Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I completed (I think) the entire Narzissenkreuz quest chain as it was in 4.0, but I haven't done any world quests since then. Where do I go to continue it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

I completed (I think) the entire Narzissenkreuz quest chain as it was in 4.0, but I haven't done any world quests since then. Where do I go to continue it?

Did you do the Melusine painter (Ancient Colors) and getting the kid out of the Fortress of Meropide (Unfinished Comedy) quests too? It should notify you if you've done the two of those.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
After you do the 4.0 world quests, make sure you go back to Merusea village and find the Melusine meditating under a waterfall.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Did you do the Melusine painter (Ancient Colors) and getting the kid out of the Fortress of Meropide (Unfinished Comedy) quests too? It should notify you if you've done the two of those.

Maxwell Adams posted:

After you do the 4.0 world quests, make sure you go back to Merusea village and find the Melusine meditating under a waterfall.
I haven't done Unfinished Comedy, and I hadn't spoken to that melusine either. That'll be it. Thanks.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Also, I'm sure the Youtube lore nuts have beaten me to this observation, but it's interesting that Celestia, as it's shown in-game, is semitransparent. This is most obvious at night, when you can see stars in the skybox clearly shining right through it. Unclear to me if that's a technical goof, or it's supposed to suggest that Celestia is above the sky, and the stars are being projected beneath it.

(The parallax effect kind of breaks that illusion, but never mind. I do assume that narratively, it's meant to be much bigger and higher up than it's shown in-game.)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

FractalSandwich posted:

Also, I'm sure the Youtube lore nuts have beaten me to this observation, but it's interesting that Celestia, as it's shown in-game, is semitransparent. This is most obvious at night, when you can see stars in the skybox clearly shining right through it. Unclear to me if that's a technical goof, or it's supposed to suggest that Celestia is above the sky, and the stars are being projected beneath it.

(The parallax effect kind of breaks that illusion, but never mind. I do assume that narratively, it's meant to be much bigger and higher up than it's shown in-game.)

Wait, you can see Celestia if you look up at the sky from anywhere?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Pretty much. It's sometimes obscured by mountains or clouds, but it's physically located in the unexplored zone between Fontaine and Monstadt and as long as you have a clear line of sight, there it is.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

hiddenriverninja posted:

Only, and I do want to emphasize this, in the game.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Pretty much. It's sometimes obscured by mountains or clouds, but it's physically located in the unexplored zone between Fontaine and Monstadt and as long as you have a clear line of sight, there it is.
It also interacts with the lighting, so it depends on the time of day; it can be really hard to see if the sun's at the wrong angle.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

FractalSandwich posted:

That could be a massive clue about something, or it could be a mistake. It looks transparent from the Morte region of Fontaine, but that place has a weird skybox where the sun has no lense flare and the moon is blue.

A long time ago, you could go to Stormterror's Lair around 3:30 am and watch the moon move in front of Celestia. I thought that was a really cool detail. Then sometime after Sumera was released, they fixed Celestia so the moon goes behind it, and also moved Celestia slightly south.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mailer posted:

There's something very funny to me about the traveler just rocking up to Fontaine and suddenly able to breath water and withstand pressure, but Freminet is a native and needs a dumbass helmet.
That even comes up in the current event! He can breathe water just fine like any other Fontaine vision-holder, he just started diving well before he acquired one so he feels more comfortable with the gear.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

FractalSandwich posted:

It also interacts with the lighting, so it depends on the time of day; it can be really hard to see if the sun's at the wrong angle.
Also when it's cloudy it's not visible, so it is for sure above the cloud layer.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Appreciate that Yelan moves so quickly that I was able to skip the stealth sections in the Meropide side questline by just sprinting directly past guards before their awareness bar could fill up.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Running out of time for Furifuri :(

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

archons usually rerun 4 patches after their introduction

so Furina's never getting a rerun :twisted:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Kale posted:

ZZZ CBT2 has been out nearly a day now and can't even glean any good info off of it cause the stupid poo poo piss baby internet is too busy whining about one characters boobs getting made slightly smaller even though the general detail of everything looks to have gone up based on what little people are actually sharing about it so. Cool poo poo as always.....maybe eventually people that got in that aren't annoying will actually be allowed to share more from it.

Please do not bring offsite drama about a completely different game into this thread, Kale.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

well I have a C6 Collei now

is she worth building yet?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
She always was. The only problem with Collei is she's not Nahida.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Hello thread, I am once again asking for your help.

I *thought* I'd managed to craft a good team and was able to start doing what I actually wanted, which was the main story and new worlds and stuff. I even managed to pass the Adventure domain test, which is what I was testing myself against. That was fine, been able to happily murder my way through all the various domains and open world stuff I needed no issue. So I started on the Archon story chain that was "current" when I finished.

Specifically, We Will be Reunited. Chapt1 Act IV. It went fine, murdered the Abyss Herald twice no issue, and then finally chase him down BACK into the depths again where he's got a fire and ice sage and suddenly I'm just insta dead? Resurect and go again, and all my party members are on 25% health and just instantly die from incidental damage before I can even get a round of skills off, let alone bursts.

I'm very confused. What the hell is happening here. Its actually kind of frustrating because I *thought* I was coming to grips back with the combat system and how I needed to kill things.

I'm using Keqing/ Dendro Traveler / Fischl / Jean

https://enka.network/u/704773562/

Is this a "Lol your aftifacts sucks" moment? Half the recomended sets I just don't even have unlocked.

My "goal" after this, was to start on the story zone thats Dendro based, as I figured it would get me the Dendro Traveler constellations as well as the various mats I need to up her talents, and at that point I'd have a good enough team to just slowly make my way through several years worth of content.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The only character with decent-level artifacts is Keq, at least get your others to +12 or +16 too. You get something like 80% of the xp back when you burn them in the future while leveling better artifacts, so it's not really a waste and will help with survivability+damage.

Level Fischl's skill as much as you can, since it's where most of her damage comes from, and get stringless to 80/80.

You will likely want a hydro unit for the fire sage, Barbara is an easy swap-in for Jean, since she also heals, and everyone gets her for free.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Elemental shield enemies are some of the most annoying in the game since they pretty much force a certain element against them (hydro for pyro shields, pyro for cryo shields, etc). The Water Mages were like the most irritating for the first two years because nothing was particularly effective against their shields, but thankfully now dendro deletes them pretty quick.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

IllusionistTrixie posted:

I think the fight you're having trouble with is 3 abyss mages - pyro, hydro and cryo - and a hydro abyss herald?

Your artifacts etc look generally fine to me for the purpose of doing story content, altho there's obviously tons of room for improvement. I think an electro heavy composition it quite awkward for that particular fight, but we can work around that.

That could definitely be a pretty rough fight, the pyro mage's attacks specifically are going to deal a lot of damage, especially if you're affected by any of the other elements in the fight. And the cryo mage is obviously capable of freezing you if you're wet so you can't dodge.

The key is really going to be breaking all of the abyss mages shields as fast as possible. That will stop them attacking for a short period in which you should be able to kill them pretty easily.

In your party you have dendro which is strong against hydro shields, but don't have the best answers to pyro shields (weak to hydro) or cryo shields (weak to pyro). However the fight is set up so you should be able to swirl all the mages shields against each other, breaking them all quite quickly.

The mages will start a little bit spread out, but if you run out of their range then they will all teleport toward you and should group up quite closely. You can then use Jean's skill to swirl them. If that's too slow then you could also try switching to anemo traveller, since their skill has a low cooldown and also swirls a bit more effectively.

Electro is going to be really bad for breaking any of the shields, and also for breaking the hydro heralds shield, so I'd strongly consider benching Keqing and Fish. Dendro and Cryo are both effective vs Hydro shields, and most of the fight is going to revolve around that, rather than doing conventional damage (Shields only care about how much element you're applying, rather than how much damage you're doing, so low level and badly geared characters can still be very effective). I'd suggest bringing your Ganyu and Diona. Diona also brings extra healing and a shield which should help a lot with survival.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Oh and don't forget you can use food for buffs and healing!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

hit button posted:

Oh and don't forget you can use food for buffs and healing!

Adding to this, you get the NRE food pouch when you hit Reputation level 5 in mondstadt, which let's you quickly eat for health or revive a fallen character without going opening the inventory screen.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Adding to this, you get the NRE food pouch when you hit Reputation level 5 in mondstadt, which let's you quickly eat for health or revive a fallen character without going opening the inventory screen.

You can have 3 buffs going at once, an offensive buff, a defensive buff, and a potion that adds to your elemental damage

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Nthing the comments about elemental shields, sadly an electro team does not do well against fire/ice shields specifically. They'll be able to whittle it down eventually but it will be tough. I want to add that both jeans burst and skill will swirl those shields together and do a big chunk of damage to them, if not take them out entirely, so you can try to save her burst and drop that + skill on the mages as soon as you get them to group up.

After their shield is broken, they'll eventually start doing an annoying dance and a big aoe attack (icicle circle for cryo mage, ground eruptions for pyro mage) and then resummon the shield. You can knock them out of this attack and prevent the shield respawning with jeans skill.

Also yeah don't forget buff food and pots.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Someone out there trying to make me feel bad by setting up all of these cute, happy sea animals in groups where they're singing, sleeping, and playing together just before the concussive shockwave of my explosive jellyfish barrage liquidates all of their organs. I've hunted down every last living creature to satiate future Navia's hunger for pearls. The sea is now a cold and lifeless wasteland. I killed them all. Not just the seal men but the seal women and seal children too. The ecosystem will never recover.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I've never killed anyone. Never touched them.

Madame Crabaletta however...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm very confused. What the hell is happening here. Its actually kind of frustrating because I *thought* I was coming to grips back with the combat system and how I needed to kill things.

I'm using Keqing/ Dendro Traveler / Fischl / Jean

https://enka.network/u/704773562/

Is this a "Lol your aftifacts sucks" moment? Half the recomended sets I just don't even have unlocked.

At some point you should try and get Jean either an attack or energy recharge hourglass if you can manage it. I would keep aiming to get Keqing and Fischl some Crit rate/damage helmets. Generally you want a 1:2 ratio so, 50 crit rate:100 crit damage. 75 crit rate: 150 crit damage, etc etc.

For that fight specifically I think you should swap Jean and Traveller's swords and main Jean's skill to swirl the mages shields together to try and break them quicker and then you can just kill them normally.

Vargs posted:

Someone out there trying to make me feel bad by setting up all of these cute, happy sea animals in groups where they're singing, sleeping, and playing together just before the concussive shockwave of my explosive jellyfish barrage liquidates all of their organs. I've hunted down every last living creature to satiate future Navia's hunger for pearls. The sea is now a cold and lifeless wasteland. I killed them all. Not just the seal men but the seal women and seal children too. The ecosystem will never recover.

Well now I feel heartless feeling no guilt about doing that because they all come back in two days.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the worst part about this game is that so many bosses have attacks that just stunlock you to death

stunlock is lame asf

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Nakar posted:

Also when it's cloudy it's not visible, so it is for sure above the cloud layer.
That might be why they made it semitransparent, in fact: to make it blend into the clouds and give the impression that it hides behind them (and you're faintly seeing its shape 'through' them) even though it's physically in front of them. (This is probably a technical limitation.)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

the worst part about this game is that so many bosses have attacks that just stunlock you to death

stunlock is lame asf

Freeze is the singular reason why I never play barbara.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

On the bright side for what everyone else said about having to change up your team for this fight, eventually brute forcing Abyss Mages outside of the Spiral Abyss gets to not be that hard, and Abyss Heralds and their equivalents are pretty rare.

They are still extremely frustrating.

Edit:
Just double checked, you have a Ganyu. You might want to bring her, I'm pretty sure Cryo doesn't deal with Hydro Shields as quickly as Dendro, but Hydro Shields are vulnerable to freeze, including the Heralds.

Editedit:
Hey I just realized, that quest is before Inazuma, right? I don't think anyone suggesting electro teams, including me, really thought of this, but Inazuma has a lot of poo poo that resists electro. Also a lot of puzzles that need electro.

You might want to try running Ganyu/Mona/Healer (Jean for VV or Diona for shield and cryo resonance, Qiqi for Cryo Resonance and already leveled)/Flex (probably Fischl for puzzles + some personal damage) when you get there. I remember I used Ayaka and Mona a lot there, and Ayaka and Ganyu are basically equivalent to each other.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 25, 2023

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I got Furina friendship high enough to unlock all her story segments and there's some funny stuff in there.

Immediately after the events of the Archon quest Furina spends days idling in her new apartment in a depressive funk shes just like me fr until Clorinde eventually comes by and drags her to a party. It apparently takes Furina two (2) drinks to revert back to her original personality and start going wild.

The very first thing Furina did post-theatre after she got her vision was to run off into the wild and gently caress up a Local Legend that had embarrassed her in the past. Then she goes home and spends a day trying to better figure out how the vision works and floods her building.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Meiteron posted:

I got Furina friendship high enough to unlock all her story segments and there's some funny stuff in there.

Immediately after the events of the Archon quest Furina spends days idling in her new apartment in a depressive funk shes just like me fr until Clorinde eventually comes by and drags her to a party. It apparently takes Furina two (2) drinks to revert back to her original personality and start going wild.

The very first thing Furina did post-theatre after she got her vision was to run off into the wild and gently caress up a Local Legend that had embarrassed her in the past. Then she goes home and spends a day trying to better figure out how the vision works and floods her building.

Even better. She got hosed up by it, probably because it was one of the Hydro-immune ones. She's the best.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Captain France posted:

On the bright side for what everyone else said about having to change up your team for this fight, eventually brute forcing Abyss Mages outside of the Spiral Abyss gets to not be that hard, and Abyss Heralds and their equivalents are pretty rare.

They are still extremely frustrating.

Edit:
Just double checked, you have a Ganyu. You might want to bring her, I'm pretty sure Cryo doesn't deal with Hydro Shields as quickly as Dendro, but Hydro Shields are vulnerable to freeze, including the Heralds.

Editedit:
Hey I just realized, that quest is before Inazuma, right? I don't think anyone suggesting electro teams, including me, really thought of this, but Inazuma has a lot of poo poo that resists electro. Also a lot of puzzles that need electro.

You might want to try running Ganyu/Mona/Healer (Jean for VV or Diona for shield and cryo resonance, Qiqi for Cryo Resonance and already leveled)/Flex (probably Fischl for puzzles + some personal damage) when you get there. I remember I used Ayaka and Mona a lot there, and Ayaka and Ganyu are basically equivalent to each other.

You are spot on in that this is the follow up to Inazuma. I had mild concern about that, but figured "surely they wouldn't make the brand new Lighting zone immune to all their hot new lightning based characters they want to sell."

Thanks for the suggestion on a better overworld team.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I just discovered that my Xingqiu's been holding a Dendro goblet for god knows how long. I must have switched it with my Traveller's when I first put her on my overworld team for Fontaine. So it'll have been that way since day 1 of 4.0.

Thankfully, I haven't been doing Floor 12, so it doesn't matter. That could have been embarrassing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You are spot on in that this is the follow up to Inazuma. I had mild concern about that, but figured "surely they wouldn't make the brand new Lighting zone immune to all their hot new lightning based characters they want to sell."

Thanks for the suggestion on a better overworld team.

You could always just swap Jean or Fischl out for Mona or Barbara and let Hyperbloom (Water> Dendro> Electro> Dendro>Water>Electro) solve those problems for you. Pivot over to Sumeru to collect Dendro boosting artifacts for Traveller and go to town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I spent thirty bucks to guarantee Furina

No regrets, best character in the game