Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
In clear, declared passing situations, Dak Prescott is the most productive QB in football.

https://x.com/SumerSports/status/1728071111970111530?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1728074903235019107?s=46

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think the guy who made the decision to punt on 4th and 2 in Dallas territory should be fired, and I don't think that was Jack Del Rio

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What about in declared winning situations?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I had no idea Rivera and Del Rio were separate people

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That’s a start.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1728075928322863220?t=mzLx9_NAqQqTM4T3g4Nx8w&s=19

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Ron Rivera had a chance to beat the Eagles early in the season with a 2 point conversion and he instead opted to go to OT (and lose) despite Philly dominating the run of play in the second half.

Cowardice is in his DNA. I get why they're keeping him (tanking) but I hate him.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Jack Del Rio is as good as a scapegoat as you can hope for. Probably one of the best in recent memory.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
They'd be complete idiots to not fire Rivera and make Bienemy the interim HC.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Maybe Harris is playing 4D chess and has a deal with Rivera to tank the rest of the season in order to get a cushy front office position.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Del Rio is a moronic right wing chud and an incompetent defensive coordinator. Not sure which is more despicable. Good loving riddance.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

I had no idea Rivera and Del Rio were separate people

Ur best post ever

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Not sure I can remember a DC/OC getting canned mid season and then also firing the HC later in the offseason, but with new ownership maybe it happens here

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Just thinking that if Furgeson doesn't jump offsides with 20 seconds to play in the 4th, Dallas probably scores and wins v the eagles, and today would have the best record in the NFC, the best point differential in football, and Dak would be the obvious MVP.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

shyduck posted:

I think the guy who made the decision to punt on 4th and 2 in Dallas territory should be fired, and I don't think that was Jack Del Rio

These decisions infuriate me. 4th and short in the opponents half outside FG range should be an automatic go for it. Your best hope punting is to pin them deep, force a 3 and out, and receive a punt - right back at midfield again. No way is that ever more likely than just getting a 2 yard play.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

was del rio the gently caress who made that comment about the jan 6 insurrection being a "dust up"

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Doltos posted:

Don't see how becoming the public face of a team in the middle of a tailspin does anything to help Bienemy, tho. Better to stay in the position where he can at least say 'Look at what I managed despite everything falling apart around me' than to risk becoming further associated with the collapse.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1728096278267974098

Shaq Leonard you are an Eagle?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I’m genuinely surprised! I’d happily add Shaq to our lineup but barnett isn’t bad at all

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

beep by grandpa posted:

was del rio the gently caress who made that comment about the jan 6 insurrection being a "dust up"

there's really just no reason why anyone should know what a defensive coordinator thinks about january 6

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Yes. While spewing Tucker Carlson bullshit about BLM marches burning down the entire country. It was disgusting.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

epic bacon posted:

there's really just no reason why anyone should know what a defensive coordinator thinks about january 6

It was his choice to go on twitter and tell the world how dumb he is

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

blarzgh posted:

Not sure I can remember a DC/OC getting canned mid season and then also firing the HC later in the offseason, but with new ownership maybe it happens here

I think in the Steve Wilks year at Arizona they fired Mike McCoy during the season and then fired everyone at the end to go with Kingsbury

I can absolutely see Harris cleaning house just to start his era fresh

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
No matter how bad the Giants are at least they’re not the Jets.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

blarzgh posted:

Just thinking that if Furgeson doesn't jump offsides with 20 seconds to play in the 4th, Dallas probably scores and wins v the eagles, and today would have the best record in the NFC, the best point differential in football, and Dak would be the obvious MVP.

they'd also have a better record if they didn't poo poo the bed in arizona and get absolutely loving demolished by the niners

edit: i mean while we're working with hypotheticals — and knowing you're a data guy — if they played nothing but teams with winning records the evidence we have says they'd currently be 0-11

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 24, 2023

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
If the New York Giants won every game they've lost so far they'd actually be the best team in football

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jets were a competitive Super Bowl team with Rodgers so it's extra spirit breaking that Wilson is destroying them. He's the greatest bust of all time with how badly he killed that franchises spirit.

The Giants were paper tigers last year. Team was never going anywhere with Jones at the helm and the OL being miserable outside of Thomas. They addressed the biggest weaknesses on defense last year which makes them a competitive unit there but not world beating.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
So, I don't like any of you. Not one bitty bit.

But after seeing the jets/dolphins game, I feel compelled to come here and say how grateful I am for the NFC "loving" East. Because as mean as things get, we never, ever have to bear witness to that level of competitive professional football. Good golly miss molly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Doltos posted:

Jets were a competitive Super Bowl team with Rodgers so it's extra spirit breaking that Wilson is destroying them. He's the greatest bust of all time with how badly he killed that franchises spirit.

The Giants were paper tigers last year. Team was never going anywhere with Jones at the helm and the OL being miserable outside of Thomas. They addressed the biggest weaknesses on defense last year which makes them a competitive unit there but not world beating.

Wilson got benched. The guy that played today was even worse. I briefly turned it on in the fourth to hear the offense had two first downs and one came on penalties.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Oh, we’re not special. We’ve seen seasons in the past where there was one decent team in the NFC East and everyone else was horrible, and we will see it again.

In a few years it’s entirely possible there will be a season where our division is like this year’s NFC South, where the leader is 5-5.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

MrMojok posted:

Oh, we’re not special. We’ve seen seasons in the past where there was one decent team in the NFC East and everyone else was horrible, and we will see it again.

In a few years it’s entirely possible there will be a season where our division is like this year’s NFC South, where the leader is 5-5.

The three year stretch in the early ‘10s where each season ended with the Cowboys losing to a different divisional rival to lose the division and finish 8-8 was peak NFC East for me.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MrMojok posted:

Hell, three years ago we were one score away from a 6-10 division champion.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1728184342797795821?t=qcrAGG8hmdN_rYeW68sABg&s=19

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
When you're that good you don't get called for every hold like TJ Watt or Garrett. Also refs won't call that when you're slaughtering the other team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The three year stretch in the early ‘10s where each season ended with the Cowboys losing to a different divisional rival to lose the division and finish 8-8 was peak NFC East for me.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

MrMojok posted:

Us Dallas fans are spoiled in our own way - only four losing seasons in the last 20 years.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

blarzgh posted:

Us Dallas fans are spoiled in our own way - only four losing seasons in the last 20 years.

Spiritually cowardly. At least the Giants will commit to either winning a Super Bowl or sucking absolute rear end. You are bragging about being mediocre

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Rogue Elephant posted:

Spiritually cowardly. At least the Giants will commit to either winning a Super Bowl or sucking absolute rear end. You are bragging about being mediocre

Not bragging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Who the gently caress cares about winning seasons its only about Super Bowls. I'd rather have 19 losing seasons if it meant 1 super bowl than 20 winning seasons and none.