Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’ve been farming this relic node for ages trying to get one functional Kafka set, and instead the game decided Topaz needs to be my hypercarry

I just need to replace her generic planar set now

Hail capitalism :10bux: hail the pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm just missing a good crit chest to finish that set for Topaz. Kafka still needs a chest and boots.

I think I don't like regular SU grinding. I wish we could just speed run the actual SU grind for the relics. Let me spend 2 immersifiers for a boss rush and double rewards.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
SU set grinding sucks rear end and is one of the worst parts of the game, especially since both other bits of New SU content they've introduced didn't let you get orbs/ropes.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

4 immersifiers, 4 double piles of poo poo. Not even a Solsatto attack rope.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Bad Video Games posted:

4 immersifiers, 4 double piles of poo poo. Not even a Solsatto attack rope.

Earlier today I synthesized 4 Salsatto ropes trying to get an attack one.

HP, Break Effect, Break Effect, HP.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
e: nm

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I swear the new sets are weighed in such a way that you get what you dont want out of them. DoT sets constantly rolling mainstat crit /crit damage barely any attack chests or effect hit in substats. Follow up sets just swimming in effect hit and never hitting crit rate or dmg on chest piece.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Break Effect isn't horrible on a couple of characters. Jing Yuan and Topaz wouldn't hate it. Still, it can be frustrating.

I have 2 Effect Hit chests of the DoT set. I'd still rather have Attack for Kafka.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I swear the new sets are weighed in such a way that you get what you dont want out of them. DoT sets constantly rolling mainstat crit /crit damage barely any attack chests or effect hit in substats. Follow up sets just swimming in effect hit and never hitting crit rate or dmg on chest piece.

New sets, old sets, this is just like Genshin

I have more World 7 runs than anything else and I just now got an Rutilant Ice sphere for Jingliu, it's kinda meh but seriously just one

Angry Platypus
Jul 17, 2006

the last thing you see before OH GOD ANKLE SPURS
Two immersifiers used, two broken keel ER ropes received, BOTH with effect res substat. Today was a good day. :toot:

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The amount of outrageously good atk/dmg/crit belobog versus def/hp/effect res salsotto hurts me

:argh:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Angry Platypus posted:

Two immersifiers used, two broken keel ER ropes received, BOTH with effect res substat. Today was a good day. :toot:

Was trying to get that today, instead got an ERR Ritulant rope to drop :(

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Finally at max inventory of 5* relics, I guess now I need to start reading them instead of just deleting anything purple/blue. I am paranoid that I will delete the perfect relic for some unreleased character. "Oh no, that % def primary, crit and effect rate secondary Eagles chest is perfect for so and so".

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just focus on the best ones for the characters you're currently using. Keep any er ropes, crit chests, and speed boots.

Relic grind is eternal. Unless you're focusing on an upcoming character, it's not really worth it to worry about what might be good in the future beyond the obvious.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I just read them as I get them in the reward pop-up, lock the goodish+ ones, then salvage the rest. Makes it quick and easy

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

In general there are three sets of substats I'd look for. On offensive characters that's spd, double crit, any % stat. Pretty much always worth keeping any piece with double crit or one crit one spd, ideally with a live stat. For support characters it's eff res, spd, and defensive % stats. Easy enough. Harder to know what to hard lock for them but if you have all three of those it's a winner. Lastly are non crit offensive characters, basically dot characters, who are after atk%, ehr, and spd. Anytime you have all three of any of those pairings, it's a winner.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

wanted to get speed boots for topaz.
but they decided to give me attack boots with 4 speed/6%~ crit and 17%~ critdam instead.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

GateOfD posted:

wanted to get speed boots for topaz.
but they decided to give me attack boots with 4 speed/6%~ crit and 17%~ critdam instead.

This is how my DHIL ended up with an attack chest rather than crit damage. His crit rate is sky high and his crit damage is low, but a 4 secondary chest with speed, crit rate, and crit damage that rolled 1x crit rate and 4x speed is going to be hard to beat. It also puts him at 1 speed faster than Bronya, even though they are both kind of slow.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Not making any accusations, but has anyone actually seen a Broken Keel link rope with energy regeneration rate as the main stat? I see it's listed there as a possibility but that might just be to throw us off.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it's confirmation bias. there is no unique main stat sub stat distributions according to what equipment piece it is (other than the obvious per piece main stat limitations). i for one have like 5 broken keel energy regen ropes

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

It’s pretty simple, to get the main stats and subsets you want, just roll them on the completely wrong set :melter:

Also the TB level 70 reward is paltry, jeez. I get more loot from weekly SU than hitting the cap??

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, I've pulled 2 of them and 2 Rutilant er ropes.

Edit: After 70, you get a poo poo ton of credits instead of experience. Makes it much easier to level things.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 25, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Your passive income doubles. So you go from getting 66k credits a day (give or take) to 130k (give or take) It's a very noticeable difference.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Eimi posted:

Your passive income doubles. So you go from getting 66k credits a day (give or take) to 130k (give or take) It's a very noticeable difference.

Ooh, thanks. If there was a pop up explaining that then I definitely missed it.

Is there a HSR discord or friends code spreadsheet I’m missing? I want to mess around with Jingyuan and Clara using my increasingly hypercarry Topaz (because clearly the cavern is paying their IPC taxes)… but random refreshes don’t get me far since everyone’s running the more meta picks or low-level guys.

(My UID is 600401169, US)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I finally limped through Difficulty V of Swarm with my main Elation team. Now to work out two more paths that are viable for whom I have.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

coolusername posted:

Is there a HSR discord or friends code spreadsheet I’m missing? I want to mess around with Jingyuan and Clara using my increasingly hypercarry Topaz (because clearly the cavern is paying their IPC taxes)… but random refreshes don’t get me far since everyone’s running the more meta picks or low-level guys.

There's a goon spreadsheet hanging around, as far as I know there isn't a star rail discord but the genshin one has an active section for it

https://discord.com/invite/mJMjfy9b

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Xun posted:

There's a goon spreadsheet hanging around, as far as I know there isn't a star rail discord but the genshin one has an active section for it

https://discord.com/invite/mJMjfy9b

Come with play with us on the discord

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

coolusername posted:

I just put my Clara as my support. Help yourself.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

here's the goon spreadsheet

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My Jing Yuan is a permanent work in progress but he’s in decent shape. I’m on the spreadsheet.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Relic farming for DHIL is going pretty well, just need to upgrade his sphere, and build Yukong to push his crit rate over the 70% threshold.

This is by far the strongest character I've made between this game and Genshin, hopefully some of the new upcoming content is tough enough to make it feel meaningful.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

I guess this set for Topaz will do. Trying to get anymore is just greed. Now to finish Clara, just need atk boots for her with the right substats.

My Topaz runs with Fu Xian, so that's +12% crit on that, so 76% crit rate is perfectly serviceable imo.

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."

delfin posted:

I finally limped through Difficulty V of Swarm with my main Elation team. Now to work out two more paths that are viable for whom I have.

Well, who do you have though?

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
The game has now given me 2 copies of Clara's 5-star LC from the standard banner, yet no Clara. I don't even have any other 5-star Destruction characters for that matter. I was wrong to complain about Bailu E2 and Yanqing E1, yeesh.

Fingers crossed Xueyi can get some use out of these. Seems like a waste to have them sitting around in my inventory.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

Come with play with us on the discord

:lol: is this actually in the game? Also does the new Fu Hua Garuda form and her seemingly nuke-tier one inch punch in old school Honkai live up to your expectations.

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."

free Trapt CD posted:

The game has now given me 2 copies of Clara's 5-star LC from the standard banner, yet no Clara. I don't even have any other 5-star Destruction characters for that matter. I was wrong to complain about Bailu E2 and Yanqing E1, yeesh.

Fingers crossed Xueyi can get some use out of these. Seems like a waste to have them sitting around in my inventory.

Sadly she does not. If you really want the light cone to be slightly useful then go for Blade rerun (iirc Xueyi would be in his pool as well).
But well, 5* light cones always have better stats than 4* ones so you may also say she can get some use out of it. The one in Herta Shop still would be better though.

Eldsluft fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 26, 2023

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Put my E2 Luocha on the list (603204059), but feel free to ask for something else I have a lot of chars built (E6 Qingque(with s5 bp LC), E2 Silver Wolf, Lynx, Both Dans, etc).

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Edly posted:

Relic farming for DHIL is going pretty well, just need to upgrade his sphere

Ask and you shall receive I guess, goddamn. Except now his crit rate is 69.3% so I guess I'm gonna keep farming for one more crit roll somewhere.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Eldsluft posted:

Well, who do you have though?

The main issue is that Difficulty V hits too hard for my healers to keep up for long, and my main dpses (Blade and Topaz) are centered around Elation's blessings, so I need to work out a hybrid with much better sustain to make up for not having full Elation benefits. My only shielders are Fireblazer and March, so I'm testing Blade - Topaz - FB - Bailu as a Preservation/Elation hybrid at the moment.

There's a fair amount of luck involved, of course. Like, I'm always hoping for Svarog at the second boss choice because (for example) if it's Cocolia and the Deer, I can't focus down either before they end me on V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

delfin posted:

The main issue is that Difficulty V hits too hard for my healers to keep up for long, and my main dpses (Blade and Topaz) are centered around Elation's blessings, so I need to work out a hybrid with much better sustain to make up for not having full Elation benefits. My only shielders are Fireblazer and March, so I'm testing Blade - Topaz - FB - Bailu as a Preservation/Elation hybrid at the moment.

There's a fair amount of luck involved, of course. Like, I'm always hoping for Svarog at the second boss choice because (for example) if it's Cocolia and the Deer, I can't focus down either before they end me on V.

I'd suggest Abundance. It works well with Blade, gives extra max HP and debuff cleansing (which if you use Bailu you wouldn't have otherwise), and lets you scoop up a lot of blessings thanks to mercy. You can probably still get a lot of Elation blessings for extra DPS.