Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
BBQ just isn't as useful to me as it is to others. People figure out you have it pretty quick so you rarely catch someone by surprise these days. Nowhere to Hide is my usual Aura perk paired with Lethal, sometimes use Floods of Rage instead. Floods to me is way more useful than BBQ because it's less predictable, and doesn't have the range restriction BBQ does, just the scourge hook restriction.

My general build is Lethal Pursuer/NTH/(Eruption/Surge/Oppression/Pop/Pain Resonance)/(Bamboozle/STBFL).

If you guys haven't tried out Rapid Brutality + STBFL I recomend it, it's so nice to be able to get rapid fire hits in, and is a good anti-body block as well - carrying a survivor and someone is body blocking? Hit them and get the speed boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
BBQ is incredibly, especially on high mobility killers. No down time after hooking is really important. And in the off chance everyone does go into lockers that's a lot of wasted time for the survivors to hide

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I really love BBQ on Pinhead especially because he's a killer so based on harassing survivors that it really benefits to have a constant idea of where everyone is, but also if you see a survivor in the distance running towards an area with 0 gens it's like "Oh? Do you know something I don't? :getin:" and if you go over there you can very often catch them trying to solve cube.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1727703707003789525?t=Jc9SqjLTBiaAhwJvYQk1uw&s=19

Trickster nerfed just a tiny bit from PTB but is still going to be a monster.

Batteries Not Included being disabled at endgame is dumb, dumb, dumb

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Chucky also nerfed. I'm not exactly sure why, he already seemed kinda tricky to use and his power isn't oppressive, but now his scampers take longer, his recovery is longer etc.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Chucky is already being heralded by streamers as rubbing shoulders(... his shoulders, their shins) with Blight and Nurse so not surprising or unnecessary.

Medullah posted:

Batteries Not Included being disabled at endgame is dumb, dumb, dumb

Seems like the right call to me. 12 meters, +5% and a lingering 5 seconds is enough to be dangerous but niche, as killers are naturally inclined to avoid completed generators and will end up there trying to flush people out or when led their on chases.

Combined with NOED maybe it goes too far and they got a flood of reports of killers casually wiping teams. Numbers in DbD sound small until they aren't. MFT is just 3%, right? 5%(frequent uptime) + NOEDs 4% could be a guaranteed 2K alone.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Doomykins posted:

Chucky is already being heralded by streamers as rubbing shoulders(... his shoulders, their shins) with Blight and Nurse so not surprising or unnecessary.

I mean some streamers were also saying the same thing about the Xenomorph, then people played against it more than twice and it turned out that Xeno was nowhere near the top of the killers.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I mean some streamers were also saying the same thing about the Xenomorph, then people played against it more than twice and it turned out that Xeno was nowhere near the top of the killers.

You gotta remember that the Xeno we saw on release was bugged - successful tail attacks didn't slow her down the way they should have (even on top of the missed attack slowdown they nerfed later) so on release she was at least low A tier simply because she was a bit unrelenting.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Chucky also nerfed. I'm not exactly sure why, he already seemed kinda tricky to use and his power isn't oppressive, but now his scampers take longer, his recovery is longer etc.

Scott rightfully pointed out that Scamper was basically the same speed as a survivor vaulting, meaning their major chase tool was completely and utterly useless. Legion is the same way, but legion can't down you at the end of that vault unless the whole team has hosed up.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The thing is that Xenomorph seemed broken in a slightly overtuned projectile character way, and we should have known it was recency bias because the other projectile-focused characters aren't that broken in loops. Chuckie seems broken in the "if his power's up, he can suddenly lunge around the entire loop to hit you and even if he misses he's still in a much better place to continue the chase" way that the really busted characters are.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I watched a lot of streamers on both PTBs. People thought Xenomorph was powerful but not on the level Chucky is. Even stuff as basic as "a lot of camera tricks won't work on him since he's 3rd person" puts him up high.

And it's not like Xenomorph is bad, I think people just haven't been playing much. I personally have been kicking rear end with him.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Are people picking up any DLC with the sale? I’m thinking of picking up Singularity and trying to get good at him. Seems like a killer with a lot to do but you don’t need to a physics degree to figure how to curve and steer them to be a threat.

Kwolok posted:

If people don't realize chasing the guy who just got off hook, twice in a row so they never get to play the game at all are not incredibly unfun for the survivor on the receiving end, they clearly weren't taught empathy at a young age.

This thread comes up with some bangers sometimes drat

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Last I heard, Singularity is still kinda too easy to screw over when they do anything other than just play a boring all chase game.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, their real problem (besides EMPS still being way too mindless and easy to spam) is that the camera mechanic is DBD.txt in how it gets stopped by random twigs and debris on the map. You end up putting in a monumental effort for a power that might not work and even if it does work out it's not all that great

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I love Singularity but he's REALLY hard to play. I wouldn't recommend picking him up if you're looking for someone "easy" to play - his cameras are finicky, he's too prone to EMP, etc. But he's fun as hell!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I'm gonna be devil's advocate here and say that singularity is great, especially if you have been playing the game for a while as playing him well is completely different than any other killer. His learning curve is a nurse-like wall and you are, like every almost every other killer, completely at the mercy of the map you get but in new fun frustrating ways! It is pretty rad to not give a gently caress about getting sent to the borgo or the temple or the split mines/azarov. Hospital tile will make you want to DC when you see it. Emps barely do anything to stop you unless the survivors know how to actually use them to break chase (they do not, they'll waste them on gen watchers leaving your chase power completely free)

There is almost nothing more hilarious than survivors resetting in a corner and being podded right back before they even make it to a gen

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DbDMobile/status/1727733749402767528?s=20

https://x.com/dvveet/status/1727757180051284207?s=20

Man this looks funny, the hook scurrying away hahaah

Medullah fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 23, 2023

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The fact they've already nerfed Batteries while we had to deal with MFT+Hope for so long really says a lot about the balance priorities.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Honestly I feel like the Chucky changes are fair. Considering the rebalances and the buff to his Slice & Dice basekit duration it feels less like a nerf and more like a gentle rebalancing. I hope the increased cooldown at the end of Slice & Dice doesn't make it feel too punishing to use.

Agreed that the change around Batteries Included is dumb. I feel like you could've just cut the speed boost in half in endgame to make up for the fact that you have more frequent application of the perk, or something.

That said, I largely agree with Otzdarva's complaints lately that the increasing amount of speed boosts in perks just sort of feels like they've run out of ideas and is leading to some very confusing poo poo for new players - you can't expect "okay, the killer/the survivor will reach x point in y seconds" anymore and learn around that, you instead have all these random (stacking!!) speed boosts you have to contend with that make every situation increasingly unpredictable, as well as providing perfect camouflage for speedhacks. I would've preferred they just reworked that perk entirely in some way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

The fact they've already nerfed Batteries while we had to deal with MFT+Hope for so long really says a lot about the balance priorities.

The game is really killer sided at this point, as much as I hate to admit it as a killer main. Sure you get the top tier survivor sweat squads, but at lower play levels? It's definitely a killer's game to lose.

I get them changing things pretty quickly, BUT I think this particular change is unnecessary.

Tiny Myers posted:

That said, I largely agree with Otzdarva's complaints lately that the increasing amount of speed boosts in perks just sort of feels like they've run out of ideas and is leading to some very confusing poo poo for new players - you can't expect "okay, the killer/the survivor will reach x point in y seconds" anymore and learn around that, you instead have all these random (stacking!!) speed boosts you have to contend with that make every situation increasingly unpredictable, as well as providing perfect camouflage for speedhacks. I would've preferred they just reworked that perk entirely in some way.

It's funny because the solution is obvious, get rid of haste stacking and there's not a single perk in the game that's OP combined with other haste perks, on both sides.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Get rid of haste perks entirely, imo. The exhaustion perks are fine for the most part since it's very obvious when they trigger and what causes them. The very small stackable boosts are what need to go.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Counterpoint legion BFF + NOED + PWYF go vroom vroom

The Bramble posted:

This thread comes up with some bangers sometimes drat

I embraced the darkness and I've been hard tunnelling for the past several days. I'm a changed man.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 23, 2023

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I have actually been playing some DBD mobile and its pretty amazing that they've managed to put the game on a phone. The controls I simply cannot wrap my head around. I feel like I need three hands as a killer to move, look, and attack. Or i guess i could play with my phone flat on a table like some kind of weirdo. Still its great for someone like me, who was never taught empathy as a child, to get a 4k in 6 minutes against russian teenagers or whoever and then get back to work.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
A little late to the tunneling discussion, but I pretty much never do it myself just because I can never keep track of which survivors I've hooked yet. It's obviously a lot more difficult to win games if you're 2-hooking everyone before a kill, so I usually gravitate towards killers with more built-in stall mechanics. Pig's traps take someone out of the game until their boxes are done (or just kills them), Pinhead's puzzle-box routinely draws someone away to find and deal with it (though it's susceptible to ineffective spawns if the survivors are spread out), and Nemesis's zombies like to camp the hell out of gens if you've got both of the tracking addons and perks for notifications on gens. Rather than getting good at chases, I've always found it a lot more fun to play killer as a plate-spinning game through gen defense and attrition. I'm pretty sure most survivors hate that too though, so I guess winning as killer in general is toxic. :shrug:

If an unhooked survivor body-blocks for the person who unhooked them so that I have to eat their endurance hit I totally tunnel that guy though, it's crazy when people accuse me of tunneling them off the hook in post-game chat after trying to stop me from chasing someone else.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I just had a new problem on PS5.

I haven't played in several months, since Singularity came out. Today Half my killers are missing and locked again. These are characters I have rolled over at least 3 times and unlocked perks from, I don't even know WTF. I'm not even sure what to do about this. I'm missing Trixter, Twins, Blight, Singularity, Deathslinger, Oni, Plague, Legion, Spirit and Clown. Some killers are still unlocked, it's not all of them

I have restarted the game and the ps5. Any ideas?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Did you previously play on PS4 or something? Or the PS4 version on your PS5?

Grasping at straws here.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

rydiafan posted:

Did you previously play on PS4 or something? Or the PS4 version on your PS5?

Grasping at straws here.

I don't remember if I ever played the ps4 version. I've been playing the ps5 version on PS5 for as long as I can remember. I tried restoring licenses too, which did nothing.

A history search tells me I think I got the game on PS4 in august of 2018 free with PS+

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Vanguard Warden posted:

If an unhooked survivor body-blocks for the person who unhooked them so that I have to eat their endurance hit I totally tunnel that guy though, it's crazy when people accuse me of tunneling them off the hook in post-game chat after trying to stop me from chasing someone else.

As someone who does this regularly (and am completely ok with getting tunneled out as a result of doing that), I've seen that this interaction actually has a pretty fascinating set of behavior and reactions to it. The chill, never-tunnel killers generally maintain their stance and just let me run off, and the sweatier/efficient killers will immediately switch to me, as expected. But there seems to be a tiny window of 1 second after unhook where if I body block then, even the efficient killers won't switch to me. I'm wondering if that's being done out of respect, or because it's not a big enough loss of time, or both?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

BitBasher posted:

I just had a new problem on PS5.

I haven't played in several months, since Singularity came out. Today Half my killers are missing and locked again. These are characters I have rolled over at least 3 times and unlocked perks from, I don't even know WTF. I'm not even sure what to do about this. I'm missing Trixter, Twins, Blight, Singularity, Deathslinger, Oni, Plague, Legion, Spirit and Clown. Some killers are still unlocked, it's not all of them

I have restarted the game and the ps5. Any ideas?

This happens on PS5 occasionally (unsure about other consoles), submit a ticket to BHVR through the website and they'll usually restore your ownership pretty quick.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

curiousTerminal posted:

This happens on PS5 occasionally (unsure about other consoles), submit a ticket to BHVR through the website and they'll usually restore your ownership pretty quick.

Thanks! Submitting a ticket now.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Umbreon posted:

As someone who does this regularly (and am completely ok with getting tunneled out as a result of doing that), I've seen that this interaction actually has a pretty fascinating set of behavior and reactions to it. The chill, never-tunnel killers generally maintain their stance and just let me run off, and the sweatier/efficient killers will immediately switch to me, as expected. But there seems to be a tiny window of 1 second after unhook where if I body block then, even the efficient killers won't switch to me. I'm wondering if that's being done out of respect, or because it's not a big enough loss of time, or both?

I tend to not bother with people trying to body block immediately after an unhook unless it'll give me a STBFL stack or something else makes it worthwhile. At best you get your deep wound and then both of you gently caress off, at worst you've cooked up some really annoying nonsense for me to deal with and I'd much rather go hit the person that might not have a plan ready for our interaction.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Batteries Not Included nerf is silly IMO. The other nerfs I think were justified, but like Survivors already get free haste in the endgame with Hope. And I felt like Batteries Not Included was not really crazy enough that people would be running it very commonly in general as a counter pick or whatever.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Vanguard Warden posted:

Dead by Daylight & Friends: I guess winning as killer in general is toxic. :shrug:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

God I hate Ultimate Weapon. Way too easy to trigger, way too short a cooldown, way too much information, zero counter play apart from using up a perk slot to do things more slowly, it interrupts actions, plus it blinds for the hell of it,

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The Batteries Not Included nerf is silly IMO. The other nerfs I think were justified, but like Survivors already get free haste in the endgame with Hope. And I felt like Batteries Not Included was not really crazy enough that people would be running it very commonly in general as a counter pick or whatever.

At least it'll allow him to patrol completed gens in the mid game, a normal and purposeful thing to do.

It's perplexing because yeah it can combo with NOED but A) if you don't have that because you didn't bring it or because the totem was cleared then you still have to sweat to down a full health survivor before they can make it to the door, and B) even if you do, most of the time the survivors can avoid getting his by the advanced tactic of "just loving leave" instead of dicking around with the switch at 99%.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

rydiafan posted:

God I hate Ultimate Weapon. Way too easy to trigger, way too short a cooldown, way too much information, zero counter play apart from using up a perk slot to do things more slowly, it interrupts actions, plus it blinds for the hell of it,

A Wesker sent my friends and I to Midwich with Ultimate Weapon, DMS, Pain Res, and some other 4th perk I didn't notice. Our Rando Quentin almost got hatch but failed last second. Literally in queue for that match I said 'I haven't seen ultimate weapon in a while, I think I'll run something more fun than Calm Spirit"
I don't really know what you can do to Ultimate Weapon, though. Longer cooldown doesn't seem like enough, a combo of long cooldown + short activation feels like it would kill it entirely. Tying it to downs just makes it Infectious 2, and tying it to hooks makes it Worse Infectious.
The idea of making it like old Coup, where it's unchanged but instead of cooldown it's token-based and you get 1 per completed gen I think is a decent compromise? You get one free "really long, mobile Infectious with bonus blind" but only if you're taking a disadvantage to use it.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Frankly i wish there were more perks to speed up, rather than slow down endgame. Give me an injured survivors are pushed out by the entity if they go beyond the gate perk. Endgame timer speed up perk. More poo poo like Terminus. Scourge perk that instakills on hook after gates are open. After the gens are done survivors really need to get the hell out and killers really need to mop up what they can.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

curiousTerminal posted:

A Wesker sent my friends and I to Midwich with Ultimate Weapon, DMS, Pain Res, and some other 4th perk I didn't notice. Our Rando Quentin almost got hatch but failed last second. Literally in queue for that match I said 'I haven't seen ultimate weapon in a while, I think I'll run something more fun than Calm Spirit"
I don't really know what you can do to Ultimate Weapon, though. Longer cooldown doesn't seem like enough, a combo of long cooldown + short activation feels like it would kill it entirely. Tying it to downs just makes it Infectious 2, and tying it to hooks makes it Worse Infectious.
The idea of making it like old Coup, where it's unchanged but instead of cooldown it's token-based and you get 1 per completed gen I think is a decent compromise? You get one free "really long, mobile Infectious with bonus blind" but only if you're taking a disadvantage to use it.

Ultimate weapon should only last about as long as that knight perk lasts when kicking a Gen (forgot it's name)

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Kwolok posted:

Ultimate weapon should only last about as long as that knight perk lasts when kicking a Gen (forgot it's name)

Honestly, if it was only an instant pulse it'd still be playable.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

rydiafan posted:

Honestly, if it was only an instant pulse it'd still be playable.

100%. But then it kinda feels like a weaker darkness revealed? I dunno its such a weird perk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's perplexing because yeah it can combo with NOED but A) if you don't have that because you didn't bring it or because the totem was cleared then you still have to sweat to down a full health survivor before they can make it to the door, and B) even if you do, most of the time the survivors can avoid getting his by the advanced tactic of "just loving leave" instead of dicking around with the switch at 99%.

And C) you are gambling two perks out of four on being able to roll the survivors in the endgame. If you're using 50% of your perks for that, you should at least have a good chance of doing it, especially when most of the survivors will just be able to (as you say) loving LEAVE. Yeah it would wreck teams who try to force a 1K/2K into a zero kill, but that's kinda their own fault. Just loving leave!