Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1728143542550253844

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Hell yeah, the match when Shibata won the title was so good, just a total one-sided shellacking.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Things just keep looking up and up for the bogo tickets I got for this show. Gonna have a lot of fun pretending to care about the rules for this one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a reminder for people who arent familiar with Pure Rules

- you only get 3 rope breaks in a pure rules match. after you use all 3 rope breaks they no longer can be used to break up a pin or submission attempt.
- 20 count instead of 10 count outside.
- if you perform a foul such as a closed handed punch or other illegal attacks, you will be penalized one rope break. if you have no rope breaks left and commit a foul, you are DQ'd.
- the champion can lose the championship on a DQ or CO.
-15-20 minute time limit, announced at the start of the match. if they reach it, they go to a panel of judges to determine a winner.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If Tony has been reading this thread and Yuta puts the ref in the corner then kicks Shibata in the balls for the win I'll be FUMING M8

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Just once I wish Tony would ask me to be a judge.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

God the match where Shibata just pasted Yuta for ten minutes straight was so drat good

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Alan_Shore posted:

I'm way more interested in MJF/Joe. I'm just so very tired of a heel having his minions interfere in his match so he can win with a nutshot. Show me Joe just killing people, that's the good poo poo.

mjf won when his minionfriend gave him the ring to cheat with after trying to cheat for him multiple times

mjf wins like 80% of his matches with the dynamite diamond ring, even as a face

i think maybe u just kinda dont like jay white like i just kinda dont like mjf, its ok to just kinda not like something

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'd think I'd much rather the ROH TV title was part of the triple crown than ROH World.

Maybe, I don't know, Stoke nixes Eddie's belt but says he can do whatever he wants with the Strong one, then puts in the TV belt because Joe just vacated it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

This will obviously be very good, but don’t know why they’re taking this detour from Wheeler/Hook I thought we were getting on the Pape and then didn’t get at all.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

shiksa posted:

mjf won when his minionfriend gave him the ring to cheat with after trying to cheat for him multiple times

mjf wins like 80% of his matches with the dynamite diamond ring, even as a face

i think maybe u just kinda dont like jay white like i just kinda dont like mjf, its ok to just kinda not like something

It's not like I dislike Jay, he's clearly amazing in the ring, and I enjoy the Gang Gang Bang, it's just I really think AEW has overused the ref in the corner/ nutshot/ pin situation. I think If Jay has cheated another way I wouldn't be so down (plus also he was guaranteed to win)

Crimson Chin
Aug 16, 2005

mister happy turtle is a happy turtle
We got a seat map and price list yet for All In this year?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Crimson Chin posted:

We got a seat map and price list yet for All In this year?

Only this, I believe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I knew Rampage and Collision were on the same night this week but I thought it was Friday, not Saturday :negative:

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1728180825261305885

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lazy boys

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kinda weird they just stopped rather than having some kind of finale.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

no big loss, stopped watching a while ago

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think they've drastically failed to take into account the #1 metric all businesses should consider when it comes to making decisions like this: how does it affect ME, Jerusalem?

:smith:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They got embarrassed after it became it's best version without any of the elite in it

Crimson Chin
Aug 16, 2005

mister happy turtle is a happy turtle

Kennel posted:

Only this, I believe

Ah so the ramp has moved. It was north side last time.

I had a diagonal view last time and want a side on view this year, however the poor fuckers opposite the ramp side had the giant boom camera blocking their view on and off. Really want to avoid that.

I'm guessing hard cam facing side will be the North stands this year, so I'll take a punt at those seats and hope I guess correctly.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

This will obviously be very good, but don’t know why they’re taking this detour from Wheeler/Hook I thought we were getting on the Pape and then didn’t get at all.

I don’t think Yuta wins, but if he does then you can do Hook/Yuta title for title and either move the FTW belt for some reason or put a real belt on Hook and get him having some longer and more interesting matches in ROH for a bit.

Seems like they ran out of ideas in the past year or so, and it was probably more stress/annoying than fun anymore. Follows suit with Ethan and Sammy both dropping their regular vlogging, though I think Sammy ended up starting again after a while?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Very, very tangential, but this reminds me of a wonderful moment in one of the Toy Hunt Vlogs where Brody King takes Ethan aside and quietly demands to know why he's only brought jobbers with him on the Hunt today :allears:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Maybe they’re gonna lean in on being serious mean heels so they don’t wanna do the weekly comedy vlogging

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

They quoted Brandon Cutler's joke tweet.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Please respect the Bucks' privacy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Bucks can respect my nutssssssssssssssssssss

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t think Yuta wins, but if he does then you can do Hook/Yuta title for title and either move the FTW belt for some reason or put a real belt on Hook and get him having some longer and more interesting matches in ROH for a bit.

Seems like they ran out of ideas in the past year or so, and it was probably more stress/annoying than fun anymore. Follows suit with Ethan and Sammy both dropping their regular vlogging, though I think Sammy ended up starting again after a while?

Sammy took a break, started again, and then stopped when he got hurt. I assume it will start up again when he can travel regularly.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Here’s a presale code if anyone wants one

O0TBBO7Z

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kennel posted:

Only this, I believe

looks like its prolly being set up for about 50k

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Pre sale code

O0420D1X

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Set up for 50k and room to expand beyond if sales support it.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
The end of BTE is a loss to the wrestling world.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Alan_Shore posted:

It's not like I dislike Jay, he's clearly amazing in the ring, and I enjoy the Gang Gang Bang, it's just I really think AEW has overused the ref in the corner/ nutshot/ pin situation. I think If Jay has cheated another way I wouldn't be so down (plus also he was guaranteed to win)
The thing with Jay used to be that he was just really good, but he was an insufferable prick about it. Heels don't really do that in American wrestling though, and it's too bad.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

STONE COLD 64 posted:

40k at best

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bonk posted:

The thing with Jay used to be that he was just really good, but he was an insufferable prick about it. Heels don't really do that in American wrestling though, and it's too bad.

Used to love when he was one of the best counter wrestlers in the world because he actually studied his opponents ahead of time to be able to reverse their signature spots, the absolute bastard

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Bonk posted:

like mjf?

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i was really disappointed that mjf never went for the sportsmanship handshake bit so jay could thumb his eye first

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Bonk posted:

I mean gedo interfering was a HUGE part of his matches for a long time in njpw, and I think a lot of us had issues with that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Jay‘s cheating ways completely failing to work in the biggest matches and him having breakdowns about it were one of the best things about Jay’s NJPW run.