Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

There's some UK studio that still makes political orc bits

which I kind of stumbled on because army painter featured them in one of their tutorials, the aforementioned gretchin revolutionary council.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Does anyone know what the guy in the lower left is called? I'd love to get my hands on one and convert it into a preacher or missionary. I know they're from one of the redemptionist sets in the 90s but I can never find that exact one for sale.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Redemptor Priest. That is the Fanatic set from like 2005ish, so a bit more rare than the Outlanders release was.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Redemptor Priest. That is the Fanatic set from like 2005ish, so a bit more rare than the Outlanders release was.

Awesome, thank you!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Z the IVth posted:

Am I wrong in thinking that the Afrika Korps used a palm tree as their insignia? Vaguely remember seeing something like that on the FoW decal sheets.

They did! It was a palm tree with a small swastika on the trunk.

This is one of maybe three places you might see an "organic" swastika on historical figures without raising red flags.

(The others are the tails of some Luftwaffe planes, displayed on flags draped on early war (grey) German vehicles, or on allied aircraft as kill markings.)

The Tallarn one was a bit obnoxious, since it was clearly a take on the Afrikakorps symbol but the Tallarn fighters were a pastiche of the SAS and Lawrence of Arabia.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Using preexisting symbols always felt like a bit of a copout to me anyway

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
All symbols are pre-existing

Molrok
May 30, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

the stormboyz started out as brace and boots nazi skinheads, as a joke that orks are disorganized so adolescent rebel orks would be into goose stepping and jackboots. they even used to be T3 since they aren't full-grown orks.

So wait do promotions in Blood Axes go in reverse then? Young orks as the officers and once they become too old and meh on stealth & kunning: joining the boyz mob.

Also modern orks have caught up in problematic PR and as such have made adjustments to the uh, problematic glyph.

It's a windmill now! :)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The orks used to be so chaotic and resistant to the warp that they freaked out bloodetters/thirsters. They used to be able to field a possessed ork that was still in full control and his terrified bloodthirster along for the ride.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Happy Thanksgiving! Just gotta keep painting and trying a little more each time; the better will happen.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker
It was better when orks were like that. I understand why big company GW cannot put out products that parody 30s fascist iconography or 80s fascist portraiture, but something has surely been lost.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Possibly my best conversion work I've done so far, despite it being a simple head and arm swap.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Athas posted:

It was better when orks were like that. I understand why big company GW cannot put out products that parody 30s fascist iconography or 80s fascist portraiture, but something has surely been lost.

Nah I can leave it behind in favor of Mad Max football hooligans. At least that's nominally less fascist

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Warhammer could use a little more satire.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Shoehead posted:

OK so my little Broodbrother Squad of psychos and looters are kind of morphing into an Inquisitor's Warband (of psychos and looters), because my AoS Freeguild Marshal showed up and I did this to them

Nice, mine are arriving tomorrow. Going to make some vostroyan officers. Yours looks fantastic!

ro5s posted:

They were notably de-emphasised in the 9th edition codex. There’s no steel legion trooper on the art page showing off the other notable regiments and iirc Armageddon’s barely mentioned.

Bummer. Armageddon was the heyday of my teenage 40k years, I will always think of that campaign fondly. I got really into it back in the day, it was a big letdown to find out that after all that GW kinda wrote off the planet.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Athas posted:

surely you can understand why people would be uncomfortable playing someone whose orks are ironically neo Nazis right

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Shoehead posted:

OK so my little Broodbrother Squad of psychos and looters are kind of morphing into an Inquisitor's Warband (of psychos and looters), because my AoS Freeguild Marshal showed up and I did this to them

Dang those look really good, the bits fit together really well. Also I love some weird Inquisitor guys.

Cooked Auto posted:

Possibly my best conversion work I've done so far, despite it being a simple head and arm swap.

This looks rad! What is the base model?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

We might need a conversions thread.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Eej posted:

surely you can understand why people would be uncomfortable playing someone whose orks are ironically neo Nazis right

Yeah I think we can definitely harken back to these things and make fun of these groups without subjecting a nice, friendly pubbie to something they have a visceral reaction to because it's a real icon.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Virtual Russian posted:

We might need a conversions thread.

Somw sort of modelling and conversion thread like the painting thread would be rad

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ashcans posted:

This looks rad! What is the base model?

The Death Cult Assassin from the Elucian Starstriders.
The head is a daemonette (mouth removed and and ears slightly trimmed down), the braid is from some Dark Eldar set and the dagger is from Eschers.
The demo charge is just some plasticard rods, no idea where the tech gubbins is from, just one bit I had in my boxes.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Somw sort of modelling and conversion thread like the painting thread would be rad

it would be cool, but i don't think it would drown out or be drowned out by convo in the painting thread

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Anyone have Grimnyr build instructions?
Fur some reason GW completely discombobulated the body for this dude and I can't find poo poo on the Warhammer instructions reddit

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

The Demilich posted:

Fur some reason GW completely discombobulated the body for this dude and I can't find poo poo on the Warhammer instructions reddit

I think I do, my partner just got one last month.

edit: found it

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Remember you can email GW Customer support about building constructions and they'll send you a PDF of it. :eng101:

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

The Demilich posted:

pm'd you them

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Hell yes thank you

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

The Demilich posted:

Hell yes thank you

Happy to help!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm looking for a custom waterslide transfer place that can print in white ink. US based ideally but I'll spring for UK/Euro shipping if needed at this point. TIA

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Shoehead posted:

YO!

is how compatible are the cities of sigmar kits with 40k heads and weapons, I would actually be super hype to make an inquisitorial knight-themed imperial guard themed army!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

YO!

is how compatible are the cities of sigmar kits with 40k heads and weapons, I would actually be super hype to make an inquisitorial imperial guard themed army!

any part is compatible with any other, as long as you have epoxy putty, a pinning wire, an xacto knife, and the will to succeed.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

any part is compatible with any other, as long as you have epoxy putty, a pinning wire, an xacto knife, and the will to succeed.

yeah but I mean size wise, because for example if I want to put an IG head on a Cities of Sigmar Body or attempt a lasgun arms or something, if the proportions are close then yeah putty all day! what I cant change is if the head is three times too small for the body

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Neurotyrant painting

Wow dude that looks great!

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

yeah but I mean size wise, because for example if I want to put an IG head on a Cities of Sigmar Body or attempt a lasgun arms or something, if the proportions are close then yeah putty all day! what I cant change is if the head is three times too small for the body

I should have mine tomorrow, I've got cadian heads. I'll report back.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Virtual Russian posted:

I should have mine tomorrow, I've got cadian heads. I'll report back.

Thanks please do!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

lol, I get the drat Grimnyr glued, and then immediately break the base with the floating rocks.

Milliput don't let me down!

Shoehead posted:

That's so hot and it's giving me ideas

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

That is one HELL of a Neurotyrant.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
To resurrect Krieg kitbash talk- would Jakhal heads be more or less in scale with Krieg bodies?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

If you missed the holiday battleforces, they're now appearing on ebay for semi-reasonable prices as stock gets out there. A few listing at $230 for the World Eaters box, for example, but most are $250+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Finally Graduating to 1000 point battle tonight! super loving hyped! first time I'm gonna play a non-combat patrol game! gonna use the full Leviathan box!

Anything I should know about things to keep in mind?

Also, regarding secodary missions, it's not just two secondaries for the whole game? it's each turn? so like you shuffle and change secondaries every time it's your command phase?