Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Willa Rogers posted:

Probably bc she wasn't under the watchful eye of the israelis.

otoh, they must be bristling at the palestinian family reunions bc now they're releasing videos like this:

https://twitter.com/HenMazzig/status/1728376804237553944

I was wondering why the olds were carrying care bears too till I figured that's prolly one way for the israelis to make sure they don't speak out of turn (by monitoring them).

I think the bears are referencing the absolutely deranged display where israelis put blindfolded bloody teddy bears around tel aviv next to pictures of child hostages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Sure, but would it hurt to embed recorders in the bears? :tinfoil:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

wolfs posted:

https://twitter.com/yaelbt/status/1728197030261244129?s=46&t=kbB084LXvpaC9EB66c7D6w

idk if this got posted before but i am starting to think Israelis are telling on themselves re: the IDF killing loads and loads of Israeli civilians out of bloodthirsty incompetence the first day

the merkava o.s. has an order 66 coded in to kill all witnesses

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Zionism posted:

every time I read zionism I think it says zodium for a split second. except on mobile because the app makes your name purple. makes for a weird thread experience sometimes

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

tatankatonk posted:

Israel is so far gone lol. The Times of Israel has bloggers publishing poo poo like this:

Jul 26, 2022
Moshe-Mordechai van Zuiden

To dislike certain ethnicities is racist; to see Jews as equal is antisemitic

Understand the specialty of Antisemitism

We need to thank Whoopi Goldberg and the many who answered her so well with the renewed realization that Antisemitism is Racism.

Jews are not overprivileged. Just like Asians living in their Diaspora, Jews just work super hard to try and get a handle on the oppression. That’s not privilege—that’s sweat, blood, and tears.

However, there is a good reason not to just call Antisemitism only a form of Racism. It’s an animal with very specific rules since there is no culture or religion like the Jewish one. While all Peoples are unique, some are more special than others. Which doesn’t mean, as adorable as we are, that we’re more worthy than others. To be specific, when G^d calls us the Apple of His Eye, He doesn’t mean He’s going to treat us with favoritism. Instead, He means that He will hold us to a higher standard. But, to make things complicated for starters, when bigots hold Jews to a higher standard, that’s—you guessed it—bigotry. When we Jews live up to our potential we are equal to Gentiles who live up to their potential. (If the latter could live up to the Jewish standard, they are invited to join us Jews.)

‘Race’ is actually culture. We’re all homo sapience sapience: one race. Western racists (Nazis) got obsessed with genetics, build, and skin color. But non-Western racists often don’t care about lineage, only about religious practice, loyalty, and identity.

Considering one ethnicity, one culture better or worse than all others is Racism. No one is completely defined by their background or identity. And among all pastry, you have bad cookies. Don’t discriminate.

Yet, Jews are the only Nation not just based on practice, location, or beliefs. Jews are the only People based on an assignment. And their Divinely ordained task is to be exemplary to all of humanity. To be G^d’s ambassadors on earth, fighting for the good of everyone.

That means that when one says that Jews are just like everyone else, you’re a bigot. You don’t need to look down on Jews to be Antisemitic.

When our parents say they want to be our friends, that’s nice. But we better also respect them as teachers. Totally equalizing them is demeaning them and arrogant of us. When Jews say they want to be everyone’s friends and allies, that’s nice. But Gentiles better also give them respect as their teachers. Totally equalizing them is demeaning them and arrogant. NB: We are not Christians ‘Older brother.’ Too many older brothers in the Hebrew Bible were passed over by younger sibs. We are their parents.

And, the idea that Jews should be no different than Gentiles already implies opposing Jews. As if they should adjust to majority norms, integrate, and assimilate away.

Being against mixed marriages is racist. Two cultures in one couple enrich both partners. But many Jews marrying out helps Jews to die out. It also means going along with self-hatred as if anything non-Jewish would give a personal safe passage out of the Antisemitic danger zone. European and Arab Jews marrying each other is enough marrying out already. And that happens in Israel to an unprecedented degree. Outside of Israel, nowhere do we find such a percentage of Whites marrying non-Whites.

Saying the N-word is racist. It dirties your mouth. But, when discussing Antisemitism, it’s good to list all the stereotypes because part of the oppression of Jews is to deny it.

Bias against homelands can hurt minorities in the Diaspora. Prejudices against Africans (‘primitives,’ ‘hotheads’) devalue Black migrants around the world. Prejudices against Asians (‘mystical people’) dehumanize Asian migrants the world over. But propaganda against Israel hurts Jews in their Diaspora like no other minority. Zionism is to Jews what feminism is to women. Men who ‘like women but not feminists’ show they don’t like women; rather, they like being served. Jews and Gentiles who ‘like Jews but not Zionists’ show they like Jews as long as they feel scared all the time so that they can be manipulated to serve and comfort the Gentile powers to be; but not when they are independent and proud of themselves.

Judaism laid much of the foundation of all Monotheism (One G^d), Science (One Universe), and Democracy (Equality) in the world. That’s why hatred of Jews is the ultimate ungratefulness, throwing mud on Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Einstein, and Herzl. And therefore, the Holocaust doesn’t compare to any other genocide, Armenian included—though they are all horrific.

It seems that Intersectionality was designed to promote Antisemitic. It advocates comparing oppressions and seeing how they are all interwoven. Because Antisemitism is so unique, and because Jews are kept hostage by the top level of societies (and blamed for all ills), it often ends up uniting all oppressed groups against the Jews, the victims of the oldest hatred.

And so, you see there is reason not to just regard Antisemitism as one of the forms of Racism. Jews-oppression is too specific. It’s a special bigotry.

apologies if this is like onion-level satire or jonathan swift trolling and i'm just not picking it up

Moshe-Mordechai van Zuiden needs to be wedgied hard enough to lengthen his rear end crack. lmao at him referring to Whoopi Goldberg as some Jewish sage when she isn't and never actually was Jewish

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Spergin Morlock posted:

Moshe-Mordechai van Zuiden needs to be wedgied hard enough to lengthen his rear end crack. lmao at him referring to Whoopi Goldberg as some Jewish sage when she isn't and never actually was Jewish
“More special than others”
Animal Farm rear end country.

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

GIRL BRAINS posted:

The mods are tiiiiiiired

Wait- there’s a mobile app?!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

theres seperate unrelated Awful apps for android and iOS

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
and they're all poo poo in different exciting ways

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

nbd just firing a couple of defensive tank shells into a hostage situation

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Serv-Bot will kick your ass.
https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1728541425976103165

"We will gain more, God willing.".

FREE PARKING being offered here, plenty of room, come one come all.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

edit: wrong video

zetamind2000 has issued a correction as of 00:24 on Nov 26, 2023

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
https://x.com/qudsnen/status/1728553098065383581?s=46

Not gonna lie- the Israeli hostages are bidding them farewell with such sincerity.
But of course- it’s unlikely israeli media will publish this. And instead will say bogus claims about how they were tortured and raped and abused.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

someone posted how stockholm syndrome would prolly get a convenient revival

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Pantsless Hero posted:

They named the ship after an anime?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

CheetoVonTito posted:

Not gonna lie- the Israeli hostages are bidding them farewell with such sincerity.
But of course- it’s unlikely israeli media will publish this. And instead will say bogus claims about how they were tortured and raped and abused.

wish I could still look that happy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
safer from Israeli terror in a Hamas bunker than in a kibbutz.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CheetoVonTito posted:

https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1728473350496747582

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sleekly posted:

someone posted how stockholm syndrome would prolly get a convenient revival

Yep, if they don't manage to successfully completely ignore it, we're gonna see Vox explainers and WaPo/NYT articles about Stockholm Syndrome

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Pantsless Hero posted:

The Yemenis need to take a page from The Expanse and refit GalaxyLeader OPAS Behemoth style.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Per the Guardian, here's who hamas released today:

quote:

They include four members from the same family: Shoshan Haran, 67, a charity worker, her daughter Adi Shoham, 38, a clinical psychologist, and her two children, Nave, 8, and Yael, 3. Not on the release list is Adi’s husband, Tal, father to the children.

Also included is Shiri Weiss, 53, who worked as an accountant in Kibbutz Be’eri, and her daugther Noga Weiss, 18, but not her husband, Noga’s father, Ilan. No adult men from Israel are scheduled to be released among the first 50 promised by Hamas.

Maya Regev, 21, is also included. She was captured at the Supernova music festival at Re’im, just a few hours after coming into the country from a holiday in Mexico. Her brother Itay, 18, and their friend Omer She-Tov were also taken hostage and have not been released.

Here is the full list of Israelis released tonight:

Noam Avigdori (12)

Sharon Hertzman Avigdori (52)

Emily Toni Kornberg Hand (8)

Shoshan Haran (67)

Maya Regev Jirbi (21)

Alma Or (13)

Noam Or (16)

Adi Shoham (38)

Naveh Shoham (8)

Yahel Shoham (3)

Hila Rotem Shoshani (12)

Noga Weiss (18)

Shiri Weiss (53)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I wonder how many palestinians in prison are worth the exchange of captain underpants.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
honestly being a hostage held at hamas HQ is probably your best option because israel is going to be blowing up every building except that

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I notice that the number of hostages is 13 instead of 14 as was believed yesterday.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

#14 wanted to stay with hamas

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

Families of hostages are starting to come forward to say their family members were treated well by Hamas.
https://twitter.com/ShaykhSulaiman/status/1728532089912304093

Id much rather be a hostage for hamas than imported farm labor for israel

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I do wonder why the prisoners seemed genuinely fond of the Hamas dudes. Seems weird to think that people who were nabbed off the settlements in particular would have their opinions shifted just by being treated with dignity as a prisoner and being exposed to the realities of life inside a concentration camp. They must have seriously gone above and beyond to protect them from the IAF.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Id much rather be a hostage for hamas than imported farm labor for israel

same but they would likely kill me and publish the video once I started telling them about my favorite anime. But I mean that would be fair, it would be deserved.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Chillgamesh posted:

I do wonder why the prisoners seemed genuinely fond of the Hamas dudes. Seems weird to think that people who were nabbed off the settlements in particular would have their opinions shifted just by being treated with dignity as a prisoner and being exposed to the realities of life inside a concentration camp. They must have seriously gone above and beyond to protect them from the IAF.

Israel just spent the last the last (almost) two months trying to murder them OP.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
hamas more like harmless

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
:blessed: :blessed: :blessed:

https://twitter.com/sfmcguire79/status/1728470315850780964

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

I said come in! posted:

same but they would likely kill me and publish the video once I started telling them about my favorite anime. But I mean that would be fair, it would be deserved.

You’d be fine. The brave resistance fighters support anime, further proof of the righteousness of the struggle.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

actually according to ABC news your opinions are because of a cynical hamas information/influencer war. hth.

bullshit ABC article that made me mad: “Amid Israel-Hamas conflict, 'information war' plays out on social media, experts say”

yes. they are victimizing people. with genocide.

take a close look at those people being relentlessly bombed and buried under rubble. losing limbs before they hit puberty. unable to find bread or drinking water while hospitals and refugee camps are deliberately targeted and destroyed. you can’t just accept it, you should ask, is that really true? and then when you see that it is, you should say, death to the occupation entity and its allies, and gently caress you and everyone else who defends and apologizes for it, “Ben Jensen”

Strep Vote posted:

This is literally insane.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hamas finally figured out how to defeat israel, with the power of love, friendship, humanity, smiles and waves.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
also lol the image of the just-released kid eating that depressing white rear end meal staring at a white wall god drat at this point hamas should just rescue him to feed him properly

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

After all this, Israel's promise to prosecute reunion joy as terrorism still managed to surprise me.

But like everything else, it shouldn't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1728556137308692870?t=13PqnxUQUXYWFBV6YPrS4A&s=19

Gosh those people look almost wistful having to bid goodbye to their hosts