Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Bregor posted:

Finally started playing this game on Steam. It’s great! The music is very cool. The verbal “dialog” took a little while to get used to, but they add to the experience as well. And as a father of two girls I think King Eryk and I often growl and sigh in the same manner.

I love the music in this game, certain types of characters get their own little theme music.

I'll close the votes tonight when I get home from work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
These are the votes that I have counted:

Alena
Study Phial - 6

Lurs
Keep Trading - 4
Offer Gold - 2

Babushka
Do Nothing - 5
Do Something - 1

Shrine
Alena Help - 1
No Gold - 4
Give 18G - 1

Stan
Luba - 1
Wolomy - 2

Invite
Grego - 3

jkq posted:

Mechanics questions:

Is there any deadline for the "Prepare General" and "Prepare Witch" upgrades besides "before the battle with the Radovians starts"?

Since we are now allied with Sir Friderick, do we automatically ally with Jovan and have access to his troops as well, or do we have to invite him first to let him know?

We have up until the battle to prepare our agents.

I apologise for not returning back with an answer sooner, life got in the way over the weekend. Jovan will return automatically next week with some rather surprising news.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (35) Week Eighteen Summary

Welcome back to the madness! Now that we are seated again let's discuss the request from our King.

jkq: Have Alena study the phial, we need to make progress on the murder.

Bregor: Clearing the King's name is paramount to all else we do here! And yet our new witch is already needed elsewhere! Ask Alena to assist in the construction of the shrine, and she can inspect the phial upon her return. We may yet need some divine intervention in the upcoming battle.

NeoRonTheNeuron: Alena can study the phial

Black Robe: Have Alena study the phial, murder is important.

Slaan: Yes yes, let your pet wise women research the phial. Better than spending money on her to go kiss deer in the woods or whatever.

BassMug: I agree, we need the bright witch to study the phial, or we’re going to be completely up a creek when the trial comes.

sb hermit: Have the witch study the phial. Proving our innocence is important. Still not sure if this will ultimately prove our innocence but we have few other leads to go on.

I believe that you have made the correct decision, clearing the King's name is of the utmost importance right now! That, and the horde of Radovians threatening our very lives. But proving the King's innocence will hopefully convince King Ivo to ally with us once again. And Slaan, be careful about what you say about Alena, otherwise, I will send you to hunt this Babushka on your own. Lurs was next on the agenda but we may as well discuss this Babushka now that I've mentioned her.

Bregor: Babushka? That old fairy tale? I thought none believed it lest they were clutching at their mother's apron strings! Thank them for the entertaining story but send the villager away emptyhanded.

Black Robe: Do nothing about Babushka, it seems a little unwise to persecute one witch when we have another working for us.

BassMug: Can I just make a vote that we should Do something about the Babushka? I have no preference as to how we solve the problem, though.

jkq: Do nothing about Babushka, she hasn't harmed anyone yet.

Slaan: This babushka is not our concern. Call me when she burns down a stable or harms horses or attacks my favorite brothel or sics an attack hedgehog on the King.

NeoRonTheNeuron: Let's avoid dealing with Babushka or funding the shrine.

I wish that I had all of your confidence, I hope that she does not prey on any of the villages under your jurisdiction. NeoRonTheNeuron has given his opinion on what he thinks about the business of this shrine, what do the rest of you think?

BassMug: I don’t think we have coin to spare to expand a shrine. Emergencies are happening every week around here, what if we get caught completely flat-footed when, I dunno, the Babushka’s sister shows up or something?

Slaan: The gods botherers can sod off. Their deity would probably prefer they do everything themselves to show piety or something anyways. See, we are still helping!

Black Robe: Give the religious folks 18 gold for a small shrine, we only have one witch and finite gold but a bit of blessing never hurt anyone.

jkq: Although I would like to help with the shrine, no gold for the shrine, we need to keep some reserves to prepare Stan and/or Alena to help with the upcoming battle.

Bregor and NeoRonTheNeuron have already made their feelings known. I shall inform the King to not offer the peasants any money for their barn conversion. I'd now like to hear your thoughts regarding Lurs.

Slaan: What do I care about a peasant merchant doing money things? The fools would sell their own mothers to a brothel to get half a copper piece. Let him trade with Radovians

NeoRonTheNeuron: Lurs can have 3 gold/week to reduce his conflict of interest. The spices hopefully will count as additional supplies instead of being ephemeral.

jkq: Lurs can keep trading with the Radovians while he helps us with troops.

BassMug: As much as I’d like to avoid giving anything at all to our enemies, the Radovians can hardly kill us with spices: we can hopefully kill them with the men the spices will buy. Let him trade with the Radovians, our enemies are to be exploited. Not like we’re giving them real marching supplies, like beer and cheese!

Black Robe: Let Lurs keep trading with the Radovians. War never makes any drat sense anyway and life must go on.

Bregor: Lord Lurs asks too much... we stopped the dust trade as he asked, and now he wants more! And to think, he turns to the Radovians for aid! No, no, this won't do at all. Still, we must continue to secure allies for the days ahead. Even though I do not like it one bit, offer Lurs three gold per week for his spices. It will be a small expense and will keep his business, not to mention his allegiances, away from our enemies.

This isn't the most ideal of situations but we cannot afford our income to drop right now, this may be the best course of action in the long run. If we aren't going to send Stan on Babushka watch then we should send him to one of the villages. Do any of you have any preferences?

Bregor: Since General Stan is available and very much not hunting ghost stories, deploy him to a nearby point of interest, preferably Luba or Wolomy as they are close to us here in Grevno.

Slaan: Send Stan to Wolomy. I'm sure the peasants are behind on their taxes or something

Wolomy it is then. All that we need to decide now is who we should invite to court next week.

Black Robe: Find out what Grego wants from us, as I suggested last week.

NeoRonTheNeuron: Invite Jovan if he's not an ally yet. Otherwise, we'll need to check with Grego

Slaan: Invite Lord Groggy. Oh we did have such nights on the town together as young men! He never had a head for drink, be groggy all day when I took him out! Good times..

Excellent! I'm glad that this meeting went smoothly, there was a lot to discuss and I'm glad that you are all in general agreement with how we should proceed. I shall bid you all a good night, we shall meet again next! Keep an ear out for any Clicky-de clock's!

Thank you for your patience, I have thought hard about what each of you have said to me. Let's begin with you, Lurs. Keep selling your goods to the Radovians. As long as they keep paying, then I'm game.

Great! You will see, Your Grace. It won't change a thing!

I've spoke to Audry about this business with Babushka... I'm afraid that there isn't much we can do. I think someone is trying to fool you. Stick it out, they'll stop eventually.

Your Grace, it's no joke! Everyone is terrified! I don't know where else to look for help!

I'm sorry...

As for you, I can't help. I'm afraid you will have to get by without a new shrine for now.

Oh, woe to us! We can only pray for forgiveness from the Gods now! May they not punish us too harshly...

I would like you to test the samples, please take as much time as you need.

Let me just get a smear of this...

Come and see me in the Throne Room when you find anything out.

Of course, Your Grace.

End of Week Eighteen!

Inventory

Phial - Some kind of phial... There seems to be a substance inside... If this is what poisoned Talys, I'd better leave it be.

Investigation

Archives

Investigation

Babushka

Tavern Business

Spices

Holy Shrine

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

:monocle: The Court Room is going to be unusually busy in the next update so it's going to take a while to get things done. I'll be working on it over the next few days or so and will attempt to have it up for Friday at the latest as that's my next day off from work. Be prepared for a busy council meeting.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (36) The Fatal Matter

Your Grace, a nobleman visiting a local village had problems with folks stealing his goods from him. He asked me to find those responsible. The search wasn't hard and I brought them back for justice. The nobleman was very grateful and he paid me 11 gold.

You have sent a pigeon for me?

I have, welcome to our castle. I presume you have heard about our upcoming battle with Radovia?

I have, of course. Otherwise I wouldn't be here. I want to help. So, here is my deal. I pride myself in my knowledge of art... My collection of paintings is the biggest in the kingdom. I own paintings by the most prestigious artists. Sylvek van Geh, Monowsky, Pisak... You get the idea! I've heard recently that you hold a very valuable painting. It would be perfect for my collection! "The Stork" by Sylvek van Geh.

I, umm-

Don't say anything yet! You haven't heard the rest of my deal! I can offer you 80 well trained men... And 3 supplies.

Wow - that painting must mean a lot to you.

Of course it does. It needs to vanish from this castle! I mean, it'll look better in my gallery, alongside the others! I imagine the painting is hanging somewhere, so I'll give you time to take it down. That is, of course, if you agree to my deal. I would like to pick it up personally. So, invite me whenever you are ready.

I quite like this painting. It does look nice in the bedroom. I'll think about your offer.

Of course, take your time. Send me a pigeon whenever you're ready to talk.

Take a look at the drawings on this letter, Grego. Could you tell me anything about them?

These plants look like Rowan Trees. These trees grant protection from evil witches and their curses. Many kingdoms use these trees to build children's cradles.

So a Lord who wants protection against witches and curses probably wrote this letter.

Thank you, Grego. This is very useful information.

I have found this near Branca... Can you tell me anything about it?

It's a used, glass phial. I'm not sure what more I could tell you, Your Grace.

I have found this in my Wine Cellar, can you tell me anything about it?

Do you have beasts in your Dungeons, Eryk? You had better find a Hunter to deal with this!

I think that is all. Thank you for visiting.

Goodbye, Your Grace.

Your Grace, Jonas Pyrkic here, a tevelling merchant. I have a unique collectible item for you. A set of cards! But! Before you send me away, let me show you! You see... Every card is depicted with an illustration of beautiful, exotic women! I understand that the Queen may not approve of them, but... she doesn't have to know. Only 12 gold!

Jonas, is it? I recognize your name...

Yes! At your service! Why do you ask?

I thought I recognised those gloves! I think you'll stay here with me. You're going to my Dungeons. I think I know someone who wants to talk to you.

This is a misunderstanding! My name is Jotan! Um.. Yes! Jotan, not Jonas!

We should probably invite Lady Masha and tell her we've found her lost friend.

Your Grace, Sir Friderick is dead. Lord Jovan is responsible for ending his life.

I don't regret this decision. Not one bit.

Why? What made you stoop to this?

He had it coming... Friderick was an abusive scumbag. Lonna, his wife, has endured a lot. Proving Noaksey's a liar strengthened Friderick's ego. Happy that he put Noaksey in his place, he started celebrating. Drank to his heart's content. He felt invincible, wanted to show Lonna, his wife, that he was a real man.

I thought you respected Sir Friderick. You didn't want to join my banner unless he did.

He trained me. Sometimes he would be completely drunk, and I saw what he was like to Lonna. A veteran. Now a faded star, but once, a real legend. I couldn't bear to watch him abuse her, but he was of a higher rank. I wanted him to join you first, as I didn't want to do anything that would upset him. I didn't want Lonna to suffer for my decision, in case he didn't agree with it. I didn't realise that something else would set him off anyway. He always got abusive when he drank. Everyone knew about it. The guards, peasants. Noble knights. Right... Friderick would beat Lonna up and wouldn't let her out... No one lifted a finger to help. Everyone was too scared to do anything. I couldn't watch. Go ahead, kill me, if you must. But you know Friderick deserved this. If you spare me, I will join your armies. I will aid you with my main force of 120 men. I will also offer my pikemen to join your battle. They can deal with any cavalry the Radovians may come with. I will also give you 5 gold.

This news is not something that I can take lightly. I must discuss this with the council members and put your case to them. Sir Friderick deserved to be punished for his misdeed's, but you should have come to me first so we could have dealt with this in the proper manner. You will remain under arrest for the time being. I will make sure that you remain comfortable until we have made a decision.

Your Grace, I'm a sorcerer from the market. Your petitioners often visit me if... you refuse to help them. I aid as many people as I can for very little in return. It's not enough to cover all the ingredients I need for potions. As it stands, I'm out of most of my ingredients at the moment, and the queue to my place isn't any shorter than yours. Would you please be able to help out with some extra gold?

I would send my Witch to aid you but I'm afraid that she is busy right now. I will speak to my advisor to see if there's anything that we can do. Please wait in the lobby, I shall have an answer for you soon.

Ekhem! To you I come, a truly humble kind. I hope I find you well, in good shape and mind.

Your Grace, this is Torlando. A writer known across many halls and taverns.

Excuse me! Not just Torlando! I am - ekhem - Torlando the Wonderful! Writer and poet recognised in all kingdoms experiencing the artistic renaissance. The popularity of whom is discussed even in the kingdoms of stagnant growth, including Yeles, Caladur, Berravia... And... Radoviam of which I will remain silent for the known reasons.

Very well, what can I do for you?

Your Grace, if I may... I'm working on my latest release, but I have no clue how to finish this piece. It's a story about royal intrigues, oaths of the past, foolish peasants and passionate lust! May I honor you with my latest work?

Of course! I am open to art of all kinds!

The porm is (for now) entitled: Kupalnocka. Ekhem!

The moon shines so bright, high up in the sky.
Kupala night is upon us!
Laughter and music can be heard outside, but the weary knight may not rest.
Inside the castle, there's no friv'lous joy.
The fatal matter must be solved.
The night is short, this time of year, so let's make the best of it, while we can.
Fire, pleasure and delight will rule this night.

This is fantastic! Bravo!

Thank you, Your Grace! Although, I am not surprised that you find this so delightful! The problem is... I- I cannot continue. Ekhem... I have hit a wall, and I cannot write at all! I am desperate for some true inspiration! I strongly believe that seeing your General patrolling, would get my creative juices rolling! Therefore, I beg of you, please! Allow your general, to join me, to get out of this squeeze!

I cannot give you an answer at this moment in time but I will discuss this with my advisor shortly. My servant will take you to the guest quarters until I have an answer for you.

Your Grace, part of our village was flooded. Luckily, no one got hurt... but our homes were devastated. We could use some gold to buy resources to rebuild our houses.

I will speak to my advisor to see if there is anything that we can do to help. Please wait in the lobby while you await our decision.

Your Grace! You've made a mistake! I have done nothing wrong!

You have stolen gold from Lady Masha! This is unacceptable! She will decide what to do with you. I'd better not see you selling in Davern again!

But... Your Grace. I really didn't mean anything bad. Please forgive me...

Council Meeting

Good evening Council Members to the eighteenth meeting of the new committee. I would like to forego the formal introductions to the meetings as our King has an urgent matter to discuss and he has important duties to attend. Your Grace, you have the floor.

Thank you, Audry. I want to begin by thanking you all for your sterling work over the past few months. The Kingdom is running smoother than it has ever before and I'm confident that we will defeat the Radovians with how things are going. We won't defeat the Radovians unless we have help from other people and this is what I would like to talk to you all about today.

You all know about the situation involving Noaksey and Sir Friderick. I'm afraid to say that the events turned nasty after everything was resolved. Noaksey made several comments about Sir Friderick's violent spousal abuse and about his heavy drinking. It turns out that these rumours were actually the truth and it has been ongoing for many years. It seems like this was an open secret in Sir Friderick's household and was also shared knowledge between some of the nobility. These rumours did not make the courtroom, or at least, they weren't shared with myself or with Audry. I find this disturbing as we could have done something about it if we had known before. It is too late to do anything about him now though.

Lord Jovan decided to take the law into his own hands and admitted to us that he had killed Sir Friderick. I would say that any form of abuse is one step too far, but Sir Friderick's ego was so high after his victory over Noaksey that he raised things even further. Lord Jovan found out and decided to put an end to it, permanently. A fight ensued and Lord Jovan emerged as the victor. I would have preferred if he had spoken to me first so we could have brought Sir Friderick to justice in the courtroom. But I know that Sir Friderick wouldn't allow it to go that far, he is quick to draw his sword and has done so in my courtroom without provocation.

If this was any other time, Lord Jovan would be put on trial and we would dispense justice. Right now we are preparing for a battle against the Radovians and we need as much help as we can get. There is going to be no public trial for Lord Jovan, I will let you all be the judge of him and we will deal with this matter here and now. I will understand if you want him to face justice, but we are in desperate need of soldiers and his execution would mean that we lose an ally and the support of his people. Thank you for your time, I will now leave you in the capable hands of my advisor.

Thank you, your Grace... Now that he has gone we can begin the meeting and dispense with with the formalities. You heard the King, shall we pardon Jovan or send him to the chopping block?

Sir Grego visited the Court Room today. He had a rather surprising offer for the King to secure an alliance. The King has a painting in his bedroom by an artist called Sylvek van Geh and it turns out that it is rather valuable. The King is rather fond of the painting but I'm sure he would prefer to lose the painting over losing the whole castle. Should we give the painting to Grego or should we politefully decline his offer

One of the locals nearby has claimed that he is a sorcerer and has been claiming that he has been helping all of the villagers that we have refused to help. I didn't appreciate his impertinence as we have been extremely generous with helping everyone that we were able too. Or at least, those that we felt like they deserved our help. He is asking for some help in restocking his supplies as he's starting to run low after helping a few of the people who we turned away. We could have sent Alena to help him replace new herbs with some fresh ones from the forest but she is currently away right now. Should we give him 18 gold so he can buy herbs from the market or should we tell him to go away?

Torlando graced us with his presence today. Some of you may recognise some of his works, have seen him perform, or at least seen or heard his name around town locally. You may be a fan of his or you may prefer to use his poetry books as latrine paper. Either way, he is working on a new piece and is in need of some inspiration. In fact, the inspiration that he needs right now is from our very own General. Shall we let Torlando hire Stan for two weeks? He is free as there isn't a crisis that he is currently involved in. We could ask Torlando to come back in two weeks if we don't want to let Stan go just yet, or we could tell him to sod off entirely.

Our last visit was from a peasant whose village had suffered from severe flooding. It seems like the damage has been pretty extensive and they are needing repairs. We can send Stan and his team to help with repairs or we can give them 12 gold to cover some of the costs. We can also tell them that we aren't going to help at all, times are hard for us all right now.

Map

There are still plenty of unexplored locations if you decide that Stan is better off doing some more scouting.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Allies

Who shall we invite to court next week?

Lena - We can speak to Lena about the new evidence that we have collected and we can also talk about the alliance offer.

Etton, Noaksey - We may have lost them as allies but they could still help us with our investigation.

Via Lyt - We could ask her about the phial.

Masha - We can invite her back so she can deal with Jonas and maybe secure an alliance with her at the same time.

Grego - If you decide that you would like to accept his offer, we can invite him back to secure the alliance.

That is it for now. Please let me know if you also have any thoughts on further upgrades. It is now time for a recess, we shall meet again in an hour's time.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 28, 2023

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Pardon Jovan. It sounds like a duel of personal honour between two gentlemen and I'm inclined to leave it at that. Doubtless his wife is better off now.

Give the painting to Grego.
Once this war is done His Majesty may purchase a copy of the painting to replace it at his leisure.

I don't recall refusing anyone the kind of aid they would need a sorcerer or a herbalist for, so tell the sorceror to go away.

Tell the writer to sod off, our general has more important things to do.

Send Stan to help repair the village, we need our gold but can still help. Mr Big Shot Writer can follow if he wants some free inspiration.

Invite Masha to get this Jonas fellow out of the dungeon and out of our hair.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Off with his head! Some angry Knight shouldn't be able to go around accusing and slaying his betters people. This deserves punishment!

Keep 'The Stork' my Lord. The land and my own opportunity to get it can't lose such a cultural masterpiece!

Send Stan with the poet so that we can finish his glorious piece. What a way to increase the men's morale!

We have a witch, no need for a sorcerer. He can sod off

Yes, yes give the village some gold. That one has a lodge nearby I stay at when I'm out hunting. The lodge can't get servants if they are all dead.

Invite Masha to get rid of the thief.

Prepare the witch for battle as she isn't needed at this moment.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Pardon Jovan, two wrong's don't make it right, but at least it can provide some peace for Lonna.

Give the painting to Grego, material posessions can always be replaced.

Tell the sorcerer to go away, he should be happy that he has more customers!

Send Stan to help rebuild the village, the soldiers can always use more exercise.

Tell Torlando to come back in 2 weeks, or to help Stan rebuild the village, as Black Robe mentioned.

Invite Masha, maybe we can get that alliance secured too.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Unless there's some Deus Ex Machina or solving the murder is supposed to be what gets us to 1000, I think the numbers have been rigged to force us to take Lena's deal. How could Noaksey, Sir Friderick, and Jovan end up this way? :(

Pardon Jovan
Invite Masha
Painting to Grego

I don't know about the rest, but so far, sending Stan to visit nearby villages has not paid off much. He costs 9 gold, and he only brings back 11 gold. If we have other things he can help with, he should do those things instead.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

Unless there's some Deus Ex Machina or solving the murder is supposed to be what gets us to 1000, I think the numbers have been rigged to force us to take Lena's deal. How could Noaksey, Sir Friderick, and Jovan end up this way? :(

Pardon Jovan
Invite Masha
Painting to Grego

I don't know about the rest, but so far, sending Stan to visit nearby villages has not paid off much. He costs 9 gold, and he only brings back 11 gold. If we have other things he can help with, he should do those things instead.

We currently have 674 troops. If we pardon Jovan, sell the painting and hand over the prisoner to Masha then that will potentially provide us with 330 more troops and take us above 1000. I'm fairly certain that we keep Friderick's troops, they still remain at the start of the week and no one comes to inform us that the deal is off.

Stan has brought in 2 extra gold, which is still something. Scouting the villages will always yield a surprise and it's not always gold and\or supplies, we may also meet people as well. Sometimes the scouting will pay off and sometimes it won't. But if someone is in need, it may be best to send an agent to help them keep the happiness levels as high as possible.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Pardon Jovan. Let's call it a duel and have done with it.

Invite Masha. Cheaters never prosper if we'll have anything to say about it.

We should give over the painting. What's better: one painting or the kingdom's survival?

Give the village 12 gold, we can afford it and they need it.

Send Stan to the village of, uh, Prabuly. We need to get exploring.

Tell the sorceror we can't help. It's... probably fine.

Tell Torlando to come back in two weeks, as well.

Prep the Witch for the battle, since she has some free time.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

We currently have 674 troops. If we pardon Jovan, sell the painting and hand over the prisoner to Masha then that will potentially provide us with 330 more troops and take us above 1000. I'm fairly certain that we keep Friderick's troops, they still remain at the start of the week and no one comes to inform us that the deal is off.

Stan has brought in 2 extra gold, which is still something. Scouting the villages will always yield a surprise and it's not always gold and\or supplies, we may also meet people as well. Sometimes the scouting will pay off and sometimes it won't. But if someone is in need, it may be best to send an agent to help them keep the happiness levels as high as possible.

Reassuring!
It's true that Friderick is still in the status screen despite his death. May his contributions still be there next week.
Good to know that there may gems hidden within the villages too. We just have to guess right.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I believe our staff witch is still investigating the phial so I don’t see any need to expend any more resources to that regard. However, we still need to find out more information regarding the tooth, so we may have hit a dead end there

Invite Masha and see if she can still pledge her troops in exchange for the prisoner and perhaps some gold. Masha needs gold, which the thief likely doesn’t have, so I feel reluctant in spending any of our own.

Pardon Jovan as a practical necessity.

Give Grego the painting. Why lose our heads over such a trifle?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
The lords of our lands should have certain discretionary powers during wartime, and while I can't say that Sir Friderick deserved to die, Lord Jovan was sure enough to carry out the deed. Give Lord Jovan a royal pardon, and secure his allegiance for the upcoming battle.

A painting for an alliance? Sounds like a very favorable arrangement! Give Sir Grego the painting he requires, it is time for the stork to leave the nest!

A sorcerer, eh? By this person's own admission the kingdom does not have the resources to help everyone, so why does he think we can offer him any gold now? Send the sorcerer on his way.

Torlando the Wonderful! The greatest bard this side of the mountains! Our people need fine entertainment during these troubled times. Still, Stan has a more pressing matter. Kindly ask Torlando to return in a fortnight.

Flood waters are a hard thing to manage, and it is essential that our people are able to cultivate the land again soon. Send General Stan to aid the villagers.

If the council decides to sell the painting, I suggest we send immediately for Grego again and make the trade. If not, then Masha would be my alternative choice as we have the swindler in custody.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Pardon Jovan and put a pin in this precedent.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm going to close the voting now as it's been a few days:

Jovan
Execute - 1
Pardon - 7

Grego
Give Painting - 6
Refuse Deal - 1

Sorcerer
Refuse - 5

Torlando
Come Back Later - 3
Refuse - 1
Send Stan - 1

Village
Give Gold - 2
Send Stan - 3

Invite
Grego - 1
Masha - 6

Map
Prabuly - 1

Upgrades
Alena - 2

Just to make things clear, Stan will be going to the village to help out. Edit: I'll also prepare Alena for battle.

Double Edit: I completely missed that the developers were giving out keys for the beta of Yes, Your Grace 2.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 28, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (37) Week Nineteen Summary

Are we all seated again? Good! Good! I don't want to beat around the bush with the Jovan situation, what have you decided?

Black Robe: Pardon Jovan. It sounds like a duel of personal honour between two gentlemen and I'm inclined to leave it at that. Doubtless his wife is better off now.

Slaan: Off with his head! Some angry Knight shouldn't be able to go around accusing and slaying his betters people. This deserves punishment!

jkq: Pardon Jovan, two wrong's don't make it right, but at least it can provide some peace for Lonna.

NeoRonTheNeuron: Pardon Jovan

Quackles: Pardon Jovan. Let's call it a duel and have done with it.

sb hermit: Pardon Jovan as a practical necessity.

Bregor: The lords of our lands should have certain discretionary powers during wartime, and while I can't say that Sir Friderick deserved to die, Lord Jovan was sure enough to carry out the deed. Give Lord Jovan a royal pardon, and secure his allegiance for the upcoming battle.

Rogue AI Goddess: Pardon Jovan and put a pin in this precedent.

I will let the King know as soon as I am able too, I'm sure that he will appreciate your understanding in this matter. I'll also try to get an increase in your bonus at the end of the year. Well, for those of you who survive the battle. What was next on the agenda? Grego and his deal... thoughts?

Slaan: Keep 'The Stork' my Lord. The land and my own opportunity to get it can't lose such a cultural masterpiece!

NeoRonTheNeuron: Painting to Grego

sb hermit: Give Grego the painting. Why lose our heads over such a trifle?

Bregor: A painting for an alliance? Sounds like a very favorable arrangement! Give Sir Grego the painting he requires, it is time for the stork to leave the nest!

Black Robe: Give the painting to Grego. Once this war is done His Majesty may purchase a copy of the painting to replace it at his leisure.

jkq: Give the painting to Grego, material posessions can always be replaced.

Quackles: We should give over the painting. What's better: one painting or the kingdom's survival?

It shall be done! I wonder if the other paintings are worth anything... Maybe once the looting starts... *ahem* Where were we? Ah, yes. The sorcerer!

Bregor: A sorcerer, eh? By this person's own admission the kingdom does not have the resources to help everyone, so why does he think we can offer him any gold now? Send the sorcerer on his way.

Quackles: Tell the sorceror we can't help. It's... probably fine.

jkq: Tell the sorcerer to go away, he should be happy that he has more customers!

Slaan: We have a witch, no need for a sorcerer. He can sod off

Black Robe: I don't recall refusing anyone the kind of aid they would need a sorcerer or a herbalist for, so tell the sorceror to go away.

I will tell the King that he should tell the sorcerer to sod off. I hope that you will all be more pleasant regarding our next guest. Have you all made a decision regarding Torlando?

Quackles: Tell Torlando to come back in two weeks, as well.

jkq: Tell Torlando to come back in 2 weeks, or to help Stan rebuild the village, as Black Robe mentioned.

Bregor: Torlando the Wonderful! The greatest bard this side of the mountains! Our people need fine entertainment during these troubled times. Still, Stan has a more pressing matter. Kindly ask Torlando to return in a fortnight.

Black Robe: Tell the writer to sod off, our general has more important things to do.

Slaan: Send Stan with the poet so that we can finish his glorious piece. What a way to increase the men's morale!

I will tell the King of our decision, I'm sure that he will be happy to see Torlando again in a fortnight. What shall we do about the flooded village?

jkq: Send Stan to help rebuild the village, the soldiers can always use more exercise.

Bregor: Flood waters are a hard thing to manage, and it is essential that our people are able to cultivate the land again soon. Send General Stan to aid the villagers.

Quackles: Give the village 12 gold, we can afford it and they need it. Send Stan to the village of, uh, Prabuly. We need to get exploring.

Black Robe: Send Stan to help repair the village, we need our gold but can still help. Mr Big Shot Writer can follow if he wants some free inspiration.

Slaan: Yes, yes give the village some gold. That one has a lodge nearby I stay at when I'm out hunting. The lodge can't get servants if they are all dead.

I appreciate all of your candour, even if it is a little... Moving onwards... We shall send Stan and his team at first light. Alena is still busy with analysing the phial so we have no agents free at the moment. Let's talk about who to invite back next week.

sb hermit: Invite Masha and see if she can still pledge her troops in exchange for the prisoner and perhaps some gold. Masha needs gold, which the thief likely doesn’t have, so I feel reluctant in spending any of our own.

NeoRonTheNeuron: Invite Masha

Black Robe: Invite Masha to get this Jonas fellow out of the dungeon and out of our hair.

Bregor: If the council decides to sell the painting, I suggest we send immediately for Grego again and make the trade. If not, then Masha would be my alternative choice as we have the swindler in custody.

Slaan: Invite Masha to get rid of the thief.

jkq: Invite Masha, maybe we can get that alliance secured too.

Quackles: Invite Masha. Cheaters never prosper if we'll have anything to say about it.

Masha it is then. Thank you once again for taking the time to vote on these matters. Before we conclude the meeting, are there any other orders of business?

Slaan: Prepare the witch for battle as she isn't needed at this moment.

Quackles: Prep the Witch for the battle, since she has some free time.

I will speak to Alena and ask her to prepare medicines, remedies and whatnot for the wounded. I'm sure that she will be able to help out in other ways too. I believe that we are done here. See you all again next week!

Jovan, you will be freed. It's a sad day for the knighthood... But I understand why you did this, Jovan. Your deeds are forgiven, and you shall serve Davern in the upcoming battle. I suggest you stay out of sight for a while... just in case.

Thank you, Your Grace.

I really appreciate you helping our people, but we don't have enough resources to help you.

No wonder why there are so many sick people in Davern, if the King does not prioritise healthcare! Your queue isn't even half as big as mine! Humph!

I wish I could help. Perhaps return another time and I will try to keep a General available to assist you.

I can see the desire in your eye to hear more of my wonderful poetry! I shall be back within two weeks! Your General better be ready by then!

I think all you need is an extra pair of hands. Our General will help you reorganise. Perhaps he can rebuild some houses with you.

Yes, I suppose we could use the General's help. Thank you, Your Grace.

Ah, I got it! I need to invite Grego to give him that painting.

End of Week Nineteen!

Inventory

Stork Painting - A painting of a stork. These creatures are so graceful. It would be a shame to let it go, but I can make some extra gold if I give it to Lord Grego.

Archives

Investigation

Business is Business

Looking for Jonas

Torlando the Wonderful

Flooded Village

The Upper Hand

Sorcerer's Ingredients

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 31, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I thought we invited Masha?

EDIT: Oh, she's coming next week.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I keep forgetting that Pietro is in the Dungeon. Asalia's new friend hasn't left the gardens either.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (38) A Delicious Broth

Poor Dusty, he always loved to cuddle in bed with Lorsulia.

Cedani doesn't need to know about this...

We should ask Lorsulia about something else... Ask Lorsulia how she is, what she does with her time. Tell her everyone is missing her.

Very well, Your Grace. I will write her a letter. We should anticipate a reply within a couple of weeks.

Your Grace, I have found a match from the substance in this phial to the poison used on Talys.

So, it's quite certain that this phial was used to poison Talys... But what would it be doing near Branca?

I don't know, Your Grace.

Thank you for this, it'll be useful in our investigation.

You have called for me.

Guess who's waiting for you in my Dungeons?

Ohhh! You got that little weasel, didn't you? Here's some 7 gold for your trouble. Thank you, Your Grace.

Your Grace, where I come from, there's... an odd fog surrounding the nearby forest. Anyone who goes in the fog, disappears without any trace! A few local adventurers came forward. They said they would find the one responsible, but they never came back. We're thinking... The fog turns people into frogs, bugs maybe... There's plenty of them in the forests, but no signs of the people who go in there!

We may be able to help you out but I must speak to my advisor first to see if our Witch is available. Please wait in the lobby until I have an answer for you.

Oh, Your Grace! My boy! My dearest grandchild! Got himself into big, big trouble, Your Grace! He asked me not to come here, but I... I don't know where else to go! He's been involved with the Oracle Dust sales for a long time now. It's harmless - he told me. Only selling to begin with, but he recently started using it as well! He was over the moon, so happy and giggly at first! Even tried convincing me to use it to relax, but I am no lady to get involved in this nasty business. Now he's very ill, Your Grace. Can't leave the bed, my poor baby! He keeps asking to bring him some more Dust, but I know this is the cause of his illness for sure! He tells me it'll make him feel better... I have no heart to look at him in this state, barely moving, with skin as blue as blueberries. Please help Your Grace!

I have had personal dealing with this Oracle Dust that you speak of. I will speak to my advisor to see if there is anything that we can do to help. Please wait in the lobby until we have made a decision.

Your Grace! A rooster has been running around our kitchen for days, but we've finally managed to catch him. It was a beautiful bird... we couldn't keep him, as we already have a rooster, but it made a delicious broth. Our staff liked it so much I thought I'd bring some for you to try. I'm not sure where this chick came from, but it was surely well fed.

Oh no... Cedani is going to kill me. Why couldn't you ask me first?! This was my daughter's pet!

Oh, Your Grace... I didn't know! My apologies...

I think that you should come back later when the King has calmed down...

Your Grace.

I had to let the rooster go, Cedani. I'm sorry. He really wanted to get outside these castle walls. He's going to be happier if he's free.

Thank you, Your Grace. I wanted to do this myself. He wasn't suited to be an agent. All he did was poop everywhere. I'm glad you set him free, Father.

I'm glad too. Please be careful with these animals, Pumpkin.

I am, Your Grace.

Lorsulia sent a letter... I asked her about Dusty. Just like you told me to.

What did she say? Is Dusty alright? Does he like the new castle? I bet he'd prefer it here...

He is completely fine, Cedani. He didn't like the journey so much... But he is in a cosy castle now, probably laying by some warm fireplace.

No, Father! He is an explorer; he probably runs around all the castle walls. Like he did here!

Of course, Cedani. I will see you later, Pumpkin.

We are making some headway with this investigation. Alena found the phial and has confirmed that it was used to poison Talys' wine. Stan discovered that the letter is from one of the Northern Lords and Grego has identified that it is decorated with Rowan Trees. We need some help with this tooth... Maybe we should employ a new agent who has some expertise in these matters.

Council Meeting

Good evening all! This is a much more quieter week compared to last week but there is still plenty to go through. Masha returned to the courtroom today and gave us 7 gold and 130 soldiers in return for handing over Jovan. This brings up the total of our soldiers to 934. I have no idea how big the Radovian army will be but 1000 soldiers should be enough to withhold a siege from a large army. Our treasury is now at a very comfortable 65 gold and we will still run at a profit even if we are paying for both agents each week.

There is a somewhat... bad piece of news that I need to bring to you all. The rooster that we paid a good chunk of gold to pay for has been killed by the cook and has been turned into a broth. Coincidentally, this is what we are having for lunch today. It's not the cook's fault entirely, he was not aware that the rooster was a pet and had been running around the kitchen for days being a nuisance. The King was incensed at first but soon calmed down. He has told Cedani that the rooster has been set free and is now living in the wild, so if you see her please don't let the rooster out of the bag with the reality of the situation. The cook did kill a very expensive rooster and a family pet but it's not like he knew anything about this beforehand. Should we fire the cook or should we accept the situation and move on?

There were only two petitioners today, I'll begin with the first as this one is rather complicated. As you know, we've been hearing more reports of supernatural events happening over the previous few weeks and this one isn't much different. There is a strange fog that has appeared in a forest near one of our villages. Several of the villagers have entered the forest but they haven't returned. They believe that someone is responsible for this fog and they want some help in trying to discover who is behind it. Should we send Alena to help or should we tell her that we won't be helping at all? It could just be normal fog but there could be some eerie goings on with it. If we decide to send our Witch then she will be gone for two weeks while she investigates what's happening.

We may have struck a blow to the Oracle Dust trade but it's not over entirely. There are still people buying and selling the drat thing and there's always going to be complications that will come along with it. One of our own residents visited us today and told us that her grandson has not only been dealing the stuff but has also become addicted to it. So much so that he is now bedridden and has become very sick because of it. We could try to cure the grandson, we can either send Alena to help but she will be gone for a couple of weeks, or we could give her 23 gold to help pay for a healer. Or we could tell her that we won't be helping.

Map

If you believe that Alena is better suited elsewhere then we still have plenty of villages that we need to scout.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Allies

Who shall we invite to court next week?

Lena - We can speak to her about the investigation and\or we can speak to her about her alliance offer.

Etton, Noaksey or Via Lyt - We can also speak to them about the investigation.

Grego - We can give him the painting to seal the alliance.

Upgrades

We need to be careful as our people's happiness is starting to drop. We've lost 6 points in our approval rating within the last couple of weeks. We currently don't have enough for the carnival but we do have enough gold to prepare Stan for the upcoming battle.

That is it for now. Let us enjoy some of this yummy broth while we deliberate.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Ah, chicken soup. I hear it's good for the soul.

Don't fire the cook, he had no way of knowing and it's all ended relatively well.

Send Alena to look at this fog, I suspect it will be ordinary bandits or some such but better safe than sorry.

As we have the money right now, pay for a healer to attend the idiot. We may end up needing him to testify in the future if we're really to sort out this Dust business and it won't do our reputation any harm to help him instead of leaving him to recover naturally.

...maybe some chicken soup would help?

Invite Grego and check him off the list.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Our suplies are dropping very fast. Are we going to muster an army and then fail to feed it?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
*stares morosely at the soup*

So it has come to this. The King is trying to put his magic cock into all of our bodies.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Kanthulhu posted:

Our suplies are dropping very fast. Are we going to muster an army and then fail to feed it?

Securing Grego's alliance should give us an extra 3 supplies a week, but that still leaves us with a deficit of 4 a week. We may need to take this deal with Lena to keep things afloat, or we will have to send out both agents to villages and hope that they find supplies. (Edit: But this means we may have to take more hits to happiness.)

Something needs to be done or it's game over in 2 weeks. Allying with Grego means that you have an extra week to secure more supplies.

Double edit: The only sure way out of this hole is to ally with Grego AND Lena.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 30, 2023

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Don't fire the cook! And on a completely unrelated note, does the princess have any other pets that could wander towards the kitchen?

Investigate the fog. But be careful, everyone knows the enemy army always marches out of a dense fog.

let the dust dealer live with his fatre. Why are you asking that absurd price for a healer? The man was dealing drugs, use his I'll gotten gains to recover him.

prep stan. The man has stood by us for so long he deserves it.

Secure the alliance with Grego

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 30, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

And on a completely unrelated note, does the princess have any other pets that could wander towards the kitchen?

I don't believe so, although maybe we could get her some? How about a friendly pig or a courageous cow?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Fire the cook! That bastard surely poisoned my food a couple weeks ago. I spent a full week in the latrine. I don't trust this soup either *pushes it away*

Send the witch to the fog as getting rid of fog will help our stupid PEASANTS do their jobs and farm supplies for the army

The first dealer's mom can sod off. How dare this woman bring up such minor matters to His Grace?!

Prep the General. The damned PEASANTS probably are behind on paying their grain taxes to His Grace so having Stan prepared will get our taxes up in the long term

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Black Robe posted:

Ah, chicken soup. I hear it's good for the soul.

Don't fire the cook, he had no way of knowing and it's all ended relatively well.

Send Alena to look at this fog, I suspect it will be ordinary bandits or some such but better safe than sorry.

As we have the money right now, pay for a healer to attend the idiot. We may end up needing him to testify in the future if we're really to sort out this Dust business and it won't do our reputation any harm to help him instead of leaving him to recover naturally.

These seem good.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Yeah, unfortunately, the alliances that give you army + supplies are close to net-neutral for supplies. The alliances that give you gold don't give you enough supplies and drain you dry.

Sir Friderick's contributions are gone now, but Grego's 80 soldiers will also be enough to get us to 1000.

Getting Lena will not help us since her army size is so big that she'll make the supply situation worse.

I don't know how the game expects us to work around it, but we're on track to run out of supplies. Other than getting Grego, any ideas?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

Yeah, unfortunately, the alliances that give you army + supplies are close to net-neutral for supplies. The alliances that give you gold don't give you enough supplies and drain you dry.

Sir Friderick's contributions are gone now, but Grego's 80 soldiers will also be enough to get us to 1000.

Getting Lena will not help us since her army size is so big that she'll make the supply situation worse.

I don't know how the game expects us to work around it, but we're on track to run out of supplies. Other than getting Grego, any ideas?

Allying with Lena will give us an extra 5 supplies a week. It won't make us even but it will lessen the bleed that we're facing right now. Maybe preparing Alena wasn't the ideal choice right now. I could go back and reverse this decision to give us more time to find a solution. Or we could go on full panic mode for the next two weeks.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Accept the meal situation, the cook didn't know, and Cedani didn't get too upset (thanks to the story about letting him go free). Will we all gain the rooster's powers after eating the soup?

Send Alena to help, hopefully she doesn't disappear as well!

Give her 23 gold to hire a healer, it would be good to know if the addiction is something that can be healed. Perhaps we'll need to help cure Etton at some point in the future?

Invite Grego, we still need the troops, and now we also need the supplies.

Can we use some of our treasury funds to buy supplies?

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Allying with Lena will give us an extra 5 supplies a week. It won't make us even but it will lessen the bleed that we're facing right now. Maybe preparing Alena wasn't the ideal choice right now. I could go back and reverse this decision to give us more time to find a solution. Or we could go on full panic mode for the next two weeks.

Unfortunately, allying with Lena doesn't work. She comes with 300 army, which she forces us to feed. I think it'll be around 9 supplies/week, which far exceeds the 5 supplies/week she offers. Allying with her will destroy us faster.

The reason I think it's 9 is that we're at 803 army and are paying 23. So it's about 3 supplies per 100 army.

Tbh, Grego's cutting it pretty close since he only offers 3 supplies for his 80 army.

The only other ways I can think of:
- For the long-term, get people happier. Happy citizens seem to produce more taxes
- Get lucky on a village exploration and hope Stan can bring us back some supplies
- If we could use treasury funds to buy supplies, that'd be great too

EDIT: Oh dear, we might really need to undo prepping Alena. =/

NeoRonTheNeuron fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 1, 2023

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Okay, breaking my silence to let you know that there's a way to deal with the supplies issue. Once you get the army over 1000 soldiers, ideally quite a bit over it, stop paying them. This frees up the supplies going to the army at the cost of causing a small amount of attrition each week, but as long as you're over 1000 soldiers, you're okay.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Ah, then Lena is a viable solution, but only because she gives us extra army for attrition (starvation?)

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

TheDavies posted:

Okay, breaking my silence to let you know that there's a way to deal with the supplies issue. Once you get the army over 1000 soldiers, ideally quite a bit over it, stop paying them. This frees up the supplies going to the army at the cost of causing a small amount of attrition each week, but as long as you're over 1000 soldiers, you're okay.

Thank you for the advice, I will do this when things get tight.

jkq posted:

Can we use some of our treasury funds to buy supplies?

Unfortunately not, although it would helpful if we could.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

We don't currently have a loan out. That could be another stalling measure.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

We don't currently have a loan out. That could be another stalling measure.

Ah yes, I had forgotten about the loan option.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Invite Grego straight away! Give him the blasted painting and secure his allegiance and his weekly cache of supplies! Perhaps next week we can take out a loan of supplies from the Bank de Florentini...

Alas, our majestic cock slain by a chef! You can't blame the poor sap for thinking it was meant for the kitchen, but I will miss the shrill cuckoos echoing through our halls. Let the cook retain his job and pass me a bowl of cock soup, please.

Alena is quite the popular woman this week! How can we be sure this fog is of supernatural origin? Sounds like an overreaction. Refuse to help the villager with the fog. However I am most troubled by the tale of addiction to Oracle Dust. Send Alena to aid the boy. My, it must be a wild ride to consume one's life so!

Finally, as we have the gold to spend, let us prepare General Stan for battle with the Radovian forces. We are closer to proving His Grace's innocence, but it will all be for naught if our castle falls!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm closing the voting now as it's been a few days since the last vote.

Cook
Fire - 1
Don't Fire - 5

Fog
Send Alena - 5
No Help - 1

Addict
Pay For Healer - 3
No Help - 2
Send Alena - 1

Allies
Grego - 4

Upgrades
Prepare Stan - 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (39) Week Twenty Summary

Rogue AI Goddess: *stares morosely at the soup*

So it has come to this. The King is trying to put his magic cock into all of our bodies.

That hasn't happened since that wizard cursed him six summers ago! Oh... the soup... The cook had already made the broth and we needed to dispose of it somehow. Besides, supplies are starting to run low and we shouldn't waste any food. Let's decide the fate of the cook.

Black Robe: Don't fire the cook, he had no way of knowing and it's all ended relatively well.

FoolyCharged: Don't fire the cook! And on a completely unrelated note, does the princess have any other pets that could wander towards the kitchen?

Slaan: Fire the cook! That bastard surely poisoned my food a couple weeks ago. I spent a full week in the latrine. I don't trust this soup either *pushes it away*

jkq: Accept the meal situation, the cook didn't know, and Cedani didn't get too upset (thanks to the story about letting him go free). Will we all gain the rooster's powers after eating the soup?

Bregor: Alas, our majestic cock slain by a chef! You can't blame the poor sap for thinking it was meant for the kitchen, but I will miss the shrill cuckoos echoing through our halls. Let the cook retain his job and pass me a bowl of cock soup, please.

The cook will keep his job. It would be a shame to let him go as this broth really is divine! What shall we do about this mysterious fog?

Bregor: Alena is quite the popular woman this week! How can we be sure this fog is of supernatural origin? Sounds like an overreaction. Refuse to help the villager with the fog. However I am most troubled by the tale of addiction to Oracle Dust. Send Alena to aid the boy. My, it must be a wild ride to consume one's life so!

jkq: Send Alena to help, hopefully she doesn't disappear as well!

Slaan: Send the witch to the fog as getting rid of fog will help our stupid PEASANTS do their jobs and farm supplies for the army

FoolyCharged: Investigate the fog. But be careful, everyone knows the enemy army always marches out of a dense fog.

Black Robe: Send Alena to look at this fog, I suspect it will be ordinary bandits or some such but better safe than sorry.

I will send a message to Alena once this meeting has concluded. I would like her to travel first thing in the morning if she is able to. This means that she will be unable to treat the dust addict in town.

FoolyCharged: let the dust dealer live with his fatre. Why are you asking that absurd price for a healer? The man was dealing drugs, use his I'll gotten gains to recover him.

Black Robe: As we have the money right now, pay for a healer to attend the idiot. We may end up needing him to testify in the future if we're really to sort out this Dust business and it won't do our reputation any harm to help him instead of leaving him to recover naturally.

Quackles: This seem good.

jkq: Give her 23 gold to hire a healer, it would be good to know if the addiction is something that can be healed. Perhaps we'll need to help cure Etton at some point in the future?

Slaan: The first dealer's mom can sod off. How dare this woman bring up such minor matters to His Grace?!

This issue is clearly divisive but we will help pay for a healer. Who shall we invite next week?

jkq: Invite Grego, we still need the troops, and now we also need the supplies.

Black Robe: Invite Grego and check him off the list.

FoolyCharged: Secure the alliance with Grego

The deal shall be done, the King has already taken the painting down in preparation. Both agents are now busy so we are unable to do any further scouting this week. Are there any thoughts about further upgrades or training?

Slaan: Prep the General. The damned PEASANTS probably are behind on paying their grain taxes to His Grace so having Stan prepared will get our taxes up in the long term

Bregor: Finally, as we have the gold to spend, let us prepare General Stan for battle with the Radovian forces. We are closer to proving His Grace's innocence, but it will all be for naught if our castle falls!

FoolyCharged: prep stan. The man has stood by us for so long he deserves it.

It shall be done! There are no further pets so we will need to organise our own lunch for next week's meeting. Thank you all for your time, I shall see you all again next week!

I appreciate all of your patience, I shan't keep you much longer. This matter with the fog is a matter for a Witch. Perhaps the fog has some magical origin. It would be best to send a Witch to check on it. Perhaps she can handle the situation.

Of course! Fight magic with magic! You've got a smart head on your shoulders, no wonder you're the King!

As for your Grandson, I can provide some gold for a healer. You can find one in the market.

Thank you, Your Grace! I'll go and find one right away!

I have spoken to my daughter about this unfortunate incident. It's fine... I just hope she doesn't need him now that Stabber is gone...

End of Week Twenty!

Inventory

Archives

Investigation

Fog in the Forest

Cedani

Looking for Jonas

Oracle Treats