comes across as evil to people, or there's something "not quite right" about it because of the way it's produced.

I think Hamas could benefit by studying Ukraine's propaganda more closely.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Al-Saqr posted:

october 7th footage of two hamas guys scaring the poo poo out of a dozen and a half IDF troopers

https://twitter.com/megatron_ron/status/1727722015774142870?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

What does this video bring to the discussion?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Al-Saqr posted:

I don't see anything worth discussing in this video. What am I missing, in your opinion?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I don't see anything worth discussing in this video. What am I missing, in your opinion?

Their opinion.

I've been a little lax on enforcing this, but don't just drop poo poo into the thread and expect conversation to happen about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It's not exactly a unique experience in the history of warfare for a small, attacking force that has the initiative (like Hamas arguably did on October 7) to rout a larger force, which seems to be exactly what happened here.