Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That's going to be one hell of a CoC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

stev posted:

Finally, someone matched Romesh and the watermelon.

drat that sounds like a high bar to match.

also still one of the best ever examples of "what is BLANK?" in one clip. a series 1, episode 1, and even task 2 1.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

This must have been one of the all-time best series of Taskmaster. The tasks themselves were maybe a bit hit-and-miss - some high highs but some low lows too - but the cast were just so good, across the board. Gonna be hard to beat this lineup.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

how we laughed

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Fantastic end to a great season. I don't think we'll get another group that so befuddles Greg and Alex.

It was good that Alex pointed out there was 2 points in it at the end because it added back in some tension taken out by me thinking Sam just had it in the bag until then.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
That hotel task is one of those ones where I wish I could just magically access some sort of nexus of Taskmaster where pretty much every contestant/team throughout Taskmaster can be chucked into any task and see how they deal with it. Wozniak and Lee Mack, the Mortimer/Kumar/Bea or the Frankie Boyle/Ivo teams for example.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I could have watched a whole episode of Taskmaster Hotel.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Susan and Sue are my favourite pairing from the show ever. I don't think we've had such a camaraderie before? The Frankie/Ivo disappointed parent pairing was really good, but the Sues were absolute gold.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Gutted that we didn't get the first 'I don't need this but I'll play along" contestant victory. I don't think someone who doesn't super give a poo poo getting this close to winning.

Fantastic series otherwise. Below S7, but drat if they haven't been on a hot streak of really solid casts. I think I've loved the last 4-5 of them at this point.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 24, 2023

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i genuinely have no idea who anyone is in the "treat" cast, but is this the first visibly disabled contestant? i was thinking about that the other day how New Year's Treat would be a great way to get someone like Chris McCausland or Rosie Jones or other panel show staples on without having to totally change the format for a season

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Eat This Glob posted:

i genuinely have no idea who anyone is in the "treat" cast, but is this the first visibly disabled contestant? i was thinking about that the other day how New Year's Treat would be a great way to get someone like Chris McCausland or Rosie Jones or other panel show staples on without having to totally change the format for a season

Johnnie Peacock (NYT II) is a paralympian.

e: or do you mean having a visual disability

Leraika fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 24, 2023

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I know Zoe Ball, and I know of Lenny Rush because he’s going to be in Doctor Who at some point. The others though??

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Deborah Meaden is a famous money haver, and is often seen in TV having (and sometimes spending) money.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
She seems at least a bit less bonkers than most rich folk, and seems genuinely likeable somewhat. I'm expecting she'll come out of it well.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
For non-UK folks, she’s one of the dragons in our shark tank.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Some Strange Flea posted:

For non-UK folks, she’s one of the dragons in our shark tank.

Dragons would comfortably win an air or land battle, but underwater would be interesting...

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the exercise task made me cry with laughter

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Leraika posted:

Johnnie Peacock (NYT II) is a paralympian.

e: or do you mean having a visual disability

Forgot about Johnnie!

And yeah, I meant had a disability that was evident to us, the viewer, visually.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

loving unhinged episode, just incredible.

Sam got carried a little bit by Greg going "dumbest thing I've ever seen, 4 points" at least once an episode, but with a cast this amazing that's fine with me. How we laughed.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Wasn't expecting Julian to make me tear up a lil but here we are.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sam should have gotten zero points for not coming up with an exercise routine.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I love how you just instantly go "oh... no" as soon as you see Lucy in a bird costume this episode. And Greg bringing it up is the cherry on top.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Sam should have gotten zero points for not coming up with an exercise routine.

Yes, if the task had been said out loud, you could finagle exorcise/exercise, but it was written down.

Eh, I just didn’t like Sam, and he never redeemed himself in my eyes.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

I just signed up for Taskmaster supermax or whatever to watch the most recent series, but it only goes up to season 12. And it doesn't have the NZ seasons.

Is that the same for everyone, or am I missing something? I thought the point was they were all there. How the gently caress else am I supposed to watch it. In Australia if that makes a difference.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I didn't mind Sam being in the lead constsntly since his approach to the tasks wasn't straigtdorward unlike Dara's and Mae's. He kept doing stuff which could have gotten him disqualified but still kept his lead, which I liked.

not a bot fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Nov 25, 2023

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wasn’t the latest UK series going up on YouTube too?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
The latest series came out on youtube a day after the UK here in Canada at least.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Bucky Fullminster posted:

I just signed up for Taskmaster supermax or whatever to watch the most recent series, but it only goes up to season 12. And it doesn't have the NZ seasons.

Is that the same for everyone, or am I missing something? I thought the point was they were all there. How the gently caress else am I supposed to watch it. In Australia if that makes a difference.

The_Doctor posted:

Wasn’t the latest UK series going up on YouTube too?

Only for some countries. :filez: remains the only reliable alternative

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Watched the finale last night, my wife reckons it was Paul 'O Grady in the urn as Julian and Paul were neighbours and close friends.

The live studio segments were filmed in May this year which was shortly after Paul 'O Grady died (March).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

I was surprised when listening to last week's podcast that Julian was so close, but knowing that I kept count in my head and was heartbroken when the ball didn't stay in the tub.

That was a terrible task though and everyone knew it. "Yeah, let's throw a ball in a tub, whatever works."

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I think it would have been better if the tub started about half full, giving enough time for everyone to do a round and then as the tub fills up it gets harder to keep a ball in.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dell_Zincht posted:

Watched the finale last night, my wife reckons it was Paul 'O Grady in the urn as Julian and Paul were neighbours and close friends.

The live studio segments were filmed in May this year which was shortly after Paul 'O Grady died (March).

Oh. That's. ... Hum. :(

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 25, 2023

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Only for some countries. :filez: remains the only reliable alternative

Wait, really? What's the point of having your own distribution platform package thing if you're still going to geo-limit your product from the people who paid for it?

Sorry to bring disgruntled vibes in. Just introduced the kids to the show with season 7. Fabulous stuff.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Wait, really? What's the point of having your own distribution platform package thing if you're still going to geo-limit your product from the people who paid for it?

Sorry to bring disgruntled vibes in. Just introduced the kids to the show with season 7. Fabulous stuff.

I can only assume that they still have to account for broadcast rights in other countries.

I’m in Finland and apparently have access to series 1-12, CoC 1, NYT 1, and episodes 5 & 6 of series 15.

MTV3 are airing repeats of Taskmaster and are currently on series 15, so maybe that’s why 13, 14 and most of 15 are missing.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

poo poo like this fully justifies piracy.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It was a nice treat to just have the current series on YouTube this year. The one day delay was… tolerable. Were the commercials very bad for people without YouTube Premium?

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Australia just sucks for international TV. We always seem to have exclusive deals locking out everything online for our region or worse, no deal but still restrictions because the copyright holder is holding out in the hopes of a future deal.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

The most recent series is up for free on Taskmaster's official YouTube channel in the U.S. and I think the same is true for the entire UK show. If that's not the case in Oz, I'm sorry. Seems cruel to ship you guys off to the south pacific and then keep you from the show. That said, a VPN should take care of your woes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

smackfu posted:

It was a nice treat to just have the current series on YouTube this year. The one day delay was… tolerable. Were the commercials very bad for people without YouTube Premium?

YouTube has commercials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

smackfu posted:

I watch on a Roku and it's almost exclusively the same three commercials that can be skipped after 5 seconds. Not bad at all. The weirdest one was a commercial I saw one time with an AI voice pretending to be the rock telling people to get Medicaid.