Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
NO
NECK
JOE

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Vib Rib posted:

Regarding the "they're not children, they're 15" comment, would it surprise you to know that Israel's "right to return" laws are making it a safe haven for pedophiles fleeing conviction?

It's been a while but my understanding is that most "ritual cannibalism" to honor the dead was stuff like preserving strips of human jerky from a recently passed corpse to gnaw on when you missed them, like it was a symbolic thing, you weren't helping yourselves to bowls of Uncle Ben
Still pretty hosed up but not the sort of cannibalism most people imagine on hearing the term

Yes endocannibalism is afaik the majority of cannibalism and is usually something like that, it's the appropriate thing in the culture that practices it, and there isn't really a question of the deceased not having consented. It's like saying an open casket funeral is barbaric and brutal because it's a huge gathering of people gawking at a recently deceased body. It's almost like context matters. In some cultures more or less is consumed, I think some even just eat a bit of ashes. Of course this is all much less lurid and sensational than the other kind of cannibalism.

Also at the same time the colonial powers of Europe were spreading horror stories of savage native cannibals to justify colonialism, they were eating medicine made from and using paint made with the looted corpses of the Egyptian dead.

Anthropological facts aside, I think they have to understand there is no world in which it is a bright idea to go on twitter and get all 'well, actually' about cannibalism. I already kind of regret making this post lol. Anthropology is interesting and it's good to learn about!

mycatscrimes has a new favorite as of 04:55 on Nov 25, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Fascists are mad that life is actually real and doesn't literally look like Leave it to Beaver, same story for over a century at this point.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I might get flamed for this but incest is still bad even if Europeans do it/historically did it.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Oh the twitter take is bonkers insane and I'd actually forgotten the full original tweet because i was distracted by anthropology chat lmao. I just had in my head that they were clarifiying there is another type of cannibalism that is endogamous and not a product of violence or remotely similar to the common mental image of what it means when you say a people practice cannibalism, and should have paged back to refresh my memory because loving yikes.

It is worthwhile to clarify that no one is in danger from the (for instance) Amahuaca people and they are not 'savages' butchering each other, in light of hundreds of years of propaganda about indigenous peoples. That... Is not remotely what that person was doing.

mycatscrimes has a new favorite as of 06:16 on Nov 25, 2023

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Gross

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Glad he's out here getting medical advice from random traddy accounts

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i didnt read all those words and nothing on earth can make me read all those words

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Glad he's out here getting medical advice from random traddy accounts

I'm pretty sure that his whole thing about psychiatric medication is because one of his various ex-wives or -children got therapy, was finally able to self-actualize as a result, and immediately left him.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Perestroika posted:

I'm pretty sure that his whole thing about psychiatric medication is because one of his various ex-wives or -children got therapy, was finally able to self-actualize as a result, and immediately left him.

So many dudes are like Homer Simpson about therapy, 'It turns wives against husbands, children against fathers, neighbours against me!'

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Perestroika posted:

One of his children came out as trans and cut him entirely out of their life, and Grimes dated a trans person after leaving him. So yea, his whole anti-trans thing took over his tiny brain because he's a petty little bitch who can't accept that they cut his cancerous rear end out of their lives.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/stopvaccinating/status/1727453973693739187

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Ulrasound”

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
OP is not the idiot.

https://twitter.com/EmmaTolkin/status/1728118061893579236

https://twitter.com/EmmaTolkin/status/1728126161874743315

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Imagine standing underneath the space shuttle during take off and how loud that would be. That's sound. Now when you listen to anything else, that's also sound - the exact same thing, and it's equally dangerous. Abolish hearing if you want to stay alive

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, his first wife became emotionally stable enough to leave him when she started taking SSRIs and he's had it out for them ever since

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

someone i used to talk to told me if I got an epidural it'd make my kid autistic and i was like "drat that poo poo works fast!!" and they blocked me :(

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Life is so insane now that I read this as inviting the Grey Wolves to the platform.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

cat posts.txt posted:

someone i used to talk to told me if I got an epidural it'd make my kid autistic and i was like "drat that poo poo works fast!!" and they blocked me :(

Why would I not want my kid to be autistic when I am myself autistic :smug:

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
And I bet you were exposed to SOUNDWAVES at some point during your gestative process!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

If you have sex while pregnant, the baby gets a dent in its skull.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Cloacamazing! posted:

And I bet you were exposed to SOUNDWAVES at some point during your gestative process!

What's wrong with SOUNDWAVES?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My most recent ultrasound was for a gallstone. Did that make me or my gallbladder autistic?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

if she's laying there like a dead fish and taking five-to-ten minutes of your time... poo poo pal I think it might be a you problem.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

cat posts.txt posted:

One of my coworkers heard my partner was going to get an epidural and immediately started on a rant about getting this baby started on chemicals. He also has a rant about how baldness isn't because of genetics it's because of the chemicals in our shampoo and conditioner clogging our pores and killing the hair follicles. Oh and if you drink milk straight from a cow it'll cure lactose intolerance.

In the end we didn't get an epidural because like her dad this kid has zero patience and said it's time here I come

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Why anyone would engage in the disgusting practice of involving another person, man or female, in sexual activities when the scientifically proven superior act of masturbation is available is beyond me

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
my wife due to outside peer pressure was all gung ho about no drugs during delivery.

she made it eh about 4 hours into labor before i was like "hey babe you want literally the best magical drugs that you are ever allowed to have legally?"

she seemed a lot more chill after that.

now my kid has 7 toes on each foot and can speak to the dead. but eh?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
this is a real news headline, based on a real quote, not satire.

e: apparently that guy is israel's minister of communications

Flesh Forge has a new favorite as of 17:57 on Nov 25, 2023

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

my wife due to outside peer pressure was all gung ho about no drugs during delivery.

she made it eh about 4 hours into labor before i was like "hey babe you want literally the best magical drugs that you are ever allowed to have legally?"

she seemed a lot more chill after that.

now my kid has 7 toes on each foot and can speak to the dead. but eh?

I see no downsides

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Flesh Forge posted:

This dude probably has some thoughts on Silent Hill.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Flesh Forge posted:

Totally normal world. I'm sure terrorists were hiding behind the foreskins or something.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
You heard about the heroic cum collection brigade, now get ready for the foreskin capture and retrieval battalion
e: I guess, technically, that is not social media but wow is it idiotic

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1728457975407185967?t=ZqCNY3WPtHOSlqAMMV9lYQ&s=19

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

oldpainless posted:

Why anyone would engage in the disgusting practice of involving another person, man or female, in sexual activities when the scientifically proven superior act of masturbation is available is beyond me

Finally someone gets it, just DIY your orgasms

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Nazis were literally inspired by the eugenicist actions of amerikkka against our indigenous populations, disabled people, and gaymosexials

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

tokin opposition posted:

Nazis were literally inspired by the eugenicist actions of amerikkka against our indigenous populations, disabled people, and gaymosexials

they weren't, there was a whole load more poo poo going on, but I get it, it feels good to repeat it to feel like One Of The Good Americans

Hitler did enjoy western novels, that part is real

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

I find it hard to believe a Buddhist symbol was totally ubiquitous among the population of the US in the 19th century US dude.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My elementary school was built in the 20s and had a few swastika tiles in the entryway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

they weren't, there was a whole load more poo poo going on, but I get it, it feels good to repeat it to feel like One Of The Good Americans

Hitler did enjoy western novels, that part is real
This is fairly accepted in the mainstream; would you like to share more, or are you just here to drive through and be vague and smug?