Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
If AEW gave a dime for every worked neck injury resulting in a feud with an Adam I'd have two dimes. At the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Didn't two dimes hurt his neck too the other day

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

They got embarrassed after it became it's best version without any of the elite in it

They kept going when Cody was the best thing on it, then when Brodie Lee was. I’m not sure why Ryan Nemeth broke them ,probably the weird walk.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

God the match where Shibata just pasted Yuta for ten minutes straight was so drat good

Yeah made even better by me working myself by trying to be too smark about it and thinking "there's NO WAY they're handing the RoH Pure title to some guy who only occasionally pops in from Japan so Yuta's gonna somehow cheat to win and it'll be fun but still a bummer" and being blown away when Shibata won. And then it turned out that he wasn't just going to pop in occasionally, but was going to hang around being incredibly handsome and cool and doing fun poo poo like cutting a promo with Google Translate and having insane matches with Orange Cassidy and other indie darlings.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

looks like its prolly being set up for about 50k

Wembley has a seated capacity of 90,000, so that setup looks more like 70k to me.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The upper decks on that end of the stadium were pretty sparse last year

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

when does aew either get a big increase in their tv deal or die?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shard posted:

When does the new season of Family Guy start? I hear that will be the true test of their ratings power

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shard posted:

Likely not until next year per Dave

quote:

“AEW’s deals with WBD expire on December 31, 2024, which does confirm a new deal reached with the company that added Collision and gave WBD exclusivity which kicked off just before Collision debuted and when the streaming Dark and Dark Elevation shows were dropped, and that new deal ends at the end of 2024.”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

At least we have one more year of non wwe wrestling to watch :unsmith:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I predict that the company will not die. I think it will at least get the same deal as it currently has.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I wonder what the AEW series finale will be like. Probably pretty cool.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
I don't think BTE is truly over but it was pretty boring for the last year so let them take a break

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The bucks have injected AEW with a lethargic dose of poison

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sandman McMahon posted:

I wonder what the AEW series finale will be like. Probably pretty cool.

Ted Turner wakes up and it was all a dream

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Shard posted:

I predict that the company will not die. I think it will at least get the same deal as it currently has.

Can’t wait for it to be renewed (FLAT) just like it’s bigger brother NXT.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I feel like the doom posting has been on the rise lately. Lots of talk about AEW dying. Are they in the red or something? Or is it just because it's not as popular anymore both here and with attendance?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

In terms of the opinion here the product in places is cool and for some the MJF run just isn't doing it so you've got people getting turned off the product and the more sports entertainment angles.

In terms of actual business? In terms of attendance they've had some weak gates for TV but have had some decent attendance and seem to be ramping up local promotion to do good walk ups. PPV is still doing okay though some of the numbers are getting a bit soft which maybe due to the increase in PPV's. And in ratings Dynamite is still doing okay especially with the decline in ratings but Collision...well it's hard to tell given the night what WBD actually wants

The Company isn't hot but it's not really cold business wise and in the end the future of the company is gonna it's next TV deal and who knows how that shakes out given TV and the state of WBD

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
No Bunny, no TV renewal.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shard posted:

I feel like the doom posting has been on the rise lately. Lots of talk about AEW dying. Are they in the red or something? Or is it just because it's not as popular anymore both here and with attendance?

it's fun to be hyperbolic

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shard posted:

People think it's funny when someone gets mad about constantly poo poo talking AEW. It's annoying when it's just "lol aew dead what do you think about that" every day from the same people multiple times a day then you get poo poo for caring so I just ignore it all at this point.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I want the final episode of Dynamite to feature Hangman vs Kenny Omega and Eddie Kingston should win the world championship. And I want Shane McMahon to buy AEW.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shard posted:

Wishful thinking on my part. The Secret.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

get outta here Ryback you big bitch go eat a big hamburger on tiktok

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The reporting is that AEW and WBD are largely on the same page when it comes to the value of AEW's TV shows, the sticking point in the negotiations is that Tony values the AEW library higher than WBD does. I suspect Tony will fold on that point which will leave AEW without hitting the $1B total deal which includes everything they offer, but they won't miss that target by much.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

aew please book the big guy

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Alaois posted:

get outta here Ryback you big bitch go eat a big hamburger on tiktok

https://youtu.be/x3Geu8px7h8?si=RQ3lBoEm7YFBYS2D

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

aew please book the big guy

ngl i'd pop

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The bucks have injected AEW with a lethargic dose of poison

Not surprised they were the ones to bring their friend Adam Cole over

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
The only people I see sincerely doompost about AEW are people that only live for posting about wrestling on twitter which I don't think is a large constituency

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, like, is everyone perfectly running a bit to not acknowledge that there hasn't been a BTE in over a month?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MorningMoon posted:

So, like, is everyone perfectly running a bit to not acknowledge that there hasn't been a BTE in over a month?

Who isn't acknowledging it. Brandon Cutler said it is dead and the Bucks need their privacy.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WBD is waiting to find out who the devil is before they negotiate a new deal to see if the “TK is washed” allegations are true

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

We've been over this. It's five Rybacks

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I know Ryback is big but saying he has Five Backs seems a little harsh.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Shard posted:

The worst posters on here think it's funny, that's all.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Lee Moriarty vs. Keith Lee has been booked for Collision as has Statlander vs. Diamante for Rampage

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Collision predictions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

Collision predictions?