Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
how tf are you guys surprised you are seeing piles of open racism and poo poo on the open racism website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

how tf are you guys surprised you are seeing piles of open racism and poo poo on the open racism website

Fair enough

Still shocks me I guess I'm not used to it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Willatron posted:

Didn't it turn out that guy who stabbed kids had been an Irish citizen for 20 years?

They don't care how long you've been a citizen. For them that's an argument for why immigrants are never safe to bring into your country because they could be fine for twenty years and then attack. They think it is inherent to any non-white person. Even if you were born there and the last immigrant was two generations removed, they want you gone.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

sir doge of the coin

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Can someone with a twitter account ask Elon for like the FBI crime stats or whatever backing up that graph

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

poisonpill posted:

Can someone with a twitter account ask Elon for like the FBI crime stats or whatever backing up that graph
lmao please do not ask Elon Musk to post FBI crime statistics and how despite only being 13% of the population…

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
twitters for lovely drive by hot takes of idiocy now.
its completely meaningless trying to counter the firehose of bewildering shite. so just mock people.
E: like, at least here we are capable of admitting fault or changing peoples points of view.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

no we aren't

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Yes we are.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
mayb

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ghostlight posted:

no we aren't

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

i'd like to propose a compromise: we are, but most of us are REALLY bad at it

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I've thought about it and you're right. We can't admit we were wrong. I'm sorry for doubting you.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I could theoretically admit I was wrong but I wouldn’t know until it comes up

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
We live in a better world now that nobody is ever wrong about anything.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Imagine reading this psychotic post about a Tom Hanks-themed Thanksgiving party

and deciding to make this reply
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1728104530485850176

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I wholeheartedly agree the Hanksgiving party is repulsive

Because it's not Hank Hill themed

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
so what did elon do for thanksgiving?

i couldn't check as i was busy spending time with my loved ones

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

smoobles posted:

2 minute video of Tesla fanboy bragging about his Model 3's self driving, while the Model 3 tries to violently kill him and his passenger

https://twitter.com/elaifresh/status/1727889381309239731?t=xOHOkLSql0ym0K0ayVnZ4g&s=19

Oh to be a child again. A few friends, a couple of cartons of eggs, and endless afternoons of fun trying to nail the camera on passing Teslas.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Needing to "check the cameras" insinuates that they would still allow you to activate FSD even if the lenses got scuffed up and couldn't see. This is worse.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Foo Diddley posted:

so what did elon do for thanksgiving?

i couldn't check as i was busy spending time with my loved ones

He posted Nazi poo poo on Twitter while one of his aides looked after the children he recently kidnapped.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Question about the cameras: In winter, there is often a lot of dirt and ice and crud that collects on the lower half of your vehicle; won't this block the cameras?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Not if it's made by Tesla

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

redshirt posted:

Question about the cameras: In winter, there is often a lot of dirt and ice and crud that collects on the lower half of your vehicle; won't this block the cameras?

Look just don’t worry about it, it’s fine okay. It’s all gonna be just fine. Sssh, hush now

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

redshirt posted:

Wont the first impact knock the snow off?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
California doesnt have winter so why would musk or his CA engineers care about that?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

explosivo posted:

This is terrifying

In the middle of the day , good weather, clearly marked streets

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that stop sign came out of nowhere. if youre a camera mounted at waist height

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

redshirt posted:

you won't care

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

redshirt posted:

If I don’t get my car washed regularly it will happily inform me that the front sensor cameras for ACC and auto braking can’t see poo poo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Piell posted:

pfffahahaa when did this poo poo for brains last look at a mirror

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

If I don’t get my car washed regularly it will happily inform me that the front sensor cameras for ACC and auto braking can’t see poo poo

woke mind virus at work

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

smoobles posted:

2 minute video of Tesla fanboy bragging about his Model 3's self driving, while the Model 3 tries to violently kill him and his passenger

https://twitter.com/elaifresh/status/1727889381309239731?t=xOHOkLSql0ym0K0ayVnZ4g&s=19

This is significantly more stressful than driving.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

drat so your car pesters you for a car wash?

No thanks.

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

Piell posted:

This misconception never ceases to irritate the hell out of me: if an SSRI is “zombifying” you, then it’s not working right and it’s time to try a different med or switch to another mode of treatment. They’re not supposed to have that effect.

Being willfully ignorant about mental health is a sign you’ve reached full conservative-crank status. It’s just a cheap way to victim blame an entire loving generation of people and lord over those you perceive as “lesser than.”

Also the irony of a dude who looks like this

insulting anyone else’s appearance is pure comedic delight.

tehslime fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 25, 2023

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
knowing musk,he probably got the shittiest len thats cant resist any scratching, condensation, and a bunch of other outdoor stuff.

hell dont some tesla bros defend their windshield cracking during the very normal winter thing of using the defroster?

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
Does anyon else think that Elon has a really punchable face? He always looks so smug that I just want to push him down some stairs.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
huh, i wonder why the right wing is so anxious to keep their members from getting mental health care

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Piell posted:

Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
IIRC Tesla/Musk change parts during production all the time, so there's a good chance that the :airquote: self-driving :airquote: software has to work with some lovely camera interface software to manage the very slightly differences between 3+ camera models.

So yeah maybe that stuff works in the lab, because they keep rewriting the code for that specific unit, but if you're Tesla is too old (or too new) than its SOL and wants to murder children.