Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

SixteenShells posted:

remember that time the Maddow show hyped up getting Trump's taxes and then it was a decade old one page summary. i think the first half of that show was a lengthy recap of the Game Theory thread

it was a decade old one page summary that proved conclusively that Trump had paid a higher % in taxes than Hillary did for that year

Excelzior has issued a correction as of 04:35 on Nov 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

she did not own goal she scored a touchdown and converted

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

You're so vain, you probably think this war is about you.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bidens corrupt son will soon be in general pop

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Best Friends posted:

it’s genuinely disturbing. the list of simple, basic factual things that aren’t true but you need to believe to be a good liberal is now pages long. seeing people say Biden is on the side of the Palestinians and that he stood with the rail workers, the economy is good, the trump bucks never happened but it’s good they stopped. I feel like I’m going insane.

trump taking over the republican party gave cover to the most irritating and delusional bush supporters to join their fellow pmc dipshits on the other team

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

What level of irony is this?

https://twitter.com/OrganizerMemes/status/1727898992984367136?t=G1woVQg4Xg3d-RCDvBV6oQ&s=19

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
stewie griffith politics

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

so peace in the region being about an oil pipeline. got it.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/Meme_Behavior/status/1728151626865623105

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

I wish I could have seen Hilldawg's reaction to the loss. She's a lovely person but she put in the loving work. Like 12 hour congressional testifying. All the dumb boring bullshit no one wants to do and then a game show host just wanders in and beats her for the oval office. Basically by accident! And her defeat to that particular person is an entire repudiation of her entire personally build narrative.

I got no dog in the fight but the wine glass being thrown against the wall and her letting loose with her opinions of her lessers must have been a sight to behold.

Hillary didnt put in the work, that was one of the major reasons she lost. She was a lazy campaigner who never put forth a positive case for her candidacy, vanished for weeks at a time, and relied too much on data over, you know, talking to people. Trump outcampaigned her, which is especially funny because Clinton outspent Trump nearly 2:1. Analysis of election ad buys showed that Trump was the issues candidate and Clinton went insanely negative. Clinton lost to the game show host because she was one of the most uniquely lovely candidates of all time.

But yeah I bet she threw more than a few glasses that night

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nix Panicus posted:

Hillary didnt put in the work, that was one of the major reasons she lost. She was a lazy campaigner who never put forth a positive case for her candidacy, vanished for weeks at a time, and relied too much on data over, you know, talking to people. Trump outcampaigned her, which is especially funny because Clinton outspent Trump nearly 2:1. Analysis of election ad buys showed that Trump was the issues candidate and Clinton went insanely negative. Clinton lost to the game show host because she was one of the most uniquely lovely candidates of all time.

She was seriously so entitled that she thought it was just going to be handed to her on a platter.

poo poo, it's documented fact that Bernie put more effort into her campaign than she did, and to this day she still finds time to say he's a large part of why she lost and that he didn't do enough for her.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

It's an amazing coincidence that the candidate that ran the 3am phone call ad (twice!), had to send a lackey out to face her supporters at 3am on election night.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Getting insanely drunk, throwing things at staff and the walls, and then crying herself to sleep would be the most relatably human thing shes ever done, but yeah not exactly leadership material

Anyways thats why Biden is going to drop out and sub in Hillary for 2024

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

No American President has been legitimate.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the_steve posted:

poo poo, it's documented fact that Bernie put more effort into her campaign than she did, and to this day she still finds time to say he's a large part of why she lost and that he didn't do enough for her.
Bernie Sanders is a monster who endorsed and campaigned for Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Nichael posted:

Bernie Sanders is a monster who endorsed and campaigned for Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nichael posted:

True enough, I just like pointing out Hilldawg's long list of excuses as to why 2016 was everyone else's fault except for hers.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bernie did everything in his power to help Her, yet She will never forgive him.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

https://x.com/organizermemes/status/1727928798379741309?s=46

lol

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

I wonder what the context of that scene is and im sure as hell not going to do the research. I’m assuming Peter gropes her or something seconds later and it’s played for laughs.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

At this rate by the end of the year we'll be hearing how Hamas hates Israel and the US for their freedoms.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Organizer Memes is garbage

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Biden lost his previous presidential runs due to being outed as a habitual liar. And I guess this is what happens when your wits fade too much even for that.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Shageletic posted:

Biden lost his previous presidential runs due to being outed as a habitual liar. And I guess this is what happens when your wits fade too much even for that.

ahem, he was laughed out of the race in 2008 for lying and racist "gaffes"

then Obama and The Onion managed to use the Men in Black memory flasher on everybody, set to "Joe Biden"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

God to RBG: Die, vile woman!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...ID=ansmsnnews11

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

the_steve posted:

I'm sure they already have a bunch of "Trump is not MY President" mugs that didn't sell back during his first term lined up and ready to go.

Let the Record Show
January 19, 2017
John Pavlovitz
https://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/01/19/let-the-record-show/

quote:

Let the record show that I did not consent to this.

Let it show that I did not vote for this man, that he did not represent me, that I did not believe he was deserving of being here, that I grieved his ascension, that I resisted his ugliness.

Let History record my objection to him, to the ways he humiliated women and vilified Muslims and threatened protestors and disregarded people of color.

Let it record my repulsion at his tremendous cruelty, his lack of compassion, his contempt for dissension, his absence of simple decency.

Let witnesses mark down my disgust at the way he boasted of infidelity, at how he ridiculed a disabled reporter, at the way he attacked female opponents for their appearance, at the way he marginalized immigrants.

Let it be remembered that I did not look the other way when women accused him of assault, when the reality of his Russian alliances came to light, when he refused to share his tax records—though large portions of the American media and its people chose to.

Let it be remembered that I did not buy into the fear that he perpetuated of those with brown skin or hijabs or foreign birthplaces.

Let the record show that I looked on with disbelief as he spent countless early morning and middle-of-the-night hours following the election on social media, broadcasting a steady stream of petulant, insecure, incoherent messages instead of preparing to do a job he was ill-equipped for and seemingly not all that interested in.

Let the record show that I watched him assemble a Cabinet of billionaires and bigots, of people woefully unqualified to steward our children, our safety, our healthcare, our financial stability—and that I was horrified by it all.

Let it be remembered that my faith would not allow me to fall in line behind this man while so many professed religious people did; that I saw nothing resembling Jesus in him, and that to declare him Christian would have been to toss aside everything I grew up believing faith in Christ manifested in a life.

Let History record my grieving at the racism and bigotry and homophobia that characterized his campaign, marked his supporters, and is evident in his assembling Administration.

Let it be known that I was one of the more than 65 million people who voted for Hillary Clinton; who understood that though not perfect, she was an intelligent, experienced, passionate public servant with the temperament, commitment, and qualifications to lead and lead well.

Let the record show that I greatly lamented the day of his inauguration, and that I promised to join together with other good people to loudly resist and oppose every unscrupulous, dangerous, unjust and dishonest act this new Administration engages in.

History has been littered with horrible people who did terrible things with power, because too many good people remained silent. And since my fear is that we are surely entering one of those periods in our story, I wanted to make sure that I was recorded for posterity:

I do not believe this man’s actions are normal.
I do not believe he is emotionally stable.
I do not believe he cares about the full, beautiful diversity of America.
I do not believe he respects women.
I do not believe he is pro-life other than his own.
I do not believe the sick and the poor and the hurting matter to him in the slightest.
I do not believe he is a man of faith or integrity or nobility.
I do not believe his concern is for anything outside his reflection in the mirror.

I believe he is a danger to our nation.
I believe he is a threat to our safety.
I believe he is careless with our people.
I believe he is reckless with his power.
I believe America is less secure, less diverse, less compassionate, and less decent under his leadership.

Right now I am worried for my country, concerned for our planet, scared for the future of my children, and greatly saddened that 62 million Americans seem okay with all of this.

Let the record show that I was not okay with it.

Not at all.

Order John’s book, ‘A Bigger Table’ here.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/gloryvanman/status/1727339025428885554?s=20

Some fresh succ. At least the comments seem to be mostly dragging him for saying dumb poo poo.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

the_steve posted:

Some fresh succ. At least the comments seem to be mostly dragging him for saying dumb poo poo.

I don't think a person who is defeated by the specter of Jill Stein is someone who is prepared to lead one of the most powerful nations in the world.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
a small business owner (my brother and I run a BBQ food truck) 

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/What46HasDone/status/1728406326131216407

:dafuq:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Ytlaya posted:

I still think the :champ: lady was doing a good satire and is wrongly tarred by C-SPAM

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6883179290339413253

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

the_steve posted:

We're still talking about Hillary after Trump won, why would we not talk about Trump after Hillary won? Also, Trump 100% wins a 2020 rematch.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
My favorite thing about the 2016 campaign, by far, is the email hack. John Podesta, once the senior adviser on telecommunications security, who taught "law and technology" at Georgetown, got a phishing email that purported to be from google, even though it was clearly a bit.ly url, and entered his information there and thought nothing of it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

"People who disagree with me shouldn't have any rights. This belief makes me a good person."

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

the_steve posted:

"People who disagree with me shouldn't have any rights. This belief makes me a good person."

love me, i'm a liberal

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Serious question: what would Hillary Clinton have done differently over the last 8 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

I genuinely don't understand the point they're trying to make here.
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6934907872308448518