Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

Egg Moron posted:

For those who tldr it basically says

As your father, I am proud of you and everyone who posts on that forum of yours my son, I’ll always treasure the moments we shared and you’ll always be #1 to me, my boy,

love, pops

thank you dad :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Egg Moron posted:

As your father, I am proud of you and everyone who posts on that forum of yours my son, I’ll always treasure the moments we shared and you’ll always be #1 to me, my boy,

love, pops

p.s.: here's 34 reasons i'm a loser

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Oh you think Communism is good? Don't you know taking things and redistributing them is illegal?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

FlapYoJacks posted:

McDonalds and most other fast food chains, while being incredibly unhealthy for you, also support Israel. Stop eating fast food and supporting genocide.

Ideally the obscene price hikes would hurt them in the long run but alas that poo poo is too addictive...

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Egg Moron posted:

love, pops

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

500 bad dogs posted:

thank you dad :glomp:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I have never in my life met a communist who is shy or embarrassed about this

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

How do you think - politely asking?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/alfranken/status/1728102079129088248

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Egg Moron posted:

love, pops

I'm not gonna read it, but if you take the big text outta the quote blocks I will quote it 2 or 3 times to gently caress up the thread

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

what tge gently caress

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

my thoughts exactly. love this meme dad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mixed shoes household. very strange.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vim Fuego posted:

what tge gently caress

there's a slight chance that's a joke.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vim Fuego posted:

I'm not gonna read it, but if you take the big text outta the quote blocks I will quote it 2 or 3 times to gently caress up the thread

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zionists are loving psychotic as poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I read this one because it was the shortest

actionjackson posted:

quote:

30. Liberals like laughter. They are anti-anti-laughter.

I was on board with breaking corporate power over society and bringing the resources of the state to bear on the problems of its citizenry instead of on advancing the interests of the elite and killing foreigners, but then I heard that supporters of the international bourgeoisie are pro-laughter, or at least against people not laughing, and I gotta tell ya, that's a pretty big draw

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Adults Are Back In Charge, and they're anti-anti-laughter

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I admit I was once a fool, but now I understand the wisdom of my uncle who has no political opinions and only talked about football

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Say what you will about Richard Nixon, he was anti-anti-dogs-in-the-White-House and that's what really matters

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

don't give money to these dolts

https://archive.is/VVQYu

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vote Republican to get our 2019 economy back

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nonsense posted:

Vote Republican to get our 2019 economy back

No one in power wants to do anything for us, proven by the fact either Joe Biden or Trump could offer every man, woman, and child 1,000 dollars as "it's been a bad time" initiative or something and win the election in a gigantic landslide.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

World War Mammories posted:

i didnt read this op

I briefly skimmed through it, it's basically a TLDR "People think liberals like bad things, well I respond to that with a hearty WRONG! Liberals actually only like good things."

1glitch0 posted:

No one in power wants to do anything for us, proven by the fact either Joe Biden or Trump could offer every man, woman, and child 1,000 dollars as "it's been a bad time" initiative or something and win the election in a gigantic landslide.

It is wild how much of a difference an extra grand a month would make for people.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

the_steve posted:

It is wild how much of a difference an extra grand a month would make for people.

Boy it would loving help my family our right now. But nope. Gotta send more money to Ukraine and Israel to launder back to corporations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1glitch0 posted:

Boy it would loving help my family our right now. But nope. Gotta send more money to Ukraine and Israel to launder back to corporations.

Well yeah, we don't make enough money to qualify for government handouts. Have to already be rich first before they let you buy more money.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1727711324329685053?s=19

rat pie

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

tokin opposition posted:

don't give money to these dolts

https://archive.is/VVQYu

quote:

The Big Mac conundrum reflects what Biden aides and senior Democratic officials regard as one of their most vexing challenges ahead of the 2024 presidential election. Even as inflation has fallen to a manageable 3 percent, and although the labor market has remained hot amid strong growth, voters still don’t like the economy, and they blame the president. Overcoming this discontent — and understanding what is driving it — has become a central priority of the White House and Democratic lawmakers, leading to a fierce debate among economists, pollsters and other experts.

Is there not a single loving person in the room raising their hand to point out that when consumers get a receipt what's on their is the actual price, not the current CPI number? People think the economy is bad because prices are fucknuts higher than they were only a couple years ago, you absolute loving morons.

quote:

When asked about young voters’ economic frustrations with the president by CNBC on Monday, Treasury Secretary Janet L. Yellen said, “I’m aware of that, and I think it’s our job to explain to Americans what President Biden has done to improve the economy.”
And yet some aides are uneasy about pushing Biden to cheerlead for the economy in a way that appears disconnected from the public’s frustrations. White House officials are quick not to dismiss the pain of inflation, which Yellen emphasized Monday, too, and some voters regard the suggestion that they simply do not appreciate their circumstances as elitist and condescending. Rather than risk appearing out of touch, some pollsters and other Democrats maintain, Biden should do more to concentrate on criticizing large corporations and Republicans for making average Americans’ economic circumstances worse.

"We need to gaslight the voters into believing the economy is actually good, but are afraid that will backfire because some voters realize that the economy is, in fact, not good."

quote:

TikTok abounds with misleading or inaccurate information about the economy. One video in September with 2.3 million views said there was a “SILENT DEPRESSION.” Another video from this summer with 2.1 million views claimed, incorrectly, “We have the lowest purchasing power we have ever had in American history,” and asserted that inflation-adjusted wages are lower than they were then. (Disposable income per capita is, in fact, more than five times larger than it was in 1930, adjusted for inflation.) A third video, with 1.8 million views, similarly falsely claimed, “We currently are making less than the height of the Great Depression.” TikTok and YouTube have dozens of videos of this kind, making similarly false claims.

loving :lol::lol::lol: at going straight to "actually no this is not the worst it's ever been, you have five times more purchasing power than you would have had in the worst economic depression in modern US history!" :allears:

quote:

And yet other experts and even some Democratic officials see political danger in this approach, in part because voter discontent — even if prone to occasional rhetorical excess, especially on the internet — is driven by a real deterioration in people’s conditions.
Inflation has subsided, but price hikes continue, and wages remain below their pre-pandemic trajectory. With the expiration of trillions of dollars in covid aid, and the resumption of evictions and student loan payments, millions of voters suddenly see worse financial circumstances than they did a year ago.

In fact, from 2015 to 2021, more than half of the country saw their disposable income increase relative to the prior year. But with inflation and the disappearance of covid aid, that number has flipped. In 2022, at the same time voters soured on the economy, close to 60 percent of people saw their income decline relative to last year, according to Matt Bruenig, founder of the People’s Policy Project, a think tank that supports expansion of the welfare state. “The insistence that the economy is just obviously good and that grievances against it are necessarily rooted in bad motivations or perpetual goalpost-moving is really just lazy punditry,” Bruenig wrote.
Other issues also feed economic frustration: high interest rates that have put the dream of homeownership out of reach for millions; rising rents for everyone else; and persistently high grocery prices, among other factors.

Jordan Uhl, a content creator and progressive activist, said it’s no surprise that TikTok — populated disproportionately by younger people and people who work for hourly wages — captures dissatisfaction with the economy.
“There’s this cadre of number-crunching paperwork obsessives who are convinced that if some report says inflation is slowing, that means everything is great and everybody who feels something different is either lying or brainwashed by TikTok,” he said. “The idea that people are just making this up or are misled about their own material conditions is absurd.”

Talk about burying the lede, lmao. The article finally addresses why most people don't actually think the economy is good but it's punted until the last couple paragraphs of the entire article. Although even then it's couched as being the rhetoric of "progressives" and those that "support expansion of the welfare state." Just a bunch of angry zoomer commies on tiktok, economy good!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"Why do voters think the economy is bad? Is it because prices are up, rents are up, interest rates are up, student loans have restarted, and a majority of Americans saw their income decline this year? Or is it because a bunch of bad faith actors are exaggerating things on TikTok? My column:"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

did he forget to bake it or

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Sydin posted:

"Why do voters think the economy is bad? Is it because prices are up, rents are up, interest rates are up, student loans have restarted, and a majority of Americans saw their income decline this year? Or is it because a bunch of bad faith actors are exaggerating things on TikTok? My column:"

It's literally the Seymour Skinner "Am I so out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong!" meme.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Sydin posted:

quote:

In fact, from 2015 to 2021, more than half of the country saw their disposable income increase relative to the prior year. But with inflation and the disappearance of covid aid, that number has flipped.

not sure the Dems should be drawing favorable connections to that time period during a presidential race, but i'm not a well-paid strategist

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Sydin posted:

Is there not a single loving person in the room raising their hand to point out that when consumers get a receipt what's on their is the actual price, not the current CPI number? People think the economy is bad because prices are fucknuts higher than they were only a couple years ago, you absolute loving morons.

"We need to gaslight the voters into believing the economy is actually good, but are afraid that will backfire because some voters realize that the economy is, in fact, not good."

loving :lol::lol::lol: at going straight to "actually no this is not the worst it's ever been, you have five times more purchasing power than you would have had in the worst economic depression in modern US history!" :allears:

Talk about burying the lede, lmao. The article finally addresses why most people don't actually think the economy is good but it's punted until the last couple paragraphs of the entire article. Although even then it's couched as being the rhetoric of "progressives" and those that "support expansion of the welfare state." Just a bunch of angry zoomer commies on tiktok, economy good!

While it's gotten catastrophically worse since covid, the economy has never been good for me. I had a professional job in the television industry for 20+ years and I was never able to get ahead. I lived in low income housing for YEARS because basic rent and transportation always costed too much and kept getting more expensive. I felt incredibly guilty for staying in low income housing but there was no way to get anything equivalent on a single income. And all the people who I knew who lived in the building all had "real adult careers" whether it be tv director or a flight attendant or property manager. And none of us could make it.

And I know so many people have it worse than me, but this economy is poo poo and gently caress Joe Biden and the democrats and their beautifully worked out talking point media for trying and convinced use we haven't been eating poo poo for at least 20 years.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

why did he put an uncooked pie on a table in an empty conference room

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

insane clown pussy posted:

why did he put an uncooked pie on a table in an empty conference room

to take a picture of it for social media obviously

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so he could hunch over on top of the table and devour the uncooked pie with his little rat paws

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
what is the matter with these politicians that all the food they're proud of look like the worst things

How do you make an apple pie look bad

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

good thing we have a few people all richer than god to keep these averages dems love to use nice and high. I wonder what the median disposable income is compared to 1930

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
That WaPo article is amazing, Bruenig just comes in halfway through the article saying “These people are idiots” and adding the data.

poo poo like the CPI is a really stupid way to look at it because I believe they don’t track housing, energy, and grocery purchases, all of which got massively more expensive in the last 3 years.