Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

I’m the perfectly clean and pristine weapons used in fighting a war.

https://twitter.com/idf/status/1727712108421280115

lmfao the tomahawk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

Politico reports that there was 'some concern' inside the Biden Administration that an 'unintended consequence' of the humanitarian pause is that it would 'allow journalists broader access to Gaza' which could 'further illuminate the devastation there and turn public opinion on Israel'

I can't decide whether the Biden administration wants to back out of Israel or is merely being forced into that direction by their own incompetence. This war probably isn't going to end on its own before the election imo

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I can't decide whether the Biden administration wants to back out of Israel or is merely being forced into that direction by their own incompetence. This war probably isn't going to end on its own before the election imo

I can imagine a crusty Old Guard of people who are instinctively 1000% pro-Israel 'cos that's all they've ever known and then there's the younger guys who are still mostly nodding along with this while quietly thinking: "But what has Israel ever done for us, I don't get it..?"

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Sancho Banana posted:

Those released will be encouraged to not get interviewed - but they won't be forbidden to do so. The released hostages will recieve a briefing beforehand and the hospital spokespersons will not be able to act independently, but in accordance with The Ministry of Health and IDF spokesperson. This, so that the state can control what is spoken as much as possible.

hmmmm

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Lmfao they already know the hostages feared the loving carpet bombing campaign more than they feared hamas

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
https://twitter.com/swilkinsonbc/status/1727608854391697557?s=46

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

live laugh kill

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

badass

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Isentropy posted:

live laugh kill

die cry cum

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

child interrogators

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Danann posted:

Covid and Ukraine-Russia basically revealed that the material base of the Anglo empire is broken. It's not a coincidence that it was Israel's war that elicited a rejection of the narrative. The empire is simultaneously demanding material sacrifice and offering nothing in return.

to your point, during the events of October 7, for the first time the speaker of the house was missing and they couldn't even fathom who to put there. The empire couldn't even rouse itself from decay to send a weapons package to their never wrong, very special child in the middle east. In an alternate world where congress was able to they would have immediately approved 100 billion and whatever else was needed.

doubt that would have changed much based on the iof's performance so far into their war, however, I like to see it as evidence it's crumbling faster than expected

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Potato posting, but the most vocally pro-palestine country in western europe is having its first ever race riot. I'm sure its nothing to do with the orchestrations of the reactionary security state.

RedSky has issued a correction as of 22:33 on Nov 23, 2023

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Why are Arab/Muslim leaders asking China to intervene when they've got their own genocide of Uyghur Muslims going on?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If they fully had their way I think it would've been full steam ahead helping Israel ethnically cleanse Gaza.

There's been a bunch of problems for them though. Domestically, they've faced a lot of political pressure due to a total failure to build a case for why Israel doing this is good or necessary (because there's basically no way to make that case). Internationally, it's been a disaster for them in terms of reputation. And militarily they are just flat incapable of managing escalation in the region.

So yeah, if they're leaning in that direction it's forced from their own incompetence.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

RedSky posted:

Potato posting, but the most vocally pro-palestine country in western europe is having its first ever race riot. I'm sure its nothing to do with the orchestrations of the reactionary security state.

Some young children were stabbed today by a lone psycho. The far right jumped on it that he was arab. Some are saying it was a terror attack for Palestine. Racists ran with that and went out rioting. Public transport and refugee centres were set on fire, non-whites are being hassled.

The media class are trying to blame the riots on the pro-palestine marches that have been happening over the last few weeks, with one organized tonight, though I'm not sure what happened with that.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Remember when the IDF executed peace protestors on boats in 2010?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_flotilla_raid

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

as soon as gas was discovered off the shores of gaza their fate was sealed in the eyes of the USA

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1727655678301401189

Heroes

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Is there any reason to think the videos Israel has released of these tunnels are the ones they constructed? I would think if that was the case they would simply have an uninterrupted shot from the hospital grounds to the tunnel. It seems likely to me that's just one Hamas tunnel they have managed to secure, which they have jammed a similar (or the same) stair as exists in that tunnel entrance in the Al-Shifa complex entrance they showed earlier.

Everything I can find suggests that the basement they built was just an ordinary hospital basement so if anyone has anything suggesting something else I would appreciate it. Here's a photo Ynet (Israeli news) claims is from said basement.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

RedSky posted:

could you be a little clearer on where you are talking about? thanks

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Let's loving go

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

mawarannahr posted:

could you be a little clearer on where you are talking about? thanks

Theres a riot consuming the city centre of Dublin, Ireland at the moment. Fascists and opportunists started protesting at the site of a multiple stabbing incident in the north city centre. They were told by right wing media groups that the attacker was "Algerian".

Something like this has been coming.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

err posted:

Remember when the IDF executed peace protestors on boats in 2010?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_flotilla_raid

quote:

Five days after the raid, IDF released an audio recording purporting to be of a radio exchange between the Israeli Navy and the flotilla. After Israeli warnings that the ships were approaching a blockade, voices responded "Go back to Auschwitz!" and "Don't forget 9/11". Denis Healey, the captain of Challenger I, and activist Huwaida Arraf who was on the bridge of the ship, disputed the authenticity of the recording. Israel conceded that it was impossible to trace who made the comments, or from which ship because they were made on an open channel.[73][74] An Israeli journalist who was on board an IDF ship confirmed the IDF accounts.[text 3]

israel been in autopilot playing the hits for a while now

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

RedSky posted:

Theres a riot consuming the city centre of Dublin, Ireland at the moment. Fascists and opportunists started protesting at the site of a multiple stabbing incident in the north city centre. They were told by right wing media groups that the attacker was "Algerian".

Something like this has been coming.

thank you for clarifying. that sucks.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

president xi my flotilla cries out for freedom, please send type 055 guided missile destroyer

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
more seriously it would unironically own if erdogan gets off his lazy rear end and sends some turkish navy ships to protect the flotilla

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cerebral Bore posted:

more seriously it would unironically own if erdogan gets off his lazy rear end and sends some turkish navy ships to protect the flotilla
i don't think he would do it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Does anyone have a full translation of this archived article? Some "fact-checking" outfit is claiming the gunship video is being misrepresented and citing Bellingcat.

https://web.archive.org/web/20231109132729/https://www.ynet.co.il/news/article/b111niukzt

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

godspeed, boats. do better than last time. :pray:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

democratic (derogatory) state

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hope they bring surface to air missiles this time.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

the mythical good computer touchers

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Israeli media getting desperate as Hell look who they're trying to tap for Hasbara:

https://twitter.com/BadEmpanada/status/1727783756226838921?s=20

https://www.themarker.com/captain-internet/2023-11-22/ty-article/0000018b-f816-d330-a9bb-ffd62d4a0000

quote:

Indeed, "Destiny's" activity on social networks comes with a price: "In the areas of the network discourse in which I am active, support for Israel brings with it negative social criticism. But this is the network - in reality the situation is less charged, and there is a greater pro-Israel tendency, especially among the older generations More. A lot of people accuse me of abstracting the discussion, or that I just jump on the topic for views - but this is the Internet, you get used to it," he says.

"The problem is to sort out the information and find out what is true and what is complete lies, and it is often difficult to find out which news organizations and Twitter users are spreading balanced news, or are clearly taking sides. Most people don't bother to read or think deeply about this war before they start arguing and expressing opinions, And these are the people who usually express themselves one-sidedly. I'm not perfect and I don't pretend to know everything about the situation between Israel and Gaza, but I do my best to read and educate myself, and on the way to develop my own opinion, before I express myself online. You have to remember that there are network stations and streamers on issues Politicians and newsmen ultimately also have a responsibility to be informed and balanced - not to spread false information, stick to the facts and be balanced like any news organization. We earn enough for this minimal obligation." He concludes.

This fuckin idiot thinks he's being "balanced," and Israelis are so hard up for prominent "left-liberal" (article quote) support online they're willing to boost the signal of someone who's basically both sidesing the issue.

e:
https://twitter.com/PiersUncensored/status/1727797851772563478?s=20
Norm talking down to Piers Morgan is something else.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 01:13 on Nov 24, 2023

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Israeli media getting desperate as Hell look who they're trying to tap for Hasbara:

https://twitter.com/BadEmpanada/status/1727783756226838921?s=20

a racist pedophile is the perfect spokesman for the state of Israel.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Destiny: I was banned from twitch for saying the "N" word

Interviewer: "Nakba?"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lmao apparently this video game commentator muppet is slated to "debate" Norman Finklestein on I-P

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

On October 7th Destiny said he didn't know anything about the conflict, he is the perfect person to do some quick googling and tell liberals what to think because he digests it and regurgitates it into their mouths

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

smoobles posted:

It's crazy how when describing the exchange the media calls them "Israeli hostages" and "Palestinian prisoners" when the Palestinian prisoners include literal children

makes you think

Sure. The illegitimate state of Israel took them to cause suffering rather than to bargain for their release. Prisoner is more accurate than hostage and less accurate than victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

SplitSoul posted:

Does anyone have a full translation of this archived article? Some "fact-checking" outfit is claiming the gunship video is being misrepresented and citing Bellingcat.

https://web.archive.org/web/20231109132729/https://www.ynet.co.il/news/article/b111niukzt

Just use Google translate and copy paste the text. If it's longer than 5000 characters just click the arrow for the next chunk. Phone posting so this is as cleaned up as I can be bothered with sorry

quote:

Hamas deception of IDF helicopters and directing pilots on WhatsApp | Air Force on the 1st
The first helicopters were actually launched from the north of the country, and arrived in the Gaza Strip about an hour after the fighting began. The terrorists were instructed not to run so that the air would think they were Israelis. The pilots shot over the sides of the fence, and also right inside the settlements. Pilots received information from the ground on cell phones. In 4 hours, about 300 targets were attacked Black Sabbath events

Yoav Zeyton

Documentation of the air force attack on the strip at the beginning of the war
(Photo: IDF spokesman)

The Air Force began summarizing the events of the surprise attack that started the war in Gaza, and it appears that the fog of battle accompanied not only the fighters on the ground, but also the air crews that were launched into the skies of the Western Negev in the first hours of Black Sabbath.

The first pair of combat helicopters that were on immediate alert for the Gaza Division arrived at Otef about an hour or more after the events began, around 8:00-7:30, from the Ramat David camp in the north. This is despite the fact that the mother squadrons of the Apache helicopters are in Camp Ramon, which is closer to the Gaza Strip. Bermon quickly realized that something unusual was developing and brought up, with the commander of the 190 squadron Lt. Col. A himself, a combat helicopter that arrived at Otef at 8:32.

After the pilots realized that there was tremendous difficulty in distinguishing within the occupied outposts and settlements who was a terrorist and who was a soldier or civilian, a decision was made that the first task of the combat helicopters and the armed Zik drones was to stop the flow of terrorists and the murderous mob that poured into Israeli territory through the gaps in the fence. 28 combat helicopters fired over the course of a day The fighting all the ammunition in their stomachs, in rearming rounds. These are hundreds of 30 mm cannon shells (the effect of a spray grenade for each shell) as well as the Hellfire missiles. The rate of fire against the thousands of terrorists was tremendous at first, and only at a certain point did the pilots begin to slow down the attacks and carefully select the targets.

The Hamas army, it turns out, deliberately made it difficult for the helicopter pilots and the operators of the UAVs: in the investigation it became clear that the invading forces were asked in the last briefings to walk slowly into the settlements and outposts or within them, and under no circumstances to run, in order to make the pilots think they were Israelis. This deception worked for a considerable time , until the Apache pilots realized that they had to skip all the restrictions. It wasn't until around 9:00 that some of them began to spray the terrorists with the cannons on their own, without authorization from superiors.

The air activity on the first day was not organized, but even in the sky the pilots improvised solutions to the complicated and unprecedented situation: a large part of the fire direction and receiving the targets from the forces fighting in the field reached the pilots through phone calls or sending pictures on WhatsApp. Against the backdrop of the huge number of murdered and kidnapped people, the Air Force is convinced that if it weren't for the fire assistance and the many attacks carried out by IDF helicopter gunships that day - the carnage would have been much greater.

Another step that helped in the early hours for the air force commanders to understand the seriousness of the incident occurred around 10:00 am, after the commander of the 190 squadron, Lt. Col. A, got off his helicopter in Ramon to re-arm and refuel. He downloaded the full photo film recorded by the helicopter's camera and quickly transmitted it to the corps headquarters In Kriya. In less than 20 minutes he was in the air again, and using the information he produced he instructed the other air fighters to shoot at everything they see in the fence area, and at one point he also attacked an IDF post with besieged soldiers to help the fighters of the 13th Fleet attack it and free it .

In one of the cases, as part of the lifting of the restrictions he undertook, he shot at a range of only 20 meters from the houses of one of the kibbutzim to cover the deputy commander of Division 80 who was jumped from the Sinai sector and killed four terrorists in a fierce battle. According to the Air Force, in the first four hours from the start of the fighting, helicopters and fighter jets attacked about 300 targets, most of them in Israeli territory.

On the ninth day of the war (Sunday), the Air Force is focused on an effort to eliminate senior Hamas officials at the same time as preparing its massive part for a ground entry. Bahil did not address the possibility of the dilemma that would arise in attacking targets where the top of Hamas are hiding - such as Muhammad Daf or Yahya Sinwar - with Israeli hostages next to them as human shields.
Air Force Commander Colonel Tomer Bar and Head of the Air Operations Group Brigadier General Omer Tishler command the countermeasures in the Gaza Strip from the Air Force Base

The Air Force is working to create a new buffer between Israel and the Gaza Strip, up to three kilometers wide, and to encourage the Gazans to move south in anticipation of the heavy damage that will be inflicted on the city and the northern towns. The systemic idea according to which the Air Force is now operating is "the destruction of the military, movement and governmental capabilities of the terrorist organizations in the Gaza Strip that threaten Israel". The pilots were instructed to act calmly and professionally, with an organized operational and intelligence logic behind each of the thousands of attacks carried out so far.