Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Yo, this comic looks solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

"Uncooperative kid"??? The daughter's a 20-year old grown woman living in America, so not liking the dad for being a former marine and an ex-cop is very understandable. But the storyline's trying to write it like she's an unruly little child who just doesn't understand the person behind the badge.

gently caress off with this poo poo, Mary Worth.

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Oh so it's OK if she murders Jampa now. All right fine.

3-4 IRL years of this loving prophecy, gone right down the drain because these two decide to be utter morons right at the finish line.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

amigolupus posted:

3-4 IRL years of this loving prophecy, gone right down the drain because these two decide to be utter morons right at the finish line.

Come to think of it - didn't we have another Phantom storyline with a "you are going to die" prophecy, years before this one? IIRC that one ended with the Pahntom ignoring the prophecy completely, and Mozz sending Babudan to kill the guy who would have shot him.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

The Finns have traditionally used cattle horns for cupping, which this probably implies.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

cupping my hands around my mouth to preemptively yell gently caress Yooooouuuu Josh at my monitor

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 11/12-14/51

This "spy queen" business is probably a reference to the testimony of Elizabeth Bentley, which helped spark the Red Scare.

Archie 10/28-30/48

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet 10/29-31/51

Twink Turner. Shame that Bailey couldn't look ahead and predict 21st-century slang...

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Hey, guys, today's Luann update really sucks and I'm sorry.

I know Luann always sucks and if I apologized every time I posted a sucky comic it would never end, but this Luann is notably bad. It's hurtful.

Luann

Yes, Bets had her fun running around with her "hopes" and "dreams" and "personal sense of self," but now it's time to settle down and sacrifice her own identity to become... somebody's girlfriend, like all good girls do. (That that somebody is "Gunther" is an extra jab in the kidneys)

Bets was way more interesting than the whiterest of the characters. The Evanses had to kill her. RIPD, Bets.

Gil Thorp

Inviting your affair partner to Thanksgiving dinner. A bold move.

Home Free

I've never kept a hamster, but it seems to me like aside from preventing the hamster from burrowing when it wants to, all these things are good things for an owner to do? You don't want moldy food and poo poo all through the bedding.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

[chanting] CHRIST-MAS SEX! CHRIST-MAS SEX!

Nobody cares about Rudy. Shut up.

She's Gonna Go Home To A Loving Relationship With A Duck And A Turkey

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Coney just looks so pleased to be infamous.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
when the family is all together, they literally look like a pack of OC Do Not Steal right down to the multicolor wild hair.

And technically isn't what Kevin did illegal because prey are not allowed to fight back?

gently caress. This is Holbrook, so what are the odds Fiona and dumbass Sunglasses Dude will have a kid with her ears and sunglasses permanently on, like that trapeze dumbass whose son was always on a trapeze too?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

amigolupus posted:

"Uncooperative kid"??? The daughter's a 20-year old grown woman living in America, so not liking the dad for being a former marine and an ex-cop is very understandable. But the storyline's trying to write it like she's an unruly little child who just doesn't understand the person behind the badge.

gently caress off with this poo poo, Mary Worth.

Yeah, but it got us the Words of the Flaming Skeleton, which was utterly badass.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Cowslips Warren posted:

when the family is all together, they literally look like a pack of OC Do Not Steal right down to the multicolor wild hair.

And technically isn't what Kevin did illegal because prey are not allowed to fight back?

gently caress. This is Holbrook, so what are the odds Fiona and dumbass Sunglasses Dude will have a kid with her ears and sunglasses permanently on, like that trapeze dumbass whose son was always on a trapeze too?

It was in a tunnel so it counts as burrowing, which rabbits are allowed to do.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (November 10-12, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (January 23-25, 1922)

Dok's Dippy Rip In Time (most of January 1, 1915, spoilered for a Usual Reasons background character)

Little Lefty (June 22-24, 1939)

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (December 21, 2001)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

shaking my head at this zippy

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Julet Esqu posted:

Home Free

I've never kept a hamster, but it seems to me like aside from preventing the hamster from burrowing when it wants to, all these things are good things for an owner to do? You don't want moldy food and poo poo all through the bedding.

Rodents are gonna do rodent stuff. It's in their nature. You just change their bedding and clean their cages once a week and they do okay.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Calling about your car's extended warranty

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hostile V posted:

[chanting] CHRIST-MAS SEX! CHRIST-MAS SEX!

This is one of things I dislike about this strip. There's no sense of real danger because all of the main characters are so perfect. Kevin can apparently beat up everyone in N.O.P.E single handily so what kind of threat are they?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

I think Charles forgot to run this "punchline" through his usual tortured tech reference generator. I'll try to help. Ahem...

"I guess I don't need to rent an app to get rid of the celery"

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (December 22, 2001)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

davidspackage posted:

I think Charles forgot to run this "punchline" through his usual tortured tech reference generator. I'll try to help. Ahem...

"I guess I don't need to rent an app to get rid of the celery place where the celery's new location"

Also: you can see where he erased Delete's usual sad eyebrows. After all, why would the dog be sad? He clearly wants the celery, and has the celery.

It makes sense!

Charles... we're so glad the treatment is working.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Julet Esqu posted:

Gil Thorp

Inviting your affair partner to Thanksgiving dinner. A bold move.

more like Gil Throuple

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

I'm glad Lynn is projecting her failure as a mother on another fictional character to try to spread the blame.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Giant Ethicist posted:

Thanks for the kind words! Based on stuff in the first essay, I believe they were written specially for the print collection, although they only appear in this first volume. I teach English and Linguistics at a university here (my reaction to Uchida’s writing style – or at least to my translations of it – may be influenced by the fact that I’m currently elbows-deep in my students’ essays, which means I’m, sadly, necessarily focused on a pretty narrow kind of college-level academic writing).

We Are Reproducing: Spoiled for definitely a fetish.

I think the baby being included in the reaction montage is what really makes this one.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > BSS: Bisexual Super Son > Comic Strips 2023: Hmm, Definitely a bodily fluid

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Doomykins posted:

"401 - Jucika Is A Little Vain"

I love Jucika's expression in the first panel.

Fingerpori

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Alhazred posted:

This is one of things I dislike about this strip. There's no sense of real danger because all of the main characters are so perfect. Kevin can apparently beat up everyone in N.O.P.E single handily so what kind of threat are they?

Kevin's a freak of nature among rabbits because not only is he built like a tank, he has no problem fighting back when a predator tries to kill him. It's another thing that makes the Birdlluminati proclaiming the Dewclaws as a model for coexistence even more worthless than it is. Kevin and Kell's relationship isn't really born out of pure empathy or Kell feeling bad about eating prey. It's hard to believe that Kevin took a major risk going on that first date with Kell and realizing she's actually a predator when he could have fended her off had the date went south.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

I hate the Michelle strips so much. Curtis is harassing this poor girl and he doesn't even actually like her! If the thing is just that he thinks she's hot, then he needs to shut the gently caress up about all the shallow things she does that make her look the way she does.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

Kevin's a freak of nature among rabbits because not only is he built like a tank, he has no problem fighting back when a predator tries to kill him. It's another thing that makes the Birdlluminati proclaiming the Dewclaws as a model for coexistence even more worthless than it is. Kevin and Kell's relationship isn't really born out of pure empathy or Kell feeling bad about eating prey. It's hard to believe that Kevin took a major risk going on that first date with Kell and realizing she's actually a predator when he could have fended her off had the date went south.

see in a more natural non-Mary Sue strip, Kevin would protect the rabbit burrows and make sure the normal sized rabbits aren't getting picked off to the point you need 24 kids to see even one reach adulthood. with any actual real look at this strip, there is no loving logic other than....

poo poo. This is part of Safe Havens universe, right? So this is probably where all of the genesplicing insane woman's animals end up at some point. And she keeps tabs on them the way she does her lab, watching and moving people around for fun.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

The author really can't stop talking about spanking, uh?

Vintage Valiant (Jun. 12, 1960)

Even though he died five years before the GIF was developed, I can tell Foster would have wanted me to make this

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

There's going to be a cross-over with WH40K?!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 11/24/03

No Stephen Collins today.

Brenda Starr 2/21-23/52

Smokey Stover 3/16/58

Everyday Movies 12/30/36

"When you asked them to stay and have turkey with us, I hope they understood you meant hash."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 8/20-22/42

You can tell Stamm worked with Chester Gould, because these guys are definitely second-rate Dick Tracy villains.

Closer Than We Think! 3/16/58

In case you haven't already guessed from his name, Krafft Ehricke was another Project Paperclip alumnus.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

I think we've reached a new low in failing to draw things. In what universe are snowflakes triangular?!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

riderchop posted:

Zippy The Pinhead

shaking my head at this zippy

It is the year Two-thousand twenty-three, my dude. Hip-hop has been in existence in some form since the early 70s. Get over it.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Santa's Victory Christmas (November 25, 1942)

Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (November 27, 1976)

Crankshaft

I had no idea this was a thing, but the only thing I know about college sports is the bit about exploiting athletic program students for profit without cutting them in on it.

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (March 11-13, 1935)

Thimble Theater (June 29, 1940)

Out Our Way (May 27-29, 1943)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 25, 2023

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Pancho Jueves posted:

I think we've reached a new low in failing to draw things. In what universe are snowflakes triangular?!

Check this dude who's never had carpal tunnel

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 8/20-22/42

I feel like nickname-wise this guy's pretty lucky he lost an eye cause there's a whole lot of other things they might call him

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "402 - Jucika And Preservation"

"403 - Jucika And Laundry"

Cause of Death: Chores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

EasyEW posted:

I had no idea this was a thing, but the only thing I know about college sports is the bit about exploiting athletic program students for profit without cutting them in on it.
The NCAA is still an exploitive crap sack organization, but at least athletes can now get a taste.