Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

What games should I buy in the steam sale. DOS2 is an obvious choice since I enjoyed BG3. I already own Yakuza 0.

the thread recs I saw were sleeping dogs and prey for like $15 total with all the dlc or about $7 without. I got both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I'm enjoying Supplice.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
If you don't have Dark Souls 3 yet, you always want to check how much it and the season pass for the DLCs are on sale for. They never reduced the price of the DLCs or did a special re-release with the DLCs included like DS1 and DS2 have, and $25.00 is really pushing how much those DLCs are worth for the amount of content in them.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

What games should I buy in the steam sale. DOS2 is an obvious choice since I enjoyed BG3. I already own Yakuza 0.

Good news, they made eight more games after Yakuza 0

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Like a dragon Gaiden and the rest of the series is on gamepass. I spent Thanksgiving playing mahjong and koi koi

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mahjong ftw

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

Like a dragon Gaiden and the rest of the series is on gamepass. I spent Thanksgiving playing mahjong and koi koi
Get you some original Nintendo hardware for next year.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/33382267887...emis&media=COPY

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I'm really enjoying the IK PvP happening rn in the Trumt thread with a livestream beamed straight to LC.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Nyan Bread posted:

I'm really enjoying the IK PvP happening rn in the Trumt thread with a livestream beamed straight to LC.

you might think this is a joke but the trump thread is very mad at hootington for real and wants to kill him

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Lol at a bunch of the probe reasons just correctly spelling his name though

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ilmucche posted:

Lol at a bunch of the probe reasons just correctly spelling his name though

I thought that was verboten in the TPMUR thread.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
confession i haven't played a yakuza game
which one's best to start

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

FirstnameLastname posted:

yakuza 0

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Play Yakuza 0 and become a fan of the series or lead a sad life. Those are your options.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

This

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

FirstnameLastname posted:

same, none in the series, and feel sorta ashamed

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Im moving to a new city this week and need to find a job, I’m tempted to start yakuza 0 at the same time and just see how far into the series I make it before someone hires me.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Crystal Lake Witch posted:

Im moving to a new city this week and need to find a job, I’m tempted to start yakuza 0 at the same time and just see how far into the series I make it before someone hires me.

you're gonna turn around at yakuza five with no jobs applied to and realize the error of your ways.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

That or I’ll find a job that I’m immediately fired from because I won’t shut about my plan to increase productivity by hiring a chicken to run the place for me

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Grassy Knowles posted:

you're gonna turn around at yakuza five with no jobs applied to and realize the error of your ways.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Crystal Lake Witch posted:

hey that's how I made it though the persona series (3-5 plus some spinoffs) in a scant few months

can recommend

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

B33rChiller posted:

Get you some original Nintendo hardware for next year.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/33382267887...emis&media=COPY

A few years ago when Nintendo's reward program had physical rewards, one of the things I got was a pack of hanafuda cards like this

I should probably learn to play...

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I tried playing Spiritfarer with my now-ex-girlfriend, who has never really gamed

She kinda got into it because she's a nurse, and she went "oh so this game is basically pallative end-of-care for these people" and I agreed, because frankly she was right

Then she actually went "Gwen is my spirit animal", which given their respective personalities made sense

and then we broke up before we got to the point in the game where you take Gwen to the Everdoor and lose her for good

that's my dumb gaming story that I will now undoubtedly get absolutely rinsed for

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
bummer

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

If you're wondering "does she know what happens to Gwen", then the answer is "no I haven't shown her", but then that boils down to "how much of a dick do I want to be by showing her a gameplay video"

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Happy Black Friday to all of you who celebrate it

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Nyan Bread posted:

The second phase of Operation: Trumpsgiving has started

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

These holiday specials are getting weirder.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

does it end with their garbage thread being moved to cccc where it belongs

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Autisanal Cheese posted:

does it end with their garbage thread being moved to cccc where it belongs

I don't know. I never got that far into Revelations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

lol just noticed they gave hasta siempre smarxist IK powers in the c-spam feedback thread

what a hilariously psychotic subforum

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Kazinsal posted:

lol just noticed they gave hasta siempre smarxist IK powers in the c-spam feedback thread

pretty sure jeffrey did that

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

cspam just seems like an exhausting place to post.

anyhow, hope everyone is enjoying the first few days of kiryustmas

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

Is that so smarxist can prove anyone who posts the comic? Because everyone should always find an excuse to post it at them

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

probably because it's funny and because previous ik shenanigans seem to have breached the Don't Wake Daddy rule

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I'll prove anyone who posts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

probably because it's funny and because previous ik shenanigans seem to have breached the Don't Wake Daddy rule

its because the cspam feedback thread is jeffrey's favorite thread on the forum

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Kazinsal posted:

NoiseAnnoys posted:

cspam just seems like an exhausting place to post.

anyhow, hope everyone is enjoying the first few days of kiryustmas

ilmucche posted:

Is that so smarxist can prove anyone who posts the comic? Because everyone should always find an excuse to post it at them

It is the 2nd part of the holiday jape. Stop being so self serious.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

It is the 2nd part of the holiday jape. Stop being so self serious.

I really like that comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

ilmucche posted:

I really like that comic

I want the wallscroll