Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Did anyone have "Dylan Strome becomes a fan favourite in Washington" in their preseason predictions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
First time watching a Bruins game this year and Jack Edwards was struggling to keep up with the play, slurring words etc. If it’s a health issue it’s pretty wild that they’re still letting him call games because that was tough to listen to

https://youtu.be/Kz1BgMnnJgA?si=nk5mFOMU4InADOWH

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

buncha cowards

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

The Dirty Burger posted:

First time watching a Bruins game this year and Jack Edwards was struggling to keep up with the play, slurring words etc. If it’s a health issue it’s pretty wild that they’re still letting him call games because that was tough to listen to

I live in the Boston RSN area and have to catch a few Bruins games on NESN when watching my own team due to blackouts, and this has been an issue for a couple of years now. Unfortunate for the guy if it's gotten worse lately; wouldn't want to wish ill on him as a person even though he is a partisan hack of an announcer.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

grats to Jason Dickinson for what surely must be the first of many NHL hat tricks.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Edwards had a stroke or something I think. Some kind of health issue for sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edwards always had difficulty pronouncing names, but the slurring and slower, deliberate speaking pace he sometimes falls into came about so suddenly it has to be something medical.

Whatever it is, it hasn't been addressed. Not even to like a no comment degree, nobody in the org has mentioned it at all.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Is ThinkTank okay? Does anyone know?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

pseudodragon posted:

It'd have to be pretty early in the season. There's some Bourque/Coffey years where they were both pretty high scoring. Unless I missed someone, the most points for a second highest scoring defenceman was Bourque with 96 in 83-84 to Coffey's 126. But unless Wayne twisted an ankle on opening night or something, Coffey was probably never the highest scoring on his team even for a day.
It doesn't help that when he left Edmonton....he went to Pittsburgh, who had the only player on Wayne's level, so he was still gonna be #2

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
https://twitter.com/peter_baugh/status/1728198776731603445?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

poor Sammy. hope he gets well

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is ThinkTank okay? Does anyone know?

Yeah I'm actually a little worried. Has he posted elsewhere?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The Dirty Burger posted:

He sounds drunk and/or at half speed, which isn't him.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

mcmagic posted:

Lindy is gonna get fired isn't he...........

nah just need to give him time to turn it around. can't fire a coach who led his team to the 2nd round just last year!

e: lol at Deslauriers trying to start poo poo with Trouba and Trouba just ignores him and trucks another Flyer

https://twitter.com/JLazzy23/status/1728115881849307168

Levitate fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 25, 2023

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Edwards always had difficulty pronouncing names, but the slurring and slower, deliberate speaking pace he sometimes falls into came about so suddenly it has to be something medical.

Whatever it is, it hasn't been addressed. Not even to like a no comment degree, nobody in the org has mentioned it at all.

Seems like maybe they're trying to keep him around as long as possible because its gonna suck real bad for him if he's forced to retire due to whatever it is. IDK if that's a kindness or not cause its really obvious something is up and putting it on display every game feels bad.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

Yeah I'm actually a little worried. Has he posted elsewhere?

No. His last post was in a GDT a month ago. He's been one of the most active posters in SAS for years so his abrupt disappearance has me kinda concerned also

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

iirc before TT left the sas nhl discord he had made some posts about being too online and wanting to take a step back from it all so hopefully he's just enjoying some time not being on the god dang internet

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

No. His last post was in a GDT a month ago. He's been one of the most active posters in SAS for years so his abrupt disappearance has me kinda concerned also

Hopefully he is ok for sure. I will say I think ? He has seemed to be gradually moving towards just disconnecting more online. Hopefully that’s all it is.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Fire Sullivan

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I heard think tank moved to Spain

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I was in the shower during the third period, did the Sabres lose?

But seriously, they haven’t been able to pull off a comeback like that yet this year. Girgensens got injured and didn’t come back for the third and suddenly the Sabres offense took off. Coincidence? Idk he’s been awful, and this is coming from someone who has defended him for years. The injuries are hopefully going to force the Sabres to call up someone good???

Edit: UPL is very good, he had another great game. Both Penguins goals came on ridiculous turnovers directly in front of the net. How many great performances does he have to have before they will declare him #1?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm fine but thanks for your concern. Go Canucks.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Fleury wore the mask for warmups, get hosed NHL.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

Go Canucks.

A cry for help if I’ve ever seen one

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Schremp Howard posted:

hell yea

ThinkTank posted:

yooo that's cool to hear. Enjoy less internet.

hopefully hand knit hasn't become his avatar as well

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I knew thinktank was still reading all of our excellent and perfect posts

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Schremp Howard posted:

Good for MAF.

"Hockey is for everyone, but any expressions of minority culture must be fully sanctioned and approved." -The NHL

:hai: Good luck buddy.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Ginette Reno posted:

Fire Sullivan

But did they win the expected goals battle?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Went to the Caps game today and they got slaughtered but it was fun to see McDavid go wild

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ThinkTank posted:

speak of the ThinkTank and he shall appear

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Good to know you're good, enjoy your time off :cheers:

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

let the record show I was always serious about firing Lindy

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Experience New York Islanders Hockey

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
(1) shot:

https://twitter.com/Canes/status/1728228010179063934

chaser:

https://x.com/Canes/status/1728252038931464628?s=20

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Carolina should start to pivot away from the jerks thing as they’ve pretty much just become unlikeable

Or maybe i just don’t like them

E: it’s 6-2 now

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The Bunch of Jerks thing was cool when they were a long-suffering franchise finally finding success, but at this point they're good and it's not that amusing anymore. Fun place to watch a game though.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
i’d 8-2 be the Canes right now

got drat: https://x.com/DimFilipovic/status/1728258905510474140?s=20

Nybble fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 25, 2023

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm surprised it's taken the Canes system of "have six #2 defensemen, no offense, and no goalies" to collapse on itself

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm surprised it's taken the Canes system of "have six #2 defensemen, no offense, and no goalies" to collapse on itself

I feel like they have kept acquiring no defense offensive defensemen because “we need to replace Hamilton and need more offense and our defensive structure is so good we can shelter them!” Except now it’s not as good as it was and those guys get exposed whenever Carolina is forced to defend

But also maybe just making poo poo up because gently caress the hurricanes

E: why did they let Hamilton walk anyways? He’s not my favorite #1 type but he can actually play defense (as long as it’s not too physical) and put up lots of points

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

But did they win the expected goals battle?

They lost the game and the deservo-win-o-xpected-meter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I can't imagine Jersey and Edmonton missing the playoffs, but it'd be funny if they do.