Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Plus they go clickity clack.

That's not a selling point, according to my dogs trying to sleep at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

If your keyboard isn't loud and clacky enough that you can trigger a veteran's ptsd from typing rapidly idk if ur even a real gamer

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

repiv posted:

the most ergonomic keyboards nowadays are mechanicals, if you go all the way down the rabbit hole you end up with something like this

there's silent mechanical switches if you don't like the noise
Just make a Power Glove version already.

mystes
May 31, 2006

repiv posted:

the most ergonomic keyboards nowadays are mechanicals, if you go all the way down the rabbit hole you end up with something like this

there's silent mechanical switches if you don't like the noise
I would love to buy something like this if it wasn't all insanely expensive (and no I'm not going to build my own keyboard or whatever)

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

mystes posted:

I would love to buy something like this if it wasn't all insanely expensive (and no I'm not going to build my own keyboard or whatever)

this is the halfway version between a normal keyboard and the hardcore custom stuff. The softcore version? You can find it on sale closer to $100 sometimes. I've been using it for a couple years and it's worked out.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

mystes posted:

dont worry building your own mechanical keyboard is also insanely expensive
turns out economies of scale are helpful

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1677310/In_Stars_And_Time/

I'm probably babbling about this game too much but it kind of absorbed my free time this week and it's kind of up there for one of the best games I've played this year which is a huge shock to me. It's very much an indie RPG but it's an incredibly well executed one with really good character writing and a lot of reactivity and creativity in its time loop concept. I really can't recommend it enough.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

ImpAtom posted:

I'm probably babbling about this game too much but it kind of absorbed my free time this week and it's kind of up there for one of the best games I've played this year which is a huge shock to me. It's very much an indie RPG but it's an incredibly well executed one with really good character writing and a lot of reactivity and creativity in its time loop concept. I really can't recommend it enough.

I love the art style of this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HopperUK posted:

I love the art style of this.

The art style is very good and it has an incredible amount of custom artwork for most major scenes as well. The monster designs are also very cool.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my haul to this point:

Linelith, Umihara Kawase Trilogy, Hylics, Start Again (prequel to In Stars and Time), Huntdown, Viola: the Heroine's Melody, Misericorde Vol 1, Touhou Artificial Dream in Arcadia, Aven Colony, Final Profit: A Shop RPG, Cache Grabbers, Elephantasy Flipside, Beyond Sunset, Extraneum, I Am Future, False Skies

i'm also probably going to do the $100 eshop voucher thing on Switch and get Super Mario Bros Wonder as one of the two games, and then also Baten Kaitos Duology while it's on sale (it's not voucherable however)

that's already way too much money spent so i'm holding off on Pizza Tower, Can of Wormholes, and Bat Boy until the next sale. also i'll probably wait on the $100 voucher/Mario Wonder thing too since it's not on sale anyway. but i will probably still squeeze it in this year

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

So third person helped a lot with motion sickness in Everspace. I also bumped up the fov a bit. I also hadn't noticed but for whatever reason the default vsync was being limited to 60 fps on my 144hz gsync monitor even though Windows is definitely set to the full 144 hz refresh rate. I can't really tell the difference on this poo poo but I turned vsync off and it's now running at 120+ fps so maybe that's helping.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I saw that they released another version of this, Start Again: A Prologue, and I'm a little confused if it's an actual prologue? an alternate/shorter version of In Stars And Time?? The description isn't very clear, but they seem very similar.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

FuzzySlippers posted:

So third person helped a lot with motion sickness in Everspace. I also bumped up the fov a bit. I also hadn't noticed but for whatever reason the default vsync was being limited to 60 fps on my 144hz gsync monitor even though Windows is definitely set to the full 144 hz refresh rate. I can't really tell the difference on this poo poo but I turned vsync off and it's now running at 120+ fps so maybe that's helping.

Check your nvidia control panel, under 3d settings > global set the max frame rate to 144 there and turn on v-sync. Disable any v-sync settings in-game and you should be good to go.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Just started finally playing Oxygen Not Included and I love it, although I am not quite sure about the bathroom mechanics. The toilet became clogged and in response all my doodes just poo poo on EVERYTHING. Like OVERWHELMING amounts of poo poo. The toilet hadn't been fuckin broken but like ten minutes you weirdos.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I dunno, sounds like an accurate simulation of humanity.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Triarii posted:

Honestly I just went and tried out my crusty old $20 keyboard, and even with months of practice on the mechanical one, I still type faster on that thing.

lol I don’t even know what kind or brand of keyboard I have, but it cost $4 off of AliExpress like 8 years ago and it’s sooo much better than a laptop keyboard. I dunno if it’s mechanical or anything, but it lights up and glows in the dark and makes noise when I type like 4 x 1035 wpm.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Sailor Dave posted:

I saw that they released another version of this, Start Again: A Prologue, and I'm a little confused if it's an actual prologue? an alternate/shorter version of In Stars And Time?? The description isn't very clear, but they seem very similar.

I have not played either but I feel like the prologue is probably just the first cycle of the time loop? That seems like the obvious way you do that and intro the concept.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
prototype
"If any of this interests you, you might also want to play the game’s initial prototype, START AGAIN START AGAIN START AGAIN: A Prologue. While you don’t need to play it to understand In Stars and Time, it’s fun to see the game’s roots."

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

finally picked up Dark Souls 2, rolled a deprived. what is this adaptability stat, it seems to make people extremely mad. Should i level it up?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sailor Dave posted:

I think it's like a limited demo/proof of concept but you don't need to play it to play ISAT.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

sebmojo posted:

finally picked up Dark Souls 2, rolled a deprived. what is this adaptability stat, it seems to make people extremely mad. Should i level it up?

It increases the amount of time that you're invincible during a roll (and affects a bunch of other animations in small ways). People hate it because it doesn't really pay to pump more points into it, but you basically have to put some points into it to get back to a "normal" souls game roll.

The goal is like... 15, I think? Maybe 20? It's been too long since I played that game, but it's not like a ton of points.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

sebmojo posted:

It affects the iframes of your dodge roll. Just google how much you need to get it to ds1 iframes, pump it to that and then ignore it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
there's a bunch of invisible magic breakpoints and it only affects things when hitting those specific breakpoints for which there is 0 ingame feedback/indication. so yeah just look up the thresholds online

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

credburn posted:

Just started finally playing Oxygen Not Included and I love it, although I am not quite sure about the bathroom mechanics. The toilet became clogged and in response all my doodes just poo poo on EVERYTHING. Like OVERWHELMING amounts of poo poo. The toilet hadn't been fuckin broken but like ten minutes you weirdos.
Dupes use the bathroom at the end of their day, whether it’s clean or not. When you gotta go, you gotta go.

Stagger their schedules so that “end of day” is different times for different dupes,

Use priority to set cleaning the outhouse as an important task.

There’s an ONI thread here where people will be glad to give more details.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Here's all you need to know about Adaptability in DS2:

It raises your Agility stat, which is pretty much a difficulty slider. More agility = game easier because it extends your dodge iframes and makes you use items faster. Here are the breakpoints for dodges:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 24, 2023

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

What's the best Assassin's Creed since Black Flag?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Away all Goats posted:

What's the best Assassin's Creed since Black Flag?

Odyssey, though it's in a completely different style to the traditional AC games. They shifted to Open World for the previous game, Origins, which is also very good, but Kassandra is straight up just the best protagonist that AC (or Ubisoft, based on my very incomplete knowledge of what that entails, for that matter) has ever had.

Do NOT buy the First Blade DLC set.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah I'd also suggest skipping first blade because it's very heavily story focused and the story they tell is stupid and dumb even for a Ubisoft game and that's REALLY saying something

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Kassandra is so good they later made a free crossover quest with Odyssey in Valhalla (I still like Valhalla)

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

+1 for AC Odyssey and being Kassandra.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

there's a bunch of invisible magic breakpoints and it only affects things when hitting those specific breakpoints for which there is 0 ingame feedback/indication. so yeah just look up the thresholds online

sounds like a bad game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What are some good games to take advantage of the OLED steam deck?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'd say any of the ones with graphics

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

sounds like a bad game

It's a good game even if adaptability is bad.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
DS2 certainly wasn't the first Souls game to have crappy RPG mechanics.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DS2 was so terribad it killed my interest in the whole genre.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
IMO Asscreed Origins is better than Odyssey. Od is just overstuffed; giant temples everywhere, town after town and fort after fort, halfbaked mechanics that you’re best off ignoring, an endless stream of trash loot. Origins benefits from all the negative space, all the details. There are only a couple cities, and each feels like a big deal and has a sense of identity. The farmers sing while they work; the world feels like a place where people live, and not a theme park. The world is just more cohesive, while in Odyssey you get a clear sense that each island was handed off to a different team, with varying levels of quality and effort. I 100%ed Origins; I can’t imagine doing that for Odyssey.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

credburn posted:

That sure sounds like it is part of the quintessential starter experience in ONI. Not enough food and "polluted" water everywhere.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What are some good games to take advantage of the OLED steam deck?

Vampire Survivors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

:hmmyes: