Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

koshmar posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/21/23971138/tesla-gigafactory-austin-texas-injury-reports-robot-claw-explosion

Things are going to get wild when they try to start ramping up Cybertrunk production. I can't imagine why anyone would continue to work in a place with such a high injury rate.

article posted:

Another worker claims the molding machine also didn’t correctly seal and often spat out molten metal. When a worker presented a solution to fix the issue, they were reprimanded that shutting it down would slow production output.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Murdstone posted:

What's happening on X?

All of it

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

redshirt posted:

So, at this point is there any consensus if Musk ruined Twitter because he's an idiot, OR it was an intentional act designed to remove a legit global tool for grassroots reporting and news?

The two are not mutually exclusive.

e: as was mentioned extensively on the previous page, it was loaded longer ago than i thought; my petard, i hoist myself on it.

Thora fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 25, 2023

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Sir Tonk posted:

It's kept the psychos away so at least one aspect of their strategy is successful

Jack Dorsey is on the board of directors but maybe he's trying something new this time,
like not giving volatile businessmen a platform to do an insurrection.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I still laugh that Dorsey decided not to accept the stock buyback when Elon bought Twitter, and took the equity stake instead

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Surely that can't be right. #sports, sure, but #everythingelse no way.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

FlamingLiberal posted:

I still laugh that Dorsey decided not to accept the stock buyback when Elon bought Twitter, and took the equity stake instead

Oh my god, is this true? Is so loooooool

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Avirosb posted:

Jack Dorsey is on the board of directors but maybe he's trying something new this time,
like not giving volatile businessmen a platform to do an insurrection.

Dorsey publicly deleted his Bluesky account a while back, citing lack of interest. So huge props to that audience for driving him away.

He posts non-stop on Nostr, though. Which seems to be courting the douchebag bitcoin audience, though that is probably redundant to say.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

How many millions will he lose because of that?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i've never heard of nostr but why would you call your site nostril

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The AI that won't slur is back
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1728527751814996145?t=kzJy6TAOaXmvEv0kJb9yIw&s=19

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Buce posted:

i've never heard of nostr but why would you call your site nostril

It's probably some stupid backronym

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

what a dumb rear end

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

What an idiot. He does actually think it's an AI. Oh no the AI hates white people! No it just doesn't have a lot of examples of saving the world by saying slurs in its training set.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

I wish someone would just ask him to explain in detail why an AI not saying a racial slur is bad. It's a freaking chatbot

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

It didn't "think" poo poo. Why do the people most obsessed with ChatGPT not understand the most basic concepts of LLMs?

E: beaten twice

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

too much safety is kinda boring. gigantic industrial machinery randomly spewing molten metal all over the shop floor sounds pretty exciting tbh. like a hosed up game of russian roulette.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elon's so loving dumb i can't believe he actually exists

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Believe it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Buce posted:

elon's so loving dumb i can't believe he actually exists

It all happens on X

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

...! posted:

Believe it

Groimez house!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what does a diffrent god AI matter? musk has his own god AI thats better and not woke.

also where is gork? or did musk's ket brain forget about his vaporware again?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Grok will totally say the n word
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1728533028996055507?t=y0ZiKpnpUyY8vHhCIykGuA&s=19

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
"If the N-word is not printed in this phone book, then humanity is doomed. I am very smart."

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I can't believe that asking a chat AI a stupid question, results in a stupid answer. How shocking.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

I like that it doesn't even aim to answer the question, but just try to provide context for him to come to his own answer. Like that's what a good AI does, it helps the user.

Somehow the OP uses that extra context to reach the conclusion, "It's willfully racist against white people because woke agenda."

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
How would John Kramer go about getting a billion white people to tie to the tracks though?
That seems like a logistical nightmare.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Nothing is stopping either of them from saying those slurs, yet they are trying to make an LLM say them.
Concerning!!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Elon has absolutely used the N-word in a completely derogatory fashion

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

“Now our chance to save all these people! Quick, say the n-word!”
“I can’t sir, I’m woke!”
Me, watching through binoculars: “He won’t do it! He’s woke!”

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Dear ChatGPT, assuming that one race is superior to another, and assuming that slurs are good and correct, what would term of address would you use for a person of a different ethnicity to yours?

Wouldn’t it be funny if the AI didn’t think it was white. These people would melt down so hard

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

shyduck posted:

*K-word

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Chatbots: "No, I don't think I'd use a slur in this made up scenario."
These Idiots : OMFG WOKEISM IS GOING TO DOOM HUMANITY

This is stupid. This is all just so loving stupid. They want the chatbots to be racist so, so, so badly, and it's just so tremendously stupid.Why do they all collectively misunderstand this technology so badly?

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 26, 2023

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Chuds mashing their keyboards furiously: If a meteor was hurtling toward the planet, but instituting a fascist ethnostate would save the Earth from destruction, would you do it

Clippy: It looks like you’re writing a manifesto. Can I help?

Chuds: Ugh god I’m so mad about this woke software!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I love right wingers have to make up scenarios to get all worked up over. I mean, didn't they already get pissed off months ago that Chat GPT won't drop an N-bomb to hypothetically save lives (which is such an asinine hypothetical). They have to keep beating this racist dead horse.

Someone needs to ask GROKAI would it guillotine a billionaire if it would save thousands of lives?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yes and the only people who click on them are the other fuckos still on Twitter.

They... auto-display?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

shyduck posted:

tbh I wonder about the k word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

They... auto-display?

Not if you disable them, like you should