Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

tua is a system quarterback, but the system's really good and not everyone can run it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Hurts is the one I’m really still doubting which tier he’s in purely bc he’s surrounded by insane talent and still looks inconsistent as gently caress most of the time. He’s got the best o-line in football too. Idk I think he’s probably closer to that 2nd tier but I’m a hater.

Otherwise yea pretty much agreed. I actually like Tua better than Prescott but not with his injury issues.

I think the Eagles are underperforming as a whole given their talent level. With a coach who didn't spend half his time mugging for the loving cameras that team would be undefeated this year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChessLiam/status/1728110524762845257

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

TheBizzness posted:

All credit due to mcmagic, dude creates content like nobody else. Without him this thread would just be any other divisional thread and have half as many posts.

None of it is good though

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think the Eagles are underperforming as a whole given their talent level. With a coach who didn't spend half his time mugging for the loving cameras that team would be undefeated this year.

Yeah turns out having them do nothing in training camp was not a great idea

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If Tua was on the Jets mcmagic would never shut up about him.
Ehhh. Maybe off-season mcmagic. Off-season mcmagic is more optimistic.

In season he’d definitely be calling any QB consistently getting picked when throwing out routes dogshit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Jets aren’t allowed to have just a mediocre limited QB like Tua is. They have to play literally the worst starting QB in the NFL every week. It’s likely somewhere in the NFL bylaws.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cut Michael Carter to give Izzy more reps. Decide not to give Izzy more reps.

https://x.com/nick_faria1720/status/1728418944170734069?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is Achan good in pass protection? lol

Find a way to let him to do what he's good at you loving dolt. Fire this motherfucker now.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
My major complaint with Tua was that trash man Sauce Gardner was able to leave that game with plausible deniability that he can cover Hill or Waddle when he should have left with triple digits and two TDs against his name.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There are somehow still six more games for this Jets team to play.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Thankfully they have no shot at a top pick.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Ehhh. Maybe off-season mcmagic. Off-season mcmagic is more optimistic.

In season he’d definitely be calling any QB consistently getting picked when throwing out routes dogshit.

Most of his interceptions are on deep balls or late throws over the middle that sail.

Those are his only ints on out routes this season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thankfully they have no shot at a top pick.

There is not 1 NFL player, even a franchise QB who can save the Jets. They will never win anything again until they bring someone in to run the whole franchise like they did with Parcels.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1728416207387164707

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

mcmagic posted:

There is not 1 NFL player, even a franchise QB who can save the Jets. They will never win anything again until they bring someone in to run the whole franchise like they did with Parcels.

Belichick destination…. Revenge against Kraft twice a year? Aaron rodgers? Great D? Could do worse

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Phobeste posted:

Belichick destination…. Revenge against Kraft twice a year? Aaron rodgers? Great D? Could do worse

I think Belichick would rather work for you than for Woody Johnson with the Jets. He hates the Jets more than he loves breathing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL Beningo wants the Jets to still bring back Rodgers this season no matter what the record is. He also wants his texting and golf buddy Saleh fired

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

How goddamn bad does Siemian look in practice that they won't even try with him?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fsif posted:

How goddamn bad does Siemian look in practice that they won't even try with him?

It has to be a tank job at this point. Siemien's bad, but I don't think he's ever looked as putrid as Wilson or Boyle.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Black Lighter posted:

It has to be a tank job at this point. Siemien's bad, but I don't think he's ever looked as putrid as Wilson or Boyle.

They are not tanking because they aren't going to draft a QB.

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Black Lighter posted:

It’s been a tank job from the sixth snap of the season. Once Rodgers was down, why bother?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fsif posted:

I assume they'll try Siemian sometime in December; Falcons is less feeding-to-the-wolves than yesterday was, so it'll be seen as more giving Boyle a fair shot/second chance, which he'll still fail. By that point the year's officially over and either they'll have nothing left to lose by trying Siemian, or they'll embrace the tank and the loss of everyone involved's jobs (including Zach) and either go back to Zach or activate Rodgers for the four more snaps his body has left

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
This legit feels like they are spiting the fans at this point.

Oh you wanted anyone but Wilson? Have fun.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Russian Guyovitch posted:

It’s been a tank job from the sixth snap of the season. Once Rodgers was down, why bother?

bullshit. teams are winning all over the league with bad QBs.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The Jets should sign Malik Cunningham off the NE practice squad. He'll probably suck but at least having him play QB for a week would be more fun.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Pablo Bluth posted:

The Jets should sign Malik Cunningham off the NE practice squad. He'll probably suck but at least having him play QB for a week would be more fun.

I don’t know who this is but I’m going to assume it’s a Malik Willis/Randall Cunningham hybrid and yes.

A competent GM would have at bare minimum rostered a dude who can pick up yards with his legs so they could have some ability to move the chains, but not Joe Douglas no sir!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

They are not tanking because they aren't going to draft a QB.

Tank for OT1 or WR1.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Tank for OT1 or WR1.

Tank for a pick someone will trade up for a QB to.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Malik is a usfa QB who Bill is more interested in using as a WR. He's probably not any good as a QB but he plays as a dual threat QB so he's got to be fun that corpses the Jets are rolling with.

https://twitter.com/SavageSports_/status/1728240990660784352

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

bullshit. teams are winning all over the league with bad QBs.

Like the AFC leading Dolphins!!!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

TheBizzness posted:

I don’t know who this is but I’m going to assume it’s a Malik Willis/Randall Cunningham hybrid and yes.

A competent GM would have at bare minimum rostered a dude who can pick up yards with his legs so they could have some ability to move the chains, but not Joe Douglas no sir!

He's kind of a "we have Lamar Jackson at home" crazy athlete. He even played at Louisville. Except he's a UDFA and not like, a first round pick, and posted thousands fewer yards than Lamar did most college seasons. He probably sucks but I wouldn't mind the Pats giving him some reps at this point because at least it would be entertaining one way or another instead of just crushingly boring and bad. Like that time Chris Streveler came in and was exciting for like 1 drive before it became apparent that he's actually quite bad and we never saw him again.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Like the AFC leading Dolphins!!!

Yup. The Steelers are 6-4 with a terrible QB. The browns are 7-3 with bad QB play. We know about Dobbs and the Vikings.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

syzpid posted:

This legit feels like they are spiting the fans at this point.

Oh you wanted anyone but Wilson? Have fun.

They're punishing non-Jets fans now. The offense is just as bad but it's not as funny (Hail Mary returned for a pick six notwithstanding).

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
This drives me loving nuts. There are numerous late-round and UDFA RBs that make an impact every year in the NFL. If a win-now Jets team drafted one that is so bad in pass protection that he can’t see the field year one, it’s a total waste of a pick. Only underscores why Woody needs to clean house and fire the coaches and the front office.

https://twitter.com/nick_faria1720/status/1728418944170734069?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

How do Jim Harbaugh and Aaron Rodgers get along?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I doubt it because Harbaugh is smart and likes to win.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The suspense is killing me.
https://x.com/jeffphowe/status/1728462041864609955?s=20

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

How do Jim Harbaugh and Aaron Rodgers get along?

Man you just live for the circus, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Man you just live for the circus, huh?

I just want my team to have a good coach