Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, i'm hoping we can basically get 'tribes: ascend but done right from the beginning this time' but i'm not exactly super confident that it won't be mismanaged to poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ugh, why is Tribes so cursed? I played the first 2 games to absolute death for years.
Vengeance sucked rear end except for its surprisingly ok singleplayer campaign and I didn't have the computer to play Ascend until it was already dead!

Then there were a couple of knock offs that came and went.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

*does Carnac bit*

Battle royale extraction shooter

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

:hmmyes:

Oh

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tiny Timbs posted:

*does Carnac bit*

Battle royale extraction shooter

you must be mistaken, they already tried that

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Tribes Ascend was my only Tribes game but I had a lot of fun with it for a time. Dropped out of playing it before the apparent shitshow and abandonment. If they could recapture what made it good in the first place with the new game, I would like that. Skiing down mountains at breakneck speed, shooting razor disks at dicks

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Midair plays great but they botched the release of it and no one plays it anymore except a dedicated group on a discord playing PUGs.

I don't know what's more cursed, a modern Tribes followup or a modern S.T.A.L.K.E.R. follow up.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They specifically mention that the physics team from TA is involved, so without playing it I can safely say it's dead in the water

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Jehde posted:

I don't know what's more cursed, a modern Tribes followup or a modern S.T.A.L.K.E.R. follow up.

I would definitely say Tribes. Hypothetically, STALKER 2 is being made in adverse eastern European conditions like its predecessors and--thanks to bombs, fires, and disruptions--would have every promise of being as janky as its ilk.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I would definitely say Tribes. Hypothetically, STALKER 2 is being made in adverse eastern European conditions like its predecessors and--thanks to bombs, fires, and disruptions--would have every promise of being as janky as its ilk.
didn't the stalker 2 lot briefly talk about blockchain poo poo

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I think they backed out of it.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Are Half-Life mods still being made these days? What's good?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Jehde posted:

Midair plays great but they botched the release of it and no one plays it anymore except a dedicated group on a discord playing PUGs.

Midair 2 is currently in closed beta, hopefully they can fix whatever those issues were. (I haven't been following it for very long but a mutual friend gave out some keys.)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

90s Cringe Rock posted:

anilEhilated posted:

I think they backed out of it.

Yeah they performed a 180 on the decision literally 90 minutes after explaining why they were bringing NFTs to STALKER 2. GSC saying "sorry, sorry I'm trying to delete it" while the ink's still drying.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://www.pcgamer.com/embracer-exec-says-laying-off-hundreds-of-people-was-an-agonising-process-but-that-restructuring-is-how-we-win/

lol gently caress you Embracer guy.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
embracer exec should embrace the fleeting stead of death

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

robocop still owns

edit:

Convex fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 23, 2023

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Convex posted:

robocop still owns

edit:

Any word on how Robocop runs on fairly cruddy hardware? Family PC is a Ryzen 5700GE with 32GB RAM and an Arc A380, and try as I might I haven’t seen any vids of the game running on that card even though it’s the base listed requirement.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Sir Lemming posted:

Midair 2 is currently in closed beta, hopefully they can fix whatever those issues were. (I haven't been following it for very long but a mutual friend gave out some keys.)

I think they opened it up recently and there are regular playtests on weekends. It's LT mode only tho. Light armor restricted 6v6 which the pug ppl have played since t1.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The Dusk Dev tweeted about it earlier, but EVERYTHING in Robocop explodes. I've literally never seen anything quite like it. The first time I threw an exploding gas tank I just sat in awe at the level of carnage. Its like some alternate timeline of FPS game dev.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I like a lot about the Robocop game except for its movement, I get wanting to remain... accurate and all but good grief he's so god damned slow. Give the man some loving WHEELIES or something!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Deakul posted:

I like a lot about the Robocop game except for its movement, I get wanting to remain... accurate and all but good grief he's so god damned slow. Give the man some loving WHEELIES or something!
They could always take the best thing from the worst Robocop movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS-3dF-Qtfg&t=47s

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Narcissus1916 posted:

The Dusk Dev tweeted about it earlier, but EVERYTHING in Robocop explodes. I've literally never seen anything quite like it.

Goldeneye? :v:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Deakul posted:

Give him Heelies like in Heavy Gear 2.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

LazyMaybe posted:

They could always take the best thing from the worst Robocop movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS-3dF-Qtfg&t=47s

The credits?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Hasturtium posted:

Any word on how Robocop runs on fairly cruddy hardware? Family PC is a Ryzen 5700GE with 32GB RAM and an Arc A380, and try as I might I haven’t seen any vids of the game running on that card even though it’s the base listed requirement.

I have a 1080 (non-Ti), 16GB RAM and an i5-9600k and it runs pretty well with a mixture of Epic/High settings, using TSR at 70% for resolution scaling. The screenshots above used these settings and it looks great! I think the biggest thing is UE5 seems to have massively increased the number of dynamic lights and shadows which adds a lot of overhead, but does mean it looks great even in plain environments.

edit:

Narcissus1916 posted:

The Dusk Dev tweeted about it earlier, but EVERYTHING in Robocop explodes. I've literally never seen anything quite like it. The first time I threw an exploding gas tank I just sat in awe at the level of carnage. Its like some alternate timeline of FPS game dev.

you can also just pick people up and throw them into walls to kill them

Convex fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 24, 2023

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Deakul posted:

One of the skill upgrades gets you a dash move which helps with that, but in general I'm ok with how slow Robo moves.

Also the final boss is just loving stupid, both in a fun way and in a tiresome way. It's a hilarious idea to put the old man in the Robocop 2 body but the fight itself is probably the most boring in the game. It's very "to defeat the cyberdemon, shoot it until it dies".

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Convex posted:

you can also just pick people up and throw them into walls to kill them

what about in the game?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

what about in the game?

:v:

Convex fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Nov 24, 2023

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIZZRnHZDgM
pagb666 offers a look to the new Age Of Hell demo, which should be out later today. He says it's better than the old demo. Better performance, more polished, new enemies, new upgrade system, etc.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Give him Heelies like in Heavy Gear 2.

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I said that haha.

It would help so much with the pacing between shootouts.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The only two things I remember about Heavy Gear 2 is the zippy action and the space levels cratering my FPS.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I got a demo disk with Heavy Gear 2 and Giants Citizen Kabuto with my Geforce 2 back in the day, they ran like poo poo but the skating around was cool and the mermaid boobs were cool too!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Gameplay I've seen of Robocop reminds me of...FEAR?

In the way that everything explodes and has particle effects out the rear end.

Seems cool.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://x.com/CSoftproducts/status/1728099823545471323?s=20

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:stare:

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's no cancerous rodent.

I just realized there's a lot of mice/rats in the genre. Or it sure feels that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Trepang2 finished, and other than the fairly bullcrap final fight, it was friggin' awesome! Loved the very tight action which forced you to use everything at your disposal. It's really the best successor to F.E.A.R. we've gotten. There are tons of things to do like all the combat simulator fights and hunting down the rest of the weapon attachments while playing on higher difficulties. I'm looking forward to the future story content!