Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Everyone posts “gently caress the Cowboys” but only Kawalimus has what it takes to be a true hater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I dont hate the Cowboys at all honestly or blame their fans for being happy about it. I just dont want it as someone who has attachment to those old records.

Jamal Lewis did it himself to Corey Dillon who was a player I really respected even though he was a division rival. He broke Walter Payton's record in 2000 with 278 yards or something a storied player on a storied team. Then the next season he snapped the Ravens streak of not allowing a 100 yard rusher in a game I also attended. But I dont hate him for that I consider Corey Dillon my favorite Bengals player ever and I rooted for those Patriots teams he was on in part because of him and Im glad he got to win a championship.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I hope that Mayflower trucks pack up your team in the middle of the night and take them to Anchorage Alaska and the team puts out a press release stating that the only reason they moved was to get away from you so you'll finally have something legitimate to bitch about

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

I rooted for those Patriots teams he was on in part because of him and Im glad he got to win a championship.
gently caress the Patriots always and forever.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Bip Roberts posted:

Is Irsay friends or enemies of James Dolan?

Probably

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Amen

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AndrewP posted:

Everyone posts “gently caress the Cowboys” but only Kawalimus has what it takes to be a true hater

yeah but he hates his own team which feels different, fundamentally

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Diva Cupcake posted:

:hmmyes:

Alaois posted:

yeah but he hates his own team which feels different, fundamentally

Also the doom and gloom “we’re going to blow this and lose badly” posting when it’s 2nd and 4 and there’s 14:23 left in the 1st quarter stops being funny when it’s every single game for over a decade.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

fartknocker posted:

Also the doom and gloom “we’re going to blow this and lose badly” posting when it’s 2nd and 4 and there’s 14:23 left in the 1st quarter stops being funny when it’s every single game for over a decade.

I'm on a Lions discord where if the defense doesn't get a three and out for negative yardage on the very first series that Aaron Glenn should be fired right there and then. The gameday channel after the first Green Bay possession was absolutely loving batshit in demanding firings and cuts and "WHY DIDN'T WE TRADE FOR THIS OR THAT PLAYER"

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I'm on a Lions discord where if the defense doesn't get a three and out for negative yardage on the very first series that Aaron Glenn should be fired right there and then. The gameday channel after the first Green Bay possession was absolutely loving batshit in demanding firings and cuts and "WHY DIDN'T WE TRADE FOR THIS OR THAT PLAYER"

To be fair, over the last 23 years the Lions don't have a 60% winning percentage, 14 playoff appearances, 16 playoff wins, 5 Hall of Fame players and 2 Super Bowl wins so I'll give Lions fans some slack when it comes to being pessimistic.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Black Sunshine posted:

I hope that Mayflower trucks pack up your team in the middle of the night and take them to Anchorage Alaska and the team puts out a press release stating that the only reason they moved was to get away from you so you'll finally have something legitimate to bitch about

The Ravens and Browns have firmly been in my "the next time you move, don't come back" camp for a while. Chargers the only recent addition to that

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1727875104992805024

Bland seems to be having a hell of a season even ignoring the pick sixes, too.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Jim Irsay sounds like a pig latin alias. Just an absolute Swedish Chef rear end nsme

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
5 pick sixes seems flukey but drat if it isn’t madden type poo poo

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I dunno what kawa is whining about. the ravens have plenty of NFL records, by their best and super-bowl winning quarterback, elite Joe Flacco:

Most road wins in a season, regular season and postseason, for a starting rookie quarterback: 7, Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens, 2008
Most wins in a season, post-season, by a rookie starting quarterback: 2, Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens, 2008; Mark Sanchez, New York Jets, 2009
Most career road wins, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 7, Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens, 2008–2010, 2012, 2014, Tom Brady, New England Patriots, 2001–2019, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2020
Most consecutive wins to start a career against a single opponent, regular season and post-season, by a starting quarterback: 11, Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens, 2008–2013 vs. Cleveland Browns; Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts, vs. Tennessee Titans, 2012–2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

most fuckers sucked! most screwed up guys for a Little while

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

pmchem posted:

Most career road wins, post-season, by a starting quarterback: 7, Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens, 2008–2010, 2012, 2014, Tom Brady, New England Patriots, 2001–2019, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2020

I'm guessing the Super Bowl wins don't count as road wins then. It's too bad for Brady he won his trash rear end division all the time, he didn't have enough road trips in the post season to have a chance to be the sole record holder. Poor Tom Brady :(

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Dorthy Bloodsaw

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mega64 posted:

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1727875104992805024

Bland seems to be having a hell of a season even ignoring the pick sixes, too.

This made me laugh a lot.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

pmchem posted:

Joe is going to hold the solo record after this year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm feeling so good from the holy meatbird day that i will just say it outloud: Broncos 21-18 :fsmug:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1728074903235019107?s=46

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The faces of everyone involved in a high-profile Jets game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Loss Del Rio

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mega64 posted:

The faces of everyone involved in a high-profile Jets game.

I'd prefer to learn less, thanks

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Good move Ron. This will definitely save your job.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No one is firing Ron in November.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Namaste

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens can't just have something. The 2000 defense sets a points record? No the Titans are actually the #1 defense. Geno Stone leads the league in interceptions no this other guy Bland from Dallas has more and TDs also. A Ravens(and others) player holds the record for INT-TDs now this same Dallas guy is going to break that. We can't just have anything. There has to be some asterisk or someone one-upping us in the end.

Another one Jamal Lewis breaks the single game rushing record with 295? Well Adrian Peterson breaks it a few years later with 298. That's Brian Billick's fault though for not keeping him in the game for those last plays and getting over 300.

weirdest fuckin thing to get bent out of shape over but hell, I'm glad to see it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Can I just say all of you need to stop bitching about your teams. Everyone is in a better situation right now than Carolina lol. It's our season to be the no hope posters.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

50 new posts, let's see...ah, Kawalimus made a post.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I am proud of my del rio joke

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

I am proud of my del rio joke

It took me a minute because I don't speak Spanish but once I got it I appreciated it

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Can I just say all of you need to stop bitching about your teams. Everyone is in a better situation right now than Carolina lol. It's our season to be the no hope posters.

Everyone has a right to be unhappy with their team, regardless of record, regardless of reality. Except Dallas fans and Pats fans. They must keep them lips zipped!!!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The last two minutes of the first half of Phins/Jets is one of the stupidest things I've ever watched, and it was glorious.

Two Pick Sixes, including one ON A loving HAIL MARY

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1728163643089625506

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BlindSite posted:

Can I just say all of you need to stop bitching about your teams.

No.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Mega64 posted:

The last two minutes of the first half of Phins/Jets is one of the stupidest things I've ever watched, and it was glorious.

When was the last time this happened? Has this ever happened before?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Patrick Spens posted:

When was the last time this happened? Has this ever happened before?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

I was at the game where Rod Woodson broke Ken Houston's record for INT-TDs in 2001 against the Indianapolis Colts so that has meaning to me and it annoys me to see some random low draft pick that's not on the Ravens get halfway there in one single season. And also eclipse my own team's low draft pick with lots of INTs this year. So that's why I hope Bland is just a flash in the pan and he regresses to mediocrity and his career flatlines. That's also why I'm glad the Browns can't beat the 2000 Ravens points record now cause they gave up too many to the Ravens and Colts. Even though I think that lots of defenses are better than the 2000 Ravens(including the 2006 Ravens) and they just had the right strength against the right teams but they were still a great unit just not actually the greatest ever. But the record still stands and I still have that one but even that was hurt by the Titans being the #1 defense in yards that year.

He plays the Giants and the Commanders twice a year. He's going to get a lot of picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Mega64 posted:

Jesus it didn't look like the Jets were even trying to stop the return.