Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

And C) you are gambling two perks out of four on being able to roll the survivors in the endgame. If you're using 50% of your perks for that, you should at least have a good chance of doing it, especially when most of the survivors will just be able to (as you say) loving LEAVE. Yeah it would wreck teams who try to force a 1K/2K into a zero kill, but that's kinda their own fault. Just loving leave!
JUST WALK OUT

you can leave!!!

hooked teammates
event thing
injured folk
glyph
deep wounds
other gate door
people tbaggi
too fancy item chest
p100 nurse if your quick
swf friends

IF IT SUCKS OPEN DA GATE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I cannot get over how stupid this nerf to batteries not included is.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Pants Donkey posted:

JUST WALK OUT

you can leave!!!

hooked teammates
event thing
injured folk
glyph
deep wounds
other gate door
people tbaggi
too fancy item chest
p100 nurse if your quick
swf friends

IF IT SUCKS OPEN DA GATE

Put this in the OP

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I stopped playing when I finished the event, but have been logging in for rewards and codes, I've got a smidge over 3 million BPs ready to go when Chucky drops heh.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Put this in the OP

okay

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Mr. Maggy fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 22, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:five:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

can we make the thread title an image please

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
:frogout:

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Just had my first cheating accusation. Survivors were saying my traps were camoed on RPD despite not having the add-on for it. Which sounds fairly reasonable as far as accusations go, probably some weird graphical issue. One guy said I got a 10% haste buff in my first chase though. Which I was like, "I unno, bloodlust? Or is that the one where I caught you with the very end of a lunge?" then the server for chat went down, so.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
So after some mulling, I have decided to run a Lethal Pursuer/Nowhere to Hide/No One Escape Death/Awakened Awareness on Mastermind so that I always knows where people are in the Gens phase and I oneshot them when the Collapse is happening. So far, a good few games varying from 0 kills to a full party. Can't do full SWF team correctly yet but I'm getting there I think.

Also note to self, try to use the Dash if a survivor is already hurt to avoid revealing NOED so that the surprise will still hurt.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

L.U.I.G.I posted:

So after some mulling, I have decided to run a Lethal Pursuer/Nowhere to Hide/No One Escape Death/Awakened Awareness on Mastermind so that I always knows where people are in the Gens phase and I oneshot them when the Collapse is happening. So far, a good few games varying from 0 kills to a full party. Can't do full SWF team correctly yet but I'm getting there I think.

Also note to self, try to use the Dash if a survivor is already hurt to avoid revealing NOED so that the surprise will still hurt.

LP/NTH/Brutal Strength/Pop is one of my favorite generic builds. I sometimes throw Thwack! in there somewhere as well if I'm feeling spicy, just to annoy people trying to blind me at pallets.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Relyssa posted:

LP/NTH/Brutal Strength/Pop is one of my favorite generic builds. I sometimes throw Thwack! in there somewhere as well if I'm feeling spicy, just to annoy people trying to blind me at pallets.

Sound pretty good but I don't have Clown and I don't have the shard so I'll proably stay with that for a while. Or buy the Scourge Hook in the Shrine of Secret

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1CHgWiPvUQ

Sometimes I like to play Insidious with Doctor. If you stand still sometimes Survivors will mistake you for yet another figment of their imagination.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I'm excited for the TCM patch.

The game crashes if you change your resolution.

IDK what's wrong with me, it's just a fun game and I hope the wholesome people continue to outnumber the toxic.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

oh my god

Relyssa I hope I didn't come across as actually demanding that. I'm not like some thread OP baron, it's your baby now

that said, this might be an even better contribution to the OP

Lonjon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1CHgWiPvUQ

Sometimes I like to play Insidious with Doctor. If you stand still sometimes Survivors will mistake you for yet another figment of their imagination.
That endgame chat is adorable :3:

Undetectable Doctor is mean! One of my most memorable matches was a Doctor with Tinkerer on Midwich. I was in the corner by the bathrooms on the first floor and he came up behind me and I swear to god he startled me worse than half my Myers games. Doctor is TALL and SCARY and it is loving upsetting when The Guy Who Giggles With The Big Hehe Funny Terror Radius, Who You Expect To Know Where He Is At All Times is suddenly right loving there and dead silent. Real horror game poo poo.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

curiousTerminal posted:

I get hook camped all the time and I am at "max" MMR (ive gone against several onetrick triple digit winstreak streamers). This isn't a brag - I don't think I'm all that good at survivor, it's just that the softcap is much, much lower than you may think.

So with the MMR change that's restricted it, I'm here with an update:

After a pretty much complete solid week and a half at 5 to 8 survivor games a day, my MMR has equalized out.
For the last 9 to 11 days I have gone against nothing below B tier killers, killers running the best perks, or killers who play "mean" to win every time. This is in a SWF of 2 to 3, with once a week having a 4th. We don't run full meta perks (though we usually each have one that's good or counters something unfun) and we tend not to bring OP items, though we do try our best in every trial. Unless an archive basically demands it, no throwing the game.

We escaped consistently for the first time in two weeks today. Before this we died (Save for hatch) basically every game.

The MMR change they recently did made games loving HELL unfun burnout inducing monsters for a while, since my escape rate was inflated from inaccurate matchmaking.
Conversely? I had the most fun with this game in a while tonight because I felt like my actions mattered: baiting pallets worked, Decisive Strike was a decent perk to take to deter tunneling, knowing the map layouts and using tiles to my advantage paid out by allowing me to run longer (at one point we went against Bubba on Garden of Joy, and he had me dead to rights, but he bamboozled a TL that was against an outer map wall, TOWARD said wall, which gave me time to run to an area with more safety than a single, bad window. I only got there because I saw him vault the window in the wrong direction)
My friends and I waited multiple minutes for matches every single time tonight, which is bad yeah, but I think, now that I've equalized toward people of my skill, that my games are more fun, which means I'm less likely to quit sooner from a bad string of games.
They could probably afford to open up MMR by about 10% or so to get queue times down, but I think gameplay wise it's at a good spot right now.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

oh my god

Relyssa I hope I didn't come across as actually demanding that. I'm not like some thread OP baron, it's your baby now

that said, this might be an even better contribution to the OP

It's totally fine, I was certainly entertained enough to add it to the OP. You've also contributed enough to it that I'm more than happy to listen to suggestions from you on stuff to add or change or whatever.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sokani posted:

I'm excited for the TCM patch.

The game crashes if you change your resolution.

IDK what's wrong with me, it's just a fun game and I hope the wholesome people continue to outnumber the toxic.

It really is a fun game when the players allow it to be

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Chucky tomorrow, yeah?

Might be the first killer I buy at launch since... uhh... Pinhead?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The only speed perks I want to see are Crawling Speed+ perks

Come on Behavioral I need to win these slug races

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Midnight Techwear is back let's fuckin go

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I watched Child's Play for the first time in preparation for this and gotta say I didn't expect "voodoo-wielding serial killer with soul-transferring lightning powers" to be Chucky's origin story.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

I watched Child's Play for the first time in preparation for this and gotta say I didn't expect "voodoo-wielding serial killer with soul-transferring lightning powers" to be Chucky's origin story.

Oh man that poo poo was TERRIFYING as a kid. Before Chucky got to be "funny" he was legit scary in the original movie. When the mom is shaking him trying to make him reveal himself and finally "YOU STUPID BITCH", man I poo poo my pants. Still some fantastic effects, 35 years later. Also I'm old.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Medullah posted:

Oh man that poo poo was TERRIFYING as a kid. Before Chucky got to be "funny" he was legit scary in the original movie. When the mom is shaking him trying to make him reveal himself and finally "YOU STUPID BITCH", man I poo poo my pants. Still some fantastic effects, 35 years later. Also I'm old.

Yeah the puppetry was really impressive in how they did small details. The part where the batteries fall out of the box and the dawning horror of the mother was a great scene. The son had a few too many lines for his age imo but at the same time it just made me go "if you hurt this baby I will find a physical copy of this tape and burn it".

I did like the mom a lot, she's in disbelief up until the instant that she realizes Chucky is alive and then there's no hesitation, it's pedal to the floor to destroy this toy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cosmetics for Chucky.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Okay fine I'm maining Jennifer Tilly unless they pull a Singularity and make the character a living migraine to use

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

Okay fine I'm maining Jennifer Tilly unless they pull a Singularity and make the character a living migraine to use

Right now he's lining up to be A tier, possibly S tier. Some minor nerfs from the PTB but overall he's going to be very, very good.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

Cosmetics for Chucky.

No half-melted version from the end of the original? Shame. Irrelevant though, I guess, because

DeathChicken posted:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rydiafan posted:

No half-melted version from the end of the original? Shame. Irrelevant though, I guess, because

Apparently they only have rights to Child's Play 2, 3 and one of the later ones. CP1 is owned by someone else.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Oh yeah, that makes sense. It's the same reason only the first movie is on Max.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

ChickenHeart posted:

The only speed perks I want to see are Crawling Speed+ perks

Come on Behavioral I need to win these slug races

Tenacity?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Remember how I was keeping track of killers encountered as a survivor? I was also tracking maps. There's several Stats Altering Factors here, but here's my overall results from Xeno Release (7.2.0) to Chucky Release (7.3.3)

There are several things I wanna note here:

First: I am in North America (east coast) and was at softcap MMR until their change recently (now I suspect I'm somewhere in the middle) playing past 7PM most days. These stats should reflect the English speaking, night owl DBD community for the most part, with some regional variance (i encountered about half of these Blights when my English friend was hosting the party)
Maps were tracked across killer and survivor, killers were only tracked on survivor because my personal preferences would skew results WILDLY otherwise.

For the maps
For the final week of playtime, map RNG was altered to boost several of them. Additionally, Borgo, Nostromo, and Hawkins got boosted due to new release, rework, or Triumphant Return. the MacMillan realm also got 5 variations (one for each map) which were tracked under the regular, normal map (they'll be separated next time) and there's currently a community choice map RNG tweak in effect.
For the killers:
Trapper got buffed AND a new, unique skin with voice lines and a special mori, so he is boosted here. Xenomorph was bugged in her favor on release (and after nerfed slightly) so she's a bit boosted from her very hyped release and Powerful state.
Skulll Merchant got a rework, which spiked her encounter rate immediately prior and afterward.
Demogorgon was made available to new players for the first time in nearly 2 years to the day, so he enjoyed a minor spike himself (as did Steve and Nancy I think, but I don't track survivor choice)

All that aside, here's what I can draw from this data:
MFT was absolutely influencing killer encounters. In comparison to my previous data, from before/right after Singu release, M1 killers have dropped like a drat rock. Huntress, Blight, and other ranged/antiloop killers have seen a relative bump in popularity, given the hardcore looping meta survivors are in. Instadown killers are typically harder to use and need to fall back on M1 Fundamentals, so they haven't seen much of a bump, but they also didn't fall too far.
Nobody likes Red Forest or Toba Landing. Every other realm had some kind of offering, even if it was overwhelmingly one sided (like badham or macmillan) but these were never, ever used.
Wesker remains the most popular killer, with Nemesis not that far behind. Resident Evil is a draw, and Wesker being easy to use certainly helps.
Somehow I went to Badham like a third the rate of the other 5 map realms. I don't know what that's about, because map rate seems to be independent of realm, but I'm not complaining because I hate Badham.
If you run by numbers only, I am a "survivor main". I played survivor 54% of the time over this data collection, which technically means I play survivor more than killer, which means I'm a survivor main. except also I enjoy m1, kinda weak killers mostly so I tended to do dailies and obvious choice archive games after my SWF got off for the night, it'd likely be 60% or so otherwise.
I just find the general alteration of basic looping mechanics to be unfun and frustrating, so I've simply not played killer as much for the hell of it these last few months.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Thank you for sharing these! Love seeing stats, especially for a game like this. Twins at zero is so unsurprising but it still hurts. Also not surprised to see that map offerings were overwhelmingly a survivor used thing in general.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Really surprised to see Trapper so high on the rankings! That's cool data!

e: oh yeah, the special skin. That makes sense.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
I wish to point out that you have a divided by zero error in Red Forest and Dvarka Deepwood.

Also, WESKER TIME BABY! WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WESKERS MAIN RISE UP! WE ARE SO BACK! (We have never been down but shush, I just like his glasses.)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I hate that Wesker is so popular because I was psyched to make him my main but my hipster killer mentality prevented me from doing that because I didn't want to do what everyone else does.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Medullah posted:

I hate that Wesker is so popular because I was psyched to make him my main but my hipster killer mentality prevented me from doing that because I didn't want to do what everyone else does.

Offers closed bear trap, grunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I always find myself gravitating back to Legion, not because they're good or anything but because their default gimmick is to reduce everyone to one health state and I've always hated that hitting a survivor for the first time in this game gives you all sorts of cheap bonuses. To the degree survivors will run right into you knowing that getting hit once is to their benefit

Of course MFT kind of hosed *that* plan too but well, at least that problem is going away