Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Yet another naive Australian lad corrupted by the bright lights of flyover country USA :(

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

god

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

WhyteRyce posted:

Because of Josh no one is talking about how CP3 said he had to have a sit down with Foster, his dad, and Doc Rivers because of an incident with his son

Yeah I can’t believe this came out and it’s already an afterthought. Imagining that foster was reffing a middle school game and called his kid for defensive three seconds

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I like to imagine Scott Foster was waiting with this Josh Giddey news and pounced the moment he had to as a smoke screen.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Yeah I can’t believe this came out and it’s already an afterthought. Imagining that foster was reffing a middle school game and called his kid for defensive three seconds

Scott Foster famously called someone for about three seconds. Hundreds of times

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

kingcobweb posted:

Well executed, bravo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I’m imagining it being something really stupid like Foster told Paul to stop acting like a fool in front of his son and then Paul flipping out and saying “keep my sons name out of your mouth”

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

kingcobweb posted:

:golfclap:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Why is everything so exhausting, can we just have a normal basketball week

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Wtf was chris paul talking about

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

Because of Josh no one is talking about how CP3 said he had to have a sit down with Foster, his dad, and Doc Rivers because of an incident with his son

Did not expect CP4 to be involved in the Foster Feud.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

The Dark Souls of Posters posted:

Y’all can relax, Giddey has an iron clad defense,
Can’t read, can’t write, can’t remember what I did last night, Kent State.

an nba player is buying teenagers fishbowls at the brewhouse pub, i cant believe it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Truther Vandross posted:

You won’t have to work too hard to convince someone Ben Simmons couldn’t score 14.

drat

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Feel like it’s killing Magic inside to be associated with such mediocrity :smith:

https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/1727859979330179207

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
I was watching a thunder game on league pass and they interviewed an Australian family of four who were on holiday in Oklahoma because they had seen Josh giddey in the NBL and wanted to see him at the next level. They literally got on tv just by willingly spending time in Oklahoma.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

I’m imagining it being something really stupid like Foster told Paul to stop acting like a fool in front of his son and then Paul flipping out and saying “keep my sons name out of your mouth”

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Algund Eenboom posted:

Alright, I’m putting my foot down: Ben Simmons is NOT a pedophile

He may be a liar, a pig, a pedophile, but he is NOT shooting with his wrong hand.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I was watching a thunder game on league pass and they interviewed an Australian family of four who were on holiday in Oklahoma because they had seen Josh giddey in the NBL and wanted to see him at the next level. They literally got on tv just by willingly spending time in Oklahoma.

it's called slum tourism

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Squinky v2.0 posted:

They literally got on tv just by willingly spending time in Oklahoma.

That’s a much harder ask than you are insinuating.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

TBF why go to Oklahoma when you already live in a hot dusty hellhole of a continent.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

TBF why go to Oklahoma when you already live in a hot dusty hellhole of a continent.

No drop bears in Oklahoma

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

In five years the Camara for Lillard trade will be seen as the beginning of a new era for Portland.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Haha wow that’s perfect

Papes posted:

That’s a much harder ask than you are insinuating.

I just saw an excellent surefire Oscar-winning movie about people willingly living in Oklahoma. Ok, maybe some of them weren’t having the best time,

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

anakha posted:

No drop bears in Oklahoma
you get drop boars instead. feral pigs

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

The Maestro posted:

Haha wow that’s perfect

I just saw an excellent surefire Oscar-winning movie about people willingly living in Oklahoma. Ok, maybe some of them weren’t having the best time,

The one where food networks Pioneer Woman’s husbands family massacred the Osage natives? Good stuff.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

This is vile mischaracterization! Our country is 2/3rds sandy desert but no one would ever call us dusty. Sandy, inhospitable and desolate? Sure. But dusty? Never. And we like it that way.

We also have nice bits on the coast and your lovely rank garbage state of Oklahoma has no nice bits nor any coast.

It should be known that Australia has its own Oklahoma and it's called South Australia. It's where you go to get murdered or be bored to death. And don't pull out 'Adelaide was the third most livable city in the world in 2021' crap because most likely no one who voted on that had ever actually lived there. The whole city is dead after 4.30pm every weekday and dead by 7pm on weekends.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

A Perfect Twist posted:

This is vile mischaracterization! Our country is 2/3rds sandy desert but no one would ever call us dusty. Sandy, inhospitable and desolate? Sure. But dusty? Never. And we like it that way.

We also have nice bits on the coast and your lovely rank garbage state of Oklahoma has no nice bits nor any coast.

It should be known that Australia has its own Oklahoma and it's called South Australia. It's where you go to get murdered or be bored to death. And don't pull out 'Adelaide was the third most livable city in the world in 2021' crap because most likely no one who voted on that had ever actually lived there. The whole city is dead after 4.30pm every weekday and dead by 7pm on weekends.

Replace Adelaide with Brisbane

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

toggle posted:

Yeah but is there a cool punk song about being drunk in every pub in Adelaide?? probably not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1bKujQj32I

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

toggle posted:

Brisbane at least has Fortitude Valley and the West End, even if the suburbs are cultural wastelands.

Adelaide has... two cathedrals and.... a big mall?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Just thought of Giddey putting on some music to set the mood for his girl and picking The Wiggles

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Do they understand numbers backwards in Australia too, maybe he thought she was 71

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Has anyone called him Pedophile Dundee, yet?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

ChickenMedium posted:

Pedophile Dundee

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ChickenMedium posted:

Has anyone called him Pedophile Dundee, yet?

u just did, right now

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Sadly crossing OKC off my list of bandwagon teams.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Had no idea Australia had so much pride in being the 7th best continent until now lmao

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Ugh, I bet he says Giddey Up when he’s about to bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Ugh, I bet he says Giddey Up when he’s about to bust

Nah he says Giggidey a roo is loose in the top paddock