Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

I meant specifically a pick six on a hail mary. The Williams int wasn't on a hail mary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mega64 posted:

The last two minutes of the first half of Phins/Jets is one of the stupidest things I've ever watched, and it was glorious.

Two Pick Sixes, including one ON A loving HAIL MARY

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1728163643089625506

Lmfao

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
How many more prime time Jets games are left for us to suffer through?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

HappyHippo posted:

How many more prime time Jets games are left for us to suffer through?

One, but they might flex Texans/Jets to Monday Night to avoid an even BIGGER turd of a game in Packers/Giants.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Edward Mass posted:

One, but they might flex Texans/Jets to Monday Night to avoid an even BIGGER turd of a game in Packers/Giants.

It’s looking like the Packers game will have playoff implications so probably not

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s looking like the Packers game will have playoff implications so probably not

So will Texans Jets I imagine

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That, and the Texans currently have no games scheduled not to kick off at noon despite having the leading OROY and potentially an MVP candidate.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

i'd rather watch tommy devito than the jets

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Parallax posted:

i'd rather watch tommy devito than the jets

Pats/Giants on Sunday is going to set records (derogatory)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
dumb question: why is the nfl schedule locked in at the start of the season? is it purely so that ticket purchasers can plan around going to games (which seems like it'd get totally hosed up if a game got flexed, and... that can already happen in some circumstances?), or does it have to do with the networks wanting to know things in advance so they can plan ad sales and whatever?

cuz like i guess the season is short enough that it's probably the sensible way to do things, but i could imagine maybe in the future they might want to play around with only scheduling, say, through thanksgiving, then releasing the rest of the schedule later once they've seen how some things are shaking out

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

tarbrush posted:

So will Texans Jets I imagine

I doubt that game gets moved either even if it will probably be miserable

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

dumb question: why is the nfl schedule locked in at the start of the season? is it purely so that ticket purchasers can plan around going to games (which seems like it'd get totally hosed up if a game got flexed, and... that can already happen in some circumstances?), or does it have to do with the networks wanting to know things in advance so they can plan ad sales and whatever?

cuz like i guess the season is short enough that it's probably the sensible way to do things, but i could imagine maybe in the future they might want to play around with only scheduling, say, through thanksgiving, then releasing the rest of the schedule later once they've seen how some things are shaking out

The stadiums are booked every week for non football events like concerts.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

michaels jut sounds dead inside

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

N: https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1728190006672642149?s=20

V: lol Jets

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

abraham linksys posted:

In addition to the stadiums being booked for events months in advance, having to do the logistics for everything involved with an NFL game would be a nightmare when you don’t even who you’re playing and where for the last third of the season. The postseason comes together gradually enough that teams can get an idea of where they might be headed, but having to do that for 32 teams for a whole month of games?

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 25, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Can I just say all of you need to stop bitching about your teams. Everyone is in a better situation right now than Carolina lol. It's our season to be the no hope posters.

I don’t think a Lions poster ever posted anything like this lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Come, we have such sights to show Panthers fans :getin:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The rest of us don't have to stop complaining about our dumb coaches and weak players just because the Panthers are a hopeless garbage franchise.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i will never stop complaining about the various oafs and ne'er-do-wells who run the drat chicago bears!!!!!!!!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The rest of us don't have to stop complaining about our dumb coaches and weak players just because the Panthers are a hopeless garbage franchise.

I'm sorry that its hard for your playoff team with elite QB to choose how badly they're going to beat a team when we can't even score a touchdown.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

At the very least Panthers fans are allowed to vocally hate their franchise as much as they’d like without us whining about them. They were sold a bill of goods with Tepper, Reich and Young. You’ve gotta let them air their grievances out.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

try swapping a few things around on paper and you'll quickly see how complicated it becomes to satisfy all the constraints given that each team must get their home games, their divisional games, divisional games in week 18, play the same other division as everyone else in their division, etc., etc.

like if you just moved jets/dolphins this week to some other week, what happens to the games they were playing that week and those teams? things waterfall quickly

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kirios posted:

At the very least Panthers fans are allowed to vocally hate their franchise as much as they’d like without us whining about them. They were sold a bill of goods with Tepper, Reich and Young. You’ve gotta let them air their grievances out.

Yea they absolutely get as much air as they want to bitch about their team.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
If anything, the main gripe should be "if your team has been pretty successful lately, consistently goes to the playoffs, is currently leading the division, etc maybe you shouldn't constantly complain about them like a whiney toddler" or something like that.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

pmchem posted:

try swapping a few things around on paper and you'll quickly see how complicated it becomes to satisfy all the constraints given that each team must get their home games, their divisional games, divisional games in week 18, play the same other division as everyone else in their division, etc., etc.

like if you just moved jets/dolphins this week to some other week, what happens to the games they were playing that week and those teams? things waterfall quickly

I think the suggestion here isn't to change who's play who on which week, but rather just changing around which games are played in the early afternoon/late afternoon/snf/etc

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Black Sunshine posted:

If anything, the main gripe should be "if your team has been pretty successful lately, consistently goes to the playoffs, is currently leading the division, etc maybe you shouldn't constantly complain about them like a whiney toddler" or something like that.

Full support on this one

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Guys bitch all you want, I wasn't serious in my post. I'm just full on no hope atm.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

pmchem posted:

Just ask ChatGPT to make a schedule. Bing bang boom.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Just quarantine the jets and giants to metlife, they'll play each other every week so nobody else has to watch them

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

The Dave posted:

The stadiums are booked every week for non football events like concerts.

ah, yeah, this is the most obvious reason my question was dumb. what i get for asking after a couple days of turning my brain completely off

i also went and looked up the full scheduling procedures (https://www.nfl.com/schedules/flexible-scheduling-procedures) and i guess there's more flex scheduling allowed than i realized, which makes my point kinda moot

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Just ask ChatGPT to make a schedule. Bing bang boom.

It didn't work :(

Morning (6:00 AM - 12:00 PM):

6:00 AM - 6:30 AM: Wake up and morning routine (e.g., brush teeth, wash face, stretch).
6:30 AM - 7:30 AM: Exercise (e.g., jog, yoga, gym).
7:30 AM - 8:00 AM: Breakfast.
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Work or study (adjust this block according to your work or study schedule).
11:00 AM - 11:15 AM: Short break (stretch, grab a healthy snack).
11:15 AM - 12:00 PM: Continue work or study.

Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM):

12:00 PM - 12:30 PM: Lunch.

Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM):

1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Work or study (or any important tasks).
3:00 PM - 3:15 PM: Short break (take a walk, hydrate).
3:15 PM - 4:30 PM: Continue work or study.
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Review and plan for the next day.

Evening (5:00 PM - 10:00 PM):

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Dinner.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Leisure time (e.g., hobbies, reading, watching TV).
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Socialize or spend time with family/friends.
8:00 PM - 8:30 PM: Wind-down routine (e.g., meditation, light stretching).
8:30 PM - 10:00 PM: Relaxation or personal time (e.g., reading, watching a movie, self-care).

Night (10:00 PM - 11:00 PM):

10:00 PM: Prepare for bed (e.g., brush teeth, skincare).
10:30 PM: Wind down and relax.
11:00 PM: Sleep.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
every team is terrible until they hoist the lombardi then they are good until training camp before they are bad again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nah every team was bad last year and every team is still bad this year

I would actually argue everyone's worse than last year

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I have a prediction and it’s that Keaton Mitchell is going to absolutely terrorize the Chargers tomorrow night

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am nervous about the Browns vs the Broncos. I hope the Browns bring a good game.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Nervous posted:

It didn't work :(

Morning (6:00 AM - 12:00 PM):

6:00 AM - 6:30 AM: Wake up and morning routine (e.g., brush teeth, wash face, stretch).
6:30 AM - 7:30 AM: Exercise (e.g., jog, yoga, gym).
7:30 AM - 8:00 AM: Breakfast.
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Work or study (adjust this block according to your work or study schedule).
11:00 AM - 11:15 AM: Short break (stretch, grab a healthy snack).
11:15 AM - 12:00 PM: Continue work or study.

Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM):

12:00 PM - 12:30 PM: Lunch.

Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM):

1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Work or study (or any important tasks).
3:00 PM - 3:15 PM: Short break (take a walk, hydrate).
3:15 PM - 4:30 PM: Continue work or study.
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Review and plan for the next day.

Evening (5:00 PM - 10:00 PM):

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Dinner.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Leisure time (e.g., hobbies, reading, watching TV).
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Socialize or spend time with family/friends.
8:00 PM - 8:30 PM: Wind-down routine (e.g., meditation, light stretching).
8:30 PM - 10:00 PM: Relaxation or personal time (e.g., reading, watching a movie, self-care).

Night (10:00 PM - 11:00 PM):

10:00 PM: Prepare for bed (e.g., brush teeth, skincare).
10:30 PM: Wind down and relax.
11:00 PM: Sleep.

Still better than Jets-Dolphins

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Guys bitch all you want, I wasn't serious in my post. I'm just full on no hope atm.

3 winning seasons since the Jake Delhomme - Cardinals playoff game!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
How'd Packers legend Tim Boyle do in his first start? Good??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

How'd Packers legend Tim Boyle do in his first start? Good??

Let’s begin the discussion with “Hail Mary pick six” and go from there