Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

zedprime posted:

It was an old guy going to see KISS in a Bentley.

Knights in Soros' Service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

zedprime posted:

That's what ((((THEY)))) want you to think.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

dr_rat posted:

I still have no idea how he won the law suit when he was sued for calling the diver a pedo. It was one of the clearest examples of libel I've ever seen.

I seem to remember someone on the jury went for nullification. Just some Tesla famboy that went "OK, so this meets all the criteria, but..."

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

zedprime posted:

How’d they fit the whole band setup into the Bentley?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

gschmidl posted:

I'm gonna believe Seth via Occam's Razor.

This SA poster knows what it's all about! Always believe Seth!

Harfunus
May 12, 2006
Soiled Meat
If I remember correctly Mush won that libel case because the judge said he was so god damned stupid that no one should take him seriously.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Another note lol

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

FoolyCharged posted:

I seem to remember someone on the jury went for nullification. Just some Tesla famboy that went "OK, so this meets all the criteria, but..."

The trial happened a few months after avengers endgame and spider man far from home came out, the jury thought that tony stark had been through enough and didn't want to slap a verdict on the martyr that saved the world from thanos

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

gschmidl posted:

Not just any freak, Lin Wood.

He's undeniably a freak but I'm this particular instance he presented the case competently without any particular legal errors that I can see.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Elon's not good at anything in life except for being an alt-right piece of poo poo.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I bet Walter Isaacson never writes another biography of a living person.

His book has been out what? 2 months? And it’s aged like a 2 month old gallon of milk.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Krispy Wafer posted:

I bet Walter Isaacson never writes another biography of a living person.

His book has been out what? 2 months? And it’s aged like a 2 month old gallon of milk.

That'd be remarkably principled behavior from the guy who wrote a flattering biography of Musk.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

kazil posted:

Another note lol

I mean also who cares? Someone needs to just ask him why that's bad

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

B-Rock452 posted:

He can answer that in 14 words

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

B-Rock452 posted:

it's one of those things that is self-evident to extreme evangelical christians, they don't care to ask because they already know

to wit, "well yeah that's bad because it just is and we should be killing them"

Elon: "Europe is on the precipice of civil war :circlefap: "

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

2 minute video of Tesla fanboy bragging about his Model 3's self driving, while the Model 3 tries to violently kill him and his passenger

https://twitter.com/elaifresh/status/1727889381309239731?t=xOHOkLSql0ym0K0ayVnZ4g&s=19

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
"This thing can do pretty well without any of that" literally seconds after the car almost did a head on collision. :elon:

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Love the constant steering corrections while driving slowly in a straight line

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

smoobles posted:

2 minute video of Tesla fanboy bragging about his Model 3's self driving, while the Model 3 tries to violently kill him and his passenger

https://twitter.com/elaifresh/status/1727889381309239731?t=xOHOkLSql0ym0K0ayVnZ4g&s=19

This is terrifying

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I often have nightmares of being in the back seat of a car that's running at highway speed with nobody in the driver's seat. I hate driving, but I can't fathom just letting Musk take the wheel like that.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

dr_rat posted:

I still have no idea how he won the law suit when he was sued for calling the diver a pedo. It was one of the clearest examples of libel I've ever seen.

Civil law is a joke the moment it gets beyond local, trivial business disputes

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

smoobles posted:

lol jfc

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
That steering wheel design is so hosed. I wouldn't be able to relax with a self-driving car but that poo poo looks like its going to fly off at any minute.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
I also love how far the stupid steering wheel has to turn. They use wheels like that in F1 because they don't normally turn them that far, right? Meanwhile this one is flipping all the way over constantly.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
^^ yeah the F1 wheel/yoke is much more direct steering the wheels, and can’t rotate all the way around or anything.

God drat that is horrible that poo poo is even allowed to be used on public streets. The stupid rear end yoke wheel just sawing back and forth while going down a quiet street with nothing in front, that is loving garbage.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

Obviously you can't discount his money and power, but the diver's lawyer was loving TERRIBLE. Like, didn't even attempt to plead all of the elements of their cause of action for libel bad.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Still, *hastily wrests yoke in the opposite direction to get out of oncoming traffic* love the car

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

smoobles posted:

This is loving hilarious

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
lmao at "if im gonna use the service I want it to have a low wait time, if I want it to have a low wait time there needs to be a lot of cars, and if there needs to be a lot of cars I need to be able to mass produce them at a low cost and get a ton of them out on the street so the service can actually work" in response to a question on the reliability of a self-driving car

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

mannerup posted:

lmao at "if im gonna use the service I want it to have a low wait time, if I want it to have a low wait time there needs to be a lot of cars, and if there needs to be a lot of cars I need to be able to mass produce them at a low cost and get a ton of them out on the street so the service can actually work" in response to a question on the reliability of a self-driving car

these people are incredibly stupid. what was he even talking about? that it's ok to have a worthless self driving system because it's cheap?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

explosivo posted:

This is terrifying

lol yeah, I can't imagine actually driving like this. I'd be stressed to gently caress the whole drive. Even these two minutes were exhausting to watch. This is so much more stressful than just regular driving

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

thathonkey posted:

these people are incredibly stupid. what was he even talking about? that it's ok to have a worthless self driving system because it's cheap?
think he's saying you just need to mass produce a shitload of teslas to get them out on the street as quick as possible so the AI self-driving system can do an open beta test on public roads to actually get enough data to function properly

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

smoobles posted:

They're going pretty fast down that hill... Is that a? Yup that's a stop sign. Aand the car blew right through it.
Goddamn that would be butt puckering to ride in.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

^^ yeah the F1 wheel/yoke is much more direct steering the wheels, and can’t rotate all the way around or anything.

God drat that is horrible that poo poo is even allowed to be used on public streets. The stupid rear end yoke wheel just sawing back and forth while going down a quiet street with nothing in front, that is loving garbage.

Lexus has a car with a yoke now, but the steering is an electronic drive-by-wire motor that varies the steering ratio based on speed and stuff. You will never be going 900 degrees lock-to-lock.
A yoke on a traditional rack-and-pinion is purely dangerous and nothing more.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 24, 2023

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

smoobles posted:

And they could have just refilmed it, and get shots of the car not loving up.
But no, can't be arsed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hey, gotta break some eggs to make a self driving omelette.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
some day, with enough teslas seeing the road just as we do, we'll finally have the data of where stop signs are placed in major cities

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao that this is legally allowed on the roads to self drive

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

zedprime posted:

Imagine dying in a fiery concussive wreck and taking another innocent life with you because you REALLY had to see Gene Simmons in person :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Tai posted:

lmao that this is legally allowed on the roads to self drive
I'm pretty sure they are legally selling it as just enhanced cruise control, but marketing it as a self-driving car. law goons could probably explain the actual distinction better

California recently passed a law to deal with this distinction

quote:

Senate Bill 1398 is among the hundreds of new state laws taking effect in 2023 and specifically targets the electric-car maker's marketing of software included in some Tesla models that imply that the car can fully drive itself — which it can't.

The new law, sponsored by Democratic State Sen. Lena Gonzalez of Long Beach, prohibits California dealers and manufacturers from "deceptively naming or marketing" a car as self-driving if it's only equipped with partial automation features that still require human drivers to pay attention and handle driving.

[...]

Tesla, owned by Elon Musk, lobbied against the bill, arguing that it already makes Tesla buyers aware of the Full Self-Driving software's limitations.