Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Wrong Theory posted:

Have you ever wondered what Dinosaurs lived in your area and thus would have been your friend growing up, well there's a website for that now: https://dinosaurpictures.org/ancient-earth

In NJ we have the Dryptosaurus, because we got that drip you know. I grew up in MN though, looks like they found a bunch of aquatic dinosaurs there. Maybe they would have liked the lakes. You can even change the globe by adjusting the time frame to see how the continents formed.

I don't get to have land animal friends for almost the entirety of geological time. Chances are in the near future that will again be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A.o.D. posted:

I don't get to have land animal friends for almost the entirety of geological time. Chances are in the near future that will again be true.

Ron DeSantis bans tiktaalik.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Ron DeSantis bans tiktaalik.

nonono. I'm in a place that actually has a native culture and cuisine, and is actually in the South and doesn't have Dunkin' doughnuts everywhere.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This is the second time this week that I have made a joke about a goon living in a specific Southern state but I’d misremembered, and it turns out that they live in Louisiana.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Gumbosaurus Andouillicus

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

A.o.D. posted:

nonono. I'm in a place that actually has a native culture and cuisine, and is actually in the South and doesn't have Dunkin' doughnuts everywhere.

yeah you're from the state where the short nimrod fascist intent on destroying higher education already occurred 15 years ago

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GD_American posted:

yeah you're from the state where the short nimrod fascist intent on destroying higher education already occurred 15 years ago

At least that one had the good grace to completely vanish from the face of the earth after embarrassing himself on national TV.

Platystemon posted:

This is the second time this week that I have made a joke about a goon living in a specific Southern state but I’d misremembered, and it turns out that they live in Louisiana.

and yes, that does mean I can understand what Coach O says.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

GD_American posted:

See, I'm from Louisiana too, and I had to have a good long think about who you might be referring to here.

Not due to a shortage of candidates, mind you. It was the opposite problem.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I assumed Jindal because he was at least a noteworthy nobody

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Jindal's taking a shot at "something called 'volcano monitoring' (hehe gottem)" in his 2009 SotU response, followed by a near-immediate volcanic eruption in Alaska costing that state several million dollars' oil revenue over the next couple months, was something that ought to have made any true believer question whether God hates them specifically.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
the furor over the shrimp treadmills all over again

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Discussion Quorum posted:

See, I'm from Louisiana too, and I had to have a good long think about who you might be referring to here.

Not due to a shortage of candidates, mind you. It was the opposite problem.

Fun fact- Bobby Jindal is the only living ex-Governor of Louisiana.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The louisana diet will kill a man as surely as the sword

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I will die happy.

Or at least full.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

how long you been sittin' there?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

how long you been sittin' there?

35 ye-ahs

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

bury me on a cracker

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Coaches bullshit blocking of military officers seems to be finally coming to an end
https://x.com/victorshi2020/status/1728966345428193669?s=61&t=AUXokj0Z93wgleXvQLVU5Q

No idea why that couldn't happen sooner though :shrug:

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Coaches bullshit blocking of military officers seems to be finally coming to an end
https://x.com/victorshi2020/status/1728966345428193669?s=61&t=AUXokj0Z93wgleXvQLVU5Q

No idea why that couldn't happen sooner though :shrug:

I assume it has something to do with :decorum:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ASAPI posted:

I assume it has something to do with :decorum:

It's Senatorial power. Killing off Tommy Touchdown's hold power here is chipping away at a single Senator's ability to hold anything and force a cloture vote for any reason.

And this isn't over yet - this is just priming the floor vote, which will require 60. There are probably enough pissed-off military-aligned Republican Senators to hit 60, but still unclear.

So less of a decorum thing, more of a power thing. Senators really, really like holding poo poo and Schumer needs 10 Republican Senators to agree "not that poo poo". And a whole lot of Republican Senators wouldn't mind those slots still staying unfilled and forcing Schumer to eat up floor time for each and every one of them.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Have they considered forcing the senators to work unpaid overtime until all matters of the day have been resolved?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

SerthVarnee posted:

Have they considered forcing the senators to work unpaid overtime until all matters of the day have been resolved?

Oh us working poor have advocated for that for a very long time. Somehow the powers that be aren't too receptive to the idea.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
As satisfying as it is to imagine this working, all but a handful of the Senate are independently wealthy and don't actually care about the relative pittance they get from their elected office.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Lemniscate Blue posted:

As satisfying as it is to imagine this working, all but a handful of the Senate are independently wealthy and don't actually care about the relative pittance they get from their elected office.

They would care about being forced to stay late though.

And honestly, sometimes I feel like the rich get more agitated by losing out on a pittance than any of us peasants would.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

SerthVarnee posted:

They would care about being forced to stay late though.

And honestly, sometimes I feel like the rich get more agitated by losing out on a pittance than any of us peasants would.

theyre so used to getting their way that being told no is a shock to them. thats not the case for us

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

SerthVarnee posted:

Folks were wailing and gnashing their teeth over Biden not giving them a whole new $2k check for Covid relief after he/the Dems called out Trump's reduction to $1,350 or something and made up the difference. You'd have thought someone shot their dog by the amount of vitriol hurled against the Dems for giving people free money.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

Folks were wailing and gnashing their teeth over Biden not giving them a whole new $2k check for Covid relief after he/the Dems called out Trump's reduction to $1,350 or something and made up the difference. You'd have thought someone shot their dog by the amount of vitriol hurled against the Dems for giving people free money.

Thanks for reminding me that Joe still owes me $1400 and to forgive $10k of my student loans

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Cugel the Clever posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of people like Trump actually bothering to cash a check of 25cents.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Cugel the Clever posted:

That's because he actually did promise a whole new check and then didn't deliver.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Cugel the Clever posted:

hoeassmotherfucker still owes me FOURTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!!!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
People balk at being treated unfairly even if they’re looking at “free money.” It’s
not a surprise to psychologists
, and it shouldn’t be a surprise for a major political party, or anyone else.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

TheWeedNumber posted:

hoeassmotherfucker still owes me FOURTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!!!

Other way around. He sent $1400 to bring Trump's $600 up to $2000.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

McNally posted:

Other way around. He sent $1400 to bring Trump's $600 up to $2000.

(...) #&@#$@%$#@#@

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

TheWeedNumber posted:

(...) #&@#$@%$#@#@

Look speak English, I'm rusty on regex

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Arrath posted:

Look speak English, I'm rusty on regex

That's just politician for "gently caress off poor"

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

pretty sure thats cartoon, not politician

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

My Spirit Otter posted:

pretty sure thats cartoon, not politician

What's the difference

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Bored As gently caress posted:

What's the difference

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

What's the difference

you get what you see when it comes to cartoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Exactly one week before the November election everyone who filed Virginia taxes got the following letter with attached check in their mailbox:

Would probably have made more of an impact if Youngkin's name was on the ballot for re-election, but there were enough close races that it might have helped keep a few seats GOP.